PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself!

RamenPoodle
04-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Welcome to UK Anime Forums! We probably all know each other already. But you may not know who certain people are online due to the username thing. So this is a thread where we basically introduce our internet selves!

For example:

Hi, I'm RamenPoodle! But you might know me better as Perry. I like anime, video games, reading, playing drums, etc., etc.,...yeah, you all know what to do.

Have fun!

Phazonmasher
04-29-2010, 12:46 AM
Hey there, Phazonmasher is your wonderful president, Zach Walton. It seems that most of you know me but yeah whatever.

You all me well enough anyway so I don't need to say anything. I enjoy games, tabletop games, music, anime, writing, reading and technology goggling in that order. So yeah. Your president lists anime fourth in his life. xD

Enjoy these forums and super big thanks for Steven for setting this up for us! Big applause!

ZERO
04-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks for signing up guys, hopefully we will see more people over the next few days.

You may want to check out this thread: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3557 and post up what anime you have seen. It would be interesting to see what you all have watched. :wtg:

Also Perry somehow I knew that was you as soon as I saw the name and avatar rofl.

AnHero
04-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Hello everyone, I am Austin

I go by many names, such as Kamina, Bancho, or Mr Hero

call me as you will

A short summary of myself:
A self-loving hero-of-justice whom seeks to have a real life harem whilst saving the world from imminent disaster

I love the game Fate/Stay Night and I will talk about it constantly while waiting for the movie to be released. I am also personally addicted to watching anime. With over 300 completed series alone, I think my powerlevel is something above normal

Another thing about me is my love for being extremely involved in doing anything fun. If you wanna go skydiving, i know a good place to go to. if you wanna go scuba diving, ill also join in on that. And if someone ever wants to 'aquire' a stop sign one of these nights, send me a message and we will go out and go at it like the fist of the north star

So yah, if you want to know more about me, message me or text/call and I'm all ears
:violin::pistols::icon_mrgreen::samurai::music1:

WhiteDivinity
05-02-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm not that special. To some people I am known as "Who-the-hell-are you" and by others I may be the person who your friends think there can be no one crazier than you, but I am that guy.

A long time ago, I used to go by Wolfpack (some called me Wolfy, but that was about 4-5 years ago), but now I go by WhiteDivinity. I don't mind either really. My real name is Alex.

A short summary of who I am:
Oro?

Rurouni Kenshin fan to an extreme I guess you can say. I also gave up playing most video games now. I only play a select few. (Zelda games, Super Smash Bros. games, Metroid games, and Kingdom Hearts games) The other games just bored me.

I'm not an officer or anyone special, just a person who's just there, counting his victims while he's in the corner. Anyways, yea that about explains some things. See ya later.

~Alex~

ed.1
05-02-2010, 06:02 PM
ed.1 is the first half of the Collective Known as Ed. For clarification: I am the slightly shorter Ed who sometimes knits during club, also answers to "Erin," and does not wear glasses.

descent87
05-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Hey everyone, I go by descent on here and some of you at UK might know me better as Amir.

I recently became a bigger Anime fan this past winter after several years of being extremely casual and joined UK Anime during the spring semester.

Besides watching anime and reading manga I avidly play 2 games: Defense of the Ancients and the Halo Series. I am a HUGE UK sports fan and a lesser Bengals and Boston Celtics fan as well. I frequently read science fiction and am currently trudging my way through a Biology major here at UK.

My current superfanboyism is completely centered on Vocaloids however and I daresay that it has somewhat surpassed my love of anime, Zach might not know it but its him I have to thank for that.

Well look forward to getting to know everyone better and I'll try to be on the forums when I can.

-Amir

djnikochan
05-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Hey gang. Nik Chavez here, also sometimes known as Nikki, but you all don't get to see that too often.

Most of you know me, and know I am a big anime fan, deep voodoo techie, and general electronic-music nut, too.

I think it's awesome that we have these forums (thanks Steven, and everyone else involved!) and I can't wait to see what kind of wonderful hilarity we can post here. I still have video clips from some of the club's past events and we need to find a place to put 'em. Brady said he'd kill me if any containing him end up on the YouTubes.

