PDA

View Full Version : LOTR Maps

Perry
04-13-2010, 10:50 PM
are gay, overrated:assault:, but yet nicely detailed and made.

sorry had to say it to someone.

THE HOLY SH**T!
04-13-2010, 10:55 PM

Own in every aspect.

- challenging
- Fun
- Well developed
- Balanced

That's if, there's no idiots ruining your fun. :icon_mrgreen:

Spasm
04-14-2010, 12:18 AM

Helms deep is good, I think the others are meh, ok but overrated

StarsMine
04-14-2010, 12:21 AM
- Balanced

Say what?

Jeimuzu
04-14-2010, 07:24 AM
I hate all escape maps.. So..

Well, except train escape.. I have good memories on that one.

Keep in mind, Bad Map Thursday is tomorrow!

BladeTwinSwords
04-14-2010, 07:49 AM

Trainescape is enjoyable indeed. I also think rooftop runway (the non-extended version) is ok.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-14-2010, 07:53 AM
first, i hate all lotr maps except for mount doom. that one is bearable...well that and rooftop runaway and jurrasic park. those three are bearable. what i want to know is on badmapthursday, do you count lotr maps as "good" or as "bad"...because i know you hate them, so they'd be "bad"...but they're played all the fucking time.

Perry
04-14-2010, 03:05 PM
most of the time yes the player noobs fuck everything up. like the bridge in one of the Jurassic Parks. dont ge me wrong whoever made LOTR maps made them very very well. the one i can stand is mines or moria i think its called. but the one where you have to prtoect the wall sucks so bad. Rooftop (non extended) escape is good. the Jurassic Park ones arent that bad. snoopie sucks with noobs who cade that room when they arent supposed too. i think my rant is more off we play the same crap everyday and the nomination menu is lacking good maps to play on. we need change.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-14-2010, 04:11 PM
see, jurrassic park is great w/ more than one admin on. one sends out white text saying "Don't blow the bridge on humans, you'll be kicked", then goes spec and waits. sooner or later, three kicks (maybe a 10min ban for repeats) and people will learn.

of course, this is all moot if knockback is still fucked up

Perry
04-14-2010, 04:30 PM
still is. but we gotta wait for zero i guess he has a lot on his plate.

mastercheff
04-14-2010, 05:01 PM

We need to play space station zz to commemerate Ethernet Thug for his fails on that map.

XxMastagunzxX
04-14-2010, 10:12 PM
You guys complain too much. Maps are not worth complaining over. I remember back in 2008 we had mic spammers all the time (nonstop spamming) and barely any admins. We also had people hacking the server and crashing it repeatedly.

Perry
04-14-2010, 10:27 PM
well since we have none of that we need to complain about something right? lol.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-14-2010, 10:50 PM
well since we have none of that we need to complain about something right? lol.

the fuck you talking about? zm has a ton of mic spammers, we can hear them from wcs sometimes. but we'll get revenge soon. the player catapult is almost finished. i'd like to introduce zm to THE SHADOW HUNTER and SANTA!!!

Perry
04-14-2010, 11:03 PM
we got enough noobs and retards in zmod. please send them to dual in pub.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-14-2010, 11:20 PM
we got enough noobs and retards in zmod. please send them to dual in pub.

knowing him though they'd become lifelong friends and suddeny have his protection

fucking patronage system

Perry
04-14-2010, 11:45 PM
another map that sucks ass when your a zombie? zm_scrapyard

XxMastagunzxX
04-15-2010, 12:02 AM
When I mean mic spammers I mean people would come play static sound for 4 hours until an admin got in.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-15-2010, 07:05 AM
another map that sucks ass when your a zombie? zm_scrapyard

fuck you. one of my fav. maps!!

Perry
04-15-2010, 01:50 PM
i know thats why i said it lol. those tunnels are bullshit lol!

acolyte_to_jippity
04-15-2010, 02:50 PM
the tubes are retarded, i just hide. i'll be the only human left alive for the last 2 min of the map. ^_^ it's definately a holdout/hide map more than a cade map.

BladeTwinSwords
04-16-2010, 06:27 AM
Well I am going to try to get people to play the less played maps more often to encourage more people to come in. I honestly get sick and tired of having to play escape maps for two hours straight just to appease the noobs without having them bitch at me about setting up map votes. I also get rather bored with maps we play about 30 times a day (roy highway {though it is awesome}, lila panic, and other one-sided maps) I think today I am going to try to play about every single map to weed out the bad ones (lego) and one sided ones.(factory v17)

acolyte_to_jippity
04-16-2010, 08:18 AM
lol, if the noobs bitch, wait for them to have disrespect and hitem w/ a mute. it's not their server. cade maps are better than escapes anyday. i used to think escapes were the best, but then james taught me to cade.

mastercheff
04-16-2010, 04:57 PM
lol, if the noobs bitch, wait for them to have disrespect and hitem w/ a mute. it's not their server. cade maps are better than escapes anyday. i used to think escapes were the best, but then james taught me to cade.

Hobo taught me to cade :S.

ZERO
04-16-2010, 05:31 PM
You guys complain too much. Maps are not worth complaining over. I remember back in 2008 we had mic spammers all the time (nonstop spamming) and barely any admins. We also had people hacking the server and crashing it repeatedly.

[old person voice]
Back in my day we just hit eachother with sticks. It did not matter what map we were on!

But seriously, there is always something. We are dealing with computers here and so it is expected that something is always going to be broken. :wtg:

mastercheff
04-16-2010, 07:02 PM
[old person voice]
Back in my day we just hit eachother with sticks. It did not matter what map we were on!

But seriously, there is always something. We are dealing with computers here and so it is expected that something is always going to be broken. :wtg:

Broken players. /Count me 1 boys

xx-DeCiMaToR-xx
04-17-2010, 12:34 AM
IMO, Mines of Moria was more fun when there was fast (speed, not class) zombies. If you were a CT, you had to turn and shoot a lot more often rather than just constantly running and jumping.

Helms Deep is probably my favorite LOTR map, although it messes up the server every so often depending on chance happenings when someone blows out the wall.

Mount Doom though is probably the best of all three. It has an excellent blend of defendable chokepoints, boobytraps, and other aspects which makes it a really fun map to play on.

wushu
04-17-2010, 09:12 AM
Own in every aspect.

- challenging
- Fun
- Well developed
- Balanced

That's if, there's no idiots ruining your fun. :icon_mrgreen:

Agreed, they are some of the best maps on the server

Clone
04-20-2010, 11:13 PM
I remember the good ol days when LOTR MOM (mines of moria) came to the server everyone was like OMFG this map ROCKS!!! this is so awesome holy shit COOL!!! then it became NOT THIS FUCKING MAP AGAIN! NOOOO.. OVERPLAYED... BUT we had some good times on that map aspecially when i would save gandalf at the YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!! good times......
P.S those good times happened when the fast zombies were WAY fast :D

Clone

demonater10
04-27-2010, 10:17 PM
I happen to resent your statement(s) regarding the LOTR maps, they all fucking suck. And my opinion is based off of 5-10 minutes of gameplay with some of the whitest honkies I've ever played with.