PDA

View Full Version : the application process?

Spasm
04-01-2010, 05:00 PM
So I recently applied to join the ibis clan and I was wondering how do you get accepted? What has to happen before you are accepted? Just curious because I have no clue.

maynard
04-01-2010, 05:30 PM
they take in a small number of people once a year. the ibis members vote for who they want in.

Spasm
04-01-2010, 05:36 PM
they take in a small number of people once a year. the ibis members vote for who they want in.

So its a year after u apply? I'm confused

Rapedollar$
04-01-2010, 06:15 PM
members are usually added every few years. before this last push i think there was a year or so. members are chosen by the clan members. multiple aspects from how you conduct yourself in game/forums as well as player skill and any additional skills you may bring to the community are weighed for and against you as well.

any other questions?

acolyte_to_jippity
04-01-2010, 06:29 PM
members are usually added every few years. before this last push i think there was a year or so. members are chosen by the clan members. multiple aspects from how you conduct yourself in game/forums as well as player skill and any additional skills you may bring to the community are weighed for and against you as well.

any other questions?

you forgot patience

Spasm
04-01-2010, 07:40 PM
How many people are actually ibis and not just admins?

Vladninja
04-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Zero and Jigsaw are the remaining founders....

Clan members include-
ManBearPig, Deprodigy, Inthebutt, Jeimuzu, Rapedollar$, Vladninja, Wickedtribe,
XxMastagunzxX, -=NYS=- C.O., Dual, The.Beast.13., Whytboiz33
(As far as I know this is a pretty complete list... there are a few more but they havent been active for sometime)

DeadEyeDeNNi$
04-01-2010, 11:24 PM

Clan members include-
(As far as I know this is a pretty complete list... there are a few more but they havent been active for sometime)

Short list IMO

Kavinsky
04-02-2010, 12:56 AM
Yeah I think only about 5% of people who apply get in.

Spasm
04-02-2010, 08:06 AM

Clan members include-

I've only seen wickedtribe, manbearpig, you vlad, dual and i think NYS but rarely on NYS and havent seen wicked in along time. never any of the others, I have seen mastagunz on the forums but never in game. Edit have seen zero... once for one GG. never jigsaw.

Rage
04-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Yeah I think only about 5% of people who apply get in.

Thats good tho, i guess it keeps the integrity of the clan. No need to let in retards who will ruin the imagine and hurt the clan.

BladeTwinSwords
04-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Thats good tho, i guess it keeps the integrity of the clan. No need to let in retards who will ruin the imagine and hurt the clan.

Thats not the only way. The other problem is that quite a few people think that the people who buy admin are in the ibis clan, which they are technically not. Many admins seriously make me doubt why there isn't an application process for buying admin. They can make ibis look bad by causing grief in-game.

Spasm
04-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Thats not the only way. The other problem is that quite a few people think that the people who buy admin are in the ibis clan, which they are technically not. Many admins seriously make me doubt why there isn't an application process for buying admin. They can make ibis look bad by causing grief in-game.

I agree 100%. I think the admin tag needs to look a lot different then the clan tag imo. Because before this post, I had no idea who was really in the clan besides a few people. Maybe <ADMIN> or something, because that would stand out and not be confused with ibis clan tag. Seems as if the best way is to look at mods of the forum section lol.

StarsMine
04-02-2010, 01:53 PM
. Because before this post, I had no idea who was really in the clan besides a few people.

It doesnt help when admins dont wear the right tag, and clan members are also admins.

Kavinsky
04-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Maybe they should have different tags like this:

Regular Admin ibis.a
Clan Member IBIS.C
Clan Member and admin IBIS.AC

(note: even if you get in you still have to pay for admin)

CobrasEye
04-02-2010, 03:08 PM

I agree with this 100%

Ren
04-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Really? With a community this big and this many people applying, there's only that many clan members? What's even the point? That hardly seems like enough people to even sustain a functioning group.

What exactly do clan members do anyway? The whole distinction has always been hazy to me.

OMGBEARS
04-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Really? With a community this big and this many people applying, there's only that many clan members? What's even the point? That hardly seems like enough people to even sustain a functioning group.

What exactly do clan members do anyway? The whole distinction has always been hazy to me.

They sit in a glass room flipping coins and counting money (all the while laughing maniacally).

Jeimuzu
04-08-2010, 01:48 PM
What exactly do clan members do anyway?

We ban admins who abuse in the event that Zero isn't on to take care of it.. We moderate the forums.. We take care of hackers.. And we've shown to be individuals that have all added things to different aspects of the clan. We're also here to stay with loyalty and dedication hopefully..

I guess you could also think of us like a council almost too.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-08-2010, 01:58 PM
ren, think of it this way. the community members make everything happen. without them, there'd be no need for servers, or anything. but you do need someone to regulate those community members. thus, the admins. however, these admins need someone over them to ensure they don't go hog-wild (like dog and walter), and thus there are the clan. the clan are the admins of admins. they're in charge of the members, as well as the members. unfortunately, there really isn't a level above clan (other than zero and jig)