PDA

View Full Version : StarCraft 2

maynard
03-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Thought id make a thread for this. we don't have 1 yet and it's an amazing game and I'm sure quite few of the community members will play when it's released.

I can also help any 1 who wants 2 play it right now get it(free), it's quite simple.

1- http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5371903/Starcraft_2_Beta_Client_US_Build_13891 to download the game exe. or you can use isohunt.com like I did.

2- download attached file "Starcraft 2 Beta Crack + map.rar" extract lazylaunch installer into C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta

3- go to http://www.gamingnewslink.com/2010/02/28/tutorial-play-starcraft-2-beta-crack-with-ai-starcraft-2-beta-ai-maps/ and download a 2 or 4 player map. put map file into C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta

4- launch lazylaunch from the icon in your SC beta folder. then double click on the map you downloaded. grats, you're now playing.

The AI isn't that much of a challenge though, to improve it download StarCrack AI 5.5 (no ai cheating).rar from my attached file. follow instructions, this will bring AI up 2 the best there is right now. if you want a challenge then download the second rar file I attached called "IAI_v0.3_Protoss_Only" put the files in the rar into your C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta this will cause protoss and only toss 2 play well. ill update the other ai changes as they're made.

your virus protection might tell you that lazylaunch isn't safe, but it infact is. it's the only crack that exists for SC2 right now and is what every 1 is using. it just get's red flaged as cd key gens often do. but I assure you it's safe. enjoy.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ipBCEZwbM0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ipBCEZwbM0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ZERO
03-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Actually u want version 2 of lazy and then 1.2 of the gui version then you can get options like someone in the forums was claiming to have.

maynard
03-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Actually u want version 2 of lazy and then 1.2 of the gui version then you can get options like someone in the forums was claiming to have.

who abandoned?

http://rapidshare-free-download.com/download/lazy+launch+version+2.html

I went there and downloaded it and it has now destroyed my pc.... great. I can't even fucking get into safe mode or anything ,every time windows trys 2 start some blue menu quickly pops up with a buncha nums n text in it, and just force restarts the machine. I can't do anything but watch my PC constantly restart now....

Chikun
03-05-2010, 08:28 PM
who abandoned?

I went there and downloaded it and it has now destroyed my pc.... great. I can't even fucking get into safe mode or anything ,every time windows trys 2 start some blue menu quickly pops up with a buncha nums n text in it, and just force restarts the machine. I can't do anything but watch my PC constantly restart now....

lol owned

maynard
03-05-2010, 09:04 PM
great so now I'm stuck with this ancient PC till monday and will more then likely lose everything on my PC... hooray.

no 1 download version 2 of lazylaunch. stick with my intructions.

Abandoned
03-05-2010, 09:27 PM
who abandoned?

hey now wait just a dad-blam second!! I never once told you to go anywhere on the web!! I simply stated I had a crack that allowed for SC2 play with AI

maynard
03-05-2010, 09:42 PM
hey now wait just a dad-blam second!! I never once told you to go anywhere on the web!! I simply stated I had a crack that allowed for SC2 play with AI

I know. but you did say you were making your own and that's how you were playing. and you stated the only reason I couldn't use it was cause your crack some how is double the entire game isntall size... I told you how bad I wanted 2 play SC and you just lead me 2 believe your crack was the only way, you coulda just told me 2 get lazy luanch just like you had it already, but for some weird ass reason decided not 2. I never once said my PC problem is related 2 you though.
I never even heard of lazylaunch ver 2 but cause I heard it from zero I figured it would be fine, guess I shoulda just stayed with what I had going on.

also have you finished your 4 gig crack yet?:smirk:

ZERO
03-06-2010, 12:09 AM
I am using it you just downloaded a virus b/c you could not find it. I will link a good source for people.

This thread: http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/2155077/5426554/
lists all the stuff you need.

Also note that that site has like a 95% chance of giving you a virus just look at it. Almost all sites like that contain viruses. It is also linking to some other crap site for the dls anyways. Which option did you select? direct dl, torrent, what?

Also did you actually turn your antivirus off!? Or do you not have any?

maynard
03-06-2010, 12:26 AM
I am using it you just downloaded a virus b/c you could not find it. I will link a good source for people.

This thread: http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/2155077/5426554/
lists all the stuff you need.

Also note that that site has like a 95% chance of giving you a virus just look at it. Almost all sites like that contain viruses. It is also linking to some other crap site for the dls anyways. Which option did you select? direct dl, torrent, what?

Also did you actually turn your antivirus off!? Or do you not have any?

I dunno I did direct dl or something. it was first thing when I woke up and was half asleep... just wasn't thinking correctly.

and I had 2 uninstall my avg cause it kept telling me lazylaunch was a virus, when I new it wasn't before. so I was operating with no virus protection.

ZERO
03-06-2010, 01:05 AM
This is exactly why I say that any anti virus that gives false positives is useless becuase it will cause the user to just turn it off anyways... also you had to make an account on that crap site too for the dl. I know b/c I went to the same place looking for the gui but turned around b/c it looked like a place with no good. You should change password to any e-mail account ect use used on that computer right away. If there was a link in the confirmation e-mail for that websites account it could have stolen your password.

UPDATE all passwords on a secure machine right away :wtg:

maynard
03-06-2010, 01:54 AM
so whats diff exactly with lazylaunch version 2? like can you make all the AI challenging 2 play? and they actually are challenging?

cause there's a bunch of scripts out there that say they do that, but they don't.

Andrew_Pavlik
03-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Besides lazyluanch 2, I did this and it works , played a bunch last night. Thanks Maynard!

maynard
03-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Besides lazyluanch 2, I did this and it works , played a bunch last night. Thanks Maynard!

Np:icon_mrgreen:

what class you prefer?

Andrew_Pavlik
03-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Well it keeps selecting classes at random for me, which is fine because when I play multi I always choose random anyways. But I haven't had the chance to play zerg yet but both tarren and protoss was fun but I think if I can really get the hang of tarren they could be a lot of fun.

maynard
03-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Well it keeps selecting classes at random for me, which is fine because when I play multi I always choose random anyways. But I haven't had the chance to play zerg yet but both tarren and protoss was fun but I think if I can really get the hang of tarren they could be a lot of fun.

just hit f10 and click restart, and keep restarting till you hit whatever class ya want.

ZERO
03-06-2010, 11:26 PM
you need version 2 if you want to be able to use the gui mod with it that allows you to select the ai and what races you and it are and do things like enable fps output

maynard
03-07-2010, 02:42 AM
you need version 2 if you want to be able to use the gui mod with it that allows you to select the ai and what races you and it are and do things like enable fps output

yeah... but I don't care what the AI is.. all I care about is the AI actually hard 2 beat? if I set it 2 insane or hard or whatever, will it actually deliver?

