PDA

View Full Version : STARFISH banned

DeadEyeDeNNi$
03-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Banned Starfish for 2 days

reason - she was skipping badly and possible walling

Please view attached demo and see what else u can find and leave opinion

Sorry for the zipfile but the regular .dem file wouldn't upload.

Starfish :3
03-13-2010, 05:59 PM
ok when u banned i first had no idea why....
i was lagging yes, but only cuz me and my bf were online at the same time (Samhein) who u also banned >.> i didnt see u say anything to me or sam, i dont even get why i should be banned right away for that

Envy
03-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Dennis, That is not an acceptable ban.

She doesn't wall, hell Starfish has been playing these severs LONGER THEN YOU.

2days is very excessive anyways.

I won't dispute that she lags, I've seen it. AFAIK that's not a bannable offense, her rates aren't contorted to cause it, it just happens.

DeadEyeDeNNi$
03-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Dennis, That is not an acceptable ban.

She doesn't wall, hell Starfish has been playing these severs LONGER THEN YOU.

2days is very excessive anyways.

I won't dispute that she lags, I've seen it. AFAIK that's not a bannable offense, her rates aren't contorted to cause it, it just happens.

I know how long she's been playing and she was spiking and shaking WAY more than usual, that's why I gave her a reason to come here in text b4 I banned and as far as her BF I have no idea how that happened. I also have the rates included in the demo and they seemed to be in order.

I put this up for other admins and clanmembers to view not just to comment before hand.

After I see a few more responses from ppl that actually look at the demo and Stars possible fix for the problem, then I'll either unban her (and BF with info posted so I can do so) or I'll let Zero perma ban the account.

DeadEyeDeNNi$
03-13-2010, 06:13 PM
ok when u banned i first had no idea why....
i was lagging yes, but only cuz me and my bf were online at the same time (Samhein) who u also banned >.> i didnt see u say anything to me or sam, i dont even get why i should be banned right away for that

Look at the demo and you'll see the text I typed telling you what was about to happen and to go to IBISgaming.com to comment on this.

I'm pretty sure that this will not be a very long process and I was a bit hesitant but felt it needed to be done and addressed by you ( to fix the specific problem as it was also lagging the server) and our community

03-13-2010, 06:14 PM
i was lagging cuz my bf and i were on the same connection and ip and i had msn on... since u banned the ip he got chucked off too. i've also never used wallhacks or any other hacks before, it's called using ur sound...

03-13-2010, 06:27 PM
oh and btw just watched the demo, the only thing i see u say there is to go to the forums to see reason why and then BAM banned
no warning
no reasons
nothing

also i have no idea where i would be eledgedly hacking, unlike lots of others i just use sound and radar

Envy
03-13-2010, 06:28 PM
I didn't originally look at the demo because I knew there would be no reason to.
Upon reviewing the demo, I want my 6minutes and 27 seconds back.
There is nothing suspicious, hell I hear things through those fences she doesn't even react to.

She lags but again there is no rule against it. she doesn't gain an unfair advantage from the lag, a lot of times it hinders her playing.

DeadEyeDeNNi$
03-13-2010, 06:39 PM
oh and btw just watched the demo, the only thing i see u say there is to go to the forums to see reason why and then BAM banned
no warning
no reasons
nothing

also i have no idea where i would be eledgedly hacking, unlike lots of others i just use sound and radar

My dear Starfish,

When one gets banned you won't find any reason, warning, or explanation of any kind because if the admin does that then WHAM, the person logs off and is not banable by an admin. I did more than anyone else does because I didn't expect a major crisis in you that's why I made the statement.

Envy
03-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Usually there is someone QQing over "soandso is hacking" or they call an admin etc. You were an admin there and really there is nothing in that demo that is remotely walling. Again afaik there is no "you can't lag" rule. Yeah it sucks she is lagging, but a bannable offense would be if she was rate hacking, which you never even checked at all in the demo.

I know her rates are fine as I have walked her through them personally before.

*edited for clarification

DeadEyeDeNNi$
03-13-2010, 06:50 PM
I didn't originally look at the demo because I knew there would be no reason to.
Upon reviewing the demo, I want my 6minutes and 27 seconds back.
There is nothing suspicious, hell I hear things through those fences she doesn't even react to.

She lags but again there is no rule against it. she doesn't gain an unfair advantage from the lag, a lot of times it hinders her playing.

Here's a couple of Whoopee pies for your time :P

I did write in the above post...

I'm pretty sure that this will not be a very long process and I was a bit hesitant but felt it needed to be done and addressed by you ( to fix the specific problem as it was also lagging the server) and our community

Anyway, there were too many complaints form players on the server lag so I went looking for the reason(s) and found two, one was addressed with rate fix the other was Starfish. This action did not happen immediately or w/o research and time spent on my part investigating When she left it straightened out because I didn't want to restart the server unnecessarily.

