PDA

View Full Version : gun game auto balance

Lolsbian
04-03-2010, 06:58 PM
So, what happened to it? Granted it's been several months since I played last but i do distinctly remember it being there and doing it's job at least half the time.

In the past week at gun game everytime I go in there is distinctly one team who has great advantage over another. of course, I won't lie, I've been on that lesser team several times now and it sucks.

Point is, gun game just isn't that fun when you're getting slaughtered each round. If people are playing it just for the stats and if that's what ibis wants, let me know now sO i can move on. I just want fun times in there. not spawning and getting headshot 5 seconds in each round.

peace out my brothers

-lolsbian

StarsMine
04-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Like you said, It used to work half the time, thats still the case

by that I mean it only auto balances half the time it should.

Lolsbian
04-03-2010, 07:39 PM
so your'e saying next week it should work all the time for me because it hasn't worked once this week for me.

StarsMine
04-03-2010, 08:53 PM
What? no.
I think your having bad luck

Kavinsky
04-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Yeah its probably bad luck mixed with just forgetting how the maps work.

Once you figure out where to go it only works for a few rounds, they adapt and then you have to switch tactics.

just give it time and stick with it, look at it like your trying to survive rather than get kills if you keep on getting mowed down.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-04-2010, 12:06 AM
well, maybe it's just the server being happy to see lols back. it's screwing her </pun>

but yeah, it should come back to you quick. pretty soon, you'll be blazing past Xm8, Fn-SCAR, and tommy gun super fast (m4, ak, and p90 respectively)

StarsMine
04-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Yeah its probably bad luck mixed with just forgetting how the maps work.

Once you figure out where to go it only works for a few rounds, they adapt and then you have to switch tactics.

just give it time and stick with it, look at it like your trying to survive rather than get kills if you keep on getting mowed down.

yes but sometimes it takes for ever for a team to figure out what stunt the other team is pulling, I watched Death pull the same stunt( I caught on after 3 rounds) 8 damn times before my team realized how he was killing them all. It was sad really.

Kavinsky
04-04-2010, 03:22 AM
I forgot to mention theres also a flip side. All of your teammates may randomly go in another direction completely out of the blue leading you to ask what the hell just happened after the other team mows you down.

Which is reason why the radars so essential to everything in gungame, not only does it alow you to keep track of your team and how well their doing but also where the enemy wave is coming from.

It's kinda like chess but you have no control over your pieces and typically they only can take one down from the other team before they themselves get killed or not at all.

Vladninja
04-04-2010, 04:06 AM
I've seen it fail a few times cause teams where already balanced...
thing is its seems to look at the top ranked players (so if both teams have a player on 24) it will view the teams as balanced...
the farther down in rank you go the less it matters (this is also based on the fact that a level 5 player should have no problem taking down someone with a pistol).

DeadEyeDeNNi$
04-04-2010, 10:54 AM
what happened to my post here?

Vladninja
04-04-2010, 10:57 AM
what happened to my post here?

Must not have gone through.... cause no posts have been deleted in this thread except one were lolsbian accidentally double posted.

Lolsbian
04-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Well I won't say that my skills aren't part of the problem, obviously they are. It has been a while. But you know, for three maps yesterday, I watched as the opposite team stayed about 10-15 rounds ahead of the losing team.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just getting long strings of bad luck and playing with the wrong people doesn't help either.

I'd rather brush up on my aim in zombie mod, but I can't stand the assholes and douchebags that the server has devolved to since I last played. Mic spamming, chat spamming, exploiting glitches like crazy mother fuckers, purposely breaking down cades, etc etc etc

Yay for counterstrike! :wtg:

acolyte_to_jippity
04-04-2010, 03:28 PM
relax lols, i'll be in gg some time soon. just join the team opposite from me. you'll do fine

DeadEyeDeNNi$
04-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Must not have gone through.... cause no posts have been deleted in this thread except one were lolsbian accidentally double posted.

Well then that makes sense as I did comment by quote and if she deleted then mine may have gone with it due to the quoting of her double along with rest I said =/

Lolsbian
04-04-2010, 10:53 PM
i can't delete posts

try as i might when i fuck up and reload a page, reposting by accident too

Lolsbian
04-12-2010, 12:00 AM
I know I'm beating a dead horse here but c'mon...

It was just 4+months ago that I was playing gun game and the auto balance was functioning every single round. Players would get switched between teams without them even realizing it and while you think that might have been chaos, I think it tended to keep the teams a lot more balanced than they currently are now.

So what happened to that balance feature? Don't lie and say it never worked. It did work. I remember it working. Why is it no longer working anymore? Is it the same reason the zombie server has gone to shit?

:reddot:

Nemesis
04-12-2010, 10:11 AM
i used to be team-switched 2-3 times a map, but for the last while nothing has happened, so it looks like something has broken down, but doy uo expect much less here? of course something isn't working.:icon_mrgreen:

I LIKE TURTLES
04-12-2010, 11:49 AM
i used to be team-switched 2-3 times a map, but for the last while nothing has happened, so it looks like something has broken down, but doy uo expect much less here? of course something isn't working.:icon_mrgreen:

Nemesis, you are shitty. If you were switched, it was to sabotage the winning team.

OMGBEARS
04-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Admins are awesome at balancing teams!

I know I balance teams all the time. My rule - if they're in the top 10 they're with me. If they aren't in the top 100 they aren't.

Simple!

StarsMine
04-12-2010, 03:43 PM

I know I balance teams all the time. My rule - if they're in the top 10 they're with me. If they aren't in the top 100 they aren't.

Simple!

Yea but then they steal all your kills.

I LIKE TURTLES
04-12-2010, 03:48 PM

Simple!

LOL. Bears let's be friends. You made me laugh