ZERO
03-07-2010, 03:02 PM
It should but I have not tested anything but very easy b/c I am just using it to benchmark right now. Last night I played it just using the M11x and it was a bit tricky without a physical mouse but I was still able to win and see how the M11x runs this game on the go. One game that took probably 20-30min used 15% of the battery and I was never having any lag even at max settings on everything.

I LIKE TURTLES
03-08-2010, 12:37 PM
All i can say is the graphics are sickk... but the game play is very different.

Peons only return 5 mins?
hot keys are diff
hard to test the new units bc the ai is retarted... need that legit beta key!
groups can now hold 24 units...
zerg buildings give me nightmares

oh, and i pew on u.
PEW PEW PEW

maynard
03-08-2010, 12:46 PM
hard to test the new units bc the ai is retarted... need that legit beta key!

cause you didn't downlaod

AI_v0.3_Protoss_Only.rar

if you did the protoss AI would be a decent challenge allowing you 2 try the units out.

I LIKE TURTLES
03-08-2010, 01:21 PM
cause you didn't downlaod

AI_v0.3_Protoss_Only.rar

if you did the protoss AI would be a decent challenge allowing you 2 try the units out.

Maynard u silly whore. I have the ability to change the AI.. im saying.. you cant fool proof strategies vs AI... u need to test them on people... ppl are much more creative than AI can ever be :)

maynard
03-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Maynard u silly whore. I have the ability to change the AI.. im saying.. you cant fool proof strategies vs AI... u need to test them on people... ppl are much more creative than AI can ever be :)

... I might be a whore... but don't you ever call me silly!:icon_mrgreen:

I LIKE TURTLES
03-08-2010, 01:36 PM
... I might be a whore... but don't you ever call me silly!:icon_mrgreen:

my apologies mr. whore!

tupacs cousin
04-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Blizzard gave everyone an extra beta key about 2 weeks ago and i didn't give mine out yet if anyone wants it PM me

I LIKE TURTLES
04-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Blizzard gave everyone an extra beta key about 2 weeks ago and i didn't give mine out yet if anyone wants it PM me

i PM'd ya!

ZERO
04-09-2010, 08:33 PM
I sent a pm and got no response!

maynard
04-09-2010, 09:00 PM
I sent a pm and got no response!

me 2... I think he's just toying with our emotions.... :mini triste:

ZERO
04-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Ban hammer time!!!!! (dam my all caps mod sometimes even I can not have any fund b/c of my own server settings)

I LIKE TURTLES
04-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Ban hammer time!!!!! (dam my all caps mod sometimes even I can not have any fund b/c of my own server settings)

HAHAHA BAN LOL.
Im still recycling thru 2 friends accounts ATM.
Gold division ftwww

tupacs cousin
04-10-2010, 03:43 PM
oops sorry HAUAUAUAAUUH

maynard
04-10-2010, 04:18 PM
oops sorry HAUAUAUAAUUH

I LIKE TURTLES
04-12-2010, 09:05 AM
What a queer

maynard
04-15-2010, 12:22 PM
What a queer

that's a nice way of putting it..... but seriously... wtf... this game needs 2 come out already....

I LIKE TURTLES
04-15-2010, 05:43 PM
that's a nice way of putting it..... but seriously... wtf... this game needs 2 come out already....

Im getting my fix. got a key via invite.

2v2 platinum league with my boy
1v1 gold =D =D =D

maynard
04-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Im getting my fix. got a key via invite.

2v2 platinum league with my boy
1v1 gold =D =D =D

whore:smirk:

anex
04-18-2010, 09:03 AM
joNPrnY4K_4

Dodge the rapist, Matrix defense, Bounds, and Rpgs are going to be more intense. woot t(o.Ot)

I can't wait to get my hands on their editor and data rewriting programs.

maynard
04-18-2010, 04:48 PM
man.... you suck anex.. you took my lust and desire for this game and made it 10 times worse.

anex
04-19-2010, 03:53 PM
What how?! The only thing that made sc last so long was the UMS maps.

maynard
04-20-2010, 01:37 AM
What how?! The only thing that made sc last so long was the UMS maps.

I couldn't agree more.... just after watching that vid though I'm jonesing like a mother fucker.

anex
04-20-2010, 05:28 AM
AH fuck I read what you wrote wrong. I thought you said, in my twisted little brain, that your desire to get this game went down. My bad.

I honestly can't wait for Hell Bound to get remade because you know that is probably going to be one of the first ums maps to get created.

Spasm
04-21-2010, 04:55 PM
You can get a beta guy by preordering at gamestop

Xerenix
04-28-2010, 05:45 AM
You can get a beta guy by preordering at gamestop

Wow. You get beta and a guy if you preorder?! :O

I must def preorder this game.

demonater10
04-28-2010, 04:55 PM
More excited for D3 yo.

maynard
05-02-2010, 04:42 PM
w00t

got a beta key with my pre order today! bwahaha installing client now =p

I LIKE TURTLES
05-03-2010, 12:47 PM
w00t

got a beta key with my pre order today! bwahaha installing client now =p

Hey Buddy,

If you want to get raped, add me
"burnT.blunted"

:icon_mrgreen:

maynard
05-03-2010, 05:19 PM
ill add ya later when I'm on. but a quick question, why when I create a game why does it only allow me to make the AI very easy? is that honestly the only AI option available in the beta?

I LIKE TURTLES
05-03-2010, 06:28 PM
ill add ya later when I'm on. but a quick question, why when I create a game why does it only allow me to make the AI very easy? is that honestly the only AI option available in the beta?

Hey buddy...
honestly i have no idea... i dl'd the cracked beta to play vs AI... got bored of that after 1 game... i've only done multiplayer thus far and nothing else.

my advice, if you want to learn.. just play the custom games... they do not count towards ur rank/division. when u are ready to play... 1v1, or 2v2 or whatever... you will have 5 placement matches to place you into a division. You can also just watch reps of every match you play and learn from that (that's what I did)

5-0 in placement = platinum division
4-1 = gold
3-2 = silver

If you get placed in say silver... you can always move up if you win enough games. the ladder is built so you play a stronger opponent each time you win... hence ladder

also, each new 2v2 pair you have will have to go thru the same 5 match placement scheme.

see you in platinum :)

maynard
05-03-2010, 09:02 PM
ya I'm doing 2v2 with a friend. we did our placement matches n shit. I just think it's odd when I make custom games that the AI only had very easy to offer lol...

Holy-Sonic
05-04-2010, 09:47 PM
More excited for D3 yo.

Same ^^:smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk:

maynard
05-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Same ^^:smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk:

lol that's still like 2 years away... so who cares.. every 1 is excited for it, but it's not even remotely close so I think it's fair 2 play other games during the wait.

now, I'm going back to SC2:icon_mrgreen::wtg::wtg:

maynard
05-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Fuck YEAH!