Cheers, peace, anime, and um...kinky stuff if you're into that. ---Nik

Swiddow
05-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Hello all, Huston here, as most of you know me by.

Any of the newer people probably don't know me, mostly because of the scheduling difficulties of my classes, and how I keep having to take them during our club activity hours. Which, sadly, will be happening again in the fall, sooo...

Anyways, I was the Webmaster for UKAnime for the last year, and I am disappointed in myself in that I couldn't get anything done, due to the school mostly just not wanting to work with me, but *shrug*. I'm super excited that Steven is in charge now, because he has the resources to offer the club that I did not have, and I've seen his work, so I'm looking forward to what he has in store for us all.

That being said, my main addiction is actually video gaming, before anime, but I mostly play Strategy-type games, (Starcraft/Civ 4), RPGs, and FPS's. I am an avid PC gamer, at that, not that I dislike console, it's just that I've grown up with an awesome PC, and don't own a 360 or PS3.

As for my Anime likes, I'm mostly a reader of Manga, actually, though what I have an interest in, and what I've seen/read can mostly be summed up in this link to My Anime List, though I don't know if you don't want us linking to outside sources, Steven, just edit this out if not. Swiddow (http://myanimelist.net/profile/Swiddow) is my Anime List profile name, and my general handle/gamertag around the net.

Anyways, good to see a nice forumy place to hang around in, and I'll definitely be lurking here a lot, even if I don't actually post much.

Resident Tentacle Monster
05-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Hey-o! It's me, Elizabeth. The V.P. of U.K. Anime. I usually go by songdancegeisha, but Resident Tentacle Monster was given to me at Sugoicon and I dearly love it. (Somewhat.)

Let's see,I like doujinshis, reading a good manga, and eating Pocky, goth loli, and Alice in Wonderland. Drawing is my life, and I love being a doujin-ka, and drawing in general. Tea, Jolly Ranchers, and grape Fanta I am required to have for my sugar fix. Do I honestly need to tell you I'm into yaoi?

Of course, you may notice that my avatar and signature are DBZ based. It's one of my faves, if not my favorite besides Genshinken, Excel Saga, Doujin Work, and Black Butler. The random lyrics are from the English OP (Dragon Soul) sung by Goku's VA, Sean Schemmel.

Many thanks to Steven and his awesomeness in getting this up. I like this much better than Wiggio.

Shoron
05-05-2010, 07:46 PM
I am Ben, your techie bitch.

I get new AMV's every week from AMV.org and really can't say much else. I name my technology and . . . . . . . . .yeah.

Don't do much gaming, unless I'm playing on my GameCube.

Ok, this is gonna be a boring post. C'est le vie. If you don't know the hat, then you suck. So there.

Pakikaze
06-01-2010, 05:00 AM
Not quite sure how many of you guys know me, but, its me, Afan!

If you don't know me, I'm the other brown kid aside from Amir. I haz glasses and mustache and beard in tow.

Rambling ab things is something I do. So is being interested in technology and anything creative. I like tv and movies, and especially anime. I've only really seen shonen in my day, but if Trigun and Bebop are any indication, I like seinen anime as well. Other than that, I've seen Welcome to the NHK and liked it. It's the only slice-of-life series I've seen.
For more on that, hit me up on www.myanimelist.com: Pakikaze.

Um, but yea, Bleach and Pokemon I'm real big into. I play video games too, but I'm a bigger tv/movie nut than I am a gamer. I prefer single player, narrative driven experiences of any genre. I love the Pokemon games.

Anything else, just ask. I'm going to bed, sorry ab the big post, I think im going to cut some of it out. On second thought, nah.

ndifeuno
06-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Yo all! Better late than never I suppose.

I'm Chris, some of you know me, newer people won't. I no longer attend UK, but was part of the club my freshman year. I like to keep in touch with people so.....here I am! I make the odd trip back down to Lexington every so often, so you might see me around a couple of times a year. I look forward to meeting some of the new people and keeping in touch with the friends I left behind.

