PDA

View Full Version : Zombie MOD Illegal cading list

Epic
04-26-2010, 02:37 PM
You guys really need a list of the illegal cading for your server. You would see plenty of people working and setting up a cade, then all of a sudden an admin spouts "GTFO of there. It's illegal. I'll ban you in 30 seconds if you don't."

So... Right I'll start out with just the tiny few I've heard of so far. If there's anything else you guys believe is illegal then add it to the list.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Glitching through maps is prohibited, i.e. locations where you're not legally able to get to.

tx_highschool_beta:
Cading in redroom

zm_scrapyard:
Cading under Elevator

zm_snoopie_711_final_fixed1:
Using Shelf in Middle Room

Edit: I'll come back to add pictures/videos of these incidents so you can learn and understand from them for future reference.

Perry
04-26-2010, 03:51 PM
in snoopie you cant cade the middle room on the main floor.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-26-2010, 03:53 PM
a hint, less commanding and more suggestive next time.

Jeimuzu
04-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Tell me two things.. What admins are banning cading spots, and what spots are they banning?

Middle room on snoopie? You mean the spawn room? You can cade there, just don't use the shelf.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-26-2010, 07:24 PM
the only place by the rules you're not allowed to cade is red room in highschool.

at least, that's how it's been since almost forever. people will talk about the wheelbarrow room on roy_highway, but that one's not illiegal.

the only addendum is "tubes"/"vents" etc. you can't cade them to seal off one end.

Perry
04-26-2010, 07:40 PM
Tell me two things.. What admins are banning cading spots, and what spots are they banning?

Middle room on snoopie? You mean the spawn room? You can cade there, just don't use the shelf.

i was always told no cading there period.

Epic
04-26-2010, 07:52 PM

Well today I was called out by an admin for cading under the elevator in scrapyard (the one where you use a coke machine to stop the elevator from going all the way down, making it possible to crawl inside with plenty of players) which was why it sparked interest in the need of an illegals list since I never knew about the location being bad... Even though I've seen people go under there plenty of times. If you think about it, it would be similar to tubing with it's size so I don't see why it would be illegal.

the only place by the rules you're not allowed to cade is red room in highschool.

So other maps and locations are not prohibited?

acolyte_to_jippity
04-26-2010, 08:01 PM
well, any "glitch" site is also out of bounds, though that's not so much illiegal spots as it is the "no exploiting glitches" rule.

other examples of glitch spots include the bathroom doors on some maps, you can stand there and the door won't be able to open, etc etc...

OMGBEARS
04-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Didn't we have a list of illegal spots made up already?

I'll have to do some searching for it.

Jeimuzu
04-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Want to know my list of cades I generally don't like people cading?

Using the shelf in Snoopie
Barricading the Red Room
The first floor of the Blue Building on 4corners (When I first thought of it I didn't realize how rigged it actually was.. So I don't use the cade anymore, and I ask other people not to as well.)
Glitching doors by mass pressing E (Note, glitched spots in walls I can get into on my first try every time.. So anyone in those are pretty much screwed when I'm on.)
Barricading vents on Holdout Mountain

There are probably more, but those are the main ones.

Anything else that people usually call "impossible" take a good 30 seconds to set up for me.. And if you're skilled enough to set up a cade properly, then you deserve to live.

The reason he probably said not to cade under the elevator in that one map is because there is a small place in the corner where you can go (behind cardboard) and the zombies can't get you.. Ever..

Swifcfer
04-27-2010, 08:24 PM
Well I remember when I was banned i went on zombie for fun, and i went under and elevator when it was coming down(i dint use an object just my body. There was nothing in front of the elevator just my self under it. (when i got under it was still possible to get in you just needed to crouch that's all) Anyways i dint even get a warning I see a zombie stare at me and then Kicked....

Jeimuzu
04-27-2010, 08:58 PM
I think Walter was the one who started this "No cading here!" BS. Him, and a few other admins awhile back were making up their own rules..

KɅΞW
04-29-2010, 12:39 AM
If the shelve in snoopie is illegal, shouldn't the money blocks and the big vending machine be considered illegal in some maps as well? Those objects are almost impossible to move as a zombie, especially the money blocks. The only time I've seen zombie successfully moved that thing was in tx_highschoolbeta at the auditorium. However, that's because we had 4-5 zombies on top of it and somehow managed to flip it over, but that's different from regular cading door ways and windows.

loka
04-29-2010, 03:21 AM
There was a thread like this where people named spots they deemed illegal. These are the obvious ones I know where people would get frozen/kicked/ then banned.

zm_lila_panic_v2 - money crate room
tx_highschool - red room
zm_ruinedtown - glitching the doors in the bathroom stalls
fiddlersgreen - glitching the elevator door

Spasm
04-29-2010, 09:03 AM
Want to know my list of cades I generally don't like people cading?

Using the shelf in Snoopie
Barricading the Red Room
The first floor of the Blue Building on 4corners (When I first thought of it I didn't realize how rigged it actually was.. So I don't use the cade anymore, and I ask other people not to as well.)
Glitching doors by mass pressing E (Note, glitched spots in walls I can get into on my first try every time.. So anyone in those are pretty much screwed when I'm on.)
Barricading vents on Holdout Mountain

There are probably more, but those are the main ones.

Anything else that people usually call "impossible" take a good 30 seconds to set up for me.. And if you're skilled enough to set up a cade properly, then you deserve to live.

The reason he probably said not to cade under the elevator in that one map is because there is a small place in the corner where you can go (behind cardboard) and the zombies can't get you.. Ever..

These spots need to be pointed out to me better, I have no idea where the red room is, or practically any of those. Hell I could make a mistake a break the rules, just because I am not sure where those spots are. I also think the admins do not do a good job of explaining where these spots are on ZM, when the map is being played.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-29-2010, 09:27 AM
well, the red room is...red.

if you find it, you'll know immediately

Jeimuzu
04-29-2010, 07:23 PM
These spots need to be pointed out to me better, I have no idea where the red room is, or practically any of those. Hell I could make a mistake a break the rules, just because I am not sure where those spots are. I also think the admins do not do a good job of explaining where these spots are on ZM, when the map is being played.

I don't know how all the other admins work, but I never ban people if I haven't seen them doing bad things before. I'll ask them kindly to not barricade there next round, if they comply, no harm done. If they don't, I'll freeze them. If they continue, I'd freeze them again until the map changes or they say sorry and ztele out lol..

Banning is the last resort for me. Though I use it against hackers and non-stop mic spammers like no tomorrow. I don't care who you are though, EVERYONE starts somewhere. If you don't feel like giving anyone a chance to make up for what they've done, then people will start to be the same way towards you.

Like I said before, most of these spots were noticed because of Walter and a few other admins who thought they were unfair.. If it was anything like a long time ago, people won't cade in these spots simply out of common courtesy.

