PDA

View Full Version : Suiciding

DrTran
03-13-2010, 12:54 AM
The kill command was disabled in the previous version of zombie mod but the new version seems to allow it. So is it okay for humans to slay themselves to avoiding being turned into a zombie?

StarsMine
03-13-2010, 12:56 AM
You know it is there loss, they will end up just sitting around the whole rest of the round with a -1, 1 K/D.

Id rather be a zombie and try to get a few people

acolyte_to_jippity
03-13-2010, 01:00 AM
you still can't kill yourself as a zombie though

StarsMine
03-13-2010, 01:07 AM
you still can't kill yourself as a zombie though

Jumper + helicopter.
Thats all thats to it.
God damn helicopters >.<

acolyte_to_jippity
03-13-2010, 01:23 AM
Jumper + helicopter.
Thats all thats to it.
God damn helicopters >.<

no, i mean i wanted to spec someone, and i couldn't switch teams or kill myself.

it was annoying

DeadEyeDeNNi$
03-13-2010, 02:30 AM
no, i mean i wanted to spec someone, and i couldn't switch teams or kill myself.

it was annoying

Just quit the game and return as long as U do NOT play that map and go spec it's fine, as that way it will not disappropriate your score or losses.

DrTran
03-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Or ask an admin to move you if one is on, which there usually is, at least on the wcs and zm servers anyways.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Or ask an admin to move you if one is on, which there usually is, at least on the wcs and zm servers anyways.

meh, i don't mind throwing my fragile poison ass at some cts. might get some points. i was kicking ass on trains escape though lol

Jeimuzu
03-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Killing yourself to avoid getting tagged is the same as joining spec or zteleing, from the zombie's point of view.. You shouldn't do it to avoid getting tagged.

Kavinsky
03-20-2010, 03:25 AM
What about if you feel like its utterly pathetic that the zombie team can't get over two god damn couches with one person with a p90 shooting at them and you want to die so you can just get the round overwith?

I mean it's your loss not theirs so what does it matter?

DrTran
03-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Then why not just break your own cade and get stabbed?

mastercheff
03-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Then why not just break your own cade and get stabbed?

You forgot the part that people are rank whores.

DrTran
03-20-2010, 01:49 PM
And doesn't suiciding also hurt your rank?

Kavinsky
03-20-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm a sportsmen not a rank whore, If I was a rank whore I'd be on right now using the cheapest spots possible raping everyone to get to james spot.

StarsMine
03-20-2010, 05:53 PM
What about if you feel like its utterly pathetic that the zombie team can't get over two god damn couches with one person with a p90 shooting at them and you want to die so you can just get the round overwith?

I mean it's your loss not theirs so what does it matter?

What do you mean?

Your suiciding there wont end the round faster.

DrTran
03-20-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm guessing he's talking about if you're the last guy alive in that situation.

StarsMine
03-20-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm guessing he's talking about if you're the last guy alive in that situation.

Well if he is, he can just let a zombie in, or just spray till the end of the round.

Kavinsky
03-20-2010, 11:36 PM
Yeah I was.

Even when I was trying to get myself turned I still prevailed, I was just stunned at how crapy all the zombie classes are now.

I mean the first round I ran around like a chicken with its head cut off outside of the cading area trying to get tagged and no one could touch me.

Next round I waited at spawn for the zombie to tag me and I just gave up after he couldnt even keep up with me while I was shooting at him (and he was a Fast!) I finally shot him into the spike pit ending the round right then and there.

Next round everyone but me got tagged. All I had for a cade were two couches sitting side by side blocking a big doorway with no one to back me up during my reload and no one could get over it with me shooting at them

After that I figured fuck it this is pathetic and just typed kill in console and left at the start of the next round.

I mean theres making a game more accessible for everyone and then their's pusifying it.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-20-2010, 11:42 PM
Yeah I was.

Even when I was trying to get myself turned I still prevailed, I was just stunned at how crapy all the zombie classes are now.

I mean the first round I ran around like a chicken with its head cut off outside of the cading area trying to get tagged and no one could touch me.

Next round I waited at spawn for the zombie to tag me and I just gave up after he couldnt even keep up with me while I was shooting at him (and he was a Fast!) I finally shot him into the spike pit ending the round right then and there.

Next round everyone but me got tagged. All I had for a cade were two couches sitting side by side blocking a big doorway with no one to back me up during my reload and no one could get over it with me shooting at them

After that I figured fuck it this is pathetic and just typed kill in console and left at the start of the next round.

I mean theres making a game more accessible for everyone and then their's pusifying it.

definjately. i got tagged on roy the ship, ad two spots i always raped as a poison, the bridge and the car...i couldn't touch. i only got the bridge because i got a noob who was too close to the window.

zero needs to sit down one night, w/ the test server, and figure out exactly what nmbers to set each class's values to to get them like they used to be. kav, you, james, irish, and a few other regs have to be in there testing it each time to see if it's right.

Kavinsky
03-21-2010, 07:25 AM
I was going to do that on this thread
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2737

But after going through what was wrong with the first two classes in my post
I figured what's the point. He's going to do it anyways and ignore me and everyone
else like he always does and suprise suprise I was dead right.

The jist of it is that we need to have two zm servers one cade and one escape.
Cade would be using the old zombie settings and escape the new ones.
Cade would have a max of 28, escape 36 since your not going to need to share any cading space with anyone
Both with functioning mutes too.

but I'm wasting my breath aint gonna happen and he aint going to get my money any time soon.

ZERO
03-21-2010, 12:07 PM
If people select the wrong class it is not going to get some spots. Ones like stated above need deformed to get in and I have seen those cades broken by a fast when there are noobs. As far as class settings go they are the same as always so either the zombies are dumber or you are better however it is more likely that due to reduced lag hit registration is better and I could just increase the health of all zombies if it is that bad.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-21-2010, 12:24 PM
If people select the wrong class it is not going to get some spots. Ones like stated above need deformed to get in and I have seen those cades broken by a fast when there are noobs. As far as class settings go they are the same as always so either the zombies are dumber or you are better however it is more likely that due to reduced lag hit registration is better and I could just increase the health of all zombies if it is that bad.

you mean the ones i said? nope. i could clear out the bridge of the ship no problem, jumping in from the window, and the car was also incredibly easy for some reason...even as a poison.

i think the problem is that the knockback is too high on all classes. like, you didn't quite get the balance right.

Perry
03-21-2010, 03:56 PM
you mean the ones i said? nope. i could clear out the bridge of the ship no problem, jumping in from the window, and the car was also incredibly easy for some reason...even as a poison.

i think the problem is that the knockback is too high on all classes. like, you didn't quite get the balance right.

+1 im sorry but a p90 shouldnt knock me back 40-50 feet.

Kavinsky
03-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Nor the glock for that matter. First day after the zombie class change I went after a guy armed with only a glock on open ground as a fast and he was able to hold me back with just that.