PDA

View Full Version : Cade Breaking

varno
03-17-2010, 08:28 AM
Is cade breaking against the rules? If so Molta broke down my cade to get into the spot i was at right after i put the cade up. It was on a dark map that was up on 3/17/10 at around 8-8:30 CST

acolyte_to_jippity
03-17-2010, 12:43 PM
can't do shit about it now. yes, it is against the rules. if it happens in game, tell an admin.

unfortunately, w/out repeat offences and a demo, it's just hear-say.

Perry
03-17-2010, 01:30 PM
now see what if it is the ADMIN that broke the cade? demo it and send it in?

how do you demo in CSS? i cant even get console to show up

acolyte_to_jippity
03-17-2010, 02:26 PM
hit escape, go to potions, keyboard. click on advanced, then enable developer's console

then, in game, type in console (the ` or ~ key):
record <name> 2500

that will start recording a demo w/ name <name>next, there are two other things you need to do. first, type in sb_status in console as well, and finally (if you want to be able to hear yourself in the demo) type in voice_loopback 1

when the demo's done, just type stop into console

Perry
03-17-2010, 02:42 PM
your awesome acolyte.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-17-2010, 03:21 PM
lol. they are saved in your cstrike folder (.../steam/steamapps/<username>/counterstrikesource/cstrike) under <name>.dem

if you want to play a demo, put the .dem file in this same folder, then go in game and type into console "demoui".

this allows you to load, play, pause, slow down, fast forward, and skip to specific spot

OMGBEARS
03-18-2010, 04:38 AM
If it's an admin it's considered admin abuse since they would technically be using their status to break the rules since standard admins cannot use admin commands on other admins. Demo it, post it under "admin abuse" if it is an admin in question.

Don't bitch and moan at them, though. That's considered admin disrespect and it's sort-of a grey area that can result in a mute or worse. They'll get what's coming to them because they damn well better know the rules.

varno
03-25-2010, 04:50 AM
instead of making a whole new thread on the same issue i figured i would just post here: # 1585 "ĦŦ ¦ ๖ۣۜҜяʏᵶѳж" STEAM_0:1:18802858 34:51 137 0 active, shot in my cade on the lvl barricade factory on 3-25-10 at 4:45-4:49am CST, unfortunately i did not get a demo since i do not think that any1 will ever shoot in my cade before they do.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-25-2010, 10:37 AM
only thing you can do is tell an admin in game abbout it. if it happens again or to some other people, then he might get kicked

gas.
03-25-2010, 03:01 PM
I have a question. Say there are a few people purposely cade-breaking consistently with no admin on the server. If we were to take a demo, would it even be worth it? I mean.. cade breaking isn't an extensive ban so it's basically a "just deal with it" until an admin comes on?

Would it just be a nuisance to post cade breaking demos or would the admins prefer us to so they can keep tabs on troublesome players? I'd rather not waste my time or the admins if it isn't considered that big a deal.

loka
03-25-2010, 07:57 PM
I have a question. Say there are a few people purposely cade-breaking consistently with no admin on the server. If we were to take a demo, would it even be worth it? I mean.. cade breaking isn't an extensive ban so it's basically a "just deal with it" until an admin comes on?

Would it just be a nuisance to post cade breaking demos or would the admins prefer us to so they can keep tabs on troublesome players? I'd rather not waste my time or the admins if it isn't considered that big a deal.

If you give the time and the date, ZERO can look it up. This is one of the reasons why SourceTV is on the server. As far as wasting time, it might be especially if it's a random person who never comes back again on the server.