PDA

View Full Version : My Top 10 Animes

StarsMine
04-28-2010, 06:40 PM
My Top 10 Animes

Well to celebrate reaching 70 animes watched and 1 month of time, I made this list, It is bound to change over time and considering how probably 10 of those 70 are Dragon ball, it really isnt much to choose from

Number 10
Bleach

I enjoy this show more then I should, it is really just an average shonen, but it was just to cool. However it has many flaws, The show is half full of fillers, Ichigo gets captain class power in like a year when all the other captains are over 100 years old, and they keep pulling some move out of there ass to win the fight. While I say fillers as a flaw, its not nearly as bad as animes like Naruto, as the have an arc, hell I didnt even know the bounto arc was filler at first.

4jPF_bEJY0c

Number 9
FLCL

Well this was one mindfuck of an anime, and you cant really put into words what it is like watching anything from this genre. Just that well shit happons and South Park is affiliated with this one.

mXCvNtespzM

Number 8
Blood+

This was probably my first introduction to a mature anime, the story is dark, the drama is nice, and the action is epic. It is interesting, now if only the DVDs sold for a reasonable price, hell no am I paying 100$ for 25 episodes.

Zaz4QXPNG1U
arhg there are no great blood+ amvs, this is the best, and its more music video then amv (well put together though)

Number 7
Soul Eater

This was a really good action/shonen anime, it was held back by one major problem, it didn't know if it wanted to do its own thing or just follow the manga, because of this it felt like alot of really interesting themes never got enough of a chance to be tossed around, and there were lots of them. This would probably be an anime that had more potential then anything I have seen to date, just didnt have the guts to do it and ended up just being great. The last episode did however explore some interesting concepts even if it did pull a shonen cliche...

OYaxMNNhIVs

Number 6
Ef ~ a Tale of Memories

Wow this is an impressive romance, the concepts they go into with with Renji and Chihro is just heart-wrenching. I must admit the second to last episode made me cry, Q.Q. The other love story was interesting but just wasnt on par with Chihro's.

nUk-_R-ZoJY

Number 5
Yu Yu Hakusho

Man did this show kick ass, even if the last season was slightly retarded. How many shows do you know of that kills the main character in the first episode? Well here is one right here. With quite possibly the best last episode ever and some of the most epic fights you will ever see, this show just is a testosterone fest that cant be ignored. Its also interesting to see most of the main characters are delinquents.

YDts1N-5wTg

Number 4
Euraka Seven

This show had a interesting universe that drives the story along with the coming of age story with Renten. Eureka Seven is the first show I watched online and it had many interesting facets, however considering how long ago that was, I dont remember much details.

IG2GPopRAWI

Number 3
One Piece

The first thing that comes to mind with One Piece is all the characters, everyone has there own personality, Luffy the Loyal, but stupid captain, Nami the greedy navigator, Zoro the lazy strong arm, Sanji the hormone crazed cook, Chopper the gulible yet lovable reindeer, Usopp the compulsive liar yet loyal member. and Robin the trust issue archeologist. The story is entertaining as hell, they dont rely on awkwardness for humor, and unless its a filler like the Rainbow mist(Worst filler arc ever!) it just keeps you on your seat. Even some of the fillers keep you on your seat like the G-8 arc.

htd5Ylo8hBc
lPqKRPU3aXM
I had to add Leeroy D Jenkins beacuse that is exactly how the Enis lobby arc happend :)

Number 2
Ghost in the Shell

Alright I'm going amv heavy with this one, there are so many amazing ones. on topic now. The Depth of this universe is astounding and the quote Motoko always ends up saying after everything sums up things peaty well, "The net is truly vast and infinite." This political steam punk action drama is so interesting and the things in it could easily become reality. Hell the movie is what inspired The Matrix, the literally sat down the producers had them watch it, and said "We want to make this in real life" even if they only used ideas.

