PDA

View Full Version : Poor adminship

sudo
04-03-2010, 07:32 AM
I was going to post this in the admin abuse category but it seems that the ToS offers a loophole of sorts. I suppose this should be grouped under 'poor sportsmanship on an admins behalf' rather. The admin stank ass (STEAM_0:1:8354995, I don't know what his usual name is) feels it necessary to refuse map votes for nearly the entire time he's in the server, alternating between assault maps, nipperhouse and beachstorm (or w/e its called, the Normandy style one). If for no other reason, aside from the fact that it's extremely annoying, it causes players to leave the server. From the time he joined the number of players dropped from around 8 to ~3 in 15-20 minutes. If the map vote succeeds and he doesn't change it before the server does, he'll just change it anyways. It's very annoying to play these 3 (~6 if you count variations) maps constantly. There's no way that this could be good for the server's rep, and I'm sure it's not just annoying me.

Dual
04-03-2010, 07:38 AM
Admins can dictate the maps anytime they choose...The server not gonna play dust 2 and dust everytime...

acolyte_to_jippity
04-03-2010, 11:05 AM
yeah, dual's actually right.

tos states that admins can change the maps and put up votes for maps as they please. it's not to be abused by frequent changes...but it seems like he's not. he's just changing it after the map ends.

most admins will defer to the map votes the players put up, but they're not required to

Perry
04-03-2010, 05:21 PM
true admins can do that, but certain admins should learn how to not be a douche when on the servers though....just saying.

StarsMine
04-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Whilst yes he wasnt abusing admin, it sounds like he was being a real douche about it :/

acolyte_to_jippity
04-04-2010, 12:23 PM
yeah, that is true stars. but if being a douche was against the rules, this place would be without many people...normal members as well as clanners.

as it is, what he did was legit. fucked up, but legit

Clone
04-06-2010, 03:55 PM
to many admins that pay and admins that get it free think they are GOD or something. They feel they can do whatever they want and keep the map rotation to whatever they want. as dumb as they are they should just put up with whatever map it comes out as and if people start complaining change it then but don't change it just cause you "don't feel like" playing CS_Assault or Dust2 just make the people happy cause that is why the IBIS servers remain operational because people keep coming back cause of the fairness. Also people shouldn't be assholes and give themselves cash and not the entire server cause that pisses people off then people complain they get muted then the complaints start etc etc etc. you all know the rest.

Clone

Rage
04-06-2010, 04:12 PM
People don't buy admin to help out the server anymore... They buy it just to do cool stuff. Thats why i think zero should start 'screening' (for the lack of a better word) admins.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-06-2010, 04:25 PM
yeah, i intend to buy admin, once i get the funds. i have no income, and am going to a very expensive school. my folks are paying, but most of what i earn on co-op will be going to school. part of what's left will be fore admin, and while i'm at school (as in non-co-op terms) i'll have some sort of job which will support not only school but also admin.

i'd have 2 reasons to buy admin: being able to play pub w/out checking if any jackass (not naming anyone) is in there to protect myself, and more importantly helping ibis.

diablo
05-30-2010, 07:10 PM
yeah, i intend to buy admin, once i get the funds. i have no income, and am going to a very expensive school. my folks are paying, but most of what i earn on co-op will be going to school. part of what's left will be fore admin, and while i'm at school (as in non-co-op terms) i'll have some sort of job which will support not only school but also admin.

i'd have 2 reasons to buy admin: being able to play pub w/out checking if any jackass (not naming anyone) is in there to protect myself, and more importantly helping ibis.

Come on 11 bucks a month is nothing, you are helping the server to stay functional and helping zero to spend time creating races and improving the servers performance

acolyte_to_jippity
05-30-2010, 07:17 PM
Come on 11 bucks a month is nothing, you are helping the server to stay functional and helping zero to spend time creating races and improving the servers performance

ummm, lets put it this way, i have nothing.

mastercheff
05-30-2010, 08:03 PM
People don't buy admin to help out the server anymore... They buy it just to do cool stuff. Thats why i think zero should start 'screening' (for the lack of a better word) admins.

