PDA

View Full Version : rage ibis.a abuse

pwnage
02-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Admin's INGAME name: rage ibis.a
You're INGAME name: pwnage <ibis.a>

How did he/she abuse (See TOS): He was banning people for a MONTH if they blew the bridge in the lost world redux map. I think that this is sort of overkill for just blowing the bridge. Maybe a 30 minute ban would be better...

Proof (Proof is NEEDED in order to report abuse, if the abuse contains admin commands and chat only a date and time is needed; however, a screen shot or console copy is helpful):

"Console: ** BRIDGE CHARGE DETONATED -- JUMP YOU FOOLS! **
XXXI MOROCCAN SOLDIER IXXX suicided.
Jackboot suicided.
Goofy Goober suicided.
Powerupstone [NOR] suicided.
DâяҜДиđrξگ suicided.
NOOB MAN suicided.
BrEaK.\/. suicided.
thats not my batman mug suicided.
(NyC)BrOnX suicided.
baked beans suicided.
Bottom Feeder suicided.
(ADMIN) [SCM] Rage ibis.a: banned player Born2 | Cromllem
[DAD]-Hoody suicided.
*DEAD* baked beans : !zspawn
Diggity Dave™ suicided.
(ADMIN) [SCM] Rage ibis.a: next person is also a month.... what don't you idiots understand?"

(ADMIN) [SCM] Rage ibis.a: banned player baked beans
*DEAD* ReFLeX : THEY PULLED IT
*DEAD* ReFLeX : 1
dima connected
[SteamBans.com] No positive match found for dima (STEAM_0:1:5425313).
[SteamBans.com] No positive match found for dima (STEAM_0:1:5425313).
Saintsaberᴰᴵᴸᴰᴼ : FAIL BUS
Bartacus : why did baked beans get jicked and banned
*DEAD* ReFLeX : admin plz respawn me
&..skilled..& killed Lapsed Pacfist with zombie_claws_of_death.
Mojo suicided.
Console: ** C4 planted! **
Stop hackers, support the server, be a leader, and become an ADMIN. Type !admin to find out more!
Console: ** Mobile Command Center has crashed **
Goofy Goober suicided.
(ADMIN) [SCM] Rage ibis.a: because he blew the bridge

Console: ** BRIDGE CHARGE DETONATED -- JUMP YOU FOOLS! **
Bottom Feeder suicided.
upstairsdude suicided.
pwnage <ibis.a> suicided.
Player: pwnage <ibis.a> - Damage Taken
-------------------------
Damage Taken from "world" - 4800 in 1 hit
thats not my batman mug suicided.
Diggity Dave™ suicided.
baked beans suicided.
Arnold Shwarznegger suicided.
DâяҜДиđrξگ suicided.
(NyC)BrOnX suicided.
HalaL suicided.
Andrew_Pavlik : lol retards//
(ADMIN) [SCM] Rage ibis.a: banned player XXXI MOROCCAN SOLDIER IXXX

There's three people right there......

XxMastagunzxX
02-21-2010, 10:56 AM
A month is ridiculous. :headache:

Rage
02-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Yes its rediculous, but those idiots blowing the bridge are ridiculous! No matter how many times you tell them they still blow the bridge. I like how pwnage convienently left out the time he said "next person to blow the bridge will get a 7 day ban minimun by me". And the first person wasn't a month.

Oh and granted someone should really explain what senior admin means. I tried today and it just turned into a bitching fight.

pwnage
02-21-2010, 11:20 AM
Yes its rediculous, but those idiots blowing the bridge are ridiculous! No matter how many times you tell them they still blow the bridge. I like how pwnage convienently left out the time he said "next person to blow the bridge will get a 7 day ban minimun by me". And the first person wasn't a month.

Oh and granted someone should really explain what senior admin means. I tried today and it just turned into a bitching fight.

dude you really need to calm down, it's just a game and you're doing way too far with this whole senior admin thing. you got mad at me for doing a map vote when I had no idea that you were even still on the server. you were a spectator at the time and your name was below where I could see it. I said that I was sorry for not bowing down to the almighty admin. And yes, I did say that the next one to blow the bridge was going to get a 7 day minimum ban because from what I was aware of YOU WEREN'T GIVING OUT A FRICKEN MONTH BAN!!!! I mean come on a month!?? That's going above and beyond what was needed.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-21-2010, 11:36 AM
yeah, that's a bit much rage.

oh, and pwnage, i think if you type into console ma_admin it will show you any admins on at the time

THE HOLY SH**T!
02-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Senior admin...

zer0<clan members<admins.

