PDA

View Full Version : Best anime evar

RamenPoodle
04-28-2010, 08:49 PM
In a thread which is sure to cause much debate, confusion and possibly eventual dismembered limbs, discuss what is truly the BEST ANIME EVAR.

I am exempt from this discussion as I actually cannot pick a favorite. But maybe YOU can!

Have fun! :D

AnHero
04-29-2010, 03:31 PM
The Best Anime ever = Bakemonogatari
The Best Movie Ever = The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

Runner Up series that are almost the best:
Macross Frontier, Ef a Tale of Memories, Planettes, Great Teacher Onizuka, Diebuster Ova's

Runner Up Movies that are almost the best:
5 Centimeters Per Second, Voices of a Distant Star, Paprika, Kara no Kyoukai 5, and the unreleased Fate Stay/Night UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS movie

Best QUALITY award is a tie under : Akikan and Green Green

descent87
05-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Agree with Austin on the Movie for sure, that was a work of art.

Best Anime, I really can't say, so many are good for different reasons.

papa_smurf
05-06-2010, 04:58 PM
This is a tough one...although my opinion varies greatly based on what I'm watching or what's going on, or just my mood, I'd have to say it's between one of these three (no particular order)...

1.) Elfen Lied -

What can I say? I love a good romantic tragedy! Also one of the few series that I can literally sit and watch again and again and never grow tired of. The story is great, and of course, me being a red-blooded male, I enjoy me some good violence and boobs anyday. ;P

The manga version of this is also amazing, albeit the ending, while more fitting to the series, is far sadder. :'(

(though don't get me started on talking about how much I had Yuka...most annoying anime character...EVER...though I suppose that was supposed to be her point ;P ).

2.) Black Lagoon -

Another good anime with a fairly dark story. Again confirming that I am one crazy bastard with a weakness for slightly crazy women. ;P

Episode 7 alone I have to honestly say is probably one of the best episodes of any anime I have ever seen. (The scene where they are watching p*rn in particular was freaking hilarious!)

This series is also, oddly enough, the best english dub I've ever seen hands down. I have to applaud the dubbers in that they didn't tone down the language or censor it at all (because we all know how foul mouthed Revy can be ;P ).

This is by far the series I'm most excited about seeing continued, as both the manga and novels are amazing...must...watch...season 3... *twitch* -.0

3.) Fullmetal Alchemist (and Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood) -

Yes, I realize these are *technically* two different series, though they are both up there in being amazing. I have enjoyed both versions of the anime, they have done an amazing job on both versions.

I have to give FMA the credit it deserves, I still think that this show (and parhaps maybe Death Note) is the only "main stream" anime that deserves all the credit it gets, it's just that amazing.

Best characters designs I've seen in any anime ever!

4.) FLCL (or FuRiCuRi, or FoolyCooly ... whatever the hell ya wanna call it ;P)

An old series, but still one of my all time favorites, as I'm sure some of you have heard me harp. ;P

I'm still annoyed to this day I don't own a legal copy of it, as it is out of print :'( ...but this show is a must watch for anyone who ever wants to call themselves a true anime fan.

Best part? This show is really as crazy as people say it is...it's the kind of show you can watch over 30 times (believe me, I have ;P) and STILL see something new each time!

5.) Dragonball -

Please note...

I said DRAGONBALL!

NOT DBZ, DBGT, or DBWhateverTheF*ckElse!

Dragonball, plan and simple, is by far one of the best shounen classics ever made. Hell, you'd be hard pressed to find a shounen series out today that doesn't on at least some level pay homage or draw from this series.

It really is that good.

From amazing character designs, to a plot that is pretty much known by almost anyone, anime fan or otherwise, it really is a much watch for any anime fan.

Heh...this list was actually a little harder for me to write than it looks, I have too many shows that I just absolutely love to death that didn't even make it up here, it's that hard a pick.