Which returns to my point of admin screening.

diablo
05-30-2010, 11:10 PM
I really use the admin to have some power on the voting pools for map changes, muting for short periods of time to mic spammers and disrespectful people and to create votequestion pools, just for fun. And come on lets admit it, some of us have admin to have respect.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-31-2010, 11:35 AM
acolyte_to_jippity's
IBIS G0D
Complete

what else do you need

lolz

jkjk

screening would be nice

maynard
05-31-2010, 12:11 PM
screening would be nice

+1:wtg:

summer is like the worst time. all these shit-head kids who have nothing to do all summer buy admin and cause problems.

Nemesis
05-31-2010, 12:26 PM
+1:wtg:

summer is like the worst time. all these shit-head kids who have nothing to do all summer buy admin and cause problems.

lol yes, schools out so you get them all day now.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-31-2010, 12:52 PM
acolyte_to_jippity's
IBIS G0D
Complete

what else do you need

lolz

jkjk

screening would be nice

i am proud of my post count. but by nothing, i mean money.

Rawr
05-31-2010, 10:58 PM
There should be something in the ToS that states that admins must act for the good of the servers over themselves. I really like playing gungame maps on WCS mod and I would do it all the time most likely, but I don't think thats widely agreed as fun, so I never change the map without a 2/3s vote in favor of the map to go to. The moral of the story is that admins should be required to act for the server not their own whims all the time. Thats why there is restrictions on other things like kicks and bans.

maynard
05-31-2010, 11:03 PM
There should be something in the ToS that states that admins must act for the good of the servers over themselves.

there should be something in the TOS that says maynard is gonna put his foot up any 1's ass that fucks around this summer. last time summer vacation got out, I had 2 deal with chibby for several months....

but seriously... if I get another chibby, I'm gonna be royally pissed off lol....:morons:

XX0wnsXY
05-31-2010, 11:36 PM
there should be something in the TOS that says maynard is gonna put his foot up any 1's ass that fucks around this summer. last time summer vacation got out, I had 2 deal with chibby for several months....

but seriously... if I get another chibby, I'm gonna be royally pissed off lol....:morons:

I won't disappoint you sir maynard. i also didnt buy admin for the summer only. still, i won't disappoint you :D.

maynard
05-31-2010, 11:39 PM
I won't disappoint you sir maynard. i also didnt buy admin for the summer only. still, i won't disappoint you :D.

lawl, you're cool:wtg: and ive seen you do nothing but be a good admin since you started playing on WCS. I was talking about the kids who have nothing better to do all summer, so they buy admin and figure they can just play CSS all summer and do whatever they want on the servers.

XX0wnsXY
05-31-2010, 11:49 PM
lawl, you're cool:wtg: and ive seen you do nothing but be a good admin since you started playing on WCS. I was talking about the kids who have nothing better to do all summer, so they buy admin and figure they can just play CSS all summer and do whatever they want on the servers.

I know...i have a lot of learning ahead of me with the wcs rules. i read over them, however, many of them are situational.

maynard
05-31-2010, 11:51 PM
ahh it's not that bad, youll have it figured out quick. also you can PM me if you got any questions.

Christmas
06-01-2010, 10:03 PM

Do you have a problem with the way I do things, Maynard?

maynard
06-02-2010, 12:10 AM
Do you have a problem with the way I do things, Maynard?

no, overall I think you're a solid admin, and a decent guy. I just don't get why you gotta fight and argue with me every step of the way when it comes to dealing with WCS stuff. but like I said you're good people, and ive never seen you abuse your admin privs... well you haven't had them that long, but I don't believe you'll abuse them anyway.

Christmas
06-02-2010, 04:08 AM
no, overall I think you're a solid admin, and a decent guy. I just don't get why you gotta fight and argue with me every step of the way when it comes to dealing with WCS stuff. but like I said you're good people, and ive never seen you abuse your admin privs... well you haven't had them that long, but I don't believe you'll abuse them anyway.

Gah, I was making a joke.

Also I had admin for a decent amount of time last year. This aint my first rodeo.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Gah, I was making a joke.

Also I had admin for a decent amount of time last year. This aint my first rodeo.

this aint the first time this old cowboy has been thrown...