PDA

View Full Version : "unskin" awp

acolyte_to_jippity
04-23-2010, 12:15 PM
sooo...i hate the awp. the sight of it, the cheapness of it, everything. there are no good skins i can find which encase my disdain for it, do i'd like to simply de-skin it. if i keep the model intact, it should be bright purple/black in my view. what file would i want to delete to do that?

anex
04-23-2010, 02:27 PM
AWP Files located in your cstrike:

You can delete/replace files with blank ones or delete the folders here.

Materials\models\weapons\v_models\snip_awp

Replacing files is much easier then deleting them. For instance I replaced my "Fire in the hole" radio sound with a sound file that has no sound on it. I don't hear anything now when people throw nades. fpsbanana.com might have a deskinner... maybe..

Materials>models>weapons>v_models>snip_awp>v_awp.vmt
Materials>models>weapons>v_models>snip_awp>v_awp.vtf
Materials>models>weapons>v_models>snip_awp>v_awp_ref.vtf
Materials>models>weapons>v_models>snip_awp>v_awp_scope.tga
Materials>models>weapons>v_models>snip_awp>v_awp_scope.vmt
Materials>models>weapons>v_models>snip_awp>v_awp_scope.vtf
Materials>models>weapons>v_models>snip_awp>v_awp_scope_ref.tga
Materials>models>weapons>v_models>snip_awp>v_awp_scope_ref.vtf

If you can't locate your files, they are located in Program Files>Steam>steamapps. They are in GCF files (I don't know which one), you will need a decompiler to get the rid of the files you want.

Spasm
04-23-2010, 02:28 PM
In soviet russia, the awp de textures you

anex
04-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Oh you.. your hilarious Spasm.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1860&stc=1&d=1271997302

acolyte_to_jippity
04-23-2010, 03:04 PM
hmmm, what if i installed an awp skin, then deleted the .vct and vnt (i think those are the file types)? i don;t need a compiler when i install skins normally, so would that work?

anex
04-24-2010, 06:03 AM
I don't know, maybe. Try it. Though I would say that a safe bet would be to just replace those skin files with blank ones. Mess around with the skin files in Photoshop and just make the files transparent so that when you play ingame css will load up see through skins, which will make it "de-skinned"

acolyte_to_jippity
04-24-2010, 12:40 PM
but i want the purple and black shit.

anex
04-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Then I must send you to :google: for further instructions.