PDA

View Full Version : The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Jeimuzu
03-31-2010, 01:13 AM
Recently got addicted to it again.. Modding is fun.

Anyone else play?.. Is it even for Steam? Ah, whatever.. This is where we talk about games anyways.

Here's a video of my character and stuff. Her name is Seranthrah.. She is a destroyer of worlds.

BQWM5rNI96c

ManBearPig <ibis>
03-31-2010, 01:30 AM
Your way late.

Jeimuzu
03-31-2010, 01:50 AM
I know.. I used to play on 360 way before I even knew what CS:S was.

By the way, did your CS:S ever get fixed?

BladeTwinSwords
03-31-2010, 04:04 AM
I sometimes play it though I was always more attracted to Morrowind.

gas.
03-31-2010, 07:15 AM
Morrowind and Daggerfall ruined Oblivion for me. It was just.. subpar to their standards.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-31-2010, 08:16 AM
yeah, i played morrowind on xbox (orig.) and i recently picked it up for cheapsoies (over christmas) on steam for modding if i ever get arround to it.

i got oblivion on steam, and i got to say it kinda blows compared to morrowind.

i might get back into it eventually, but seriously? it's way too in-your-face w/ the whole open ended shit. plus, it's nowhere near as simple to become powerful as it was in morrowind.

Jeimuzu
03-31-2010, 08:27 AM
The reason I don't like Morrowind as much is probably because I played it when I didn't know how to read.. So the whole game to me was steal everything, place stuff randomly in a boat house after killing someone for it, and run around in circles killing stuff. I installed it the other day to try and replay it, and after playing Oblivion, the graphics get to me.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-31-2010, 09:28 AM
The reason I don't like Morrowind as much is probably because I played it when I didn't know how to read.. So the whole game to me was steal everything, place stuff randomly in a boat house after killing someone for it, and run around in circles killing stuff. I installed it the other day to try and replay it, and after playing Oblivion, the graphics get to me.

ahhhh, see, i don't like the graphics in oblivion. i hate all of the changes they made to oblivion (single blades skill...fast travel (i want my mother fucking stilt striders back!) lockpicking minigame...) except for one single thing: the little mark on items you steal. that's really useful, although there's not much to steal to begin with unlike in morrowind

OMGBEARS
03-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Being able to travel in Morrowind via jumping was pretty cool. Using the console to set your athletics to like 1000 then going craaazy. It was a good time =P

Jeimuzu
03-31-2010, 12:20 PM
I don't believe there is a cancel button for resting in Morrowind when you tell it to "Rest until healed." I set my health to like, 20k once or some incredibly high number and went to fight things way above my level.. Tried to rest and ended up waiting 3 hours for the game to finish healing me. I didn't know about task manager back then.. Let alone how to even read the game.

@Aco Mods. 'Nuff said.

XxMastagunzxX
03-31-2010, 02:50 PM
I liked flying in Morrowind.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-31-2010, 03:02 PM
I liked flying in Morrowind.

it was a pain in the ass to control though.

i remember i always (always, like, each and every playthrough) made a pair of shoes (later glass boots (light armor ftw)) i called FLOAT, and i enchanted them to levetate 5 on self, 6 sec. and used some pretty good soul on it. i took like, 1 or 2 charges, i had an emergency slowfall on hand, and geve me more than enough time in the air to get to what i needed to go to. be it daedric shrines, or anything.

then, i always had an exquisite necklase i called SEE BREATHE. it had permenant effect on self water breathing and permenant effect on self Night Eye 30-50 (depending on my gold when i made it)

those two items made my games sooooo much more enjoyable.

demonater10
04-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Unnecessary violence + deadly reflexes, two best mods for Oblivion. Nothing like beheading mother fuckers left and right.