Ranked number 1 in 2v2 silver league w00t w00t.

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/ktown4life1337/SC2.jpg

ZERO
05-06-2010, 09:16 AM
If you rank #1 in WCG you can get into IBIS

I LIKE TURTLES
05-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Fuck YEAH!

Ranked number 1 in 2v2 silver league w00t w00t.

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/ktown4life1337/SC2.jpg

Hurry and get into plat maynard, I am patiently waiting for you :)
Your rank won't last tho... Unless you play that shit religiously. There are some crazy fuckers with nothing else in their lives!

Zero, can i hug you?

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9135/76834028.jpg
Random FTL

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/573/72319614.jpg

Just had my friend matic pull up my n00b profile

maynard
05-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Lol ya I know... but I was quite happy 2 get first place. how the hell do I move up in leagues anyway?

I'm on it! FOR IBIS!!!

I LIKE TURTLES
05-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Lol ya I know... but I was quite happy 2 get first place. how the hell do I move up in leagues anyway?

I'm on it! FOR IBIS!!!

Keep winning... bnet will place you higher if your good enough

maynard
05-07-2010, 01:05 AM
do you not also find it beyond retarded that they switched the vespene and supply depot positions on the build menu... fucks with my head big time, not sure why they did that.

OnEyEdMaN
05-07-2010, 08:55 AM
i remember playing starcraft back in the day..i was really addicted to it big time..same time with the counter strike..and half life..couldnt afford a pc yet that time so i have to rent a pc on a internet cafe..i was around 10-12 yrs old back in 95 or 96.

lastgamer
05-07-2010, 07:45 PM
im still learning but u guys can add me and play with me so that i can get better : lastgamer.alvin :smirk::smirk:

I LIKE TURTLES
05-09-2010, 04:37 PM
I've been bz this weekend :P

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2645/95317256.jpg

Spasm
05-10-2010, 03:50 PM
I've been bz this weekend :P

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2645/95317256.jpg

How long does the beta last, until release?

maynard
05-10-2010, 10:27 PM
How long does the beta last, until release?

yup:wtg:

maynard
05-19-2010, 12:55 AM
they're closing the beta on the 31'st! gaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy

diablo
05-20-2010, 06:07 PM
hows starcraft? is it worth it to buy whenever it comes out? I was a big fan of the age of empires 2. Havent played another strategic game since then.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-20-2010, 06:42 PM
hows starcraft? is it worth it to buy whenever it comes out? I was a big fan of the age of empires 2. Havent played another strategic game since then.

mmmmmm, aoe 2. star craft'll probably be a good buy. however i'm not much of a competitive player, so i'll have to see how the single player campaign is.

maynard
05-21-2010, 01:22 AM
diablo.... it's fucking amazing...Lol..

beyond awesome game. ive been playing starcraft though sinse the original, I loves it. but even if you're new to SC2, you'll have a great time. grapics are amazing and the gameplay it's self is just awesome.

oh, and turtles, I'm ranked 1 in gold division now... was all excited 2 get up to platinum... but they closing the beta soon... so oh well.

I LIKE TURTLES
05-21-2010, 03:44 PM

beyond awesome game. ive been playing starcraft though sinse the original, I loves it. but even if you're new to SC2, you'll have a great time. grapics are amazing and the gameplay it's self is just awesome.

oh, and turtles, I'm ranked 1 in gold division now... was all excited 2 get up to platinum... but they closing the beta soon... so oh well.

Let's 1v1 2v2

diablo
06-01-2010, 07:31 PM

Shit ill buy itt :)

ManBearPig <ibis>
06-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Yeah its probably the best game ever made. But Diablo II is a close second imo.

maynard
06-04-2010, 05:44 PM
diablo 3 will be beyond epic.... I'm very excited for it.

echo501st
06-11-2010, 03:17 PM
the beta closed stage 1 yesterday, they entered stage 2 this morning i believe. stage two is the the one they release i think.

maynard
06-11-2010, 04:33 PM
beta went down on the 7'th. and wont be back up for a while.

FAil Boat
06-14-2010, 05:46 PM
So does that mean no playing till the 27th? :'( I was gonna pre order but not if i cant play now.

maynard
06-14-2010, 05:51 PM
yes the beta is closed, but even if you did pre order when it was open you would more then likely not get a beta key. they only released a limitd amount, hence why they were going on ebay for 100-300 dollars a key lol.

the game will be back up for a couple weeks prior 2 release though.

FAil Boat
06-14-2010, 10:24 PM
/ragequit.exe

Perry
06-17-2010, 03:09 AM
yes the beta is closed, but even if you did pre order when it was open you would more then likely not get a beta key. they only released a limitd amount, hence why they were going on ebay for 100-300 dollars a key lol.

the game will be back up for a couple weeks prior 2 release though.

why waste money on a pile of shit like this?

acolyte_to_jippity
06-17-2010, 09:14 AM

now, sc 2 isn't a pile of shit.

far from it. it's nowher near as good as the original, but it's still a phenominal game.

maynard
06-17-2010, 11:03 AM
it's nowher near as good as the original

lol.... you either haven't played the beta, or you did like once for 20 minutes on a friends PC, cause SC2 is beyond an improvement from the first 1, so much in the game has been fixed and balanced finally. the maps are a million times better now (they even kept the original good ones) the ranking/ladder system is like a trillion times better then what it used 2 be... the new map editor is just fucking amazing... there's no more late night korean games on the north american end. the work going into the campaign this time is fucking amazing... the UMS maps can do unthinkable things like FPS style UMS games.... there's like an endless list of shit they did 2 make this game epic, and that's exactly what it is.

my only real beef is that thors are underpowered and over charged. and as patches are released they keep making the thor more and more useless.

in the original you could mass like 30 carriers in 15 minutes, this is no longer possible which is great cause not every 1 playing is capping there units and generating more game lag. the game has been changed 2 what is was always intended 2 be, even since the orignal, and that's a rush/micro based game.

I LIKE TURTLES
06-18-2010, 02:21 PM

You are a pile of shit you fuckin TOOL.

I wish I could fly out to cali and shit in your mouth. Shit face.

Sc2 is the shit, ok shit head?

Hi.

FAil Boat
06-21-2010, 12:06 AM
You are a pile of shit you fuckin TOOL.

I wish I could fly out to cali and shit in your mouth. Shit face.

Sc2 is the shit, ok shit head?

Hi.
I second this notion.

