PDA

View Full Version : [Remove]

Spasm
04-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Map: sg_pump_arena
Reason: This map sucks. Period dot. Everytime I have ever gone to this map it gets rtv'd. It even has a graphics glitch causing the textures to look funny.

Map: gg_tesla
Reason: This map sucks. Period dot. Everytime I have ever gone to this map it gets rtv'd. It will kill your graphics card. Too Small. Only gets voted in because it has a cool name.

Map: gg_tesla_v2
Reason: Same as tesla

Map: ag_texture_city-komplex
Reason: Too Big & complex, always rtv'd. ALWAYS

Map: Dr3w_gg_deathmatch
Reason: Too Big, always gets rtv'd

Map: gg_indy_jones
Reason: Dark and too small. Always gets rtv'd

Map: Shotgun_ADSL
Reason: Another fail shotgun map made for shotguns, not GG

P.S. ZERO this thread is full of win on the map issue for GG.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2419

Nemesis
04-16-2010, 04:36 PM
whoa, pump area and shotgun are fun, they're quick games and they never get rtv'd.

the rest can go.

THE HOLY SH**T!
04-16-2010, 04:47 PM
whoa, pump area and shotgun are fun, they're quick games and they never get rtv'd.

the rest can go.

agreed.

Spasm
04-16-2010, 05:04 PM

the rest can go.

always rtv'd when im around. havent been playin as much GG as of late but a month ago always rtv'd

acolyte_to_jippity
04-16-2010, 11:37 PM
indy jones is fine. doesn't get rtv's when i play

Spasm
04-17-2010, 07:58 AM
indy jones is fine. doesn't get rtv's when i play

Like I said I am basing this on around the 1-5 month ago crowd, I have been playing other servers as of late, things may have changed. I personally do like any of those maps.

Kavinsky
04-17-2010, 01:37 PM
You can't please everyone otherwise your going to drive yourself crazy attending to everyones needs.

the basic jist of what I was saying is that maps that show up in everyones bad map list like testla do need to be removed.

you need to think objectively and not on personal preference on what maps should go and so far the only ones that show up under the heading of "are so bad and should be removed asap" are the tesla maps

otherwise this is going to turn into a debate about whats wrong with a trivial map rather than removing a bad one that everyone hates that's just taking up space and cluttering up the map selector

so basically if someone objects, drop that map from the list (unless there obviously trying to disrupt this process) and replace it with another bad one till we get a list of maps that should be removed that everyone agrees on

and THEN we can move on to the discussion about removing the iffy ones that were taken off the remove list earlier

StarsMine
04-17-2010, 04:51 PM
I like indy, however, TESLA and Komplex needs to go, now

ZERO
04-17-2010, 09:51 PM
gg_indy_jones is a good map but I will consider the others.

XX0wnsXY
04-17-2010, 10:54 PM
gg_indy_jones is a good map but I will consider the others.

Ok, but plz dont confuse Komplex with CS_Complex (joking btw), because Complex is utter win. In fact, I think you should consider a 24/7 complex server with game mode rotations. :D

acolyte_to_jippity
04-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Ok, but plz dont confuse Komplex with CS_Complex (joking btw), because Complex is utter win. In fact, I think you should consider a 24/7 complex server with game mode rotations. :D

first, i though that (about komplex vs. complex)

second, no. the map is good, but god does it suck after playing it 4 FUCKING TIMES IN ONE HOUR!!

XX0wnsXY
04-17-2010, 10:59 PM
first, i though that (about komplex vs. complex)

second, no. the map is good, but god does it suck after playing it 4 FUCKING TIMES IN ONE HOUR!!

Eh. You obviously don't understand the scale at which Complex is awesome. It's ok because if Zero doesn't do it, someone else will and he will say OH I should have listened to 0wns, because the owner of said server will be praised to no end and people will PRAISE HIM. Ok, im tired...obviously.

StarsMine
04-17-2010, 11:59 PM

You really like that map.

Nemesis
04-18-2010, 01:24 AM

I'm Nemesis, and i support this message.

Spasm
04-18-2010, 09:49 AM
My problem with indy jones is people tend to camp alot on it. It is dark and small, and the way the map is setup it makers it easy to camp.

Edit: Hell ZERO just remove the tesla maps and the ag_texture_city-komplex, those no one will stick up for ever. It would be a good start

Kavinsky
04-18-2010, 12:15 PM
FYI This is not a random map list. I went through all of these maps via my create a server option in CSS an hour ago.

gg_cirular - why this? because we've got three maps that are exactly like it in it's design,
better looking and they actually let the CT's get out of spawn (angry_overpass and xbox come to mind right off the bat)

gg_wmd_conduit - Just look at in CSS via the create a server thing, you know it's bad as soon as you see it for the first time.

gg_tesla_v2

gg_space_ggn - the gungame equivalent of 4 way space tunnel. Another one small room,
you go anywhere, you get shot kind of map that we already have plenty of on the server.

gg_simpsons_street - since we've already got two better versions of this map on the server,
gg_simpsons_x and fy_simpsons_neighbours that are both better in all respects

gg_roman_ggn_v2 - It's basically a worse designed, better looking version of gg_temple_arena

gg_kce_encampment - I don't think anyone really likes this map, just look at it and you'll know why.

gg_indy_jones - horrible covered in darkness with a blue glow map, comes up the most in the standard map votes
and gets put on because of its misleading cool sounding name.

gg_hellokitty_b1 - we've only played this map once and it was rtv'd off of in seconds,
just another open neighborhood map with blinding HDR and pink houses that we could do without.