Lord knows my manga list would be very different as well... (don't even get me started, I read FAR more manga than I watch anime ;P )... but enough rambling, that's my 2 cents ;P

Pakikaze
06-01-2010, 05:18 AM
If we're talking sujectively then:

Anime=Bleach
Got me to start watching subs(still watch dubs of any series if I can). Has a special place in my heart that has yet to be usurped.

Movie=Pokemon: The First Movie
First one I saw. And c'mon, who didn't just LOVE this movie who didn't watch the show as a kid and then watch the movie when it came out in theaters? Fucking epic. Just yea! And like, the battle during the opening credits and like, the whole, "OH shit! The show never looked this GOOD! This is just fuckin' RAW!" feeling you got once the battle started! Again, Pokemon holds a special place in my heart that is shinier and way cooler than the one Bleach holds.

Rezel
06-02-2010, 03:27 PM
My favorite in terms of Anime has to be Full metal Panic,

Full metal Panic Fumoffu is absolutely, and utterly side splitting in how hilarious it is. you have to admit, the fact that he pulls out a shotgun, and shoots the karate dude in the face with a practice slug in a hand to hand combat match is insanely funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_covJ5Z-77k

Nicknames
06-18-2010, 07:52 AM
My favorites would be:
Golden Boy
Monster
Major

Edit: eh.. wrong place ... meh.

AnHero
06-21-2010, 06:52 PM
My favorites would be:
Golden Boy
Monster
Major

Edit: eh.. wrong place ... meh.

I absolutely love your list

/hi5

GoldenBoy was groundbreaking for what an ecchi series should be, Monster was an amazing drama, and Major was surprisingly good imho

acolyte_to_jippity
06-21-2010, 07:08 PM
1) Hellsing
This anime is incredible. It's what a vampire story should be. No sparkles, no teenage angst, just a bad-ass vampire that could destroy the world if he wanted to. It's also one of the best english dubs i've ever seen. In fact, you must watch this one in english. It's set in england, so you need the english accents.

2) Neon Genesis EVANGELION
The god of anime. A literal mindfuck whenever you watch it. only rated lower than hellsing because the protagonist is a whiney pussy. oh yeah, and the last 2 episodes

3) Trinity Blood
another vampire one, this time more like Vampire Hunter D. a special vampire-vampire (drinks vampire blood) works for the vatican, and tries to save the world from those out to destroy it.

4) Outlaw Star
iagine cowboy bebop, now make it better. Watch it in english, the dub's incredible. it's got a cat-girl, magic guns, and ships that box each other.

5) Gundam Seed
very very good mecha show. not much else to say. one of the best gundam shows i've seen. never watched 08th ms team, but of the original, G gundam, gundam x, gundam wing, and gundam 00 this is the best.

runners up:
gunXsword (mecha/western)
full metal alchemist: brotherhood (fma)
elfen leid (mindfuck to the nth degree)
inuyasha (my first anime, shut up)
Heroic Age (imagine battlestar galactica, with massive bio-mechanical creatures thrown in)

AnHero
06-22-2010, 10:39 AM
1) Hellsing
This anime is incredible. It's what a vampire story should be. No sparkles, no teenage angst, just a bad-ass vampire that could destroy the world if he wanted to. It's also one of the best english dubs i've ever seen. In fact, you must watch this one in english. It's set in england, so you need the english accents.

2) Neon Genesis EVANGELION
The god of anime. A literal mindfuck whenever you watch it. only rated lower than hellsing because the protagonist is a whiney pussy. oh yeah, and the last 2 episodes

3) Trinity Blood
another vampire one, this time more like Vampire Hunter D. a special vampire-vampire (drinks vampire blood) works for the vatican, and tries to save the world from those out to destroy it.

4) Outlaw Star
iagine cowboy bebop, now make it better. Watch it in english, the dub's incredible. it's got a cat-girl, magic guns, and ships that box each other.