There is a heavy vending machine in one of the Office maps, that Walter said was impossible to move. I walked up, and about two seconds later the people inside were dead. He stopped bitching about cading spots after that.

gas.
04-29-2010, 07:56 PM
well, the red room is...red.

if you find it, you'll know immediately
Basically, you'll know the red room immediately when you find it.

Don't forget glitching the elevator in hospital as well.

Most of the time the online admin makes up their own rules for the map being played anyway.

mag36
05-02-2010, 08:13 PM
I find zm_churchofmint where you push the giant Box to block the Archway in the basement. To be really cheap.

Jeimuzu
05-03-2010, 08:22 PM
I find zm_churchofmint where you push the giant Box to block the Archway in the basement. To be really cheap.

Takes 30-60 seconds to do it, and I've knocked it over before.

Kavinsky
05-04-2010, 12:08 AM
the only surefire 2 are the money room in zm lilla panic and the red room in high school.

and james I think this quotes better for your signature:
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." - Humphrey Bogart.

Spasm
05-04-2010, 10:15 AM
I don't know how all the other admins work, but I never ban people if I haven't seen them doing bad things before. I'll ask them kindly to not barricade there next round, if they comply, no harm done. If they don't, I'll freeze them. If they continue, I'd freeze them again until the map changes or they say sorry and ztele out lol..

Banning is the last resort for me. Though I use it against hackers and non-stop mic spammers like no tomorrow. I don't care who you are though, EVERYONE starts somewhere. If you don't feel like giving anyone a chance to make up for what they've done, then people will start to be the same way towards you.

Like I said before, most of these spots were noticed because of Walter and a few other admins who thought they were unfair.. If it was anything like a long time ago, people won't cade in these spots simply out of common courtesy.

There is a heavy vending machine in one of the Office maps, that Walter said was impossible to move. I walked up, and about two seconds later the people inside were dead. He stopped bitching about cading spots after that.

I have been playing and the map change to the one with the red room. I have seen admins immediately threaten hour bans for cading the red room. I am sitting here going wtf is the red room... I do agree with how you handle it james, but not every admin is so nice. Other spots may not be so obvious either, and btw I still dunno what that room is haha.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-04-2010, 10:22 AM
the red room should be known. i agree w/ an auto-hour for that one. annunce at beginning of map, and every other round and you're good.

it's pretty self-explanatory

TheLittlestHobo
05-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Let's add 1 more to the list here...

map: zm_420_beachstrike
spot: cading the entrance to the basement
why: because you can have more than 20 people in that spot...which makes it pseudo gay.

I recorded a demo just now showing the possibility of a map being removed because of something like this. I say, unless there are more than 2 entrances to a BIG BUILDING, you cannot barricade the front entrance to this BIG BUILDING.

Just a suggestion really. Attached is a demo of what I am describing.

KɅΞW
05-06-2010, 12:32 PM
I have been playing and the map change to the one with the red room. I have seen admins immediately threaten hour bans for cading the red room. I am sitting here going wtf is the red room... I do agree with how you handle it james, but not every admin is so nice. Other spots may not be so obvious either, and btw I still dunno what that room is haha.

Basically there are 2 secret red rooms, the one that is illegal to cade is the one with entrance inside the building close to CT spawn. I don't really ban people who cade that room anymore. I'd give them 30 seconds to remove the cade, if they don't comply, they'd be frozen and teleport out of the room.

Curdy
05-07-2010, 10:47 AM
this is actually pretty easy for regs and long term admins, its just common sense really, everyone should know spots like red room are a no go, as for money crate that depends lots of ppl whine bout that on lila, when they see it.

which is why i put it to the side of the shelf so they dnt (muwhahahaha)

TheLittlestHobo
05-07-2010, 05:05 PM
this is actually pretty easy for regs and long term admins, its just common sense really, everyone should know spots like red room are a no go, as for money crate that depends lots of ppl whine bout that on lila, when they see it.

which is why i put it to the side of the shelf so they dnt (muwhahahaha)

Such a random appearance at this sort of time. I want your voice inside me.

+1 for me for not mentioning anything that is relevant to anything about this topic...but come on...ITS CURDY!

Kavinsky
05-15-2010, 06:57 AM
speaking of irrelevant we oughta try an invite only server for the elite of ibis just for zm, it'd be interesting to see how it goes with a full server of old timers and the trustworthy newcomers.

30 capacity of course.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-15-2010, 01:28 PM
speaking of irrelevant we oughta try an invite only server for the elite of ibis just for zm, it'd be interesting to see how it goes with a full server of old timers and the trustworthy newcomers.

30 capacity of course.

i've suggested it before. hobo and james are the gatekeepers. only those of us who we know won't be assholes or annoying can come in though.

Epic
05-31-2010, 10:14 AM
If possible, please do announce before every map if there's a spot deemed to be illegal, but if they're not announced and you see someone in there don't just threat them to come out that instant...

I believe telling them ''next round'' to no do it again or face punishment is best. It'll to be more fair that way because... well if they come out then that's a 100% guarantee to turn into a zombie.

I see constant 'no warnings', but just straight forward punishment on unsuspecting players all the time. Of course they come from different servers so having enforced rules for ZM may be different for each and everyone.

... but for highschool redroom should be different since it's such an overplayed map many people should know how difficult it is to push the cade inside there.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-31-2010, 12:49 PM
there are only 2 official "illiegal spots". red room, and some vent in holdout_mountain?

in addition, any type of glitch such as glitching bathroom stall doors closed, or making elevators get stuck w/ you underneath are also not allowed. these rules are well known.

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-01-2010, 08:32 AM
I think Walter was the one who started this "No cading here!" BS. Him, and a few other admins awhile back were making up their own rules..

true that

Rezel
06-01-2010, 11:28 PM
I Suggest we make every single spot you can find illegal, that way people who sit in spec can watch idiots run around without a spot to hide.

hallwagner
06-02-2010, 03:21 AM
I Suggest we make every single spot you can find illegal, that way people who sit in spec can watch idiots run around without a spot to hide.

i actually think we should do a comprehensive study of sorts and make a list of suggestions of spots that should be illegal to cade and have zero or zero/all clan-members look at the list and co-operatively decide what should and should not be legal. i believe this is necessary because although i am a pretty good zm player, and can get in most cades, a majority of the players on zm are "noobs" and find it demoralizing that they cant get in a cade. and believe me, some of these spots are super cheap

Perry
06-02-2010, 05:26 AM
you got a 944.........

a v8 front engine porsche...with those funky ass headlights.

hallwagner
06-02-2010, 09:25 AM
you got a 944...a v8 front engine porsche...with those funky ass headlights.

its not technically mine yet, very soon though :icon_mrgreen: btw its a 1987 porsche 924 s with a 2 liter 4 cylinder. i wish it was v8 lol

Perry
06-02-2010, 02:11 PM
still......ew. lol have fun when the oil pump goes out lol

hallwagner
06-02-2010, 06:30 PM
still......ew. lol have fun when the oil pump goes out lol

HAHA its better than driving a toyota camry, even though all repairs are hella expensive and ill have to take out a fucking loan if anything major goes wrong :P

Perry
06-02-2010, 07:04 PM
hahaha. at least you wont die from a faulty gas pedal

acolyte_to_jippity
06-02-2010, 07:09 PM
hahaha. at least you wont die from a faulty gas pedal

hey! my dad owns 2 camery's. they're incredibly good cars. the white one is a 2000 with 170000+ miles on it, and the gold one is an '01 with about 75000 miles on it. The white one is just now starting to show it's age, and we've had to replace it's engine after i blew it up (ACCIDENTALLY!)

they run great, very quiet, plenty fuel efficient...