0mU5LVBNkZU
8-NvXlRZv_o
r_8AuBF35-Y
Pfft the best one had to get the audio disabled, oh well there is still these three.

Number 1
Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team

Probably the most realistic mecha show ever made. Now most of you are probably thinking "but its Gundam", I must tell you, there are no Gundams in this show, just Mobile Suits. The combat here was supposedly inspired by guerrilla warfare in WWII. Now match awesome mechs with a good twist on Romeo and Juliet and you get this here anime Masterpiece. Words can not describe how awesome this show is. Also the Japanese voice actor is the same as snake from the Japanese MGS :o

tPnoThiEPnI
xO_iBbWw6X4

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________

Now for Honorable Mentions
Eden of the East
DB
Pale Cocoon
Rosario + Vampire
Paprika
Any Mayazaki Movie
Pandora Hearts

XxMastagunzxX
04-28-2010, 08:13 PM

Full Metal Alchemist

StarsMine
04-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Alright, im done :)

Jeimuzu
04-28-2010, 11:06 PM
Samurai Champloo #1 <3 Jin is my role model.
u7FPL3J0-ng

Soul Eater #2

The Tower of Druaga #3

Apart from those.. I can think of a few.. Claymore, Elfen Lied, Spice and Wolf, Fate/Stay Night, Avatar, Trinity Blood.. Not liked in that order though.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-28-2010, 11:13 PM
jin the one w/ afro or glasses?

StarsMine
04-28-2010, 11:42 PM
Samurai Champloo #1 <3 Jin is my role model.

I prefer this amv for Samurai Champloo
Hqu7fSSbi5Q

Xerenix
04-29-2010, 05:04 AM
#1 Full metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

54 episodes and not one episode was boring for me.

Jeimuzu
04-29-2010, 09:53 AM
jin the one w/ afro or glasses?

Glasses.

RamenPoodle
04-29-2010, 04:47 PM
#1 Full metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

54 episodes and not one episode was boring for me.

There are 63 eps of Brotherhood though...of course they're not all out yet. The show is still airing in Japan. XD

mastercheff
04-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Meh i like my death note and my neon genesis evangelion.

THE HOLY SH**T!
04-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Bleach #1.

ZERO
04-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Meh i like my death note and my neon genesis evangelion.

So you liked Code Geass too then as in someways it is like a mix between the two you just listed...

XxMastagunzxX
04-29-2010, 11:58 PM
I haven't watched FMA: Brotherhood yet...

Xerenix
04-30-2010, 04:11 AM
There are 63 eps of Brotherhood though...of course they're not all out yet. The show is still airing in Japan. XD

Yeah i know.

Should have wrote "Not one episode have been boring so far".

Xerenix
04-30-2010, 04:12 AM
The forum made me double post :/

Starfish :3
05-01-2010, 11:13 AM
My all time favourite is Wolf's Rain ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygxy_jc9UFk&feature=related

Second Favourite i think is School Days. I mean, how many anime do you know where two of the three main characters die in the most epic bad ending ever?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeCslaQk5_c

and then I also like the following:
FLCL
Mai Hime
Mai Otome (+Mai Otome Zwei and Mai Otome O.Sifr)
Elfen Lied
Serial Experiments Lain

Fireye
05-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Yeah i know.

Should have wrote "Not one episode have been boring so far".

From my singaporean l4d2 buddy, duckroll, he seems to think that based on the episode titles for the final few eps, there's going to be at least one movie after Brotherhood ends.