SilverVistani
06-24-2010, 02:14 AM
**slinks in and glances around**

**raises hand** Yo.

**slinks away to hide in a dark corner, leaving a little note that reads: **
~Kitty was here~

(*)...\|/
.....(}--}
(*).../|\

FoF
09-03-2010, 01:39 AM
Hi everybody! I'm new this year, both to UK and UKAnime. You can call me Mac if you want: apparently i look like Mac from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, so people cal me that. If you don't like that you can call me Tyler, or Stash, and I will probably also respond to Stupid if you are so inclined.

I'm into everything anime and manga with my all time favorite being Ghost In The Shell in it's entirety. I like Gaming, Zombies, good movies, and just about anything fun.

AC Drawings
09-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Yosh, I'm The great, fantastic, amazing Artistical-Cosmical Drawings! Master of the blue fire, Werewolf advocate (Non-Twilight obviously), Ultimate Being, Great Arteest and Writer, and of course, President and Founder of the George C. Marshall High School anime club, known as the guy who tries to make an anime club DO SOMETHING BESIDES WATCHING STUFF.

:smirk:

AnHero
09-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Yosh, I'm The great, fantastic, amazing Artistical-Cosmical Drawings! Master of the blue fire, Werewolf advocate (Non-Twilight obviously), Ultimate Being, Great Arteest and Writer, and of course, President and Founder of the George C. Marshall High School anime club, known as the guy who tries to make an anime club DO SOMETHING BESIDES WATCHING STUFF.

:smirk:

hi Matt

AC Drawings
09-08-2010, 05:45 AM
hi Matt

Who is this Matt Person you speak of?

No seriously, who?

AnHero
09-09-2010, 09:53 AM

No seriously, who?

are you kenan then?

oOVampirePenguinOo
09-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Hey everyone, I'm Ashley. I'm a new member this year. Hmm, what can I say about me? Well, I love to read, write, and draw, and I'm (obviously) really into anime. Basically anything you can think of that's nerdy, I'm into. XD

And just because I feel it's relevant to this club, I'll list all of my favorite animes here.... My favorites being all of the ones I've watched, coincidentally. XD

1. Nabari no Ou
2. Code Geass
3. Fruits Basket
4. Ouran High School Host Club
5. Fullmetal Alchemist
6. Vampire Knight
7. Kuroshitsuji
8. Majin Tentei Nougami Neuro
9. Chobits
10. Full Moon wo Sagashite
11. DNAngel

And, just because I don't feel like my post is annoyingly long enough for you, I'll go ahead and list my favorite anime movies too. XD

1. Howl's Moving Castle
2. Spirited Away
3. Princess Mononoke

MagicWaffleFaerie
09-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Tiffany desu, douzo yoroshiku (don't be fooled, my Japanese actually sucks haha). I'm a freshman this year, Art Studio major, and new to the anime club (um, duh, -freshman-). I'm a complete dork. Video games, anime, manga, cosplay, RPs, DnD, Gaia, DeviantArt... If it's nerdy, I've done it (most likely). I'm Ashley(Vampire Penguin)'s friend and I TOTALLY take credit for introducing her to anime (although we have VASTLY different tastes, she has some good ones up there) haha Love ya, Ash! I figured I'd post my top 11 favorite anime and top 10 manga. All of Studio Ghibli's films are amazing, just saying.

Anime
1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Outlaw Star
3. Mushi Shi
4. Angel Beats!
5. FLCL
6. Majin Tentei Nougami Neuro
7. DeathNote
8. Ouran High School Host Club
9. Bleach
10. Hayate the Combat Butler
11. Fullmetal Alchemist

Manga
1. The Demon Ororon
2. Zombie Powder
3. Saiyuki
4. Claymore
5. Rurounni Kenshin
6. Claymore
7. Chrono Crusade
8. Bizenghast
9.Mobile Suit Gundam Ecole du Ciel
10. xxxHolic
11. Battle Royale

SO yeah. That was a long post, sorry. Hope to see you all around campus. Ciao! :mini yeah:

ZERO
09-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Glad to see you on the forums and hopefully at the meeting soon. You may want to check out this thread: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3557

if you want to list out what anime you have seen. It is sort of a one stop thread for people to make lists and descriptions to make it easier for people looking for series to come up with some ideas.