Perry
06-02-2010, 10:29 PM
ya so does my moms buick, and my brother in laws chevy lol.

Im sorry but when people say toyotas and hondas have the most reliability, from a mechanics standpoint, they are just another brand of car. nothin special econo boxes lol.

I had a Saturn Ion 2004. ran 300 thousand miles in the Southern Cali heat. not once did i blow anything in the engine. 1 radiator replaced, 2 water pumps and 3 batteries. plus the reg maintanence. I.E. tires, oil/trans fluid change, cv axles.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-02-2010, 11:34 PM
ya so does my moms buick, and my brother in laws chevy lol.

Im sorry but when people say toyotas and hondas have the most reliability, from a mechanics standpoint, they are just another brand of car. nothin special econo boxes lol.

I had a Saturn Ion 2004. ran 300 thousand miles in the Southern Cali heat. not once did i blow anything in the engine. 1 radiator replaced, 2 water pumps and 3 batteries. plus the reg maintanence. I.E. tires, oil/trans fluid change, cv axles.

oh, i'm not saying they're "god cars" or anything like that. just that the older camery's were not bad cars. in fact, they were pretty damn excellent. especially for people who don't work on them or customise or anything.

Perry
06-02-2010, 11:42 PM
they are good econo cars yes. but i will american over anything else first...but imo

hallwagner
06-04-2010, 08:11 PM
hey! my dad owns 2 camery's. they're incredibly good cars. the white one is a 2000 with 170000+ miles on it, and the gold one is an '01 with about 75000 miles on it. The white one is just now starting to show it's age, and we've had to replace it's engine after i blew it up (ACCIDENTALLY!)

they run great, very quiet, plenty fuel efficient...

i know they are....one of the most reliable cars on the planet, they are just boring and common

Rage
06-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Ok how about the fish tank in roy rombie ranch? Any other server i've played on that spot is deemed illegal because once you get two people in there, its pretty much hopeless to ever get them. I mean unless they are incredible stupid and get to close.

Perry
06-05-2010, 05:54 PM
no i have gotten them before. you need decoys and know where the secret door is to open it.

Rezel
06-06-2010, 01:17 AM
The counter statement to that parry & rage is that every spot can be noobified by total idiots watch you get into that spot, and then mess it up. If a pro zombie mod person gets into there its hard to get them out. This also goes both ways though, I think you need a better reason to ban a spot because its impossible to get a person out, its really dependent on who's in the spot, and do they know what they are doing?

acolyte_to_jippity
06-06-2010, 01:37 AM
the only reasons spots are declared as "illiegal" are because it's either:
a) glitching
or
b) impossible to get into, no matter who it is, or who is trying to get in. no offence to james, he can get in pretty much anywhere, and most all cades he makes are "unkillable", but i don't think he can get into a caded red-room. stuff like that, where the zombies cannot, physically, ever get in.

just because you have a tough time getting in somewhere, doesn't mean it should be illiegal

Rage
06-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Well if you get to average people in the fish tank, it is pretty much impossible to get them, unless they get to close, which most average players, and even a lot of noobs won't do.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-06-2010, 10:27 AM
there's still a difference. are the zombies physically able to get to them?

that's what i'm talking about. red room, the zombies cannot move the cade to get in. it's literally impossible to do. thus, illiegal.

Rage
06-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Depends if the zombies are smart enough to know where the door is. That being said, I suppose you can't wiegh the fact of how smart people are into whether or not a spot is illegal. If the spot is impossible to get to, some idiot can still fuck it up.

Rezel
06-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Well, you also got to remember now rage, if we start banning to many spots it makes admins jobs a lot harder to watch everything because there is so many banned spots. You know how it is already trying to get people out of the red room. On top of that, the more spots you remove the more yelling from admins, and the less happy the players are.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-06-2010, 11:18 AM
see, i'm one who dislikes spots that are too easy to defend. like in bumfight, you don't see me camping out on the rafters, no i go to the pipe outside and actually fight for my safety. or in, say, scrapyard. i don't go for the incredi-cheap pipes or doghouse, i find somewhere and hide my ass off.

DrTran
06-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Rafters is very easy with poison class and the doghouse is incredibly easy if you know how to push yourself through soda machines.

Rage
06-06-2010, 12:41 PM
see, i'm one who dislikes spots that are too easy to defend. like in bumfight, you don't see me camping out on the rafters, no i go to the pipe outside and actually fight for my safety. or in, say, scrapyard. i don't go for the incredi-cheap pipes or doghouse, i find somewhere and hide my ass off.

In scrapyard, i prefer in the garage underneath the car. Put an engine block in there with a tire, and its a pretty good challenge for either side.

Perry
06-06-2010, 01:35 PM
those pipes in scrapyard should be banned.

Rage
06-06-2010, 02:54 PM
They are actually quite easy to get into. We just played the map and I think only one round did anyone make it to the end being in those pipes.

Its like the wheelbarrow on roy highway. If you know what you are doing, its pretty easy to beat it.

Aero Blitz
06-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Another person complaining about those tubes, they are soooo easy to get into. Practice the timing, and you'll have no problems.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-26-2010, 09:06 AM
one that's been coming up lately,

on zm_abandoned_mall (i think thaqt's the name...it's the one w/out the subway or buss, with the gap and bestbuy...)
i've witnessed people shoving vending machines in the little hidden opening through the one trash can. as far as i can tell, it's completely impossible for a zombie to move them away, especially when the ct's pile all the other crap on top as well. i think cadeing the opening there should be banned.

Jeimuzu
07-30-2010, 04:20 PM
one that's been coming up lately,

on zm_abandoned_mall (i think thaqt's the name...it's the one w/out the subway or buss, with the gap and bestbuy...)
i've witnessed people shoving vending machines in the little hidden opening through the one trash can. as far as i can tell, it's completely impossible for a zombie to move them away, especially when the ct's pile all the other crap on top as well. i think cadeing the opening there should be banned.

I say you can cade that area, just don't shove a vending machine in the little hole to make it impossible.

Christmas
07-31-2010, 04:47 PM

I don't care if this is old, but the pipes are much easier to defend than the fucking rafters you moron.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-31-2010, 05:05 PM
I don't care if this is old, but the pipes are much easier to defend than the fucking rafters you moron.

:sigh:, that's cause people never pay attention in the rafters.

Christmas
07-31-2010, 06:56 PM
:sigh:, that's cause people never pay attention in the rafters.

