PDA

View Full Version : 4th Fun!

ZERO
07-05-2008, 11:50 AM
So how was everyone 4th of July!? Post your funny stories ect here :muffy:

ZERO
07-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Well, I almost blew myself up with a firework that had a quick fuse. I also thought it was a mini fountain but it was really high grade explosive. I have had it for years sitting around so there was no way to know what it would do until it went off. It was set off in a glass bottle that was blown into a thousand peaces. The sound alone left my and Jigsaws ears ringing! It was like a live grenade went off, and I was standing only 5 feet from it (trying to get away). I did not actually get to see it blow up, but that is a good thing because I would be blind if I had not known to close my eyes. Fragmentation pieced my neck in a few places. Lucky a dash of some medical Rum fixed it up in a sec. Always remember kids keep bottles of hardcore rum around you never known when you need something that absorbs all moisture. :wtg:

ManBearPig <ibis>
07-05-2008, 12:12 PM
My Ex showed up and it was weird. Than she asked for my number, so im confused. And i almost got hit in the face by my step dad's fireworks.

P.S. Zero you need a chaperon.

D-Monic
07-05-2008, 12:31 PM
i was drunk after the firework show and i had red glow sticks so i got in the traffic in the parking lot and proceeded to direct the traffic. it worked with a few cars but most ppl were like wtf is this guy doing :icon_mrgreen: goodtimes

Hitman
07-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Met some girl from Jersey (a once in a lifetime shot) at the fireworks display in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Got her wasted and went back to my place. all worked out well

Dual
07-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Well, I almost blew myself up with a firework that had a quick fuse. I also thought it was a mini fountain but it was really high grade explosive. I have had it for years sitting around so there was no way to know what it would do until it went off. It was set off in a glass bottle that was blown into a thousand peaces. The sound alone left my and Jigsaws ears ringing! It was like a live grenade went off, and I was standing only 5 feet from it (trying to get away). I did not actually get to see it blow up, but that is a good thing because I would be blind if I had not known to close my eyes. Fragmentation pieced my neck in a few places. Lucky a dash of some medical Rum fixed it up in a sec. Always remember kids keep bottles of hardcore rum around you never known when you need something that absorbs all moisture. :wtg:

I Use to scrapped the wick on concrete, just to make sure the fuse won't go that quick. Have not play with firework in a long time, ever since they came down hard with the law in NYC.

-=NYS=- C.O.
07-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Fireworks are illegal in NYC. Theres nothing much here going around except the legal fireworks going of at night. Hmmm when I was younger I used to tape nails and pennies to blockbusters and fling them off a apartment complex roof and see people run for their dear lives. :headache:

ZERO
07-05-2008, 03:36 PM
I never said anything about these being legal...

-=NYS=- C.O.
07-05-2008, 06:50 PM
I never said anything about these being legal...

Hmmm so there are actually other states who deem fireworks illegal ? Maybe the kind that you were blowing up were illegal ? I pretty much never liked the colorful fireworks. I liked the ones that go BOOM ! :lmao:

Dual
07-05-2008, 08:51 PM
I Just play with sparkles.

Rapedollar$
07-05-2008, 10:24 PM
fireworks give me flashbacks....

ZERO
07-06-2008, 01:02 AM
Restrictions in all states control the following:
Out right bans
or
Restrictions on following:
Type: goes in the air, makes big boom, ect (example: in some states anything that flies in air is illegal)
Size: Limits on gunpowder (example: in Tennessee you used to only be able to buy 200-250g fireworks max but now you can buy a single firework that has 500g) -Why is this good!? 500g is great b/c you can pretty much buy a professional firework show in a box. You get a 500g 16 shot set that is tall and you will have a great show without the trouble of the old style where you actually loaded the shells in the tube and set them off. This thus is safer and more enjoyable as there is a lot less delay from one shot to the next. Also you can have intros and out-tros and even super grand finalizes!

Below is a guide for a pro display show ($400 aprox) listed in order that they should be set off (this assumes that all boxes purchased are 500g sets)

Medium size box quick set (think around 25 shots with a 25sec duration)
Small tall box with a longer duration (this is the main show, 500g/smaller number = bigger blast per shot; tall box = high in the air thus what you would expect to see at a pro show; if you want a long firework show you could set a few of these off one after the other just get different boxes so each one is different fyi these usually go for about $70; logically you could save some money with a manual load to replace one of these boxes if you want but it is up to you to decide if it looks as nice)
Medium size box quick set (think more like 36+ shot for this one look for the one with the shortest duration)
Super size box quick set (this is it you want 100+ shots the highest I think they make is 156 shot; this is VERY expensive the 156 shot is about $150)