emurock
09-15-2010, 07:48 AM
Hi, I'm Nick Blocher and I'm a Christ following, otaku woodsman, preparing for the zombie invasion! That's somewhat close to what I'm in a nutshell. Also emurock is my geocaching name which I use for that and other internet sites to. I'm also big vocaloid fan, I do enjoy gaming from time to time but the main games that I play are DDR and Harvestmoon. Well that just a few things about me and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

MisterElectric
09-15-2010, 08:22 AM
I'm Mason Coffey. I have many interests, one of which is anime. I'm not much of a gamer. I'm pretty tolerant of everything. I have no problem with older anime or newer anime, both cell and digital have their merits. Hello.

AnHero
09-15-2010, 10:34 AM

No seriously, who?

so you are not Kenan and/or Kel

most interesting

MagicWaffleFaerie
09-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Hi, I'm Nick Blocher and I'm a Christ following, otaku woodsman, preparing for the zombie invasion! That's somewhat close to what I'm in a nutshell. Also emurock is my geocaching name which I use for that and other internet sites to. I'm also big vocaloid fan, I do enjoy gaming from time to time but the main games that I play are DDR and Harvestmoon. Well that just a few things about me and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

You are the only other person I've ever heard admit to playing Harvest Moon <3 haha That's awesome n___n

emurock
09-15-2010, 09:33 PM
You are the only other person I've ever heard admit to playing Harvest Moon <3 haha That's awesome n___n

Thanks, I enjoy harvesting my crops and having good times doing so.

RamenPoodle
09-15-2010, 10:21 PM

Playing a genuinely fun, heartwarming, enjoyable, and rewarding game series? Why on earth would people want to keep that a secret?

Harvest Moon 64 is the only one I was able to get though.

Not to mention that playing Harvest Moon as a child (for guys, anyway) is pretty much the gateway to other dating sims/visual novels for when you grow up.

Shadegem
09-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Oh-hai-yo!
Hey, I'm Becca. I'm also a new member this year for the club. =^_^= I'm into anime and manga (of course), as well as East Asian dramas and cooking, Japanese culture, RPGing, and one day I want to learn Japanese.
I was the president and reviver of the Anime Manga Youth Club at the Academy at WKU (which was renamed Nippon Kulture, Anime, and Manga Individuals (Nikami)).

*If you want to get addicted to something funny, random, and sweet, just ask me for some asian drama titles. I'm slowly corrupting your study time. And if it's already been stolen by anime, I can drag you into the 3rd dimension: live actions of famous anime and manga. And trust me, these dramas are no where near what you see in the US/Mexico/Europe.

RamenPoodle
09-15-2010, 10:37 PM
*If you want to get addicted to something funny, random, and sweet, just ask me for some asian drama titles. I'm slowly corrupting your study time. And if it's already been stolen by anime, I can drag you into the 3rd dimension: live actions of famous anime and manga. And trust me, these dramas are no where near what you see in the US/Mexico/Europe.

When you say "live actions of anime and manga", are you talking about things like the live action Honey and Clover adaptation, the NANA live action movie, the Higurashi live action movie, and (dare I mention it) the Detroit Metal City movie? Because those things are awesome.

And Asian dramas can be especially fun; if you ever do decide to take Japanese, you'll actually get to watch a few (in their native language, of course, usually sans subtitles).

Ryujin99
09-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Well I thought that I would have posted on a thread like this already... but I suppose I haven't. Anyways, my name's Jacob for those who don't already know. I divide my free time mostly between anime and adventure and/or RPG video games.
Primarily I've played Square-Enix and Legend of Zelda games, though there are a few others that I like playing, and even more that I know I'd enjoy playing.
Lately I've been playing the heck out of several of my LofZ games.
Also, I've been watching a number of simulcast series on the Funimation video portal.
And another thing that's good to know is that my mind jumps around a lot, so... drat I forget what I was going to say.

Anyways, I've been a club member since last year, and my screen name is usually Ryujin99, so I'm pretty easy to locate... on the sites that I actually have accounts.