5) Gundam Seed
very very good mecha show. not much else to say. one of the best gundam shows i've seen. never watched 08th ms team, but of the original, G gundam, gundam x, gundam wing, and gundam 00 this is the best.

runners up:
gunXsword (mecha/western)
full metal alchemist: brotherhood (fma)
elfen leid (mindfuck to the nth degree)
inuyasha (my first anime, shut up)
Heroic Age (imagine battlestar galactica, with massive bio-mechanical creatures thrown in)

i should have mentioned Heroic Age... that was a really really good series

acolyte_to_jippity
06-23-2010, 10:07 PM
i should have mentioned Heroic Age... that was a really really good series

it was, but i got bored w/ it.

same w/ gunXsword. in fact, the only ones i've ever fnished were outlaw star, gundam seed, evangelion, trinity blood, and hellsing.

SilverVistani
06-24-2010, 11:14 AM
I love too many to truly pick a single 'favorite' out of them, and I'm feeling too lazy to make a detailed list like others seem to be doing. But I'll just drop a couple of names here.

For the longest time, I would answer this question automatically and without hesitation. And the answer was YuGiOh! ((Duel Monsters, of course, I've still yet to find anywhere that has the original series that follows more closely to the manga... ;_; wants it so baaaad...))

Honest to god, I'm not joking with you. I truly do love that series-- though I suggest any of you haters try watching the actual show instead of the 4kids crap they aired here on Saturday mornings. -_- There's nothing quite like a duel that takes place on the glass roof of a skyscraper with a bomb beneath your feet that's attached to your life point counter. When you loose... you DIE. None of this "*mock eerie voice and waves hands 'mystically'* and get transported into the Shadow Realm, oooooooo" crap.

And the Pandora duel is probably my favorite one ever... "By the way, if you loose, you get your feet cut off by this ankle-height buzsaw that's connected to your life point meter. Have fun with that."

Mostly though... I love the characters and all the background stuff. The idea of "Soul Rooms" really hit the mark with me and I've occasionally gotten the urge to try to design out what I think mine would look like... though I've always chickened out because drawing 'setting' type things have always been a weak point for me. ><* But yeah, the Soul Rooms and the idea of two spirits sharing the same body and the havoc this can cause...

Of course, it has nothing to do with my fetish for white/silver haired pretty boys... *fawns over Bakura*

... ;_; I wish I knew where my cards were... I've actually had a couple of people say they'd be willing to learn to play...

Aaaanyway! I think my new generic/easy answer if I'm told I can only list a single favorite, is now Monster. I am completely psyched about it coming out in the US and so can't wait until I can own it all... Now if only it didn't cost $40 per 15 episodes considering it's a 72 or so episode long series. *cries*

And I'm gonna shut up now and slink back into my dark corner... because this turned into an unnecessarily long, rambling, and completely irrelevant post...

acolyte_to_jippity
06-24-2010, 07:41 PM
I love too many to truly pick a single 'favorite' out of them, and I'm feeling too lazy to make a detailed list like others seem to be doing. But I'll just drop a couple of names here.

For the longest time, I would answer this question automatically and without hesitation. And the answer was YuGiOh! ((Duel Monsters, of course, I've still yet to find anywhere that has the original series that follows more closely to the manga... ;_; wants it so baaaad...))

Honest to god, I'm not joking with you. I truly do love that series-- though I suggest any of you haters try watching the actual show instead of the 4kids crap they aired here on Saturday mornings. -_- There's nothing quite like a duel that takes place on the glass roof of a skyscraper with a bomb beneath your feet that's attached to your life point counter. When you loose... you DIE. None of this "*mock eerie voice and waves hands 'mystically'* and get transported into the Shadow Realm, oooooooo" crap.

And the Pandora duel is probably my favorite one ever... "By the way, if you loose, you get your feet cut off by this ankle-height buzsaw that's connected to your life point meter. Have fun with that."

Mostly though... I love the characters and all the background stuff. The idea of "Soul Rooms" really hit the mark with me and I've occasionally gotten the urge to try to design out what I think mine would look like... though I've always chickened out because drawing 'setting' type things have always been a weak point for me. ><* But yeah, the Soul Rooms and the idea of two spirits sharing the same body and the havoc this can cause...