The rafters are the highest traffic area in that map. What are you smoking?

acolyte_to_jippity
07-31-2010, 07:44 PM
The rafters are the highest traffic area in that map. What are you smoking?

exactly. three people can make it, if they pay attention since poisons are the only threats. however, folks wlways take potshots at any zombie they see, never glanceing behind them as i sail up and violate them w/ my tonfa (most kickass skin i've evr used btw)

Christmas
07-31-2010, 07:55 PM
exactly. three people can make it, if they pay attention since poisons are the only threats. however, folks wlways take potshots at any zombie they see, never glanceing behind them as i sail up and violate them w/ my tonfa (most kickass skin i've evr used btw)

This makes sense.

Poisons cause fits for people on the rafters, especially when there are multiple players who switch specifically to get people on the rafters.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-31-2010, 08:45 PM
This makes sense.

Poisons cause fits for people on the rafters, especially when there are multiple players who switch specifically to get people on the rafters.

but, they're the only ones who cause problems. imean, sure, if the folks cadeing in the cage fuck up, then others can get you. but knockback w/ poisins is so high that 3 people that are paying attention can cover both sides of the rafters poisons can reach (only one towards the end) easily

Christmas
07-31-2010, 11:56 PM
but, they're the only ones who cause problems. imean, sure, if the folks cadeing in the cage fuck up, then others can get you. but knockback w/ poisins is so high that 3 people that are paying attention can cover both sides of the rafters poisons can reach (only one towards the end) easily

That isn't as likely now that there are 40 people in the server at a time.

taz1stP
12-06-2010, 11:20 PM
i think that putting shit under crouch spots that are long as shit or have no room to move should be illegal.

anex
12-07-2010, 09:46 AM
What are some map examples so I can understand where you are coming from?

acolyte_to_jippity
12-07-2010, 02:09 PM
What are some map examples so I can understand where you are coming from?

420 beachstrike (stairs) is the first i can think of. but once in a while someone decides to bring a vening machine into a vent or some such thing and it's impossible to get them except on those few maps where you can glitch through machines

hallwagner
12-07-2010, 03:04 PM
420 beachstrike (stairs) is the first i can think of. but once in a while someone decides to bring a vening machine into a vent or some such thing and it's impossible to get them except on those few maps where you can glitch through machines

its kinda hard to glitch through machines in a crouch spot imo regardless of the map

B1ackOut
12-07-2010, 03:18 PM
just to be clear is cading the pipes on the one hospital map illegal, i dont remember which version it is, im pretty sure you can just sit there but you cant cade it rite?

taz1stP
12-07-2010, 06:39 PM

yes 420 is a good one and there are a few maps where noobs have got pissed b/c i told them they cant cade a vent with a vending machine and they say its not on the forms. so i think we should make the rule if theres 2 ways in you can cade it if only one person is in there and if there are 2 people then you cant cade it. but if only one way in then you shouldnt be able to cade. within reason.

hallwagner
12-07-2010, 07:22 PM
just to be clear is cading the pipes on the one hospital map illegal, i dont remember which version it is, im pretty sure you can just sit there but you cant cade it rite?

its remix, and 99% of admins say you cant cade it.

BladeTwinSwords
12-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Snoopies

In fact, I pretty much consider the spot illegal regardless.

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-08-2010, 06:08 AM
why is this a discussion. the only illegal cading spot is the red room...
that is it.

taz1stP
12-08-2010, 06:56 AM
if that was the only spot then i could go to winter-land or what ever its called put a vending machine into the vents all the way and be safe. b/c there is no way to get it out and that's not illegal. then lets just tell every one that the only spot that's illegal is cading the red room. then we can really see zm go to hell.

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-08-2010, 07:10 AM
if that was the only spot then i could go to winter-land or what ever its called put a vending machine into the vents all the way and be safe. b/c there is no way to get it out and that's not illegal. then lets just tell every one that the only spot that's illegal is cading the red room. then we can really see zm go to hell.

Zm is as far as it is going to be in hell until you lose your admin.

and if you can go and find me the rules that stat there is other places besides the red room that are not cadeble please share.

hallwagner
12-08-2010, 08:24 AM
i really think we do need a re-evaluation of the zm maps and cading possibilities and scenarios.

taz1stP
12-08-2010, 08:36 AM
i really think we do need a re-evaluation of the zm maps and cading possibilities and scenarios.

hall you should know that we dont have a say in this we must leave it up to the all knowing one that never plays zm and doesn't give 2 shits about it.

anex
12-08-2010, 09:48 AM
why is this a discussion. the only illegal cading spot is the red room...
that is it.

The reason red room is illegal is because you flip down a bookcase and instant win. There are several other places in different maps that are the exact same thing. We should compile a huge list of places that everyone thinks should be a banable spot, debate it and then have james sticky it to become official ibis law.

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-08-2010, 09:52 AM
The reason red room is illegal is because you flip down a bookcase and instant win. There are several other places in different maps that are the exact same thing. We should compile a huge list of places that everyone thinks should be a banable spot, debate it and then have james sticky it to become official ibis law.

now that is proactive thinking.

rather then deeming a spot illegal becuase it pisses you off or somthing, come here and post the spot, make your pleads muahaha

hallwagner
12-08-2010, 11:29 AM
hall you should know that we dont have a say in this we must leave it up to the all knowing one that never plays zm and doesn't give 2 shits about it.

lmao +1 :wtg: for once

anex
12-08-2010, 12:11 PM
now that is proactive thinking.

rather then deeming a spot illegal becuase it pisses you off or somthing, come here and post the spot, make your pleads muahaha

Like this for instance.

Zm_Snoopie711

Room at spawn cannot be caded with giant metal shelf
Cannot cade vents with vending machines on both sides.

Just makes lists like that and have a james sticky it a thread (once it has been decided) with all this massive info. Instead of just two people deciding something and regardless of what everyone else says.

taz1stP
12-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Like this for instance.

Zm_Snoopie711

Room at spawn cannot be caded with giant metal shelf
Cannot cade vents with vending machines on both sides.

Just makes lists like that and have a james sticky it a thread (once it has been decided) with all this massive info. Instead of just two people deciding something and regardless of what everyone else says.

that room should be ok b/c of how long it takes to make. it takes a good min or 2 to make that cade.

ZERO
12-08-2010, 03:11 PM
I will create a subform for this so that there can be an organized system for dealing with the processing of these locations. I will probibly do something simular to how the map suggestions are handled so that we can take each spot one at a time and compile a master list of spots that are not allowed. This can also allow me to go back later and edit those spots so that people can not even cade there if they wanted to. I say this b/c I think there is a way to actually define locations in the map that people can not cade from within zombie mod but I am not sure exactly how it works.

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-08-2010, 06:02 PM
I will create a subform for this so that there can be an organized system for dealing with the processing of these locations. I will probibly do something simular to how the map suggestions are handled so that we can take each spot one at a time and compile a master list of spots that are not allowed. This can also allow me to go back later and edit those spots so that people can not even cade there if they wanted to. I say this b/c I think there is a way to actually define locations in the map that people can not cade from within zombie mod but I am not sure exactly how it works.