Basically what I think needs to be done here is she needs to have her/his computer/network checked/fixed so that it won't lag the server and have this happen again. There are MANY things that can be done to "tune" a pc for this kind of thing as well as modifying the cfg file to reduce the stress. It doesn't take that long and when done PM me or post here that it's been taken care of and I can unban her and BF so they don't lag our server or anyone elses because it affects other players that are borderline as well.

I'll need Samhein's acct info as well.

03-13-2010, 06:57 PM
doesnt change the fact that u just banned me without any legit reason to do so, if u wanted me to fix something u couldve just pmed me or said something to me in game, but no, nothing
i'd like to get unbanned as soon as possible since i still have done nothing wrong, even tho i was lagging more then usual since my bf was here who hardly ever plays on this sever anyway and prolly isnt gonna come back after this. and why would u need his account info? so u can just ban his account too? any halfway decent admin wouldnt even have to ask that.

Envy
03-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Again I state you can't ban her for it Dennis. I've played with her on the server without it causing an issue. These servers run like ass in general compared to before, Yet more mods on it to bog it down etc. and you banned by them IP to get both of them

DeadEyeDeNNi$
03-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Usually there is someone QQing over "soandso is hacking" or they call an admin etc. You were an admin there and really there is nothing in that demo that is remotely walling. Again afaik there is no "you can't lag" rule. Yeah it sucks she is lagging, but a bannable offense would be if she was rate hacking, which you never even checked at all in the demo.

I know her rates are fine as I have walked her through them personally before.

*edited for clarification

Good! I am glad that you two are friends and that you walkd her through the rate settings, perhapss you can help her with the rest of any techie modifications, adjustments, tune ups, etc so her/their machine(s) will run much better for her/them.

I'm not here to piss either of you off. I'm just trying to look out for IBIS and all it's components that help it run smoothly.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation in this matter to both of you. :wtg:

03-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Good! I am glad that you two are friends and that you walkd her through the rate settings, perhapss you can help her with the rest of any techie modifications, adjustments, tune ups, etc so her/their machine(s) will run much better for her/them.

I'm not here to piss either of you off. I'm just trying to look out for IBIS and all it's components that help it run smoothly.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation in this matter to both of you. :wtg:

which is something u shouldve done, or at least talked to me about BEFORE BANNING ME, besides my pc is just fine, and i cant help it if isp's in belgium are still pretty crappy.
just get me unbanned already

DeadEyeDeNNi$
03-13-2010, 07:04 PM
doesnt change the fact that u just banned me without any legit reason to do so, if u wanted me to fix something u couldve just pmed me or said something to me in game, but no, nothing
i'd like to get unbanned as soon as possible since i still have done nothing wrong, even tho i was lagging more then usual since my bf was here who hardly ever plays on this sever anyway and prolly isnt gonna come back after this. and why would u need his account info? so u can just ban his account too? any halfway decent admin wouldnt even have to ask that.

Actually I already have it so I can unban him w/o any info from you so that if he in fact does return he'll be able to come into the server.

DeadEyeDeNNi$
03-13-2010, 08:16 PM
Starfish & Samhein

After reviewing your rates and the way that you lag, skip, stutter, etc. I can begin to see a few things that may assist you in your game play experience.

1- The rate settings that you both have,
Name Steam ID UserID rate cmd update interp
Starfish :3 STEAM_0:1:16342134 652 30000 30 20 0.03
Samhein STEAM_0:0:853051 631 35000 30 20 0.03

apparently are set a bit wrong, IMO. If you were to BOTH set your rates to 20000 and leave the rest alone, I do believe that would help you. My guess is that you don’t have high end single or dual graphics cards so the 20000 will help in that regard.

You also may want to do a DXDIAG from the run command from start menu and see where you stand on your driver dates and versions then check to see if there are newer ones available for your sound card, graphics card, and CPU. Also check the bios dates and versions for your motherboard to see if they are the most recent.

From your start menu and run command bring up the msconfig controller and use a selective startup an the go to the startup tab and uncheck everything except your antivirus ensuring that you have no background programs running. You can still access these programs when needed manually.

Run your disc cleanup from accessories>system tools and delete all unneeded files of junk, then do a defrag on your OS HD, usually (C:).

Startup your Steam program and verify your integrity of cache files then do a file defrag.

Look in the cfg file –typically --- C:\Program Files (x86)\STEAM\steamapps\bjsorchid\counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg --- and add the line:
fps_max "300" // Caps framerate. Set to max monitor refresh rate + 1.
Also set the decals to a low number so that sprays won’t bog you down from the steam UI. (10-15)

These are but a few of the things that you can do to help you run better without spending any money for upgrades to offset the poor IP.

Depending on which OS you are running you may find some useful tools to help you network at http://www.speedguide.net/ , there should be some info there also on how to custom configure your connection properties. Hope this helps.

walterbrunswick
03-13-2010, 09:21 PM
@DeadEyeDeNNi$ The most I've banned people for lagging was about 5 mins, if I ever did. Usually I would kick them. I've been an admin too long to remember. If it disrupts gameplay for everyone, AND you've warned them, you have a legitimate reason to do so.

