PDA

View Full Version : Help fix my css

ManBearPig <ibis>
03-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Ok i am sick of my CSS not working finally. I really want to play and have been unable to stop it from crashing randomly when i try to join a server. So here is what happens:

1. Load game
2. Begin joining server
3. Get past the final loading stage
4. Game crashes once i am about to enter the server
5. Error messages pop up

I took screen shots of the messages that pop up.

To try and solve this problem i have completely uninstalled steam and every file there is and when i installed it all again it continued to do this. HELP please.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-18-2010, 08:05 PM
ummm, i googled the first error messege there, and when i was half way through, "internal driver error in idirect3ddevice9 present css" popped up. i went to the first link, and got to here (http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105691)

now, apparently, later catalyst drivers are borked. try reverting to catalyst 4.12

also, it could be a problem w/ your virus software. it could be blocking the game from accessing the needed lines of code from the directX files. you can try running the game in direct X 8 instead. to do this, go to steam, right click on the game, go to launch options, and type in "-dxlevel80" without the quotes. it might not look quite as nice, but it'll play (hopefully)

ManBearPig <ibis>
03-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Tried changing it to DX8 and it still crashed. How do i change it back to whatever DX i was running? And idk how to revert to catalyst 4.12.

Edit: Running defrag.

DeadEyeDeNNi$
03-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Save your STEAMAPPS file, rename your STEAM file to "steam_old" reinstall steam. Copy and paste your old STEAMAPPS and maps etc to the newly DL'd steam folder in the appropriate place so that u will keep ur old data + config.

GDLK

XxMastagunzxX
03-18-2010, 09:34 PM
I honestly don't know how to help you...sorry

DeadEyeDeNNi$
03-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Oh yeah and update all your drivers.

IE: Sound card, video card, etc. U may want to run a "dxdiag" from your run line to see if there are any conflicts.

ManBearPig <ibis>
03-20-2010, 06:38 PM
I dont know how to do these things without a step by step guide...

ZERO
03-20-2010, 10:16 PM
can you post your dump files they should be in your cstrike folder. I can debug them and say what the exact cause was. But those pics make it clear that it is your gpu drivers. You need to make sure that you completely remove them and install new ones.

XxMastagunzxX
03-20-2010, 10:31 PM
I don't think he knows how to do that zero.

ZERO
03-20-2010, 10:40 PM
well fuck if I know, this is why I do not buy ati cards b/c this sort of shit manages to happen all the time. (not to say that it can not happen on nvidia but in the cards I have owned over 10 years I have had way more problems with the ati drivers than I ever did with nvidia)

Here: http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-%28Setup%29-download-1655.html

acolyte_to_jippity
03-20-2010, 11:01 PM
i'm pretty sure the links i posted say how to.

youwant catalyst 4.1 that version is very stable i believe

Jeimuzu
03-20-2010, 11:02 PM
Did you try installing DirectX 9?.. Update drivers for your graphics card?.. Google?..

Let me see what I can find on my own.. I'll edit this post in a bit.

Edit: I found the same thing the other guy did.. Try reverting back to an older version of catalyst, or whatever.

And maybe it is possible that you need to run the game in compatibility mode? I don't know, it would be something I would try though.

how to fix

in my case go to start run type in "dxdiag" click test direct3d and let the tests run.

if all is well with direct 3d 9 then when you join a server all should be ok

Found this too, not sure how relevant it is though.

One last thing: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5204-UOSN-9830

acolyte_to_jippity
03-20-2010, 11:25 PM
wow james, i don't even get a name?

Jeimuzu
03-21-2010, 09:45 AM
When I posted I had just finished unloading 80 bags of mulch around the house.. I was tired.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-21-2010, 12:15 PM
When I posted I had just finished unloading 80 bags of mulch around the house.. I was tired.

shit dude. that's rough. i was joking anyway. go get a stiff drink and sleep mate.

80 bags, holy fuck!

ManBearPig <ibis>
03-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Ill try all this stuff soon. Spring practice started so i dont have as much free time. Get to it asap though.

Jeimuzu
03-22-2010, 12:06 PM
If none of it works let me know and I'll try to find more solutions.

ManBearPig <ibis>
03-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Its worked 3 times in a row so far. So hopefully its fixed. Ill turn computer off later and turn back on and see if it still works.

BladeTwinSwords
03-26-2010, 01:22 PM
can you post your dump files they should be in your cstrike folder. I can debug them and say what the exact cause was. But those pics make it clear that it is your gpu drivers. You need to make sure that you completely remove them and install new ones.

Zero pretty much summed up what I was gonna say. Although I'm surprised I can run this game on a tablet pc with a Nvidia GeForce 5200