And a final note: for those who really like anime, I suggest checking out MyAnimeList.net It's a great site to keep track of what you've watched, watching, and/or planning to watch.

Shadegem
09-18-2010, 02:00 PM
When you say "live actions of anime and manga", are you talking about things like the live action Honey and Clover adaptation, the NANA live action movie, the Higurashi live action movie, and (dare I mention it) the Detroit Metal City movie? Because those things are awesome.

I'm not entirely sure, I've never looked into those. But there's Boys over Flowers, which is based off the manga, as well as Absolute Boyfriend, Hana Kimi, Antique Bakery (which I never read the manga for but the movie was interesting), Coffee Prince, and a ton more. Basically if something is very popular they'll try to make a drama of it. And the countries like to compete too: Boys over flowers (Korean), was made to better the Japanese and Taiwanese versions on visuals (they have some pretty hot guys in it. ^_^), while the Taiwanese version sticks a bit closer to the actual storyline and the Japanese version covers a lot more of the manga's plot (or so I've heard. Haven't gotten to watch that one yet.) The dramas are (well, depending on the country) about 1 hr long episodes that have anywhere from 14 to 23 episodes a season, which means I've spent my lazy days off watching 4 or more episodes in one sitting and then stopping to get some food.
But just judge for yourself. asianrice.tv is a great place to find them, so just watch the first 10 min or so of Boys over flowers (korean) and see how you like it. :)

RamenPoodle
09-19-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm not entirely sure, I've never looked into those. But there's Boys over Flowers, which is based off the manga, as well as Absolute Boyfriend, Hana Kimi, Antique Bakery (which I never read the manga for but the movie was interesting), Coffee Prince, and a ton more. Basically if something is very popular they'll try to make a drama of it. And the countries like to compete too: Boys over flowers (Korean), was made to better the Japanese and Taiwanese versions on visuals (they have some pretty hot guys in it. ^_^), while the Taiwanese version sticks a bit closer to the actual storyline and the Japanese version covers a lot more of the manga's plot (or so I've heard. Haven't gotten to watch that one yet.) The dramas are (well, depending on the country) about 1 hr long episodes that have anywhere from 14 to 23 episodes a season, which means I've spent my lazy days off watching 4 or more episodes in one sitting and then stopping to get some food.
But just judge for yourself. asianrice.tv is a great place to find them, so just watch the first 10 min or so of Boys over flowers (korean) and see how you like it. :)

I guess it would make sense that I haven't watched any of those, as they're all shonen-ai. I'm a guy, and I do love my shojo, but I tend to leave that category to the girls. Thanks anyway though. I highly recommend anything I talked about in the previous post for really good live-action though.

AnHero
09-19-2010, 09:11 PM
desu desu desu

lyndwyrm
09-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Hello, I'm Josh, just joined the club this semester.
Lessee.... is there anything you really need to know about me? Hmmmm... Well, what anime I like would help I guess.... So far as I've seen, everything I like goes on a case by case basis, though I tend to like a number of darker series, even if dark purely in humor, i.e. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Hmmm... I like overuse of ellipses... ummm... Like most other people I know, I've liked all of Miyazaki's works I've seen, I tend to like clichés even though they're overused, I liked the first season of Darker than Black (and would like to see the second), Ergo Proxy, Casshern Sins (confusing as... let's say... the number i but still interesting), manga of xxxHolic (only seen the movie for the anime) and various other things.

Like most other people fan-service is good, but too much of a good thing can be bad... loooong pause........... and then it just pisses me off.

Ah, yes one other thing. I also tend to avoid the incredibly popular, though the definition of that is pretty vague, I've grown farther away from Code Geass, Death Note, and Naruto in reverse order. All this is essentially saying, is that I refuse to become or remain a fan of some series.

Well, let's not put my life story in one post. That's all for now! (omit folks)
Oh, but one more thing, we sometimes subconsciously talk in plural first person.
And enough is never enough.

Edit: oh yeah, ryujin99/jake is my older brother.

AnHero
09-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Hello, I'm Josh, just joined the club this semester.

