PDA

View Full Version : Oonyx - 1 day ban

DrTran
02-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Regular to the zombie server.
Caught him reconnecting to the server (when the round ends) becoming a zombie, then zteleing to the ramp leading to the door beating most of the cts there. An extremely cheap way to get a large amount of kills.
The next map I caught him again leaving the server and spawning as a zombie. He was warned to stop and didn't.

walterbrunswick
02-04-2010, 11:35 PM
I can testify to this.

I thought Oonyx was more trustworthy than this.

And like I told DrTran, a certain IBIS member had done this before. This behavior should NOT under ANY circumstances be condoned! EVER! It is INEXCUSABLE!!

Fucking rank whores... I HATE 'EM!!!! :assault::assault::assault:....................... .................................................. :reddot::reddot::reddot:

Oonyx
02-04-2010, 11:36 PM
The first time at Helms deep, I disconnected before the round ended, and then reconnected about 30 seconds into the next round spawning as zombie. Before zteling to the pit on helms deep, I made sure that a substantial amount of humans could already pass. But you asked me not to do it again and I agreed not to, though I still had a contention with your argument.

The second time on the elevator map I connected after being offline for about 10-15 minutes and it took me two or three tries due to being instantly kicked for "not having a reserved slot." Thus, it was actually the first time I was playing that round and I was never a human. So you're quite mistaken, and if you had speced me you would have seen that it was the first time me playing in that round. Besides, if I were a human in that round and reconnected to spawn as a zombie, that's not a rule infraction. So what's the basis for the ban exactly?

DrTran
02-04-2010, 11:42 PM
V. Glitching

1) Taking advantage of the shortcomings of a map

A) Using methods not intended by the map creator to gain an advantage where it is 99%+ impossible for zombies to get you

3) Taking advantage of a mod

A) When used to break the normal functionality of the game

a) Such as wards or poison smoke being used on bombs and hostages

I'm pretty sure the map author didn't intend for zombies to be able to get ahead of the humans in the lotr map. You're just doing whatever you could to remain a zombie to raise your score. And I was speccing; I saw you reconnect not just joining the game.

Oonyx
02-04-2010, 11:45 PM
You banned me immediately after the alleged second infraction on the elevator map which you've not addressed - can you explain how what I did there, i.e. spawn as a zombie, can be construed as glitching in light of what I posted above? I'm asking because in your original post you stated "He was warned to stop and didn't."

DrTran
02-04-2010, 11:59 PM
XII. Spec/Retry

1) No player shall enter spectate to avoid death.
2) No player shall reconnect or leave the server and come back to avoid death.
3) No player shall reconnect or leave the server and come back to play again in the same round.
4) Above applies to all servers for all players, should not be confused with allowing zombies to teleport to avoid death.

As I see it, your leaving then coming back the beginning of the round is your way of avoiding death. You're becoming a zombie without being knifed, thus pretty much guaranteeing you several kills with a perfect ratio.

Stop worrying about your rank and become a zombie the natural way.

Oonyx
02-05-2010, 12:03 AM
Your response is entirely irrelevant. I'm sure you read the second paragraph of my first post; I did not reconnect on the elevator map as I was offline the preceding several rounds.

DrTran
02-05-2010, 12:15 AM
Like I said. I was on spectator and I saw a disconnect and reconnect, your story doesn't match what I saw.

Oonyx
02-05-2010, 12:19 AM
When the server is full and there are reserved slots left, the server will kick you immediately after connecting (even before the game shows up) for not having a reserved slot if you do not have one. To active players in the server, the console will still show that player as having connected (though it does not seem to show that the player was also kicked). I was successfully connected only on my second or third try. I hope that clears up the confusion.

DrTran
02-05-2010, 12:35 AM
I know about people being kicked for reserved slots, its happened to me in the past. I thought it shows a message about reserved slot in the console though when it does happen.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-05-2010, 12:40 AM
as much as i can't stand oonyx, he is right about the reconnecting thing. the servers have 21 (43 for zm) slots, but at any one time there are only 20 (42 for zm) people playing. that's because the last slot is automatically kicked...at all times. so basically, when someone tries to join, they'll "join" and then be automatically kicked before they actually are "in". People are actually "in" once you see the line from steambans.com and the info about their steamID.

players in game watching chat will see "so-and-so has joined the game" and will see that each time the person tries to join.

so yes, oonyx is right that he probably was joining late. HOWEVEr, i find that it is common courtesy to announce to the ct's in game (once you join late and are in spec) that you joined late and intend to !zspawn. normally, they'll say there's no problem with it. but don't do it if there isn't much time left, or there are only a few cts left.

edit: this isn't even talking about the reserved slot. nobody w/ a reserved slot will ever fill that 21st (or 43rd) slot. it's only there to kick people from.

