PDA

View Full Version : eva on wcs

tj26
03-21-2010, 10:53 PM
so servers been up for a while and as most people think eva is overpowered but also can be stopped
but with more and more people getting up to 700 im guessing at least 20+ people are able to use it or just about (all of the top 10 is able to and the lowest level on there is 800 something so assuming theres others close to that)

and to the point i've been seeing all these people getting eva lately and playing it nonstop i.e there total level is say 731 well there eva is level 31 and having multiple eva's on the same team a lot lately

so i'm just looking for people's inputs on possibly limiting it to 1 or 2 per team for the fact that multiple eva's are hard to kill

ZERO
03-22-2010, 08:23 AM
it is supposed to be only one per team but the limiter does not work correctly.

tj26
03-22-2010, 08:32 AM
well answers that question i suppose lol

acolyte_to_jippity
03-22-2010, 11:29 AM
once we upgrade, i'm sure zero'll increase the level requirement for eva again, and add a bunch more races before it, as well as one or two after it

ChronicVT
03-22-2010, 01:17 PM
More importantly to combat the Eva class... is to have classes compared to equally or greater than the Eva... Some servers have 250 plus races... many that seem better than Eva... Classes should represent the player... maybe a near future feature would be a race creator... earn points to make ones own races... and no Zero limit setting does not seem to be enabled on Eva...

maynard
03-22-2010, 02:35 PM
More importantly to combat the Eva class... is to have classes compared to equally or greater than the Eva... Some servers have 250 plus races... many that seem better than Eva... Classes should represent the player... maybe a near future feature would be a race creator... earn points to make ones own races... and no Zero limit setting does not seem to be enabled on Eva...

we have many classes that pwwn eva if used properly. eva's ultimate doesn't even work, nor has it for like 3 months and it's without a doubt what people complain the most about when it comes to eva cause it's a 1 hit kill basically with 30 second recharge.

once the server is fixed and it limits 1 per team, all will be well.

Bullshit
03-22-2010, 02:44 PM
so shall i tell them to change if there are 2 evas on same team ?

mastercheff
03-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Instead of freaking bumping the level req for eva why not make a whole tier of better races for players to enjoy instead of crappy same old same old format for races.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-22-2010, 04:38 PM
for the race creation feature, it's not a good idea. they tend to become overpowered, and it's really just a gimmick. i'd rather more races be made, than custom ones.

ChronicVT
03-23-2010, 09:30 AM
for the race creation feature, it's not a good idea. they tend to become overpowered, and it's really just a gimmick. i'd rather more races be made, than custom ones.

Not necessarily would it not be a good idea...

The creation of ones race is essentially controlled through the website... like forums... and is limited to what tiers of abilities and ultimates the custom races can aquire... not everyone likes everything about everyrace... it is specifics... however a custom race would not be permitted to have two overpowering abilities... when an ability is chosen, the next "group" or list of abilities offered to be chose, added or leveled would be dictated by what the first ability was previously chosen... the leveling for an ultimate could be set higher than a preset race... and it would not matter if two users had the same ability, with the number of combinations of abilities that there are... People genuinely like to play a race they are comfortable playing... and what would be more comfortable tahn creating a personalized races with personalized abilities and an ultimate of your own chosing...

BTW Maynard, acolyte_to_jippity, and any others with this problem...

I am not saying it WILL happen... this is MERELY a discussion... were talking here... not making policy that will be set in stone... when that happens I'm sure you will be at the tablets engraving it... so RELAX...

had to throw that in Zero... sorry... lmmfao....

acolyte_to_jippity
03-23-2010, 10:46 AM
,,,actually, about the custom races thing, if it became set in stone i'd not be engraveing i'd probably be bitching up a storm

Crazyyoshi
03-23-2010, 11:01 AM
People just complain about it being overpowered because its newish and people are learning to be good with it. People still complain about vagabond and vagalion. But that doesn't mean we need to change everything. People just need to get use to people playing it and figure out a good way to kill them. Yes they are a pain in the butt, especially when they whore up the respawn scrolls but its part of the game. So I say we deal with it. :wtg:

maynard
03-23-2010, 11:02 AM
no matter what, people will always complain about something.

also Id like to throw out there that the custom race stuff I think is a horrible idea. all it sounds like is more work for zero, which in turn means longer wait time till WCS gets it's much needed love/attention from zero.

lychee
03-26-2010, 04:23 PM
The custom race idea does seem interesting but someone might create an overpowering race. For example, spider's man weblines, wards, nebula's extra damage, with flame preds invisible cloak and one more thing will be a powerful race. Yes, I would like to have the ultimate for evangelion, but evangelion is not as overpowering as some people think. Wolfenstinger(Wolfenstinker) with vagalion is really troublesome to handle in the game, you must have a necklace or athena or else.... Hopefully more races will be added soon and especially needs race for 320-700 levels. bye

ZERO
03-26-2010, 04:49 PM
I was pwning eva 50% of the time using a race with no abilities that was being leveled and this was against maynard. Now I do not think there should be more than one per team and I need to try to find a way to stop that becuase the limiter is clearly not working.

Nemesis
03-26-2010, 04:58 PM
The custom race idea does seem interesting but someone might create an overpowering race. For example, spider's man weblines, wards, nebula's extra damage, with flame preds invisible cloak and one more thing will be a powerful race. Yes, I would like to have the ultimate for evangelion, but evangelion is not as overpowering as some people think. Wolfenstinger(Wolfenstinker) with vagalion is really troublesome to handle in the game, you must have a necklace or athena or else.... Hopefully more races will be added soon and especially needs race for 320-700 levels. bye

well what you'd do is make an ability pool, with the better abilities being worth more points. for example each person has 10 points, wards and invis (along with the other top skills) are worth 5 points and the lesser skills are worth less points. so you can have a few really good skills or many not as good skills.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-26-2010, 10:42 PM
the way azeroth (i think) does custom races is you have 7 choices, xtra dmg, invis, low grav, long jump,drain life, reflect dmg, xtra speed. each one does very little (i.e, each level of the invis gives 5%) and you pick a combination of 4 of those (can repeat) ...and you can pick one low-grade ult. out of like 4.

the problem arises that this race can become extremely op'd. 4 levels, in 4 skills of invis would be 80% invis, w/ guns...

plus, it's better to have defined, recognizable races in order to allow for strategies to come up on-the-fly.