PDA

View Full Version : whos going to get it?

uuntiltheendd
02-12-2010, 11:21 AM
its only february and i cant fucking wait! after watching this video, i feel i have tourettes.

http://www.bungie.net/projects/reach/vidaudio.aspx?c=58&i=24782

this game looks gorgeous and its still in development. tits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ManBearPig <ibis>
02-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Those bird looking things look fucking retarded. And they weren't in the book if i remember right. So I don't approve.

Edit: Its called a skirmisher or some shit.

uuntiltheendd
02-12-2010, 12:38 PM
yea, they look like something out of sesame street. but theyre still badass.

oh but bungie said that the game has nothing to do with the book even though they are both about the planet reach.

ManBearPig <ibis>
02-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Reach was glassed before even the first game of halo. IDK how its suddenly normal now.

ZERO
02-12-2010, 02:28 PM
I will not have anything to do with that game.

Abandoned
02-12-2010, 03:30 PM
yeah ok, in my opinion, it looks like they just reskinned everything and threw in a few new details and lvls.....ummm ok?

uuntiltheendd
02-12-2010, 06:55 PM
yeah ok, in my opinion, it looks like they just reskinned everything and threw in a few new details and lvls.....ummm ok?

yea, sounds like bioshock 2. and mass effect 2. and starcraft 2. and just about every other sequel (well in this case prequel.) ummmm ok.

this game is going to top the charts again.

@zero: im sorry to hear that bud.
@mbp: yea, reach was glassed right before halo:ce. that is why halo reach is a prequel.

anex
02-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Yay, another undeserved burntout title that the game magazines are going to rave as the biggest release of the year.

I agree with Zero. I will also not be playing this game.

KaMiKaZi_NiNjA
02-12-2010, 10:33 PM
I've always found it ironic how players get mad when they don't add new things in a game outside storyline, because its just a sequel not a new game. If they add a new feature or improve multilayer etc then power to them but in the end all I'm looking for is more to the story.

If I can I will be playing the hell out of this game.

uuntiltheendd
02-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Yay, another undeserved burntout title that the game magazines are going to rave as the biggest release of the year.

I agree with Zero. I will also not be playing this game.

anex we know you hate halo. it will still make millions without your contribution. :icon_mrgreen:

Nemesis
02-13-2010, 01:03 AM
Reach was glassed before even the first game of halo. IDK how its suddenly normal now.

they didn't glass the whole thing, they were looking for something down there and the Spartan II's go to stop them. i think at some point the Spartan III's meet up with some of them.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-13-2010, 01:24 AM
did you read first strike?

they found the thing the covenant was looking for on reach, underneath the castle base in that book

uuntiltheendd
02-13-2010, 03:24 AM
i two of the books years ago. but the game reach has nothing to do with the books. neither does this thread.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-13-2010, 01:08 PM
i'm sorry.

anex
02-15-2010, 10:57 AM
i two of the books years ago. but the game reach has nothing to do with the books. neither does this thread.

You know your gay when you read books about the video games you play.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-15-2010, 11:16 AM

well, my gf would say otherwise. the halo books were actually really well written. i was suprised

maynard
02-15-2010, 12:43 PM
I will not have anything to do with that game.

+10:wtg:

uuntiltheendd
02-15-2010, 01:10 PM

keep hating. halo owns.
@acolyte: yea the ones i read were pretty good. but dont mind anex. he just really hates halo because he sucks at it.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-15-2010, 01:16 PM
well, honestly, halo does suck. yeah, at the time it was amazing, but the story, graphics, gameplay were all slightly better than average. bioshock was where it's at, and still nothing will approach cs:s as far as shooters go.

uuntiltheendd
02-15-2010, 01:21 PM
well, honestly, halo does suck. yeah, at the time it was amazing, but the story, graphics, gameplay were all slightly better than average. bioshock was where it's at, and still nothing will approach cs:s as far as shooters go.

to each his own.
yea css is on top with shooters but halo is pretty damn close (as far as how many people are playing it and how much has been sold.) as far as gameplay, they are obviously completely different. but to say it sucks is kind of stretching it. there wouldnt be as many people playing it and it wouldnt have such an epic fanbase if it sucked.

maynard
02-15-2010, 01:31 PM
meh. I agree with acolyte. I played it a couple times... and other then the single player, there was 0 appeal 2 the game. Halo is incredibly basic.

KaMiKaZi_NiNjA
02-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Halo is incredibly basic.

I totally Agree with that, I'm just in it for the storyline.

to each his own.
yea css is on top with shooters but halo is pretty damn close (as far as how many people are playing it and how much has been sold.) as far as gameplay, they are obviously completely different. but to say it sucks is kind of stretching it. there wouldnt be as many people playing it and it wouldnt have such an epic fanbase if it sucked.

The main reason CSS is so successful IMO, is because it has had time to settle so the mods available have been tweaked with enough for near perfection. No small part on the Valve Team making it so much easier to add and subtract code with their Basic to advanced Console options and server scripting.

Basiclly Make a game that's able to do anything and watch the $$.