View Full Version : Costco Security Guard, Feb/03/2010, 1pm EST

swear00
02-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Name in Game: Costco Security Guard
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:16009467
Who banned you: not sure.
When: 1 pm est
Where: CS:S zombie Server|Psychostats; 208.43.70.234:27015
Why banned: my brother was screwing around with my account and got banned from several servers that I used to play often. I'm not sure how I got banned :(

Other/Reason to unban: I'll be appreciated if you can come up with brief explanation of how I got banned, will promise that it will never happen again(means no share account with others). Thanks.

walterbrunswick
02-03-2010, 01:33 PM
I don't know who banned you or what you did, but I hope this is a good lesson for you.

Hence why I never share my account (at least not unsupervised).

acolyte_to_jippity
02-03-2010, 01:40 PM
walter, that should say "at least not sober"

swear00
02-03-2010, 03:41 PM
so that means i get unbanned now?

I tried to join but im still banned

ZERO
02-03-2010, 04:09 PM
If an admin can not post by tomorrow you will be unbanned.

Holy-Sonic
02-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Why banned: my brother was screwing around with my account and got banned from several servers that I used to play often. I'm not sure how I got banned :(

Other/Reason to unban: I'll be appreciated if you can come up with brief explanation of how I got banned, will promise that it will never happen again(means no share account with others). Thanks.

I don't know who banned you or what you did, but I hope this is a good lesson for you.

Hence why I never share my account (at least not unsupervised).

+ 10000000000000000000000000000, I learned my lesson, if we went back to the past.... the bans that were from the date of my join to the fourms, till early October were all my brothers fault, FUCK ME for leaving steam on

Quoth the Raven, "Forevermore" Listen To Walter, he is wise when he isn't Sober :)

Walter I am your SUPREME servant

OMGBEARS
02-08-2010, 10:08 AM
To much huge text ommmggg!

maynard
02-08-2010, 01:00 PM
why waste peoples time here asking what you did wrong... maybe you should just ask your brother... seems logical.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-08-2010, 02:24 PM
+1 maynard.

Dog Brother #1
02-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Perhaps this fellow should own up to the problems he caused by letting his brother use his computer in the first place. As it stands, the excuse is flimsy as is. We should keep the ban in-place for that reason.

I can't even tell you how many times I've heard the excuse that a sibling did it.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-08-2010, 03:06 PM
:sigh: the great, benevolent, and ban-hating dog brother speaks

all listen in rapture

what ever happened to the dogbrother who declared to everyone that "he did not intend on banning people" and that he didnt really believe in banning seems like you sure support it now or is it that he wasnt banned by you thats probably it someone else banned him and you know you wont get in trouble so you support it of course because no admin has spoken up about this you are still suspect to the banning

----------------
Now playing: Muse - Uprising (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/muse/track/uprising)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

Jeimuzu
02-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Everyone deserves at least a second chance. If he has learned his lesson about letting his brother on Steam, then I don't see any reason not to unban him.

But that's if the admin who banned him doesn't come forth and explain things.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-08-2010, 04:20 PM
@james: agreed. so far, the only non-sympathetic admin who's posted has been dog.

Bumpkin
02-08-2010, 04:55 PM
@james: agreed. so far, the only non-sympathetic admin who's posted has been dog.

Agreed here too, he needs to be given another chance.

He is obviously sorry and has learned his mistake, otherwise he never would have taken the time to post here.

Dog Brother #1
02-09-2010, 06:21 AM

He blames his brother for getting him banned. Instead of apologizing for the trouble he inadvertently caused by giving his brother access to his account. This is his fault, and he blames it on a third party unknown to us. It's sketchy at best. I see these kinds of excuses all the time.

so that means i get unbanned now?

I tried to join but im still banned

And this? I'd keep the ban up until it runs out for this alone. He hasn't even apologized yet, merely asked to be unbanned. Giving some flimsy promise of it not occurring again is not enough.

Keep the fucking ban in place until it runs out, or at the very least, if it's permanent, set it to a week, or a month, so they can feel the consequences of burdening us with this sort of shit.

Let's face it, folks. You can get quite a bit done by simply talking to someone about their behavior. In this case, he's made a half-assed attempt at asking to be unbanned. Furthermore, he hasn't even apologized. I would love to talk to him about it, but so far he's made no real attempt at doing so.

What do you when someone ignores all attempts at getting them to stop? What do you do when they evade being muted by rejoining the server, and when they refuse to stop the behavior that's disrupting the server? Do you hold their hand, and let them talk about their daddy problems that led them down this path, or do you ban them for however long?

Bans like this are why I want every admin to record a demo of a player being disruptive prior to removing them from the server. It's more work, but that way, we don't run into shit like this thread, with no goddamn record of why it happened. All we know is that an admin banned them, and that their Steam ID was the one used to cause the disruption they themselves admitted to, or blamed on their brother.

And you fine ladies and gentlemen harp on me for wanting an honest apology, and some sort of consequence for disrupting the server? The moment you see me ban someone, you can bet there will be a thread posted in the Bans forum, along with a demo of the disruption.

At any rate, I do hope we're waiting on ZERO's thoughts before we take any action regarding this fine person.

walterbrunswick
02-09-2010, 07:38 AM
I'm with Dog Brother #1 on this :wtg:

He's good a very good point.

Pink
02-09-2010, 10:55 AM
I would have to agree and disagree with dog. It could be a family computer and a family copy of the game (Why pay for the same game twice) and his brother has access to it when he wants and so does him. We just need to keep a close eye on this person but I do think second chances should be given.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-09-2010, 11:10 AM
:(

i was hoping dog would blow up again because of my lack of puntuation

Dog Brother #1
02-09-2010, 11:43 AM
I would have to agree and disagree with dog. It could be a family computer and a family copy of the game (Why pay for the same game twice) and his brother has access to it when he wants and so does him. We just need to keep a close eye on this person but I do think second chances should be given.

Why banned: my brother was screwing around with my account

He stated that it was his account. Please refer to my old post for my feelings on this matter.

-=NYS=- C.O.
02-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Closed until Zero decides what to do in this matter.

Jeimuzu
02-10-2010, 12:20 PM
It isn't closed yet, but I'll close it.

I'm kind of curious as to why Dog is trying so hard to keep this person banned though.