Thank you!

hallwagner
12-08-2010, 08:35 PM

oh god yes, thanks

THE HOLY SH**T!
12-09-2010, 08:05 PM
i deem every spot that u have to put somethin in front of a doorway illegal and a perma banable offense

taz1stP
12-09-2010, 11:21 PM
i deem every spot that u have to put somethin in front of a doorway illegal and a perma banable offense

ok let me ban you right now then b/c every single person has done that or been in one like that.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-09-2010, 11:24 PM
ok let me ban you right now then b/c every single person has done that or been in one like that.

he was being sarcastic you stupid fuck

Rellikdloc
12-12-2010, 01:56 PM
so we can cade crouch spots?

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-12-2010, 04:53 PM
so we can cade crouch spots?

re read a page before this page.. the answers are all there.

Rellikdloc
12-12-2010, 08:50 PM
jus talks about red room and snoopie bs, thats not my question. i mean i can cade crouch spots from now on and u will never be able to get me, its cool with me. but i dont wanna hear from admins u cant cade crouch spots

acolyte_to_jippity
12-12-2010, 09:03 PM
jus talks about red room and snoopie bs, thats not my question. i mean i can cade crouch spots from now on and u will never be able to get me, its cool with me. but i dont wanna hear from admins u cant cade crouch spots

until an official word comes own from james or zero, if an admin tells you not to cade them, don't cade them

taz1stP
12-12-2010, 09:43 PM
until an official word comes own from james or zero, if an admin tells you not to cade them, don't cade them

if you question it dont do it.

Pit_Viper1
12-13-2010, 05:41 AM
The problem here is certain admins are contradicting others. How is the player supposed to take one admin telling them a spot is legal and then another coming in and taking action against them for using the same spot. We don't need one or two admins who "think" they know better then all of the regulars coming in and ruining the game experience by allowing players to use cheap spots that are neigh impossible to break. Yes there is a difference between taking a minute or two to make a really good cade and shoving a vending machine/shelf/bookcase in a small opening then camping with the para. All that does is piss off the players who play in the server all the time and make the admins who are trying to make the server enjoyable by banning cheap spots look stupid.

But that is just my two cents.

Rellikdloc
12-13-2010, 11:07 AM
yay viper!

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-13-2010, 11:57 AM
The problem here is certain admins are contradicting others. How is the player supposed to take one admin telling them a spot is legal and then another coming in and taking action against them for using the same spot. We don't need one or two admins who "think" they know better then all of the regulars coming in and ruining the game experience by allowing players to use cheap spots that are neigh impossible to break. Yes there is a difference between taking a minute or two to make a really good cade and shoving a vending machine/shelf/bookcase in a small opening then camping with the para. All that does is piss off the players who play in the server all the time and make the admins who are trying to make the server enjoyable by banning cheap spots look stupid.

But that is just my two cents.

dont speak for other people. like aco said, there is no "rule" on spots other then red room yet. Some admins have issues creating rules up while in the server that arnt rules at all, that is probualy why you are so frustrated.

but in any case if one of those retarded admins make up a rule obey it unfortunately.

(though i think its dumb if an admin punishes someone who isnt breaking an actual rule. i.e. cading in a crouch spot with a vending machine)

Rezel
12-13-2010, 06:21 PM
The easiest way to define if a barricade is illegal is by a few factors:

1. How long it requires to put the barricade together
2. How unbreakable the barricade is depending on time required:
3. How many objects are being used to build the barricade, and how unmovable are they?

Those are the three things that we should be basing "illegal spots" on. With all the skilled players you have most of the barricades can be, and are already quite unbreakable; good examples of these are spots like the redroom in high school beta, they are bannable because you are blocking a crouch spot, and it requires a few seconds to set up a seemingly unbreakable cade; unlike my favorite room on that map which takes quite a bit of work to build it, but once completed is literally unbreakable. As for the last rule, There is certain objects that we use in our daily cading expeditions: such as shelf, book case, vending machine, and couch. Though this may be true, we can all agree objects which make it impossible to break by using 1-2 items (money crate, shelf) definitely should be on that list.

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-14-2010, 03:32 AM
The easiest way to define if a barricade is illegal is by a few factors:

1. How long it requires to put the barricade together
2. How unbreakable the barricade is depending on time required:
3. How many objects are being used to build the barricade, and how unmovable are they?

Those are the three things that we should be basing "illegal spots" on. With all the skilled players you have most of the barricades can be, and are already quite unbreakable; good examples of these are spots like the redroom in high school beta, they are bannable because you are blocking a crouch spot, and it requires a few seconds to set up a seemingly unbreakable cade; unlike my favorite room on that map which takes quite a bit of work to build it, but once completed is literally unbreakable. As for the last rule, There is certain objects that we use in our daily cading expeditions: such as shelf, book case, vending machine, and couch. Though this may be true, we can all agree objects which make it impossible to break by using 1-2 items (money crate, shelf) definitely should be on that list.

patience is a virtue xD

WCS first :o

the nogo z cade list needs to be thought out.

Rezel
12-14-2010, 10:55 AM
patience is a virtue xD

WCS first

the nogo z cade list needs to be thought out.

Agreed, but what I posted is just a general basis to put into peoples minds.

hallwagner
12-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Agreed, but what I posted is just a general basis to put into peoples minds.

yes, but what you gave to us requires admins to formukate an opinion on what your idea of an illegal cade is. admins to admin their rules will still differ on saying that some cades are legal and some are not. the rules should not be open to interpretation, there should be a solid list of cades, map by map, which state the cade is illegal.

taz1stP
12-14-2010, 11:37 PM
we need to make a list then see what the admin of zm say on the spots. and have zero approve them

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-15-2010, 06:43 AM
we need to make a list then see what the admin of zm say on the spots. and have zero approve them

or we do nothing that you suggest. Your opinions are void considering you abuse ZM as if you were a god.

Since everyone is only throwing out suggestions i have taken it upon myself to test spots on maps.

Skiping the escape maps iv started on the first 10 most played cade maps on the psycostats
http://www.ibisgaming.com/zm_stats/maps.php

if a map has no spots that would be deemed unfair i will put OPEN
otherwise ill list a spot with detail on how it would be considered unfair.

note im only trying to take a little bit of leadership on this seemingly huge ordeal for ZM folk.
everything i post below is up for 100% discussion if it seems in any way unreasonable.

1. Highschool
-Red Room, Cading with bookcase or any item
- Putting a vending machine underneath stage
2. Desert Fortress
- Vending machine in tube on second floor
3. Lila Panic v2
- OPEN
4. Roy the Ship
- A few questionable spots
5. 420_Beach Stike
- Mass cading Basement
- Cading under stairs near spawn
6. Lila Panic
- Cading Vent in basement with a vending machine
7. Bumfight v2
- OPEN
8. Snoopie 711
- OPEN
9. Roy highway
-Vending machine understairs that lead up to the car.
10. Scrap Yard
- Vending machine and glitching the car crusher
- Vending machine in Dog House
11. Silent Hill
-Cading the room with the giant box and the file cabinets. The entrance is too small to knock over the box and the file cabinets can be wedged so that they cant be pulled down.