My list:
1) Revolutionary Girl Utena - Fucked up, good artwork, interesting story.
2) Macross - This is an incredible series. Seminal in Robot anime. Without Macross, there's a good possibility that the terrific Mecha shows from the late 80's to today wouldn't have come to pass.
3) Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex - GITS is very similar to Bebop in my mind. Yoko Kanno music, good story, nothing really to complain about.
4) Cowboy Bebop - Incredible music, terrific and innovative storytelling, and a fuckton of fun.
5) Ghibli - It's too tough to separate the Ghibli movies. Most of them are terrific. Personal favorites are On Your Mark, Nausicaa, Laputa, Whisper of the Heart, Grave of the Fireflies.
6) Memories - Memories is an amazing set of three short films. It's story telling in all of them is interesting and unique, and the artwork is varied enough to capture my attention. Magnetic Rose is brilliant.
7) Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou - Gainax attempts shoujo, I guess? I love the melancholy tone of the series, how dense the first 13 episodes are, and the animation.
8) Full Metal Alchemist : Brotherhood - 'cause while the first series was good, it wasn't nearly as good as this. Packed full of story, this will be the definitive FMA series.
9) Blue Gender - Again, I love fucked up situations. A world turned upside down, mecha, and an ok story.
10) Beck - I'm a sucker for music shows.

StarsMine
05-02-2010, 11:34 PM
fire eye, im going to be an ass and tell you Nausicaa is not ghibli.
although that is a nice list, I want to watch macross, I recorded plus not to long ago, but they were brodcasted in a weird way so that you could season pass them on tivo :( so I only got ep 1, so I didnt even bother.

also yoko kano has to be the best anime music composer, I have every single GITS soundtrack XD

Fireye
05-03-2010, 12:16 AM
fire eye, im going to be an ass and tell you Nausicaa is not ghibli.
although that is a nice list, I want to watch macross, I recorded plus not to long ago, but they were brodcasted in a weird way so that you could season pass them on tivo :( so I only got ep 1, so I didnt even bother.

also yoko kano has to be the best anime music composer, I have every single GITS soundtrack XD

Wha? Nausicaa is absolutely Ghibli. The manga was drawn by Miyazaki, the man behind (other than Nausicaa), Laputa, Mononoke Hime, Spirited Away, etc. There are some films that he wasn't involved in, but still done by Ghibli, like Grave of the Fireflies.

Here's a nice concise list: http://www.nausicaa.net/wiki/Main_Page

Macross Plus is pretty good, but it's a bit short (four OVA episodes).

05-03-2010, 02:08 AM
Wha? Nausicaa is absolutely Ghibli. The manga was drawn by Miyazaki, the man behind (other than Nausicaa), Laputa, Mononoke Hime, Spirited Away, etc. There are some films that he wasn't involved in, but still done by Ghibli, like Grave of the Fireflies.

Here's a nice concise list: http://www.nausicaa.net/wiki/Main_Page

Macross Plus is pretty good, but it's a bit short (four OVA episodes).

It was indeed made by the founders of Ghibli, but before the actual Studio Ghibli existed, Nausicaa was made in 1984 while Studio Ghibli was founded in 1985. But since it is made by the founders, it is still considered a Ghibli movie. So in a way ur both right :3

Vladninja
05-03-2010, 02:36 AM
My list: (not in any order just top 10)
1) Darker Than Black
2) Code Geass
3) Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex
4) Cowboy Bebop
5) Vandred
6) Gantz
7) Black Cat
8) Samurai Champloo
9) Trigun
10) Tenchi Muyo

BladeTwinSwords
05-03-2010, 05:06 AM
[QUOTE=Starfish :3;63988]My all time favourite is Wolf's Rain ^^

Wolf's Rain is a very good anime.

My #1 would currently be Gurren Lagann.

Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!

acolyte_to_jippity
05-03-2010, 06:19 AM
gurren lagann blows

BladeTwinSwords
05-03-2010, 06:30 AM
gurren lagann blows

:( aww so mean man.