Can't wait till sc2. Just hope I have a job by then so I can buy it.

mcilwain
06-23-2010, 03:54 PM
I was in the beta, it was awesome and i played it all the time.
But its closed, and i thank blizzard for letting me help them test the beta.

maynard
06-23-2010, 03:58 PM
I was in the beta, it was awesome and i played it all the time.
But its closed, and i thank blizzard for letting me help them test the beta.

it will be open again for a short period prior 2 the games release.

mcilwain
06-24-2010, 10:54 PM
But yeah, blizzard patched all the bugs in that phase and i liked it but i didn't like how 4v4's had people with cheap-shit computers.
Every 2 sec the player lags. Its crazy.
And i heard Dota is coming to sc2. <-- BULLSHIT.

maynard
06-25-2010, 01:00 AM
And i heard Dota is coming to sc2. <-- BULLSHIT.

?????

mcilwain
06-25-2010, 04:04 PM
You dont know dota? Wc3's popular map..

Defense of the ancients.

And its crap map.

Reason its coming to sc2 is cuz they have heros with lvl up experiance.
and so dota map was made in sc2 before the beta ended...

maynard
06-25-2010, 04:16 PM
yes I know what dota is, I just don't fully understand why you would give 2 shits if 1 map/ums is coming 2 the game or not lol.

Tailsy
06-25-2010, 04:38 PM
I havent played the first once since 1998, I hope the grafics have change alot since then because if i remember had great quality back then and now days most people wouldnt agree with that. hope it comes out soon :3

maynard
06-25-2010, 07:15 PM
I havent played the first once since 1998, I hope the grafics have change alot since then because if i remember had great quality back then and now days most people wouldnt agree with that. hope it comes out soon :3

ya the graphics are quite sexy now. there's also like cool death animations and blood n shit. you can also zoom in and watch the battle close up.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/starcraft-2/1101594p1.html

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/ktown4life1337/scair.jpg

mcilwain
06-27-2010, 11:32 PM
So if they like sc2 wont make a plane that looks like a drop ship...

maynard
06-27-2010, 11:38 PM
So if they like sc2 wont make a plane that looks like a drop ship...

no 1 has supported SC like korea.

mcilwain
06-28-2010, 01:42 AM
Screw that, i would take a page of a sc2 marine and slap it on my car or paint it on.
Sc2 is Friggan awesome.

maynard
06-28-2010, 01:50 AM
Screw that, i would take a page of a sc2 marine and slap it on my car or paint it on.
Sc2 is Friggan awesome.

.........:pics::wtg:

I LIKE TURTLES
06-28-2010, 07:58 AM
.........:pics::wtg:

LOL...
I mean, im 1000000% for sc2...
but lets get real here... an sc2 sticker for your car?

R
O
F
L

Tailsy
07-01-2010, 05:20 AM
Has it came out yet been waiting years now since 1998 when first starcraft came out 2D :3

maynard
07-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Has it came out yet been waiting years now since 1998 when first starcraft came out 2D :3

it's released on the 27'th

I LIKE TURTLES
07-07-2010, 10:45 PM
it's released on the 27'th

2nd beta is up and running :wtg:

maynard
07-07-2010, 11:39 PM
2nd beta is up and running :wtg:

ya I know... my fucking bilzzard account has been hacked apparently. keeps asking me for a authenticator code, and I read on the forums that basically means my account is screwed... so I just sent them a Email and guess ill have 2 call them tomorrow and get it sorted out... kinda pissed off I can't play beta tonight...

this is fucking horse shit! ive been calling there customer service number for the past 4 hours and it just keeps saying the que is full and I need 2 call back... what kinda fucking company even has a cap on there que? that's just retarded.... I can see this is going 2 be a pain in the ass and probably take god only know how long 2 clear up... not impressed....

ahhh great! now I check wow armory 2 find some asshole is on my wow account right now playing my characters.... this is gay!!!!!!!!

ZERO
07-08-2010, 06:28 PM
I still love the old requirements:

Windows 95/98/NT
Pentium 90 MHz (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hertz) processor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_processing_unit) or higher

Mac OS with PowerMac 120Mhz or higher :violin:

80 MB of disk space :smirk:

mastercheff
07-09-2010, 06:41 AM
I still love the old requirements:

Windows 95/98/NT
Pentium 90 MHz (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hertz) processor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_processing_unit) or higher

Mac OS with PowerMac 120Mhz or higher :violin:

80 MB of disk space :smirk:

It's so easy even a mac can do it.

maynard
07-09-2010, 06:25 PM
It's so easy even a mac can do it.

fuck macs.

mastercheff
07-18-2010, 08:06 AM
fuck macs.

ikr? I might be getting this even though I've never even played the original. It looks fun at least.

Tailsy
07-18-2010, 12:43 PM
I probably should pre-order it awhile ago because its like $59.99 then taxs took another 6 didnt know gonna be buying my most expensive game other then well acually think that it mostly my game console costs more but ya lol

maynard
07-18-2010, 07:34 PM
ikr? I might be getting this even though I've never even played the original. It looks fun at least.

you don't need 2 have played the original. will take you longer 2 figure shit out, but I can help ya with that if ya wanted. it's an amazing game... quite happy I got my bnet account back from that asshole hacker...

mastercheff
07-18-2010, 07:36 PM
you don't need 2 have played the original. will take you longer 2 figure shit out, but I can help ya with that if ya wanted. it's an amazing game... quite happy I got my bnet account back from that asshole hacker...

Ah thanks. I hope this will be more epic than those horrible flash rts games.

**edit due to me being completely new to starcraft i really don't know what race is best for me, but i mainly am like a person who wants either brute force or ninja assaults if that helps you recommend me any race**

maynard
07-18-2010, 07:48 PM
trust me man, it's epic lol.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r7d5XheWiBk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r7d5XheWiBk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

mastercheff
07-18-2010, 07:54 PM
trust me man, it's epic lol.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r7d5XheWiBk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r7d5XheWiBk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Damn.........yup I am definitely getting this....

acolyte_to_jippity
07-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Damn.........yup I am definitely getting this....

as far as the three races, terran play the most conventionally. the protoss need the psy network to build, and pylons for power. the zerg require creep to build on, and also spawn units from larva (generated at your base) while terrans are the most normal.