Okaeri Nasai Awesome-san
youkuso UK Anime Clubbbuuu desu

RamenPoodle
09-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Okaeri Nasai Awesome-san
youkuso UK Anime Clubbbuuu desu

You're in Japanese class, you know. You can now take the weeaboo-speak to the next level and add hiragana! XD

Also, a brotip: it's spelled yookoso in English but transcribed as youkoso. It's the title of your freakin' textbook, how do you misspell that? lol Besides, when you get into transcription, shit gets weird. Double consonants and tricky vowels and stuff. And when you get into the rare item synthesis portion of the course, it gets even weirder *.

oh yeah, and you'll most likely watch a Miyazaki movie without subtitles. Your teacher may vary; hell, we watched One Piece at one point.

* For anyone actually wondering, there is unfortunately no rare item synthesis portion in JPN 101. Sorry. :(

RamenPoodle
09-24-2010, 11:21 PM
desu desu desu

Didn't this used to be a post where you proclaimed your love for shonen-ai? You can't hide from me. ;)

AnHero
09-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Didn't this used to be a post where you proclaimed your love for shonen-ai? You can't hide from me. ;)

I THOUGHT I WAS REFERRING TO REVERSE HAREMS

desu

beth-nay
11-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Yo.

*waves*

My name is Bethany and I am currently not a member of the UK anime club, however, I have been trying to get in contact with someone to find out about the club and then stumbled onto this lovely site.

I thought the introduction section would be the fastest way to get the information I need.

Oh.

And I am very interested in joining the club.

Oh.

And I love the anime and the pudding pops. I am currently watching SoulEater.

papa_smurf
11-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Welcome to the site Bethany. :) We would love to have you join. We meet every tuesday at 6pm in the student center, in room 111 (one of the rooms where you got your student ID). Every week at 5pm, we usually go out to eat before the meeting. The homepage for our site should list which place we are meeting next (http://www.ukanime.org/). Feel free to come on by to the next meeting! :)

Phazonmasher
11-13-2010, 02:04 AM
Welcome to the site Bethany. :) We would love to have you join. We meet every tuesday at 6pm in the student center, in room 111 (one of the rooms where you got your student ID). Every week at 5pm, we usually go out to eat before the meeting. The homepage for our site should list which place we are meeting next (http://www.ukanime.org/). Feel free to come on by to the next meeting! :)

Way to go Sean. Taking the job of the president, I like that initiative!

Everything Sean (Papa Smurf) said is the truth, Bethany. We would love to have some new people show up. We're always looking for wonderful new people who can lead the club into a wonderful age once dinosaurs like me leave.

ZERO
11-13-2010, 03:33 AM
Yea I will be doing some more updates to the site so it will be easier for new people to find information.

papa_smurf
11-13-2010, 04:55 AM
Way to go Sean. Taking the job of the president, I like that initiative!

Dee durp dher dhob? ;P

beth-nay
11-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

=]

I guess I'll see you guys at 5pm. It's at Qdoba, right?

Phazonmasher
11-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

=]

I guess I'll see you guys at 5pm. It's at Qdoba, right?

YES! We will be eating at Qdoba this week. I didn't choose it but it's an alright choice...

Xingster
01-30-2011, 11:40 PM
Hey, All.
Name's Xing.
I'm still a High School Senior, but i'm going to be a Freshman at UK next year, so might as well get started. I might be dropping in for a meeting... soon.
I would like to thanks Amir for pointing me in the right direction, to you guys.
I'm a computer junkie, and do repairs right now for a ind. study class. Might work part-time fixing equipment in college...
I had my Otaku Renaissance in December 2009 and have been running non-stop ever since.
As to what i've got on the Otaku Front...
Does 137 series and 1.58 TB of UPDATED SUBBED Anime sound appealing to anyone?
2.298 TB if you throw in Raws.
Let's not even get into manga.
1358 Series spanning 140G+, just for the record.
I also make AMVs and write fanon, and i hope to become a part of the family in the coming years.
Till we meet in person,
Xingster