Rellikdloc
12-15-2010, 11:41 AM
anything in a crouch spot that makes it impossible to get some1 unless there are two ways in like 420 beachstrike under the stairs 1 side can be caded

Rezel
12-15-2010, 11:47 AM
I agree with most of that list, other than the vending machine on the 2nd floor. There really is no spot in Desert fortress that really should be illegal. That spot is extremely easy to break.

As for the vending machine in the dog house, it is so small that you can throw back the vending machine and tag them.

BladeTwinSwords
12-15-2010, 12:22 PM
zm_silent_hill

Cading the room with the giant box and the file cabinets.

The entrance is too small to knock over the box and the file cabinets can be wedged so that they cant be pulled down.

taz1stP
12-15-2010, 12:24 PM
or we do nothing that you suggest. Your opinions are void considering you abuse ZM as if you were a god.

Since everyone is only throwing out suggestions i have taken it upon myself to test spots on maps.

Skiping the escape maps iv started on the first 10 most played cade maps on the psycostats

note im only trying to take a little bit of leadership on this seemingly huge ordeal for ZM folk.
everything i post below is up for 100% discussion if it seems in any way unreasonable.

1. Highschool
2. Desert Fortress
3. Lila Panic v2
- OPEN
4. Roy the Ship
5. 420_Beach Stike
- Mass cading Basement
6. Lila Panic
- i dont think this is even a map on the server any more.
7. Bumfight v2
- OPEN
8. Snoopie 711
- OPEN
9. Roy highway
-OPEN
10. Scrap Yard
you think just b/c you start to play zm for a week that you run it fuck you

acolyte_to_jippity
12-15-2010, 01:26 PM

he's played zm 15 more hours than you. he has 256, you have 241...

you think just because people respond to you that we like you. fuck you

an mikey, good start, only thing i'll add is
roy_the_ship: vending machine under stairs

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-15-2010, 06:35 PM

he's played zm 15 more hours than you. he has 256, you have 241...

you think just because people respond to you that we like you. fuck you

an mikey, good start, only thing i'll add is
roy_the_ship: vending machine under stairs

the stairs in roy ship ill edit it.

Cute insult. Here is another fun fact toher then me having more hours played then you.
i started playing ZM may of 2009 that is a little more then a year before you <3

taz1stP
12-15-2010, 08:09 PM
the stairs in roy ship ill edit it.

Cute insult. Here is another fun fact toher then me having more hours played then you.
i started playing ZM may of 2009 that is a little more then a year before you <3

here is a fun fact this isnt my first account that i played with i use to have diff account that i played with. before i fished my comp.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-15-2010, 08:11 PM
here is a fun fact this isnt my first account that i played with i use to have diff account that i played with. before i fished my comp.

were you as well-liked (or lack thereof) back then as you are now?

taz1stP
12-15-2010, 08:58 PM
were you as well-liked (or lack thereof) back then as you are now?

no i didnt get on much i got on when i was bored of reg css. but since i lost my old sever i use to play css on i just play ibis. b/c evry on is a awp whore.

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-15-2010, 10:14 PM
no i didnt get on much i got on when i was bored of reg css. but since i lost my old sever i use to play css on i just play ibis. b/c evry on is a awp whore.

at which point does anything you have to say become relevant to this thread.

For everyone else, keep giving ideas of maps i should check out and spots you come up with and i will update the list i started on the page before this.

hallwagner
12-16-2010, 02:12 AM

1. Highschool
2. Desert Fortress
3. Lila Panic v2
- OPEN
4. Roy the Ship
5. 420_Beach Stike
- Mass cading Basement
6. Lila Panic
7. Bumfight v2
- OPEN
8. Snoopie 711
- OPEN
9. Roy highway
10. Scrap Yard
11. Silent Hill
-Cading the room with the giant box and the file cabinets. The entrance is too small to knock over the box and the file cabinets can be wedged so that they cant be pulled down.

i would also say for roy highway, putting the cading the shed that is attached to the house adjacent spawn. i think all thats availiable is a wheelbarrow and a barrel tho, but i've heard numerous admins say its illegal.

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-16-2010, 08:37 AM
i would also say for roy highway, putting the cading the shed that is attached to the house adjacent spawn. i think all thats availiable is a wheelbarrow and a barrel tho, but i've heard numerous admins say its illegal.

those admins are probualy taz and newer admins.. i know for a fact if im playing as a deformed (the zombie that crawls with out legs) i can get into that cade.. as a matter of fact it is even easier now after the most resent updates and physics on the server.

i apologize now to all, for the double post but all im doing is reposting my list with more additions.

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-16-2010, 08:43 AM

1. Highschool

2. Desert Fortress

3. Lila Panic v2

- cading basement level with the cash box, (book case, the 2 vending machines and couchs are fine)
- Puting a vening machine in the crawl space on basement level

4. Roy the Ship

5. 420_Beach Stike

- Mass cading Basement

6. Lila Panic and v2

- cading floor below tubes with the money box

7. Bumfight v2

- OPEN

8. Snoopie 711

- OPEN

9. Roy highway

10. Scrap Yard

11. Silent Hill

12. Abandoned Mall
- Cading the garbage crawl space with a vending machine (implying shooting a vending machine all the way to the entrance of the garabage can, not stacking up vending machines standing up like me and james used to do)

Rellikdloc
12-16-2010, 03:24 PM
cant argue with a jackass they are always right , cough cough ^

hallwagner
12-16-2010, 03:30 PM

1. Highschool

2. Desert Fortress

3. Lila Panic v2

- cading basement level with the cash box, (book case, the 2 vending machines and couchs are fine)

4. Roy the Ship

5. 420_Beach Stike

- Mass cading Basement

6. Lila Panic and v2

7. Bumfight v2

- OPEN

8. Snoopie 711

- OPEN

9. Roy highway

10. Scrap Yard

11. Silent Hill

12. Mall beta (i am not sure if it is called malled beta or not, please correct me)
- Cading the garbage crawl space with a vending machine (implying shooting a vending machine all the way to the entrance of the garabage can, not stacking up vending machines standing up like me and james used to do)

#12 is not mall beta its ghs abandoned mall or something

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-16-2010, 04:38 PM
#12 is not mall beta its ghs abandoned mall or something

thanks ill update it now!

cant argue with a jackass they are always right , cough cough ^

you were one of the many complaining with what you thought were the rules, now you know.. there rules in the making. please leave you insults out of a thread you seemed to be so interested in, when you were arguing with me in the server.