gg_fy_fortress - a map that takes place in and outside of a small castle where you don't leave your spawn,
you just take cover and wait for them to come looking for you.

gg_doubleyellow_v1 - horrible map with a worse color scheme it's like a bad version of the combined maps gg obelisk
and gg gamecube all in one

gg_blizzard - another map we've only played once and rtv'd off of instantly
god awful textures too.

gg_bkh_high_low - like obelisk but with less character and a shittier design

gg_bkh_assault_runner - another bad one from the same author. One of the first gun game maps made and it shows,
its ugly simple and unremarkaible and gets rtv'd off of every time we go on it.

gg_7_gundust - just de dust turned into a gungame map, nothing really bad about it, its just unremarkable and generic.

fy_bunker_arena - just another generic boring map, nothing wrong with it I just dont like its extremely basic design

dr3w_gg_deathmatch - another huge map in the vain of gg_kce_encampment thats just as unremarkable so
I think no one will miss it

aim_ag_texture_agc - A generic texture map that has no unqiue qualities to it and has been done better before.

Granted they are all up for debate but I think these shouldn't be, there so awful I'd like to see them removed ASAP.

gg_indy_jones

gg_wmd_conduit

gg_tesla_v2

gg_hellokitty_b1

gg_doubleyellow_v1

gg_blizzard

gg_bkh_assault_runner

aim_ag_texture_agc

acolyte_to_jippity
04-18-2010, 01:39 PM
lol, indy_jones kicks ass, hello kitty's acutally a good map, blizzard is great...and wmd conduit's also great.

next.

Fireye
04-18-2010, 02:26 PM
gg_blizzard used to get some good play, it's an ok map, not terrific.

loka
04-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Most of these maps are based on personal opinion. Every map is going to get RTV'd. I personally like lego mafia and everyone seems to have their preference to it. I like it because I rush in and get as many kills as I can. I can't stress enough that mentioning maps is not going to get it deleted if others enjoy playing it.

Kavinsky
04-18-2010, 06:09 PM
actually ya know what? fuck it this isnt going to get us anywhere and hasn't in the past. lets focus on getting good maps added, owns' you said you knew a few what are they?

StarsMine
04-18-2010, 08:22 PM
OK lets avoid the OK maps and just remove shitty ones, many of those maps you listed arnt that bad, I personally like High_low

Spasm
04-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Can we just agree on tesla tesla_v2 and city-komplex? lol

loka
04-18-2010, 09:08 PM
You missed my point Kavinsky. Those maps might be bad for you. But others will say they like it. It needs to be discussed within people who play. Personally tesla needs to be removed. It kills the server half the time.

StarsMine
04-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Can we just agree on tesla tesla_v2 and city-komplex? lol

Yes, yes we can. There are some other shitty maps Id like to talk about but I dont remeber there names, like that one thats like a bunch of flat dominoes with no walls except for a shitty piller in the middle.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Yes, yes we can. There are some other shitty maps Id like to talk about but I dont remeber there names, like that one thats like a bunch of flat dominoes with no walls except for a shitty piller in the middle.

hey, vectron's pure motherfucking unadulterated pwnage.

seriously, it's one of those maps everyone bitches about when they first see it, but then once they start playing it they end up loving it

StarsMine
04-18-2010, 10:07 PM
hey, vectron's pure motherfucking unadulterated pwnage.

seriously, it's one of those maps everyone bitches about when they first see it, but then once they start playing it they end up loving it

I hate vectorn...

Edit: You know there is always going to be that one oddball who likes a shitty map. I think we should do what that one guy suggested and have a vote and if 80% of the people say to remove the map, it get removed.

XX0wnsXY
04-19-2010, 02:07 AM
aim_shotty
fy_playhard_null
gg_ag_texture_arena
fy_weaver-closecombat
gg_fy_poolday_reunion (I suggest replacing the current shitty one with this much better version)
gg_minesweeper
Run_An_Gun_Fix
gg_pistol_3floor
aim_cartonbox2

These are just a few that I can think of off of the top of my head. These maps have always been popular and never get RTV'd. I think you should consider adding them, atleast for a trial basis, Zero.

Spasm
04-19-2010, 08:09 AM
aim_shotty
fy_playhard_null
gg_ag_texture_arena
fy_weaver-closecombat
gg_fy_poolday_reunion (I suggest replacing the current shitty one with this much better version)
gg_minesweeper
Run_An_Gun_Fix
gg_pistol_3floor
aim_cartonbox2

These are just a few that I can think of off of the top of my head. These maps have always been popular and never get RTV'd. I think you should consider adding them, atleast for a trial basis, Zero.

Just an FYi if you read his posts those need to be posted in a new thread labeled [ADD], that was the whole purpose of this new section :) <3

Kavinsky
04-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Yeah I know but it seemed like it was turning into a repeat of last time hence the outburst, figures after 3 weeks of playing im already getting sick of the map selection that keeps poping up, I think frankly the only way this is going to work is if we flood the server with good maps to outnumber the bad ones

well at the very least can we agree on gg_doubleyellow_v1 and gg_bkh_assault_runner being slated for removal?

I dont really care that much about the others but these two in particualar were painfull to playthrough and gg bkh is a really old map that we hardly play anymore that lolsbian doesnt like either.
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/62008

mastercheff
04-20-2010, 05:22 PM
actually ya know what? fuck it this isnt going to get us anywhere and hasn't in the past. lets focus on getting good maps added, owns' you said you knew a few what are they?

I liek his teh thinking.

ZERO
06-15-2010, 05:02 PM
All but indi removed.