just like the name says what can i kick for and what cann't i kick for

Fireye
01-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Read the punishment section of this thread:
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495

inthebutt
01-29-2010, 03:45 PM
just like the name says what can i kick for and what cann't i kick for

before you start kicking people you really need to not only read the rules but understand them.

basically if someone is breaking a rule and they don't listen, kick them.

they come back and still decide to break rules, ban them.

if they've been banned before and are still breaking rules, don't kick just ban again.

increase ban lengths with each incident start at 5 minutes and work your way up to 7 days.

repeat 7 day bans are allowed for more severe punishment and you can always put in a request to have someone perm banned by ZERO.

also recording demo's always gives you solid evidence also when someone questions you.

boszombie
01-29-2010, 03:56 PM
ok how do i demo them i dont have fraps maybe xfire?

Fireye
01-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Go to console (press ~), and type in:
record <demoname>

to start recording. Then type in "stop" in console to stop recording. So, to record a demo about boszombie, I'd do:
record boszombie

and then spectate him for a while. That'll create a boszombie.dem file in my counterstrike game folder.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-29-2010, 10:45 PM
people always tell me to put 2500 after the record command, why?

DeadEyeDeNNi$
01-30-2010, 12:10 AM
Go to console (press ~), and type in:
record <demoname>

to start recording. Then type in "stop" in console to stop recording. So, to record a demo about boszombie, I'd do:
record boszombie

and then spectate him for a while. That'll create a boszombie.dem file in my counterstrike game folder.

Hi and welcome to ADMIN... As Fire said but with one major addition... before you STOP the demo and sometime after the record demo, make sure that you type in console " sb_status" w/o the " so the record of who is in the server as well as their steam info..

When I saw the question of how do I kick, I got a bit concerned, although that is definitely a part of the system it shouldn't be the 1st question IMHO. There are a many different admin commands that you can enact and as said prior you really need to get to know the folks that are regulars as well as the IBIS members before you let the admin commands fly...

GLK and I'm sure that any of the admins will happily answer any questions that you may have.

boszombie
01-30-2010, 02:39 AM
i'm usally pretty fair i run 2 cod 4 server and 3 cod5 servers

it's not cause i'm kick happy cause i would rather due without kicking someone too resolve the problem too have too move to kicking them but you know as well as i do every game gots it a few asshats in it

Scrubbleboo
01-30-2010, 09:40 PM

it's not cause i'm kick happy cause i would rather due without kicking someone too resolve the problem too have too move to kicking them but you know as well as i do every game gots it a few asshats in it

:offtopic: English?

OMGBEARS
01-31-2010, 02:01 AM
:offtopic: English?

=

I'm usually pretty fair. I run two CoD4 servers as well as three CoD5 servers.

And it's not because I'm kick-happy, either. I would much rather resolve any issues with the player before resorting to kicking as a final option. Of course, you know as well as I do that every game has a few "bad-apples," so kicking is a viable option for certain individuals.

Scrubbleboo
01-31-2010, 02:28 AM
=

And it's not because I'm kick-happy, either. I would much rather resolve any issues with the player before resorting to kicking as a final option. Of course, you know as well as I do that every game has a few "bad-apples," so kicking is a viable option for certain individuals.

Thank you, I am way too lazy to sort through that.

Dog Brother #1
02-01-2010, 02:53 AM
This is insane, and although already taken care of, I feel obligated to ask a question, what the fuck else would you kick for if not for breaking the rules? Can't kick someone for pissing you off, don't kick people for absurd reasons like admin disrespect, and definitely don't slap Walter around the map on GunGame when you're bored.

maynard
02-01-2010, 03:47 AM
=

lmfao:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

boszombie
02-01-2010, 05:08 AM
Thank you, I am way too lazy to sort through that.

so you mean your too lazy too read thats sad

Dog Brother #1
02-01-2010, 05:45 AM
so you mean your too lazy too read thats sad

Punctuation please. I will flay your fucking family, and wipe my ass with their fucking skin.

Tragedy
02-01-2010, 09:28 AM
^^someone forgot to take their meds. :smirk:

acolyte_to_jippity
02-01-2010, 09:58 AM
it's good to know all we need to do to piss that thing off is not include puntuation always entertaining to make someone flip out over the little things on another note good job dealing with those guys in pub bos dont ever hesitate to ask another more experienced admin not dogbrother or a regular for advice

loka
02-01-2010, 10:09 AM
close this thread already

boszombie
02-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Punctuation please. I will flay your fucking family, and wipe my ass with their fucking skin.

ok ..... listen hear you dont scare me so stop trying

OMGBEARS
02-01-2010, 02:33 PM
ok ..... listen hear you dont scare me so stop trying

For Scrub:

Alright, now - listen here! You don't cause fear in my chest nor do you cause me to shake and tremple with any sort of self-doubt or worry.

Also, I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

So in conclusion, good sir: said efforts will have unfavorable results and end up being a massive waste of your time (which is still not as massive as my phallus). I am of the opinion that your energy would be better spent doing something else, such as watching over your mother who I fornicate with on a regular basis.

inthebutt
02-01-2010, 03:32 PM
This is insane, and although already taken care of, I feel obligated to ask a question, what the fuck else would you kick for if not for breaking the rules? Can't kick someone for pissing you off, don't kick people for absurd reasons like admin disrespect, and definitely don't slap Walter around the map on GunGame when you're bored.

you can kick for admin disrespect.

but I warn you tread lightly dog brother #1