Darkphoenix
12-16-2010, 05:33 PM
about beachstrike under the stairs, can you cade just one side because you can still get them from the other

Rellikdloc
12-16-2010, 07:20 PM
like i said..

acolyte_to_jippity
12-16-2010, 07:57 PM
about beachstrike under the stairs, can you cade just one side because you can still get them from the other

i still think that shouldn't be allowed. it's a tube.

-blink-
12-17-2010, 10:09 AM

1. Highschool
2. Desert Fortress
3. Lila Panic v2
- OPEN
4. Roy the Ship
5. 420_Beach Stike
- Mass cading Basement
6. Lila Panic
7. Bumfight v2
- OPEN
8. Snoopie 711
- OPEN
9. Roy highway
10. Scrap Yard
11. Silent Hill

-------> 2..desert fortress--2nd floor tube cade--its not impossible to get in..rather easy..many diff ways to get in..(recalled its not illegal)

-------> 8..snoopie 711--big shelf to block doorway in that little room by itself..

-------> 4..roy the ship--green cabinet under the stairs

Note***** illegal cading spots are spots that are basically impossible to get in not just spots that take a long time to get in..(and just because somebody has made a good cade and that its impossible to get in its a illegal cade spot)..

Steamer
12-17-2010, 10:52 PM
You people cry too much.

Out of all the maps mikey listed besides Silent Hill ( never played)* & Highschool (red room)* the only map (Abandoned Mall) with a spot 100% untouchable is the blue (eletrical box?) thing that leads to a hallway with boxes and vending machines and a little upstairs loft.

The main reason zombie players can't get in many places is because of shitty teamwork and because of some health changes on certain zombies (Zombie stats from 08 were and still would be "perfect"....).

If the server wasn't full of idiots many of those "hard" and "cheap" spots would be easily breakable.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-17-2010, 11:17 PM
You people cry too much.

Out of all the maps mikey listed besides Silent Hill ( never played) the only map (Abandoned Mall) with a spot 100% untouchable is the blue (eletrical box?) thing that leads to a hallway with boxes and vending machines and a little upstairs loft.

The main reason zombie players can't get in many places is because of shitty teamwork and because of some health changes on certain zombies (Zombie stats from 08 were and still would be "perfect"....).

If the server wasn't full of idiots many of those "hard" and "cheap" spots would be easily breakable.

not red room.

Steamer
12-17-2010, 11:47 PM
not red room.

Fixed.

BladeTwinSwords
12-17-2010, 11:56 PM
That room in Silent Hill is 100% unbreakable. Even if you knock the box over, it's still bigger than the door entrance. Pulling does nothing. The file cabinets are too wide for the entrance and they can't be knocked back. This cade takes about 15 seconds to make.

And by 100% unbreakable, I mean 100% unbreakable when no fucking dipshits are in the cade and nade it or get too close.

Steamer
12-18-2010, 12:12 AM
Just like then vending machine in the blue box.

taz1stP
12-18-2010, 03:40 AM
That room in Silent Hill is 100% unbreakable. Even if you knock the box over, it's still bigger than the door entrance. Pulling does nothing. The file cabinets are too wide for the entrance and they can't be knocked back. This cade takes about 15 seconds to make.

And by 100% unbreakable, I mean 100% unbreakable when no fucking dipshits are in the cade and nade it or get too close.

snoopy the spawn room is 100 unbreakable

BladeTwinSwords
12-18-2010, 03:50 AM
snoopy the spawn room is 100 unbreakable

You mean the shelf room? It 'can' be broken. There is a very specific spot on the shelf that can let a zombie through. It is excessively glitchy and more than likely won't happen.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-18-2010, 11:26 AM
You mean the shelf room? It 'can' be broken. There is a very specific spot on the shelf that can let a zombie through. It is excessively glitchy and more than likely won't happen.

by "spawn room" do you mean a room where people spawn? in which case, !ztele would kill them all?

hallwagner
12-18-2010, 03:19 PM
by "spawn room" do you mean a room where people spawn? in which case, !ztele would kill them all?

no, the room beside spawn. you'll know it when you see it. its a small ass room with like only one thing to cade with (that one thing also happens to be an enormous heavy shelf that takes a long ass time to put in place)

acolyte_to_jippity
12-18-2010, 03:26 PM
no, the room beside spawn. you'll know it when you see it. its a small ass room with like only one thing to cade with (that one thing also happens to be an enormous heavy shelf that takes a long ass time to put in place)

oh! wow, yeah. forgot which map was snoopie. that spot takes along time to make, so i on't think it shoul be illiegal.

taz1stP
12-18-2010, 06:00 PM
oh! wow, yeah. forgot which map was snoopie. that spot takes along time to make, so i on't think it shoul be illiegal.

that was what i was saying but it is unbreakable

acolyte_to_jippity
12-18-2010, 06:25 PM
that was what i was saying but it is unbreakable

the thing i hate about it is that asshats always put vending machines all ovr spawn, so that when zombies !ztele, they get stuck, and thus the people in that cade have an easy kill.

i wish zero woul bring back the random ztele

Steamer
12-18-2010, 10:00 PM
i wish zero woul bring back the random ztele

If i'm not mistaken that plugin no longer works anymore.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-01-2011, 06:56 PM
.. zm will never get better if we cant establish a rule base and illeagle cade spot list. This stupid arguing over spots needs to end.

here is the list i have so far. please keep it going and add to the list and repost.

Id like for Clan to please keep this thread clean and strictly about what this thread was meant for (cade spots) Thank you.

Id like to list ALL ZM cade maps weather or not they have any impossible spots.

1. Highschool

2. Desert Fortress

3. Lila Panic v2

4. Roy the Ship

5. 420_Beach Stike

- Mass cading Basement

6. Lila Panic and v2

7. Bumfight v2

- OPEN

8. Snoopie 711

- OPEN

9. Roy highway

10. Scrap Yard

11. Silent Hill

12. Abandoned Mall

anex
02-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Actually Mikey, Zero has already made a sub forum for illegal cading spots. I don't know about you but I hate going through threads like this to find out if a certain spot is illegal. So what I propose we do is make threads in here (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61), make the thread name the name of the map and post screen shots with a description of that particular illegal area.

That way it will be much easier to navigate and much more organized.

Rezel and I were actually going to go through the maps on the zm going from A to Z and find places the should be deemed illegal on a certain criteria (including spots that are already illegal). That criteria being...

1.) how long it takes to put together
2.) what is required to build it
3.) location
4.) how easily it can be destroyed

Create a much more definitive listing and clear up a lot of miscommunication in the server. We could definitely use some help on that... because just with us two going through all the maps would take awhile. I have a three day weekend coming up, so I am going to try to pick up the ball on this and get a lot of work done.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Actually Mikey, Zero has already made a sub forum for illegal cading spots. I don't know about you but I hate going through threads like this to find out if a certain spot is illegal. So what I propose we do is make threads in here (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61), make the thread name the name of the map and post screen shots with a description of that particular illegal area.

That way it will be much easier to navigate and much more organized.