@Starfish If MSN lags you, you shouldn't be on MSN while playing Counter-Strike. Seems simple enough to me.

Envy
03-13-2010, 09:54 PM
So is starfish unbanned?

For what I reiterate AGAIN is something that never should have happened to begin with.

XxMastagunzxX
03-13-2010, 10:11 PM
She is not hacking.

THE HOLY SH**T!
03-13-2010, 10:22 PM
So dennis if your lagging, can i ban you?

DeadEyeDeNNi$
03-13-2010, 11:16 PM

Please, do not fuck with me.... I do my job way better than most of you and I put my heart & soul into keeping IBIS safe & sound. If you, let me rephrase that, If ZERO does not think that I have the best motives at heart, I will quit not only admin, but CSS itself...

Meanwhile, I stand fast in my previous posts and also the assistance that I have offered to Starfish and her BF.

Also, and I'm sorry to have to use this, but even tho Walter is not respected in the IBIS community anymore, he does have a good point.

If you have a shitty system, a shitty ISP, and OA not one, but TWO people playing on all of the above, then PLEASE stay the fuck out of IBIS and lagging our players because you have already admitted that you have a bad IP yet you try to play Two PPL as well as MSN? WHAT THE FUCK IS Wrong wITH THIS PICTURE??????

Goddamnit, now you have totally pissed me off and after I have not only tried to help IBIS, the players on the server that have complained to the utmost when she AND her BF were playing and IMing at the same time, you try to shit on me in public?

FUCK YOU

Sorry that I have to be so blatant but GOD ALL MIGHTY take a fucking break!!!

Starfish, please follow my instructions regarding you're lousy IP and equipment and then return as I have unbanned you & your BF.

This is just a prelude to the rest of the public that strains our servers because if you have NO RESPECT for what & who is behind where you are, then someone will try to make you AWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just hope that they are more successful and better received than I was

DeadEyeDeNNi$
03-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Starfish & Boyfriend

] ma_rcon ma_unban STEAM_0:0:853051
Executed RCON ma_unban STEAM_0:0:853051

] ma_rcon ma_unban STEAM_0:1:16342134
Executed RCON ma_unban STEAM_0:1:16342134

DeadEyeDeNNi$
03-13-2010, 11:33 PM

ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY!!!

If I fuck up the server(s) and cause ppl to lag like she + he did, then I not only advise it, I DEMAND it! Not only for me, but for ANYONE that disrupts the server to an extent that ppl complain and you can see, and record, the dysfunction caused by their presence...

When ppl cause mayhem on a server that disrupts our members and guests, then they need to leave until they fix, replace, repair, etc to be in the proper environment without causing disruption...

EDIT:

Please click on my link below my name regarding my conn -- http://www.speedtest.net/result/702238873.png -- I doubt that I'll have any problem regarding this matter

acolyte_to_jippity
03-14-2010, 01:13 AM
Don't tell me I'm not respected anymore you pompous ass. Who the fuck are you to come in and decide who gets respect and not?! I've been here a lot longer than you, and even though I'm younger, I seem to have done quite better as an admin than yourself.

Let's look at how many false bans I have dropped versus how many you have dropped. You're a joke! You ban regulars for bunnyhopping and call it "speedhacking." You ban people for having fun with your name. Loosen the FUCK up! Take a Valium or something.

How many times have regulars called you in to take care of a hacker or a mic spammer? If it's more than twice I'd be surprised.

Even though I'm migrating towards BSCo., that doesn't mean that I suddenly lose all respect. No sir!

You're one of the most stuck up admins on the servers. Do you have any idea what people say behind your back?

For your own good and for the good of the IBIS servers, you need to calm the fuck down!

walter, the reason dennis told you you were losing respect was because you come into the servers and just complain and bitch about ibis. oh, and as for the "calling you in about hackers or mic spammers"? how about when you came in, i asked you to mute a spammer, and you replied "why would i? i don't care about ibis anymore"

Vladninja
03-14-2010, 02:44 AM
Walter I don't give two shit about what you think of IBIS... cause you've already proven you are loyal to a different server... I mean why are you still here?

I was there for GS-ZM but we never and I mean NEVER tried pulling in IBIS the shit you are... Cujo, Stamp, and Pooter would be Embarrassed by your current actions...

You'd better watch your fucking mouth in the forum and in game.... If I catch you in game spouting some anti-ibis shit I will perma ban you without a seconds hesitation.

I am closing this thread as I feel it has already been resolved.

Dennis is a bit quick with his powers but he has nothing but the best intentions at heart for ibis...
I would rather him ban someone he thinks is hacking (since its easy to unban) then just let people slip by doing as they please.... our server is the best for a reason.