If no clan members are in the server, the admin who has been in the server longest is senior admin.

If another admin wants to make a map vote over the senior admin, they need permission from the senior admin.

Jeimuzu
02-21-2010, 11:45 AM
A month is overkill, but if after being frozen and having things explained to them, and still being unable to learn, then that is when they deserve to be banned. (The freezing step should always be taken, because not all people are completely unresponsive.)

acolyte_to_jippity
02-21-2010, 11:54 AM
there has to be a way for, like, abandoned, to edit that map so that console will output who blew the bridge. like right before it says in chat "The bridge charges have been triggered, JUMP!!" it would say "~~~~~~ has pressed the lever!"

Holy-Sonic
02-21-2010, 12:35 PM

Rage.... NO MONTH BANNING.... MOST you can give is a WEEK, here is the process for me (if i get admin again in the distant future) freeze->kick ( you can skip kick)-> 1 hour ban -> 1 day ban -> 1 week, BUT BLOWING THE BRIDGE will automaticly get a 1 weeks ban.... unless its there 1st offense, and there are new to the servers.

A month is ridiculous. :headache:
Yup, and if its for there 1st time.

A month is overkill, but if after being frozen and having things explained to them, and still being unable to learn, then that is when they deserve to be banned. (The freezing step should always be taken, because not all people are completely unresponsive.)

What if they were new to the servers, care to give a explanation?

StarsMine
02-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Yes a month is a bit much, but when someone fucking does it just for kicks every damn round. :banghead:

I like the blow up the bridge concept but its retards who dont listen need to be banned. Month is to much.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-21-2010, 01:47 PM
see, what i'd do, i would take not who it was, and at the beginning of next round, freeze them in mid air (on the plane or something)

then they'd have to watch until the round was over (if theyre the last one alive then i'd slay or something)

loka
02-21-2010, 01:58 PM
You know, there's a ton of people who do not know the special rules of the ZM server unlike regulars. Sometimes you get the reg who wants to be a smart ass and nuke the bridge.

A 1 month ban isn't going to do anything. I don't care if you're sick of "babysitting". A 30 minute ban is suffice and pretty much rules them out of playing the map. That's why you purchased admin right? To essentially put to order those who are breaking the rules. If your so sick of babysitting, don't purchase admin anymore. It's common sense. Like a real babysitting job. If you hate it, leave it. So unless they are hacking, a 30 day ban is ridiculous. It should be followed by steps, but if you don't want to go by the steps of slay/kick/ban then just do a simple 1 hour ban.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-21-2010, 02:10 PM
yeah. like loka said. the first time, to make sure they understood, i would freeze them once the round started, and explain to tem that it wasn't allowed. then slay them for that round and if they do it again ban for 30 min. you should also keep a list of people you have trouble with. just a notepad document or somthing like that where you can record ingame name, steamid, sentence (and how long), and brief reason, and a checkmark for each time it has occurred. That way you'll be able to quickly check to see if they've been bad before. and if so, that means they still haven't gotten the messege.

tj26
02-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Senior admin...

zer0<clan members<admins.

If no clan members are in the server, the admin who has been in the server longest is senior admin.

If another admin wants to make a map vote over the senior admin, they need permission from the senior admin.

just to clear this up

*= standard admin’s are basically everyone that has admin besides high ranking clan members.
**= high ranking clan members include: Steven(ZERO), Tanner(Anhilation), Jared(krod/JigSaW), Robby(ENZO)
This tos is subject to change, check to see changes in the future.

this is what i go by am i wrong or what lol

walterbrunswick
02-22-2010, 12:13 AM
Jared is the man! :icon_mrgreen:

acolyte_to_jippity
02-22-2010, 12:40 AM
well, considering i have never heard of Anhilation, or Enzo (and thus never seen them) i'm going to assume they're not with us anymore.

A Baby Panda
02-22-2010, 01:12 AM
well, considering i have never heard of Anhilation, or Enzo (and thus never seen them) i'm going to assume they're not with us anymore.

Well Jigsaw was gone since before I joined with IBIS and he's obviously back. They're upper clan members, they're always with IBIS haha.

Spasm
02-22-2010, 06:42 AM
I'd like to point out that I have never played the map and I play zombie mod sometimes, would really really suck to get a month ban for something you didn't know =\

-=NYS=- C.O.
02-22-2010, 08:13 AM
just to clear this up

*= standard admin’s are basically everyone that has admin besides high ranking clan members.
**= high ranking clan members include: Steven(ZERO), Tanner(Anhilation), Jared(krod/JigSaW), Robby(ENZO)
This tos is subject to change, check to see changes in the future.

this is what i go by am i wrong or what lol

Yep, you're wrong.

