PDA

View Full Version : Server GG ranks resetting?

[UA] Mos Def
03-07-2010, 05:06 AM
I am so confused as to why the ranks keep getting reset for everyone in GG. I know rank doesn't mean that much, but I have a personal goal to get in the top ten in GG and it is really really really frustrating me when I make it to the 12th spot and then my rank gets reset to like 3000 something......Can anyone at least tell me why this happens and if something can be done to avoid it......

Mos

Spasm
03-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Totally Random from what I can tell, at least you didn't hit rank 1 and it get reset the very next map LOL

ZERO
03-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Did this happen over night b/c I went into the server for a rape fest and improved my rank by double.

[UA] Mos Def
03-07-2010, 04:38 PM
As far as I can tell it seems to be totally random. Sometimes it happens over night and other times it just randomly happens from one map to the next during play. For example yesterday I was playing around 11pm and my rank was around 70 then for seemingly no reason the very next map I was at 3000. I am just really confused by this. I hear people in GG server complaining (talking about) this a lot. It is just really frustrating. For us regulars it isn't too hard to get the rank back down again after a reset, but it is really starting to become an irritant after having to work back from 3000 time and time again.....I wish we knew what was causing this instability.......

StarsMine
03-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Did this happen over night b/c I went into the server for a rape fest and improved my rank by double.

As far as I can tell its random I have had it happen to me 3 times for no reason. it wasnt even everyone on the server at that time either.

Fireye
03-07-2010, 06:47 PM
This has been happening for ages. At (seemingly) random intervals, people will have their rank reset. It's been happening since when I stated playing on the server, mid last year. It happens to one person, not all players, or all players online at a certain time.

lastgamer
03-07-2010, 09:35 PM
well im used to the rank reset thing already. So im aiming for higher rank in the total wins ranking. :headache::headache:

I LIKE TURTLES
03-08-2010, 12:32 PM
i've only had my rank reset once.... completely random..
aside from that, i've cemented myself in the #1 spot for probably the last 129839012390 years :)

PEW PEW PEW

Spasm
03-08-2010, 01:19 PM
i've only had my rank reset once.... completely random..
aside from that, i've cemented myself in the #1 spot for probably the last 129839012390 years :)

PEW PEW PEW

passed u prob like 15 times hoe :D, I just play though unlike u

I LIKE TURTLES
03-08-2010, 01:33 PM
passed u prob like 15 times hoe :D, I just play though unlike u

you are 400 wins behind me cutie pie :P
I like to play when i'm ever passed... that hasn't happened in a long time... so as my skill drops from inactivity, you should see me in the server bumping it back up =D

whats your ingame name?
next time i see u in there ill connect.

Spasm
03-08-2010, 02:13 PM
I like to play when i'm ever passed... that hasn't happened in a long time... so as my skill drops from inactivity, you should see me in the server bumping it back up =D

whats your ingame name?

not talkin about GG wins, yea u do got me there, I passed u a few times when ur skill was 20500. Now ur alot lower I know its easier now. I hit 21k skill about a month or so ago cant rem.

StarsMine
03-08-2010, 04:51 PM

whats your ingame name?

I often see Spasm pass you but it might last for a day or so and it get reset.

Spasm
03-08-2010, 07:51 PM
I often see Spasm pass you but it might last for a day or so and it get reset.

It is very hard to maintain a skill above 19000 if you play regularly. I play a few hrs everyday so my skill goes everywhere. I usually could careless about my "skill" It is fun to win like 5 in a row and hit almost 20k skill, but all you gota do is lose like 1 maybe 2 maps and ur back down below 18000 again, thats why its so hard to maintain, it literally takes a great streak of winning to get high skill. Where as turtles basically quit playing altogether and his skill stays up there, just because hes inactive. I could login play agaisnt some shitty ppl win like 5 or 6 in a row and sit at 20k skill too, isn't like its hard. Then just don't play at all.

I LIKE TURTLES
03-09-2010, 11:30 AM
It is very hard to maintain a skill above 19000 if you play regularly. I play a few hrs everyday so my skill goes everywhere. I usually could careless about my "skill" It is fun to win like 5 in a row and hit almost 20k skill, but all you gota do is lose like 1 maybe 2 maps and ur back down below 18000 again, thats why its so hard to maintain, it literally takes a great streak of winning to get high skill. Where as turtles basically quit playing altogether and his skill stays up there, just because hes inactive. I could login play agaisnt some shitty ppl win like 5 or 6 in a row and sit at 20k skill too, isn't like its hard. Then just don't play at all.

When i played consistently, I was always 1... so it's not like I'm only up there due to inactivity. You can look at any of my old posts. They always talk shit about me looking down from the top :)

*edit*
i no longer have the patience to spend hours in normal gungame. hence why i have been inactive for a bit. i will however pop my head in once in a while.

THE HOLY SH**T!
03-09-2010, 06:05 PM
When i played consistently, I was always 1... so it's not like I'm only up there due to inactivity. You can look at any of my old posts. They always talk shit about me looking down from the top :)

*edit*
i no longer have the patience to spend hours in normal gungame. hence why i have been inactive for a bit. i will however pop my head in once in a while.

then ill ban you for hacking.

ZERO
03-10-2010, 12:46 AM
Actually this is why I would like to add a gg deathmatch server later this year.

StarsMine
03-10-2010, 06:47 AM
Actually this is why I would like to add a gg deathmatch server later this year.

Sounds fun :)

I LIKE TURTLES
03-10-2010, 09:49 AM

I think this would re-light the fire that is our long lost love relationship zero...

DeadEyeDeNNi$
03-10-2010, 12:36 PM

Y E S ! ! ! ! ! ! !

:wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg:

acolyte_to_jippity
03-10-2010, 01:00 PM
dm is the one where you respawn instantly right?

that'll encourage spawncamping

StarsMine
03-10-2010, 03:17 PM

I thought it was the one where you spawn after your killer got killed.

Spasm
03-10-2010, 04:46 PM
GG deathmatch is fun but tiring :D Wish we played together more turtle, def like some challenge in my GG

acolyte_to_jippity
03-10-2010, 05:01 PM
I thought it was the one where you spawn after your killer got killed.

no clue. never played deathmatch.

I LIKE TURTLES
03-15-2010, 08:55 AM
im not usually on thurs-sun mid day spasm. but im down to play whenever.

Spasm
03-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Hey turtle I past you :)

mastercheff
03-18-2010, 03:43 PM

One deathmatch i was in there were constantly alliances and people with scores of 500

Heavytabbs
04-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Well I thought I was a little bit of competition for you, but if you think not... I haven't seen you on GG in awhile, you should pop in.

On another note, its not necessarily the rank that annoys me its when my !rank reset... what's with that? I have over 200 wins on my IBIS stats page, but when I type !rank in the game it says I only have like 60. Not cool, especially when I was trying to catch up to people like Nissan who has what like 1000? lol, whatever play on...

ZERO
04-07-2010, 05:07 PM
The rank in the gg server for !rank is deleted if you do not play on the server for 30 days. The psychostats rank removes you after x days of inactivity but restores your wins if you ever return.

Heavytabbs
04-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Well that would make perfect sense. I had to send my computer off for about a month awhile ago so I guess I must have been a casualty of that 30 reset. No big deal, but thanks for the clarification Zero.