Rezel and I were actually going to go through the maps on the zm going from A to Z and find places the should be deemed illegal on a certain criteria (including spots that are already illegal). That criteria being...

1.) how long it takes to put together
2.) what is required to build it
3.) location
4.) how easily it can be destroyed

Create a much more definitive listing and clear up a lot of miscommunication in the server. We could definitely use some help on that... because just with us two going through all the maps would take awhile. I have a three day weekend coming up, so I am going to try to pick up the ball on this and get a lot of work done.

o yea, i forgot about that, i remember discussing stuff regarding screen shots and demos ect.

slipstream
08-22-2011, 09:19 AM
If a spot is completely impossible for a zombie, is it still legal? on beach strike in the glass room, it takes all of 10 seconds to set up the cade, and from there it is near impossible, i think if the humans stopped shooting and let the zombies try to move the stuff they might be able to get in. Plus there is usually more than 1 person. Zombies cannot crouch on top of the obstacles either and the entrance is roughly door size (normal door size) so pulling out the couch/vending machine doesnt work because they can be shot back into place with 1 shot. I think think it should be limited to 1 person and only 1 prop, its too hard. Making this post while on the map, 4 people in one of the rooms in the glass room, 1 person in the other room across the way.

B1ackOut
08-22-2011, 09:31 AM
If a spot is completely impossible for a zombie, is it still legal? on beach strike in the glass room, it takes all of 10 seconds to set up the cade, and from there it is near impossible, i think if the humans stopped shooting and let the zombies try to move the stuff they might be able to get in. Plus there is usually more than 1 person. Zombies cannot crouch on top of the obstacles either and the entrance is roughly door size (normal door size) so pulling out the couch/vending machine doesnt work because they can be shot back into place with 1 shot. I think think it should be limited to 1 person and only 1 prop, its too hard. Making this post while on the map, 4 people in one of the rooms in the glass room, 1 person in the other room across the way.

You would think it would be near impossible, but you are sadly very, very mistaken.

Rosie
08-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Deffinately not impossible. A pain in the ass yes, but not impossible. If put in the situation understand that teamwork is needed and someone is going to die.

slipstream
08-22-2011, 11:01 AM
4 people in the room, you can't jump inside with a crouch jump, and you can't push or pull the couch/vending machine because the rooms are too small to flip them, but then again, we can't flip them because you can't get close enough in the first place. Once inside the room, you can't freely jump over the couches and vending machines either, you are now crouching, so if by some miracle the zombies can flip the object and get far enough inside, they now can only get in 1 at a time, while being shot at by 4+ people at once while making no progress forward and can only escape by using !ztele. By the time the zombies could even get to the point of flipping the couch and possibly getting one zombie inside crouching on top of the couch, hoping he survives, the round will probably be over. I think there needs to be a player limit.

imagine 4 people in a room set up like this, the entrance at the bottom where the prop is sticking out, but cannot be pulled out because of the angle, it gets stuck in the doorway at the angle, too far away from the wall to flip even if the 4 humans didnt shoot you through the glass, and the door way not high enough to get inside while crouching. its actually a bit longer, the prop near the back wall would not be reached from the fence on the outside. Unless a human purposely stands in the doorway, they are not getting tagged.
http://i55.tinypic.com/30j09xl.png
I remember now why I hated the map after replaying it earlier today.

Steamer
08-22-2011, 05:22 PM
The spot is completely breakable with enough zombies and teamwork. Even with 15 humans in it and 5 or more in the other room. Has been on the server for years, zombies have broken it for years (with no idiots screwing up). It's called teamwork. Something very lacking anymore.

Bane of Soldiers
08-22-2011, 05:55 PM
It's called teamwork. Something very lacking anymore.

Especially on escape :wtg:

And there isn't a need for it to be made illegal. If the humans set it up and the zombies are left to break it without intervention, the zombies can break it easy. It would only be a problem if they can't. Just because the humans are harassing you, it doesn't make it illegal worthy. As Priest said earlier, difficult is only impossible when you're lazy

dontbescaredhomie
09-10-2011, 06:44 PM

very fair admin...

Bane of Soldiers
09-10-2011, 07:00 PM
very fair admin...

That's James for you. If he was active and if it weren't for some rank whores, he'd be the number #1 zm player on the list. Very tolerant clan member with wicked barricading skills to boot :wtg:

Meltdown
02-05-2012, 03:19 PM
It is sad to see that there is so less teamwork that it is almost impossible to break some cades, I was just wondering since i'm not feeling to read all pages if there list on the first page is still the 3 main illegal cade spots if not can someone update the list.

Meltdown
04-08-2012, 02:53 AM
I got spot in novum i want to know if it is illegal or legal to cade with vent

mag36
04-08-2012, 08:42 AM
the biggest thing i notice is cade spot can be very hard to break. But like in any zombie movie, pretty much is a human error is what gets them all killed. Been several time all i had to do is get a human to try to shoot me and they break the cade for me. Most spots can be easily broken. it just takes teamwork and stupidity from the some inside the cade

anasiansenior
07-29-2012, 03:19 AM
I was not weary of the cading rules because I came from other servers where no such thing exists. So I'm playing on the beach strike map and I follow some players into a small room. Once inside an admin types in chat for us to !ztele and I ask why. He then replies by saying "you are breaking the cading rules get out or I will slay you". So I ask what the "cading" means and he just brushes off my question and says "omg im not even going to explain" while another player who claims to be a moderator was typing "cry some more" in order to antagonize me. I proceeded to ask again and I was just slayed along with three other people and we never received a clear answer. After looking at the server rules I learned what it meant and I'm upset at how an admin of that server would just abuse like that and not explain anything that was going on. By writing this I would just like that when future events like this happen with other players, admins should be clearer and explain the rules of the server before taking blunt action.

admins name- -zlm- ScubaJoe™ | ibis.a
steam id- STEAM_0:0:35014624

maynard
07-29-2012, 03:32 AM
I was not weary of the cading rules because I came from other servers where no such thing exists. So I'm playing on the beach strike map and I follow some players into a small room. Once inside an admin types in chat for us to !ztele and I ask why. He then replies by saying "you are breaking the cading rules get out or I will slay you". So I ask what the "cading" means and he just brushes off my question and says "omg im not even going to explain" while another player who claims to be a moderator was typing "cry some more" in order to antagonize me. I proceeded to ask again and I was just slayed along with three other people and we never received a clear answer. After looking at the server rules I learned what it meant and I'm upset at how an admin of that server would just abuse like that and not explain anything that was going on. By writing this I would just like that when future events like this happen with other players, admins should be clearer and explain the rules of the server before taking blunt action.

admins name- -zlm- ScubaJoe™ | ibis.a
steam id- STEAM_0:0:35014624

if you want 2 complain about admins, do it in the proper section and in proper format... or else no one cares.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/7-Admin-Abuse

anasiansenior
07-29-2012, 11:01 AM
if you want 2 complain about admins, do it in the proper section and in proper format... or else no one cares.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/7-Admin-Abuse

ok thank you