OMGBEARS
02-22-2010, 08:17 AM
Senior admin is first admin to log onto the server. It follows this rule:

High Ranking clan member > First Admin on the server > Other admins in order of time logged in the server that particular session.

Clan membership has nothing to do with senior admin other than being Zero, Anhilation, JigSaW, and ENZO, three of whom I've never seen on the Zmod server and two of whom I've never even seen.

I've banned people for a week for blowing the bridge. It's really, REALLY annoying when you warn from the get go and on the last round of the map someone blows the bridge with 20+ people on it. They know exactly what they did, and there's absolutely no excuse for it.

A month might be overkill, but don't do it and don't get banned -- it seems like a fairly simple concept.

tj26
02-22-2010, 09:34 AM
well nys no disrespect or any thing never had a problem with you or any thing but thats what it says in the tos so maybe zero needs to fix it

-=NYS=- C.O.
02-22-2010, 09:58 AM
well nys no disrespect or any thing never had a problem with you or any thing but thats what it says in the tos so maybe zero needs to fix it

You're right. Zero has to update it on the TOS. I already created a thread on our section in regards to this matter.

OMGBEARS
02-22-2010, 10:21 AM

Those aren't definitions of what being a senior admin entails. Those are clarifications in regards to specifics in terms of service. Standard admins have always followed a seniority based on time logged in on that particular session.

This is the full excerpt from the ToS:

1) Under no circumstances are standard* admins allowed to perform any admin command on a fellow clan members / admins.
2) Map changes will be dictated by high ranking clan members** / the automated map vote. If there are no high ranking clan members on the server, the first admin on the server will have the privilege of changing the map to what he / she wants. However, this is not to be abused by rapid map changes.

The main attention, when considering what being a senior admin requires, should be in regards to the second term; mainly the situation entailed by there being no high ranking clan members (which is a point clarified at the bottom of said post) online at the same time in which an admin is online.

There should be something more specific describing what a senior admin is, I agree.

-=NYS=- C.O.
02-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Those aren't definitions of what being a senior admin entails. Those are clarifications in regards to specifics in terms of service. Standard admins have always followed a seniority based on time logged in on that particular session.

This is the full excerpt from the ToS:

The main attention, when considering what being a senior admin requires, should be in regards to the second term; mainly the situation entailed by there being no high ranking clan members (which is a point clarified at the bottom of said post).

As I posted in my last reply. That will be updated.

OMGBEARS
02-22-2010, 10:32 AM
As I posted in my last reply. That will be updated.

I was referring to what tj posted originally, not to your posts, Nys.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-22-2010, 10:39 AM
well what exactly is being clarified nys?

why doesn't what was originally in the tos apply? and by that i guess i'm just saying what has changed?

maynard
02-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Clan membership has nothing to do with senior admin other than being Zero, Anhilation, JigSaW, and ENZO,

just zero n jigsaw.

tj26
02-22-2010, 12:31 PM
not trying to spam this thread or anything guys lol

but if zero is working on changing it shouldnt be a problem because it clearly says subject to change and to be quite honest i never do much if i am senior admin if people vote for a stupid map its their fault lol. just saying that because that seems to be the biggest debate over senior admin.

aside from all of that i see no problem with it as long as clan members dont abuse it (i.e. clan member logs in for 5 minutes changes map than logs off because they dont want to play is one issue i could forsee happening that i would not agree with)

maynard
02-22-2010, 12:33 PM
not trying to spam this thread or anything guys lol

but if zero is working on changing it shouldnt be a problem because it clearly says subject to change and to be quite honest i never do much if i am senior admin if people vote for a stupid map its their fault lol. just saying that because that seems to be the biggest debate over senior admin.

aside from all of that i see no problem with it as long as clan members dont abuse it (i.e. clan member logs in for 5 minutes changes map than logs off because they dont want to play is one issue i could forsee happening that i would not agree with)

... clan members have no seniority over you in map changes or senior admin at all. if you're logged on first, then you're senior admin regardless of them logging on. the only ibis members that this doesn't apply 2 are jigsaw and zero. if they log on, they're senior admin. this only applies 2 them.

didn't we just have this conversation in a diff thread last week?

tj26
02-22-2010, 12:38 PM
i was just basing it off of what nys keeps saying

so until it gets fixed who knows lol

its gonna be ok maymay lol no clan members play wcs :P

maynard
02-22-2010, 12:42 PM

it wouldn't matter if they did... they would NOT have seniority over you even if they did log on. and there are some clan members who play, just not much recently.