Fireye
05-03-2010, 08:08 AM
It was indeed made by the founders of Ghibli, but before the actual Studio Ghibli existed, Nausicaa was made in 1984 while Studio Ghibli was founded in 1985. But since it is made by the founders, it is still considered a Ghibli movie. So in a way ur both right :3

Hmm, I suppose. I consider Daicon to be Gainax, since it was made by all the founding members, this would be the same sort of situation.

mastercheff
05-03-2010, 03:40 PM
My all time favourite is Wolf's Rain ^^

Second Favourite i think is School Days. I mean, how many anime do you know where two of the three main characters die in the most epic bad ending ever?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeCslaQk5_c

and then I also like the following:
FLCL
Mai Hime
Mai Otome (+Mai Otome Zwei and Mai Otome O.Sifr)
Elfen Lied
Serial Experiments Lain

Don't even show school days again to mai face. That anime completely fucked over my mind. Elfen lied was the same way but made some sense.

05-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Don't even show school days again to mai face. That anime completely fucked over my mind. Elfen lied was the same way but made some sense.

lol school days makes a lot more sense than Elfen lied. Imo it's a pretty realistic story, perhaps a bit exaggerated but still very realistic. Whereas Elfen lied is just pure phantasy and heads being ripped off

StarsMine
05-03-2010, 04:17 PM
lol school days makes a lot more sense than Elfen lied. Imo it's a pretty realistic story, perhaps a bit exaggerated but still very realistic. Whereas Elfen lied is just pure phantasy and heads being ripped off

and boobs, dont forget the boobs

mastercheff
05-03-2010, 05:22 PM

what girl honestly would kill their bf because he got her knocked up and is seeing another girl.

StarsMine
05-03-2010, 05:34 PM
what girl honestly would kill their bf because he got her knocked up and is seeing another girl.

:lmao: master have you ever met a girl IRL

05-03-2010, 05:49 PM

you'd be surprised what kinda crazy stuff people do irl :3

ZERO
05-04-2010, 04:43 PM
All i know is:
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/canada.png

StarsMine
05-04-2010, 04:54 PM
All i know is:

lulwut!?

Rapedollar$
05-04-2010, 06:07 PM
My list: (not in any order just top 10)
1) Darker Than Black
2) Code Geass
3) Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex
4) Cowboy Bebop
5) Vandred
6) Gantz
7) Black Cat
8) Samurai Champloo
9) Trigun
10) Tenchi Muyo

i knew there was a reason i liked you...

1) Elfen Leid
2) Code Geass
3) Ghost in the Shell: SAC
4) Cowboy Bebop
5) Vandread
6) Samurai Champloo
8) Trigun
9) Trinity Blood
10) Tenchi Muyo

mastercheff
05-04-2010, 06:29 PM
All i know is:

That made me lul inside.

But I've met girls IRL but ... ah forget it, I've never seen an overreacting one before.

StarsMine
05-04-2010, 06:35 PM
That made me lul inside.

But I've met girls IRL but ... ah forget it, I've never seen an overreacting one before.

well, you havnt been in highschool with a bunch of sassy black woman. damn those bitches are scary, on a good day.

mastercheff
05-04-2010, 06:37 PM
well, you havnt been in highschool with a bunch of sassy black woman. damn those bitches are scary, on a good day.

Trust me I got it bad here in Georgia.

ZERO
05-06-2010, 09:15 AM
I still can not get over that you have Neon Genesis in your sig yet you have never seen it rofl

StarsMine
05-06-2010, 03:08 PM
I havnt watched it yet, simply as I dont want to download it, I want to buy it.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-06-2010, 03:42 PM
I havnt watched it yet, simply as I dont want to download it, I want to buy it.

not you, cheff.

you have gits in your sig

StarsMine
05-06-2010, 04:26 PM
not you, cheff.

you have gits in your sig

you think I dont know that :stupid:

acolyte_to_jippity
05-06-2010, 05:18 PM
you think I dont know that :stupid:

i'm just making sure

mastercheff
05-09-2010, 06:18 AM
I still can not get over that you have Neon Genesis in your sig yet you have never seen it rofl

Yup i have 100% not even watched it at all. Naw I'm kidding. I really do want to see the rebuild movies for the series though. The purdy new HD and new storyline for them looks awesome.