Nemesis
07-18-2010, 11:59 PM
zerg are a power in numbers race, fast build but weak, especially alone. Protoss has expecive, time consuming, but powerful units, and terran are a balance of the two.

maynard
07-19-2010, 12:29 AM
I like how all these ppl who haven't even played SC2 are trying 2 explain it 2 ppl lol....

the game has been drastically changed, and improved. I suggest playing it, or reading up on it before trying 2 tell ppl what the game is, or how it's played. the dynamics from the original don't apply in SC2, due 2 new units, and diff timing for construction now... toss is not a slow race anymore, infact with there boost, which allows them 2 make 2 probes in the time 1 builds roughly, they're actually quite fast.

also, zerg rushes can be easily countered now, un-like the past. like I said, the games been drastically changed, and all for the better.

mastercheff
07-19-2010, 05:42 AM
I like how all these ppl who haven't even played SC2 are trying 2 explain it 2 ppl lol....

the game has been drastically changed, and improved. I suggest playing it, or reading up on it before trying 2 tell ppl what the game is, or how it's played. the dynamics from the original don't apply in SC2, due 2 new units, and diff timing for construction now... toss is not a slow race anymore, infact with there boost, which allows them 2 make 2 probes in the time 1 builds roughly, they're actually quite fast.

also, zerg rushes can be easily countered now, un-like the past. like I said, the games been drastically changed, and all for the better.

Yea on youtube I saw a guy do a 400 zerg rush at a cpu, it was hilarious.

maynard
07-19-2010, 08:18 PM
in standard league play 200 is the cap. but if you made 200 lings you would have 400 of them cause you get 2 for 1.

fuck sakes, they closed the beta again

JigSaW
07-20-2010, 12:28 AM
well they gave me a beta key and then 8 hours later closed the beta.

what the fuck blizzard. what the fuck

maynard
07-20-2010, 12:34 AM
well they gave me a beta key and then 8 hours later closed the beta.

what the fuck blizzard. what the fuck

lmfao, that's kinda funny cause I was reading a buncha peoples comments that basically were in your exact same situation... not sure why they were giving keys out on the day they closed the beta...

mastercheff
07-20-2010, 01:04 PM
I was thinking of trying my luck to get a beta key BUT.....battle,net is down for maintainence....DAMN.

maynard
07-20-2010, 01:44 PM
I was thinking of trying my luck to get a beta key BUT.....battle,net is down for maintainence....DAMN.

the beta is over. the game comes out this month on the 27'th

mastercheff
07-20-2010, 01:48 PM
the beta is over. the game comes out this month on the 27'th

Oh.....well that means only a week from today we'll get to buy it. I completely didn't know about the beta being over though.

ZERO
07-21-2010, 04:16 PM
as far as the three races, terran play the most conventionally. the protoss need the psy network to build, and pylons for power. the zerg require creep to build on, and also spawn units from larva (generated at your base) while terrans are the most normal.

Still though if it is anything like the original terran will still require the highest AMP to play.

maynard
07-21-2010, 05:58 PM
creep is also generated by overlords now and queens^^ and with the queen you don't need 2 build multiple bases just so you can have a decent amount of larva 2 work with. there's so much they did diff 2 this game 2 make it better then the original.... I am so excited for it 2 release:icon_mrgreen:

I'm also always up for doing 2v2's so hit me up when it launches if you wana play, I don't care if you're new and need 2 figure shit out, I don't mind helping. (this goes for every 1)

mastercheff
07-22-2010, 08:42 AM
I can get the game in august so yea. I've seen alot of those "hdstarcraft" match videoson youtube. So I think I won't be playing that blindly when I first get the game started up.

maynard
07-22-2010, 04:52 PM
I can get the game in august so yea. I've seen alot of those "hdstarcraft" match videoson youtube. So I think I won't be playing that blindly when I first get the game started up.

watch the SC2 battle reports. 1 they're hella funny cause they're narrated like a sports game 2 they explain lots.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ruGonoCrql4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ruGonoCrql4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/curh_RHtKN8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/curh_RHtKN8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ET66sSGSMkE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ET66sSGSMkE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

mastercheff
07-22-2010, 06:01 PM
watch the SC2 battle reports. 1 they're hella funny cause they're narrated like a sports game 2 they explain lots.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ruGonoCrql4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ruGonoCrql4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/curh_RHtKN8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/curh_RHtKN8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ET66sSGSMkE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ET66sSGSMkE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ooohhh these are soaked with info, thanks maynard.

maynard
07-25-2010, 06:42 PM
I just upgraded 2 the SC2 collectors edittion pre-order which includes
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/starcraft-2-wings-of-liberty-collectors-edition-box-artwork.jpg
* The Art of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, a 176-page book featuring artwork from the game
* An exclusive 2GB USB flash drive replica of Jim Raynor's dog tag, which comes preloaded with the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War(R) expansion set
* A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, cinematics with director's commentary, and more
* The official StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty soundtrack CD, containing 14 epic tracks from the game along with exclusive bonus tracks
* StarCraft comic book issue #0, a prequel to the comic series
* A World of Warcraft(R) mini Thor in-game pet that can be applied to all World of Warcraft characters on a single Battle.net account
* Exclusive Battle.net downloadable content, including special portraits for your Battle.net profile, decals to customize your units in-game, and a visually unique version of the terran Thor unit

also lots of stores are doing midnight releases tonight, check your local stores. more info here http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/events/starcraft2-fountainvalley.html

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o7HOn96muDs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o7HOn96muDs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

JigSaW
07-27-2010, 12:00 AM
ill be on tommarow if anyone wants to game shoot me a message on steam

DeadEyeDeNNi$
07-27-2010, 01:13 PM
I just upgraded 2 the SC2 collectors edittion pre-order which includes
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/starcraft-2-wings-of-liberty-collectors-edition-box-artwork.jpg
* The Art of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, a 176-page book featuring artwork from the game
* An exclusive 2GB USB flash drive replica of Jim Raynor's dog tag, which comes preloaded with the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War(R) expansion set
* A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, cinematics with director's commentary, and more
* The official StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty soundtrack CD, containing 14 epic tracks from the game along with exclusive bonus tracks
* StarCraft comic book issue #0, a prequel to the comic series
* A World of Warcraft(R) mini Thor in-game pet that can be applied to all World of Warcraft characters on a single Battle.net account
* Exclusive Battle.net downloadable content, including special portraits for your Battle.net profile, decals to customize your units in-game, and a visually unique version of the terran Thor unit

also lots of stores are doing midnight releases tonight, check your local stores. more info here http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/events/starcraft2-fountainvalley.html

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o7HOn96muDs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o7HOn96muDs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

MAN, are those Collector editions hard to come by! People are already selling them on Ebay for more than the original selling price...

I got lucky and found two copies available from Gamestop online and they won't let you order more than two so I did. If oyu wanna get in on the collectors edition I'd say jump on Gamestop site ASAP b4 they are out cuz the local stores are all reserved...

Will see u guys online as soon as mine arrives.

PROTOSS FTW !!!

PS~~I'll be playing under my old SC name which is MOLIDAR so the old crew and clan (JFA - Justice for All) if they are still around will recognize me.

