PDA

View Full Version : Question !

Swifcfer
04-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Ive been thinking about getting admin, but i'm not completely sure i want it yet.
So I got a few questions for it

When you buy it does the monthly thing start when you just buy it or 2-3 days after when it gets activated, and is it like 30 straight days you get not like if i buy it May 7th it will end June instead of June 7th.

Do admins get a reserved slot to come with it or is it bought separately..?

Is it possible to get kicked because of lag spike or something as an admin?

Thats all thanks:D

Jeimuzu
04-27-2010, 08:55 PM
When you subscribe for admin you pay for it, and I believe you get it for 30 days starting the day it gets activated. And yes, you do get a reserved slot too I believe. As for being kicked for lag spikes.. That isn't always the server's fault.. Usually it is the client's. I.E. you're the only one who can fix lag spikes happening due to your computer and internet, unfortunately.

OMGBEARS
04-27-2010, 09:56 PM
As an admin you don't have any additional protections. Other admins can still kick you, there are simply rules against it. The server will still kick you for lag spikes or constant high lag. You can still be VAC banned, etc, etc.

afaik it's 1 month as in "April 8th to June 8th" but ZERO will have to confirm or deny that one.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-27-2010, 10:03 PM
As an admin you don't have any additional protections. Other admins can still kick you, there are simply rules against it. The server will still kick you for lag spikes or constant high lag. You can still be VAC banned, etc, etc.

afaik it's 1 month as in "April 8th to June 8th" but ZERO will have to confirm or deny that one.

:facepalm:

you've outdone yourself this time dude

XX0wnsXY
04-28-2010, 04:52 AM
I'm not sure you get a reserved slot, because I still have to wait to get in GG when it's full.

Rage
04-28-2010, 08:17 AM
Ya no reserved slot with admin, you can still get kicked and all that good stuff. If you really just want to play the game and have fun, don't get it. If you really want to help out the community and won't be a super doucher, than buy it :wtg:

tj26
04-28-2010, 08:33 AM
as far as i know u do get a reserved slot when ever i joined it kicked people out css just wont let u join a server that has 21/21 people so u have to wait for someone to leave than u will get in righr away

OMGBEARS
04-28-2010, 09:20 AM
:facepalm:

you've outdone yourself this time dude

oh lol. I didn't actually think of the dates. That answer is quite ambiguous.

Jeimuzu
04-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Whenever ZM is full (43 players) I always get in the first time.. I assume that has something to do with the reserved slots. That's what I meant.

Swifcfer
04-28-2010, 10:42 AM
haha ok thanks, lag spikes only happen is when someone in my house on one of the other 2 comps, like downloading something or watching videos. And i know i wouldnt be a big douche i just wanna help.. and i wanna be able to mute spammers and ban hackers:D

maynard
04-28-2010, 11:25 AM
yes you do get a reserved slot... the only reason sometimes it says you can't join right away cause the connection slot for the servers are full, even though you have a reserved slot, until that connection spot free's up, you just simply can't connect. as soon as you can, if it's full, it will then boot someone to make room for you. over the past like 9 months ive been PMed countless times by ppl calling me an ass for logging on cause they were booted off the server to make room for myself.

plz read the TOS and know it well if you buy admin.

Rage
04-28-2010, 01:06 PM
I have admin and i even payed for a reserve slot for a month and it worked once, on the WCS server i never even play!

Swifcfer
04-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Well for the wcs server its always 20/21 no one can join when its like that unless then have a reserved slot. when its21/21 you cant join. or that what i think

acolyte_to_jippity
04-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Well for the wcs server its always 20/21 no one can join when its like that unless then have a reserved slot. when its21/21 you cant join. or that what i think

ok, it's like this.

the server is maxed (filled) at 20. the 21's slo is called the "connection slot". essentially, the server auto-kicks that 21st slot. however, anyone flagged as "reserved" by the server are not kicked if they're in that slot, someone else is instead. if someone's already in the 21st slot (i.e, connecting but not connected, or being kicked but not gone yet) no one can connect, because it's impossible for a reserved slot to kisck someone out of the way.

basically, reserved doesn't kick anyone for a spot, it simply protects against the server kicking for capacity.

Spasm
04-28-2010, 08:22 PM
There is no reserved slot on the gun game server, there used to be, until sourceTV took that spot. There is one on WCS and one on the ZM server. Those actually work there, but gun game does not. And you cannot join if its 21/21 43/43 or w/e, even with a reserve slot, you have to wait until it kicks the person connecting, and finally yes admin comes with reserve slot.

Rage
04-29-2010, 01:41 PM
This is how Zero explained reserved slot to me lol ----------v

DeadEyeDeNNi$
05-01-2010, 03:07 PM
NO reserved slot. When server is full u have to wait just like everyone else. I've heard talk of that being inittiated but for now consider it scuttlebutt.

Carry on

OnEyEdMaN
05-08-2010, 12:38 AM
haha ok thanks, lag spikes only happen is when someone in my house on one of the other 2 comps, like downloading something or watching videos. And i know i wouldnt be a big douche i just wanna help.. and i wanna be able to mute spammers and ban hackers:D

eh you gettin lag spikes just for having 2 comps running at the same time? i have 2pc, 2 laptop,iphone and an itouch most of the time 3-4 devices are running at the same time using my connection directly or through wi-fi and i dont get any lag spike except on a certain maps like the zm.airport. i wonder why?