PDA

View Full Version : New Admin Question

Crim
01-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Hey everyone. I just bought admin a few days ago. i was wondering when it gets turned on and how i tell that it is turned on.

Thanks,
LoveCrim :muffy:

NOTE: so i totally put this in the wrong thread. someone move it for meh please? <3

OMGBEARS
01-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Zero has to enable your admin powers, and relies solely on how busy he is. Sometimes it can be up in a day, other times it takes a week. All I can tell you is that it'll be enabled!

Type "admin" into console or use "ma_admins" and if you get something back that says you don't have the permissions to use that command, then you don't have admin enabled. If it pops up with the admin menu (via "admin) or with a list of admins who are on at that time (via "ma_admins") then your admin has been enabled.

Rapedollar$
01-27-2010, 04:56 PM
bind / admin

if it says not authorized, you dont have it yet, if a menu comes up, put on the ibis.a tag

acolyte_to_jippity
01-27-2010, 05:10 PM
bind / admin
if a menu comes up, put on the ibis.a tag

and wear it proudly. don't be a pain

Crim
01-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Havent been a pain for 2 years now. so i think im grood

Kavinsky
01-27-2010, 07:54 PM
3 things though, I'm not saying your going to do this but walter has done this and its fucking annoying

Don't bable boring dumbass things in admin chat
like what do you think of such and so, what do you prefer to do bla bla

Don't slap yourself up to high spots to save time while everyone else got up there the hard way

and don't switch us over to shitty maps out of nowhere, disapear and leave us on it for 20 minutes when more than half the team has typed rtv in the first 30 seconds

Crim
01-27-2010, 07:57 PM
@ Kavinsky, no need to worry. I'm just mildly retarded, not completely ^_^

Bumpkin
01-27-2010, 07:57 PM
and wear it proudly. don't be a pain

Unless you're going incognito for other reasons...

walterbrunswick
01-27-2010, 08:01 PM
I ask people what maps they want to play, and I put up effective votes.

You need to take the stick out of your ass and stop continuously berating me, you fat tub of lard!

Kavinsky
01-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Just sayin' I'm thinking about making that a standard greeting for new admins who say hi in the forums.

Kavinsky
01-27-2010, 08:35 PM
walter you put up a vote with 4 way tunnel as number one selection in the middle of a hectic round.

Do you honestly think people wanted to play that piece of shit map or that they accidentally selected it when they were switching between weapons during a firefight with the zombies.

Crim a few other things while I think of it.

When putting up a map vote try to make sure its right after people have gotten there guns and are heading out of spawn at the begining of the round before the zombie spawns.

That way they dont accidentaly select something they didn't want.

Or at the very least say MAP VOTE COMMING UP!!!!!! in admin chat so people know its coming.

there have been plenty of times when I selected a map by accident when I was switching between my pistol and p90 in the middle of the round and had no idea what I voted for.

also one other tip when making the map selection try to make look like this to prevent spamming

4. Map
5. Map
6. Extend 10 minutes
7. Map

Crim
01-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Dont bring drama into this thread. i like to keep my work area drama free please. Internet is NOT srz bznz :muffy:

walterbrunswick
01-27-2010, 08:45 PM
I don't recall doing that Kavinsky. I usually wait until a good 2 minutes into the round before I call any votes.

If I did that, I truly apologize. You need to realize being an admin isn't always easy. So why don't you cut me some slack?

When I do votes, I follow this format:

ma_votequestion "New map vote?" " " " " "Yes, cade" "Yes, escape" "No"

... or ...

ma_votequestion "Allow fast zombies?" " " " " "Yes" "No"

Kavinsky
01-27-2010, 08:46 PM
sorry just trying to make a point.

Crim
01-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the Tips Kav. I know how annoying it is when i try to switch guns and a vote happens to pop up, so frustrating

Every little tip helps. ive never used admin commands or anything like that. i Appreciate the feedback. im like a sponge. must soak....information....

Apocalypse
01-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Walter. IBIS God. Amazing

walterbrunswick
01-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Walter. IBIS God. Amazing

Holy shit... I just noticed!!! OMG! PARTAY DUDES! :D

Sup Apoc :icon_mrgreen::pint::ball::party2::pals::party:

Apocalypse
01-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Holy shit... I just noticed!!! OMG! PARTAY DUDES! :D

Sup Apoc :icon_mrgreen::pint::ball::party2::pals::party:

nm you? you remind me of superman in your pic :p

acolyte_to_jippity
01-28-2010, 07:52 PM
superman?

nah. someone trying to look normal while holding in a fart?

yeah

Rapedollar$
01-28-2010, 10:20 PM
superman?

nah. someone trying to look normal while holding in a fart?

yeah

agreed... the superman thing... no

Clone
01-28-2010, 10:52 PM
@ Kavinsky, no need to worry. I'm just mildly retarded, not completely ^_^

thats me your talking about... im the retarded one..... or do i need to do the laugh?!?!

Clone

Nicktendo13
04-24-2010, 05:04 PM
the laugh plz! :)