Oonyx
02-05-2010, 12:41 AM
@DrTran: No, I've never seen any messages about reserved slots being shown to active players other than the person who's being automatically kicked. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the console does not show it to administrators either. I can assure you, however, that I was simply reconnecting due to the reserved slots. With that, please reconsider the ban. Thanks.

DrTran
02-05-2010, 12:52 AM
I'm not sure if I have the ability to unban; I know my admin is limited. I'll find someone who can if I can't.

In the future though lay off rejoining just so you can spawn as a zombie. You may not have not done it on purpose when I banned you but you did before.

walterbrunswick
02-05-2010, 12:57 AM
Actually to correct you, aco, an extra slot is allocated for SourceTV in ZM and GG (don't know about PUB or WCS).

That means that there can only be 19 actual players in GG 19/21 (SourceTV is #20), and 41/43 in ZM (SourceTV is #42).

Anyway, I have a more important question...
http://www.ianchadwick.com/tequila/images/tequila_poster_01.jpg

loka
02-05-2010, 01:23 AM
SourceTV takes an invisible slot and does not take an actual slot. ZM and GG has reached it's full potential of 21 and 43 many times with SourceTV. It does not show in your console that someone was kicked for reserve slot, only the person who it kicked. I guess this is the faulty of adding rules where morons can be ban happy.

walterbrunswick
02-05-2010, 01:35 AM
SourceTV takes an invisible slot and does not take an actual slot. ZM and GG has reached it's full potential of 21 and 43 many times with SourceTV. It does not show in your console that someone was kicked for reserve slot, only the person who it kicked. I guess this is the faulty of adding rules where morons can be ban happy.

SourceTV is indeed allocated a spot.

And yes it does include in the message that someone was kicked for a reserve slot.

Can I ask you... are you acting this stupid just for kicks?

DrTran
02-05-2010, 01:36 AM
Right, one ban makes me ban happy....

loka
02-05-2010, 01:39 AM
Has nothing to do with the source tv bot as it uses an invisible slot. ???

This comes from Zero. So....... not sure where I would be careful as to count the eggs coming from your ovaries walter.

walterbrunswick
02-05-2010, 01:45 AM
Has nothing to do with the source tv bot as it uses an invisible slot. ???

This comes from Zero. So....... not sure where I would be careful as to count the eggs coming from your ovaries walter.

Based on 'View Info' of the server.

I cannot join with 21/21 players, and SourceTV is listed as a player.

So, unless you believe everything you read (which you probably do), SourceTV is NOT in an "invisible" slot. Nor are any of the other bots that occupy the slots in the GG server or the ZM server.

EDIT: loka just stick to your Army PT...

I would join as a Marine in OccFld 11 but due to fucking limitations on "security," that is not feasible for me now.

In any case, leave the investigative work to the pros.

loka
02-05-2010, 02:01 AM
FYI i don't really care. You don't need to post bans unless its a perma. It creates stupid posts like mine where I want to cause grief to those who take it so personally. :D

Vladninja
02-05-2010, 02:26 AM
I can testify to this.

I thought Oonyx was more trustworthy than this.

And like I told DrTran, a certain IBIS member had done this before. This behavior should NOT under ANY circumstances be condoned! EVER! It is INEXCUSABLE!!

Fucking rank whores... I HATE 'EM!!!! :assault::assault::assault:....................... .................................................. :reddot::reddot::reddot:

LOL Im not a rank whore and if the rules were up to you I would have been banned many times over.... you need to learn whats fair and what isnt (by IBIS rules). You can ask James for help if you need it. Then start talking like your the boss...

walterbrunswick
02-05-2010, 02:30 AM
LOL Im not a rank whore and if the rules were up to you I would have been banned many times over.... you need to learn whats fair and what isnt (by IBIS rules). You can ask James for help if you need it. Then start talking like your the boss...

I'm not on trial here! ;o

Secondly, I would have never banned you, regardless of clan membership or lacking thereof; you were always a good player.