Does anyone know if I can convert some of the SC-1/BW maps I've made to the new game?

maynard
07-27-2010, 03:05 PM
I beleive the maps need 2 be re-done in the sc2 format. but all the classic maps are being re-made, so it's no biggie.

the collectors edition was harsh worth it, the art book alone made it worth it. and yeah, they're a bitch 2 get, when I finally found 1 in town it was the like of 2 in the entire city lol. they released a really limited amount of collectors additions... glad I got 1, as will you be ^^

KɅΞW
07-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Got it at midnight, went home, played it for 13 hours straight, finished the campaign...and it was very satisfying :icon_mrgreen:

Blizz does not disappoint when it comes to the game story line, cinematic, humor, and the game play of course. The game is worth every penny :wtg:

maynard
07-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Got it at midnight, went home, played it for 13 hours straight, finished the campaign...and it was very satisfying :icon_mrgreen:

Blizz does not disappoint when it comes to the game story line, cinematic, humor, and the game play of course. The game is worth every penny :wtg:

what difficulty setting were you on?

KɅΞW
07-27-2010, 05:18 PM
I played on casual because I really want to know the storyline. There are 26 missions and I blitz through most of them, but I took my time on some plus a few smoke breaks lol

DeadEyeDeNNi$
07-27-2010, 08:28 PM
I played on casual because I really want to know the storyline. There are 26 missions and I blitz through most of them, but I took my time on some plus a few smoke breaks lol

W E A K

JK,,, Glad U enjoyed it. I can't wait !

And Maynard, I was asking about the maps that "I MADE" not the Blizz maps. I'm hoping that there's a conversion tool in the new mapping system that allows me to convert "MY" maps to the new program as I have made some pretty decent maps back then that took a lot of time and would like to play/share with you guys/gals.

:wtg:

maynard
07-27-2010, 09:30 PM
nahh I'm pretty sure you will have 2 remake your maps... but let me say.... this campaign on starcraft 2 is just fucking out of this world.... I'm speachless with how much awesome there is at my finger tips while I play... now... I must get back 2 SC2 ^^

mastercheff
07-28-2010, 10:45 AM
I went to wal-mart today and I saw my wal-mart had only 2 copies of sc2 left but that same day my parents had to buy me school clothes. The boxart was beautiful although it was liike sc2 was teasing me saying "YOU'LL NEVER GET TO PLAY MEEEEEEE".

maynard
07-28-2010, 12:14 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C_E83GfWM-A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C_E83GfWM-A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

DeadEyeDeNNi$
07-28-2010, 04:21 PM
I went to wal-mart today and I saw my wal-mart had only 2 copies of sc2 left but that same day my parents had to buy me school clothes. The boxart was beautiful although it was liike sc2 was teasing me saying "YOU'LL NEVER GET TO PLAY MEEEEEEE".

I'm sure that you'll find a way!

:smirk:

KɅΞW
07-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Wow, that's one hell of an awesome trailer!

Btw, is it just me or does Kerrigan look a bit like Kirsten Dunst?

maynard
07-29-2010, 05:37 AM
some cool pics I took during the campaign (not that far in yet)

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/ktown4life1337/toss1.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/ktown4life1337/tycus.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/ktown4life1337/zerg7.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/ktown4life1337/raynor.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/ktown4life1337/ker1.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/ktown4life1337/crazy.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/ktown4life1337/marine.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/ktown4life1337/ker.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/ktown4life1337/drunkraynor.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/ktown4life1337/bug.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/ktown4life1337/drinker.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/ktown4life1337/ship.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/ktown4life1337/attack1.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/ktown4life1337/cool.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/ktown4life1337/eyes.jpg

anex
07-29-2010, 04:24 PM
I must know... how is the campaign editor?

KɅΞW
07-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Maynard, you cruel bastid! You picked Heaven's Fall didn't you? :icon_cry:

Btw, since you posted some screenshots, I will go this one!
:attention: WARNING!!! It might spoil the end of the campaign
Click if you don't care lol
(http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r64/partydude1337/Screenshot2010-07-2917_25_53.jpg)

maynard
07-29-2010, 05:37 PM
Maynard, you cruel bastid! You picked Heaven's Fall didn't you? :icon_cry:

lmfao... yup.

DeadEyeDeNNi$
07-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Is it just me or does that guy on the TV look like Steve Corel fom that Jim Carey movie as a newscaster???

lastgamer
07-29-2010, 09:47 PM
add me to play together too

maynard
07-30-2010, 03:40 AM
finished the campaign... can't wait for the zerg and toss campaign's now lol...

lastgamer
07-30-2010, 04:27 AM
maynard add me. my name is LIKEABOSS

maynard
07-30-2010, 04:34 AM
maynard add me. my name is LIKEABOSS

need your code, which you can see if you hover over your portrait.

lastgamer
07-30-2010, 04:55 AM
oh 941

DeadEyeDeNNi$
07-30-2010, 11:18 PM
need your code, which you can see if you hover over your portrait.

Mine is

714 + Character name is MoLiDaR

edit-Added lastgamer,,,, Maynard, what's your character name + code?

lastgamer
07-31-2010, 12:39 AM
whats your in game name dennis

DeadEyeDeNNi$
07-31-2010, 01:23 AM
whats your in game name dennis

scroll up and read edit

maynard
07-31-2010, 02:43 AM
maynard 875

lastgamer
07-31-2010, 03:32 AM
ok i added you two already :wtg::wtg:

JigSaW
08-04-2010, 01:09 AM
http://sc2sig.com/s/us/759521-1.png (http://sc2sig.com)

Take notes boys, diamond pro here

lastgamer
08-04-2010, 03:38 AM
:wtg::wtg: grats on diamond.. :smirk::smirk: i just reached diamond too :pistols::pistols:

maynard
08-04-2010, 07:09 PM
wow, I'm surprised you can get into diamond with a 60% win average, not trying 2 insult either of you, grats on your league.... I just assumed diamond league would have higher standards.

blizzard said they would be releasing a "pro league", not sure if it's up and happening yet or not, but it will be sweet when it does, will be for the best of the best.

also some awesome information....

StarCraft StarCraft® II: Biggest PC Game Launch of 2010!

We're pleased to announce that within one day of being on sale, StarCraft® II sold more than 1 million copies worldwide, making it the bestselling PC game of 2010 in under 24 hours of availability. By the end of the 2nd day, it had sold a total of 1.5 million copies worldwi...de, setting the record for fastest-selling strategy game of all time. We want to thank everyone who turned out for the midnight launch events around the world, and everyone else who has already picked up or downloaded a copy of the game, for making StarCraft II the biggest PC game launch of the year.

Spasm
08-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Just got this game like 2 days ago, needing some tips, if any of u good guys got any, and what the fuck is with the game being so zoomed in, so frustrating.

maynard
08-31-2010, 12:42 PM
Just got this game like 2 days ago, needing some tips, if any of u good guys got any, and what the fuck is with the game being so zoomed in, so frustrating.

zoom out with the wheel on your mouse? and add maynard 875 ill be on tonight if you wana play some games. if you come on the ibis vent while we play I can teach and show ya some things real easy. just hit me up on steam.