Of course, it has nothing to do with my fetish for white/silver haired pretty boys... *fawns over Bakura*

... ;_; I wish I knew where my cards were... I've actually had a couple of people say they'd be willing to learn to play...

Aaaanyway! I think my new generic/easy answer if I'm told I can only list a single favorite, is now Monster. I am completely psyched about it coming out in the US and so can't wait until I can own it all... Now if only it didn't cost $40 per 15 episodes considering it's a 72 or so episode long series. *cries*

And I'm gonna shut up now and slink back into my dark corner... because this turned into an unnecessarily long, rambling, and completely irrelevant post...

o.O :poke:
i want you to play wcs once the server's back up. this will result in entertainment for all. strangely, you'd probably fit right in

SilverVistani
06-24-2010, 09:24 PM
o.O :poke:
i want you to play wcs once the server's back up. this will result in entertainment for all. strangely, you'd probably fit right in

.... WCS? .... nani?

ZERO
06-25-2010, 12:03 AM
It is a mod for CS:S you need steam to buy it and then play it.

SilverVistani
06-25-2010, 01:44 AM
It is a mod for CS:S you need steam to buy it and then play it.

**really sucks at abbreviations** ... CS:S...?

Phazonmasher
06-28-2010, 03:47 AM
**really sucks at abbreviations** ... CS:S...?

Counter-Strike: Source. They havin a game conversation in our anime conversation.

FoF
09-03-2010, 01:59 AM
It is hard to pick one for the best, so I will throw out a couple. First and foremost would have to be Ghost In The Shell, because of it's great action, sci-fi elements, and its a great political drama.

Next would be a three-way tie between Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, and Eureka Seven, all of which were great at what they did.

After that would be another threeway between Neon Genesis Evangelion, Fullmetal Alchemist (both and movie), and Black Lagoon. More of a list than one choice, but what can I say?

ndifeuno
09-11-2010, 10:07 PM
I will agree with your Eva and Hellsing, and raise you one Paranoia Agents and Serial Experiments Lain

AnHero
09-12-2010, 02:29 PM
I will agree with your Eva and Hellsing, and raise you one Paranoia Agents and Serial Experiments Lain

Satoshi Kon ;__;

Xingster
01-31-2011, 08:16 PM
Anyone still up for a duel? I practice against my little brother on occassion. I can flatten him and three friends at once.

ruellesmith
11-18-2012, 01:13 AM
The best anime ever are Bleach and Naruto Shippuden since they built history in a television and some other manga series. We are looking forward to see them again on television and for sure it would be a big hit.

ZERO
11-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Now that is a bot b/c a human brain would automatically kill its owner after such a statement :wtg:

taz1stP
11-29-2012, 05:59 PM
lol zero your so nice

Erdenay
11-30-2012, 04:20 AM
Now that is a bot b/c a human brain would automatically kill its owner after such a statement :wtg:

To be fair, most of the bots would probably deactivate themselves before they'd say that - so please don't badmouth them.

taz1stP
12-17-2012, 11:34 PM
well i think there are to many good anime to say which are the best.

Jamesfredette
08-27-2013, 03:44 AM
Naruto was arguably the best i ever watched..it was awesome.

Carmichal
08-27-2013, 04:08 AM
Naruto was arguably the best i ever watched..it was awesome.
fook off

DJ_MikeyRevile
08-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Best anime ever? Spice and wolf
rather that is my fav......

its not even finished but i am really enjoying Shingeki no Kyojin

Roterneylastergen
09-03-2013, 06:05 AM
My favorite would have to be Naruto Shipuden..undoubtedly the best.

taz1stP
09-18-2013, 09:13 AM
naruto was not bad but no where near the best ever. I can name at least 10 other anime that are better.

aikon
09-02-2018, 09:47 AM
nah, never, Naruto, bleh.

I'm just not a fan of series that long.
I liked Hellsing, the TV, not OVA.

I think my fav is still Last Exile, though.