Festae
02-22-2010, 01:24 PM
my own personal opinion here.. but uh..

dont play a map that gives ANY player the option to blow up something that will kill everyone.

I've made a few maps that sends giant objects smashing through stuff and blowing stuff up, and people LOVE those maps for THAT reason alone.

It was put in the map in order to do EXACTLY that, so how exactly are you gonna get pissed off at someone for doing what the map maker had intended on it doing in the first place?

Easiest solution, don't play that map.

2nd solution.. get a tampon and quit yer bitchin

3rd solution.. learn Hammer, and make the map the way you want it. (takes a LOT longer but gets you the end result you're after without having to trust the trigger happy noob in the server to not blow everything up, because they can and WILL)

Jeimuzu
02-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Not to sound power hungry or anything, but to my knowledge (despite the ToS) the clan members always had seniority over regular admins despite when they logged on.

Though in my case I would just let whoever is playing the role of senior admin in the server continue. Unless of course they were going to a map so horribly awful that I would want to just murder everyone because of it.. Then I might say, "Let's not go there.." Or if they were doing absolutely nothing anyways..

@Holy Sonic, if they were new to the server, then that is the absolute best time to explain things to them instead of just banning them. Everyone starts somewhere.. That includes even me. If they continue after the first warning, that's when you might want to ban for a day.

maynard
02-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Not to sound power hungry or anything, but to my knowledge (despite the ToS) the clan members always had seniority over regular admins despite when they logged on.

Though in my case I would just let whoever is playing the role of senior admin in the server continue. Unless of course they were going to a map so horribly awful that I would want to just murder everyone because of it.. Then I might say, "Let's not go there.." Or if they were doing absolutely nothing anyways..

@Holy Sonic, if they were new to the server, then that is the absolute best time to explain things to them instead of just banning them. Everyone starts somewhere.. That includes even me.

regular members have no seniority over admins... the only members who have automatic seniority is zero and jigsaw.

you NYS vlad, who ever can log on WCS, but if I'm on first, I'm senior admin.

Zero told me this himself. when all the new members were added I asked him regarding the rules on this and he said and I quote "the only members that get automatic senoirty is myself and jigsaw, every 1 else is based on when they log on."

acolyte_to_jippity
02-22-2010, 02:35 PM

well, vlad occasionally.

Vladninja
02-22-2010, 02:47 PM
well, vlad occasionally.

So I got busy with life for a bit... Dont think Im not coming back to OWN in WCS.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-22-2010, 02:49 PM
So I got busy with life for a bit... Dont think Im not coming back to OWN in WCS.

christ vlad. no need to get pissy.

Vladninja
02-22-2010, 02:56 PM
christ vlad. no need to get pissy.

Whos getting pissy.... :-P less QQ more PEWPEW :lmao:

tj26
02-22-2010, 03:33 PM
ill be waiting vlad stick my knife in your back

Scrubbleboo
02-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Rage rages harder than anyone I've seen on these forums. A month ban? LOLZ. It's really easy to piss him off (trust me, I've done it multiple times with very little effort)... not a good quality in an admin.

Rage
02-23-2010, 03:02 AM
I can't even begin to tell youi how many times i spammed 'DON'T BLOW THE BRIDGE WITH HUMANS ON IT" in the chat and across the screen, all throughout the round so no one could say they didn't know. Morrocan Soldier is always breaking the rules and has blown the bridge A LOT, baked beans has been in their before and when i told his friend why he got banned, his friend said he did it because 'if was annoyed that other people did it to him'. What kind of an excuse is that?

-=NYS=- C.O.
03-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Senior admin is first admin to log onto the server. It follows this rule:

High Ranking clan member > First Admin on the server > Other admins in order of time logged in the server that particular session.

Clan membership has nothing to do with senior admin other than being Zero, Anhilation, JigSaW, and ENZO, three of whom I've never seen on the Zmod server and two of whom I've never even seen.

You actually do not but it is fine for you all to be above the normal admins when it comes to seniority especially as that is how it has played out anyways. Let me know if I need to tell anyone this.

There's your answer.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-01-2010, 10:25 AM
ok, considering i can't view the original post that came from, i'm guessing it was from the clan forum.

thanks for clearing that up nysco. see, zero really should post things like that publicly, so that we know.

-=NYS=- C.O.
03-01-2010, 11:42 AM
ok, considering i can't view the original post that came from, i'm guessing it was from the clan forum.

thanks for clearing that up nysco. see, zero really should post things like that publicly, so that we know.

That is correct and you're welcome.

ZERO
03-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Yes clan members do have seniority.