Spasm
08-31-2010, 04:52 PM
zoom out with the wheel on your mouse? and add maynard 875 ill be on tonight if you wana play some games. if you come on the ibis vent while we play I can teach and show ya some things real easy. just hit me up on steam.
Ya I know about.the wheel but I have.played some other rts and you can zoom out a lot.farther.

maynard
08-31-2010, 05:06 PM
Ya I know about.the wheel but I have.played some other rts and you can zoom out a lot.farther.

ya, there's no massive birds eye view bull shit. you actually have 2 micro in SC

Jeimuzu
09-05-2010, 11:28 PM
Alright, I'm good at Wc3 but that's about the extent of my knowledge involving SC.. Maynard I'm leaving it up to you to create the most difficult training course for me possible when I get the game.

Tickle Me Emo
09-06-2010, 01:20 AM
Takran 344 if anyone wants to add me. I'm a mediocre league player and frequent custom game player (Parasite ftw).

James: Oh you are in for a treat. WC3 is nothing to prepare you for the deliciousness that is Starcraft. Also, the horrible, horrible defeats. :reddot:

Spasm
09-06-2010, 06:31 PM
I added you emo, maynard. I think I added dennis I am not sure. I currently suck pretty bad and I am in silver, but it constantly puts me up agaisnt gold players for some damn reason. I guess my char code is 229 ID: Spasm, if anyone wants to add me.

mcilwain
09-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Add me, Cplhudson 593, i will play it more often soon, but im sharing it with my brother.

ZERO
09-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Ask jig for training he is ranked like 62 in 2v2 or something crazy link that (yea on earth)

Jeimuzu
09-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Ask jig for training he is ranked like 62 in 2v2 or something crazy link that (yea on earth)

Sounds good.

maynard
09-07-2010, 04:51 PM

there is no top ranking for 2v2, there's a top 200(on earth) for 1v1's.

other then that, it's just devision ranking, which there's like thousands of per league.

I don't really care who helps ya james, just wana see you start playing though lol, ive been harsh slacking on SC2, will prob get back into it when you get it... played it so much through the beta that after I beat the campaign I was kinda burnt out.

Jeimuzu
09-07-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm sure I'll be playing it a bit with everyone.

I know one guy said it's a lot different from WC3, but hell, I STILL play and enjoy that game every other day or so. If SC2 is better than that..

Nemesis
09-08-2010, 01:37 PM
i always have a hard time deciding what to do. and when i'm attacking i always forget to build stuff, maybe i just don't pay attention to the game as much as an FPS.

maynard
09-08-2010, 03:17 PM
i always have a hard time deciding what to do. and when i'm attacking i always forget to build stuff, maybe i just don't pay attention to the game as much as an FPS.

RTS is far more complex then a FPS.

mcilwain
09-08-2010, 03:57 PM
too complex lol.

I havn't even made a build order yet.

Tickle Me Emo
09-08-2010, 05:00 PM

I recommend hot keying your primary troop production buildings, so that while monitoring an attack group you can select the production buildings and queue up some units, then go back to your battle micro, without ever looking at your base. Maintaining production of offensive units is extremely important, especially if you attack and have your entire army wiped out - having half an army already built in your base is crucial in stopping an enemy counter-attack (or, if you know you've weakened them sufficiently, allows you to push another attack for the win).

And yes, you have to focus in Starcraft if you want to do well. It's a rather fast-paced game.

mcilwain
09-08-2010, 05:04 PM
most of the time i get raped by ling rushes, and void ray rushes lol.

lastgamer
09-08-2010, 08:43 PM
i've not been playing much sc2.. but if u guys want to play, i will be more than happy to join u guys:icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:

Jeimuzu
09-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Lmao.. 4 hours Solar and Tentoes are annoyed by how well I can macro.. Wc3 FTW.

maynard
09-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Lmao.. 4 hours Solar and Tentoes are annoyed by how well I can macro.. Wc3 FTW.

you did pretty good for your first day, better than most.

Hitman
09-09-2010, 12:35 AM
Sc2 ftw....cant play internet tho....fucking bootleg

Spasm
09-09-2010, 04:00 AM
im really new james if u wanna play a game or 2 sometime. It like my 2nd week or so.

mcilwain
09-09-2010, 03:56 PM
anyone still play SC:BW these days
?

maynard
09-09-2010, 03:58 PM
anyone still play SC:BW these days
?

no point if you have SC2

that would be like playing diablo over diablo 2 lol

mcilwain
09-09-2010, 04:08 PM
lol doesn't matter i still do melee in BW sometimes.

maynard
09-09-2010, 04:19 PM
lol doesn't matter i still do melee in BW sometimes.

.... but why?

mcilwain
09-09-2010, 05:00 PM
cuz i just do, i enjoy playing the old games a little bit.

ZERO
09-10-2010, 12:52 AM
Also be sure to watch all the Gom games so you know what the pros are doing. :wtg:

maynard
09-10-2010, 02:42 AM
Also be sure to watch all the Gom games so you know what the pros are doing. :wtg:

It's all about LiquidTLO

mastercheff
09-10-2010, 04:06 PM
It's all about LiquidTLO

may the rage begin with idra!

Spasm
09-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Just started playing zerg somewhat, and they are rather easy to win with. If your able to tech to corrupters + lords its pretty much gg. Mutalisks are pretty good in numbers too. I normally play toss but damn zerg is pretty good. Also just started the campaign and I am impressed.

mcilwain
09-11-2010, 07:34 PM
cant wait to stick void rays up your bases.

Nemesis
09-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Just started playing zerg somewhat, and they are rather easy to win with. If your able to tech to corrupters + lords its pretty much gg. Mutalisks are pretty good in numbers too. I normally play toss but damn zerg is pretty good. Also just started the campaign and I am impressed.

well there's at least one person i can beat.

i've found walling in with terran stops any rush pretty well, then just mass up some muradures and medivacs and drop them in the production line. can usually mass up an army before i ahve to worry about any air, if soi jsut grab some vikings or thors.

mcilwain
09-18-2010, 01:13 PM
PKzcihHNjZc

haha...

maynard
09-18-2010, 02:21 PM
lmfao...

mastercheff
09-27-2010, 03:21 PM
I bought sc2! Gimme your names in sc2 so I can add you.

maynard
09-27-2010, 09:05 PM
I bought sc2! Gimme your names in sc2 so I can add you.

just go back pages, every has pretty much posted there info on this thread.