Along with our long-lost counter-parts *bows head*

Kavinsky
02-05-2010, 04:07 AM
I have to admit its funny reading this with walters responses blocked

EVL_Ripper
02-05-2010, 07:39 AM
WTF Dr Tran got admin too? Fuckin a.

Rage
02-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Like I said. I was on spectator and I saw a disconnect and reconnect, your story doesn't match what I saw.

When you don't have a reserved slot it will still connect you to the server and kick you. SO it looks like he joined but doesn't actually 'join'

Holy-Sonic
02-05-2010, 09:09 AM
Dr. Tran you don't have to post bans unless its a perma, but this seems legit, and Walter oonxy or what ever you say his name not a good person when your off.... but anyways.... OONXY or whatever YOU MUST HAVE A COPY OF A CONSOLE chat. or a demo of the incident

Andrew_Pavlik
02-05-2010, 12:46 PM
I can testify that oonyx takes advantage of this often. I had an argument with him on helms before about how gay it was that every round he re-connected and then spawned as a zombie and would ztele to the cage, there were rounds were only 2-3 people actually made into the doorway. When I said I would go ask an admin about this he stoped however he then just waited outside the door to be spawned in the cage to be tagged as a zombie.

There has also been maps where ooynx couldn't reach me due to him being a fast zombie and his knockback so he then switched classes, disconnected and then re-joined and spawned as a poison to reach me easier.

I know ooynx is a good zombie and a good ZM player, I just wish he wouldn't be soo cheap sometimes. Also I was there playing when this happened and ooynx did it MORE then once so is argument his all mostly lies really.

I guess I'll start taking demo's whenever he joins a game, I hate when people take advantage of a system.

DrTran
02-05-2010, 01:49 PM
I think what needs to be said has already be said, some people are getting off topic.
Can someone close this thread. Oonyx send me your steamid and I'll unban you; I can't find where I wrote it.

inthebutt
02-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Oonyx has had a long history with following rules.

I've banned him many times before and I'm sure other admins have banned him as well for not following rules.

next time he does break a rule like ZTELE from zombies or disconnecting and reconnecting. start at a 1 day ban. nothing less.

he's a reg on ZM and should know the rules by now.

Bumpkin
02-05-2010, 06:42 PM
WTF Dr Tran got admin too? Fuckin a.

He did.

I was there when he first bore the tag...such a beautiful moment...

I cried on the inside.

Oonyx
02-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Also I was there playing when this happened and ooynx did it MORE then once so is argument his all mostly lies really.
Completely false Andrew. After Dr. Tran asked me to stop it, I did and it only occurred one time.

As to your other accusations, there were no rules regarding those things at the time and several admins seemed ok with it even doing the same themselves. Also, you're exaggerating somewhat.

...disconnecting and reconnecting. start at a 1 day ban. nothing less.
I believe whether or not disconnecting and reconnecting to spawn as a zombie is against the rules is still up for discussion. Thankfully you're not an arbiter of these issues, so I will be bringing that particular topic up in the main rules forum.

Vladninja
02-06-2010, 12:07 AM
I believe whether or not disconnecting and reconnecting to spawn as a zombie is against the rules is still up for discussion. Thankfully you're not an arbiter of these issues, so I will be bringing that particular topic up in the main rules forum.

Actually its not still up for discussion...
3) No player shall reconnect or leave the server and come back to play again in the same round.

Server Rules 1.6
XII. Spec/Retry
1) No player shall enter spectate to avoid death.
2) No player shall reconnect or leave the server and come back to avoid death.
4) Above applies to all servers for all players, should not be confused with allowing zombies to teleport to avoid death.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495

Second you would be wise to listen to what ITB says... I'd say as a member of IBIS Clan he is in fact an arbiter of these issues.

Oonyx
02-06-2010, 12:13 AM
I've seen that rule already, thanks. But it doesn't apply if you were to, e.g. disconnect shortly before one round is over and then join towards the beginning of next round to spawn as a zombie. In that instance you've only played once in a round, right? But like I said I'll bring it up in the main rules forum.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-06-2010, 12:50 AM
oonyx, stop. your ban is up. drop it. you won't get anywhere. at all.

Oonyx
02-06-2010, 12:54 AM
This has nothing to do with the ban, but when a clarification of rules is sought, where exactly do you think a person is trying to go?

But you're right about the ban - the issue between DrTran and me has been amicably resolved and my ban was lifted.