ZERO
09-29-2010, 10:35 PM
I am finally playing though the campaign.

maynard
09-29-2010, 11:43 PM
I am finally playing though the campaign.

the campaign is fucking awesome! I was so surprised how well they did it.

mcilwain
10-01-2010, 05:44 PM
I already beated the campaign..

But the question is... How will the next expansion of zerg still work?

mastercheff
10-02-2010, 07:27 AM
I just beat 2 of my pratice league games in a row. It feels like I'm on top of the world! It's such a wonderful feeling.

Spasm
10-02-2010, 11:30 AM
I already beated the campaign..

But the question is... How will the next expansion of zerg still work?

My guess is you play as kerrigan. She still looks like she still had some zerg parts (hair for one). I am guessing you play as her as she slowly regains control of the zerg. So you slowly gain more units and what not as you prepare for the dark voice.

maynard
10-02-2010, 02:57 PM
what spasm said, it's like alternate history. when you play as zerg, the zerg will infact win, same with when toss comes out.

Hitman
10-05-2010, 10:45 PM
This will be very interesting....gotta start playing online

redneckblade
10-12-2010, 04:38 PM
i love starcraft its amazing because whenever i need a strategy game i play it and im in diamond league hook me up by sending me a message to add you

Spasm
11-10-2010, 06:41 AM
I am now gold in 1s,2s,3s and plat in 4s, rank 1 in my gold division (1s) with a massive point lead over 2nd, i think im sitting at like 1700 and the next is like 1380 or so, no idea why its not advancing me to platinum, also with a 105-83 W-L ratio. Playing as zerg now, I like the playstyle of zerg over toss or terran.

Link
11-10-2010, 08:15 PM
I love Starcraft 2. I have only been playing multiplayer, for the most part. We should play together. :P

wickedtribe
11-12-2010, 08:09 AM
I am now gold in 1s,2s,3s and plat in 4s, rank 1 in my gold division (1s) with a massive point lead over 2nd, i think im sitting at like 1700 and the next is like 1380 or so, no idea why its not advancing me to platinum, also with a 105-83 W-L ratio. Playing as zerg now, I like the playstyle of zerg over toss or terran.

You will be advanced after the league (calculator?) determines that you are good enough... When I first started playing I had no real experience with RTS but as I picked up on it I like to think im good now, I started as a bronze (Lost 4 placement matches) but now I'm at 733(w)/349(L) diamond, i havnt checked it a while but i think im like somewhere between 1,500-1,700 diamond.

Anyways I am a zerg/toss player... never got into terran... and I only became good at zerg after watching alot of fruitdealer's games (Best zerg in the world, most view as best in the world period.)

And the whole placement thing is relative to who you are able to beat and who can beat you, You can spend all day beating your league left and right, but if it says opponent favored or w/e that is and you lose, you will never advance.

But I went from Silver to gold to platinum really quickly in 1s but I was lucky and was matched up with about 10 "favored" opponents back to back.

maynard
11-12-2010, 03:56 PM
they totally fucked SC2 over.. the game it's self is fine, but the ranking system for mutli play is pathetic... any noob can get 2 diamond if they play enough games and have a 52% win average or up.... pisses me right off... that's why I don't really play it anymore.

mastercheff
11-13-2010, 03:31 PM
The beginner maps just encourage the other 2 races to turtle hard while ZERG is stuck rushing to early agression with mutas.

-=NYS=- C.O.
11-13-2010, 05:31 PM
I heard a rumor that Starcraft 2 turns you into homosexual zombies.

Jeimuzu
11-13-2010, 10:53 PM

*Grabs shotgun* Someone say zombies?

-=NYS=- C.O.
11-14-2010, 01:45 AM
*Grabs shotgun* Someone say zombies?

Yah !! inthebutt just turned into one too. Run !!

maynard
11-14-2010, 05:25 AM

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/ktown4life1337/Tommy-Lee-Jones-No-country-Old-Men.jpg

mastercheff
11-14-2010, 07:27 AM
Oh lulz

http://www.ageandanniesramblings.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/its-a-trap.jpg

wickedtribe
11-18-2010, 08:02 AM
they totally fucked SC2 over.. the game it's self is fine, but the ranking system for mutli play is pathetic... any noob can get 2 diamond if they play enough games and have a 52% win average or up.... pisses me right off... that's why I don't really play it anymore.

the system for multi is fine, its just that noob strategies work... I mean hell, I just got my ass kicked because all a guy did was produce banshees and vikings and when he engaged me hed just kill my overseer and used that stealth to win. (The guy had about 20 banshees).

Theres no way they can create a ranking system where its based on how well you do in game aside.... they cant go oh your apm is low so no rank up.

maynard
11-18-2010, 04:04 PM
they could have easily set the bar for getting into diamond and plat higher. as I said you only need 2 win 52% of your games on average and if you keep playing you will end up in diamond, that's pathetic. if you're going 2 be in the best league you should have a decent average. and they could easily have made that possible by upping the % ratio needed for moving up.

ZERO
11-19-2010, 01:35 AM
Actually back in sc1 win ratios for pros were lower than that. If anything it should follow an ELO formula.

As for noob starts logically they will work against people that do not know how to counter them. This is why intel is so important in sc and sc2. Normally you should scout and know he is going banshee and then defend accordingly. Even if you lose obs you can just hold with cannons as they will detect cloak. Then just build up b/c that build prevents them from building up as they waste a ton of resources on it. Effective counters like going storm would work well against big clumps like that even if you do not have detection.

Basically if you see them going mass banchee your best bet is blink stalker with obs and you just won the game.

maynard
11-19-2010, 01:54 AM
I'm interested 2 see how many copies of the next campaign sell compared 2 the overall game.

Spasm
11-19-2010, 02:00 PM
I am now plat in 3 out of 4 of my leagues, all of them except for 2s. like 125-87 record in 1s

wickedtribe
11-22-2010, 10:31 PM
The rate of people flocking to SC2 as its huge on the pro gaming world, and is growing even more, I'm willing to bet the launch for Heart of the Swarm will sell more copies day one than Wings of Liberty did.

maynard
11-23-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm willing to bet the launch for Heart of the Swarm will sell more copies day one than Wings of Liberty did.

id take ya on that bet.:smirk:

Spasm
11-23-2010, 07:35 PM
I've been playing all the mods for the game as of late, having tons of fun, maynard, I want to play you :)

mastercheff
11-29-2010, 06:34 PM
Ladies and gentlemen I present you

"Star Battle"

bBbVqR3Euf4

To find this just go the custom games sections, it's next to roach snake and raynor's party. The main objective is to destroy the enemy mother ship or planetary fortress. So far I main as battle cruiser. I think destroyer is pretty similar to battle cruiser but meh. The classes in it are battle cruiser, carrier,destroyer, and leviathan. If you haven't add me Jeruz, 821.