RamenPoodle
01-31-2011, 12:10 PM
Hey, All.
Name's Xing.
I'm still a High School Senior, but i'm going to be a Freshman at UK next year, so might as well get started. I might be dropping in for a meeting... soon.
I would like to thanks Amir for pointing me in the right direction, to you guys.
I'm a computer junkie, and do repairs right now for a ind. study class. Might work part-time fixing equipment in college...
I had my Otaku Renaissance in December 2009 and have been running non-stop ever since.
As to what i've got on the Otaku Front...
Does 137 series and 1.58 TB of UPDATED SUBBED Anime sound appealing to anyone?
2.298 TB if you throw in Raws.
Let's not even get into manga.
1358 Series spanning 140G+, just for the record.
I also make AMVs and write fanon, and i hope to become a part of the family in the coming years.
Till we meet in person,
Xingster

You seem like a pretty seasoned otaku then, and that's great ^^ Sometimes we just don't have enough of those, so it will be nice to welcome you.

We have a meeting tomorrow from 6-10 PM if you want to check it out.

I have no idea what we'll be watching but last meeting we finished Panty and Stocking and watched an episode of Ika Musume (Squid Girl). So we watch a pretty big variety.

Xingster
01-31-2011, 04:51 PM
Eh.
Seasoned? No.
I've been Watching Anime and Reading Manga again for just over two years.
My collection is huge, but about 60% of the anime is just stockpile for a rainy day.
Enthusatic?
Bet you two Philosopher's stones i am.

RamenPoodle
01-31-2011, 07:17 PM
What type of anime do you enjoy, and what are your favorite series? Do you have a list somewhere online of anime that you've watched?

ZERO
01-31-2011, 07:20 PM
Glad to see you on the forums, hopefully you will meet us at one of the meetings this semester!

Also I just watched all of Ika Musume last night and really enjoyed it. (yes after getting home from the con I watched the entire series from episode 1 (well it was unplanned until I saw ep4 and then I could not stop))

Xingster
01-31-2011, 07:45 PM
Thought you would never ask. I've got an incomplete Anime and Manga Top 25.
The list is incomplete.

Top Ranked Manga Franchises
1. Naruto by Masashi Kishimoto (99.5/100) (Code Reference: NAR)

2. Mahou Sensei Negima by Ken Akamatsu (97.5/100) (Code Reference: MSN)

3. Ah! My Goddess/Ah! Megami-Sama by Kosuke Fujishima (96/100) (Code Reference: AMG)

4. Fullmetal Alchemist by Hiromu Arakawa (95.5/100) (Code Reference: FMA)

5. Fairy Tail by Hiro Mashima (94/100) (Code Reference: FTL)

6. Hayate no Gotoku/ Hayate the Combat Butler by Kenjiro Hata (93/100) (Code Reference: HNG)

7. Bleach by Tite Kubo (91/100) (Code Reference: BCH)

8. Sekirei by Gokurakuin Sakurako (90.5/100) (Code Reference: SKI)

9. Love Hina by Ken Akamatsu (90/100) (Code Reference: LHA)

10. Rosario to Vampire* (88.5/100) (Code Reference: RTV)

13. Kimi no Iru Machi by Seo Kouji (86/100) (Code Reference: KIM)

14. Cage of Eden by Yamada Keiyou (84/100) (Code Reference: COE)

15. Suzuka by Seo Kouji (83.5/100) (Code Reference: SUK)

16. Highschool of the Dead by Daisuke Sato and Shoji Sato (80.5/100) (Code Reference: HOD)

17. Mysterious Girlfriend X by Usehiba Riichi (80/100) (Code Reference: MGX)

20 Fire Emblem: Hasha no Tsurugi by Izawa Hiroshi & Yamada Koutarou (75/100) (Code Reference: FET)

Currently in the hopper: One Piece, Inuyasha, Shaman King, I''S, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Black Lagoon, Bakuman, Air Gear.
To name a few.

Top Ranked Anime Franchises

1. Martian Successor Nadesico (99.5/100) (Code Reference: MaSN)

2. Mahou Sensei Negima (97/100) (Code Reference: MSN)

3. Naruto/Naruto Shippuden (94.5/100) (Code Reference: NAR)

4. Ah my Goddess (94/100) (Code Reference AMG)

5. Hayate no Gotoku/Hayate the Combat Butler (93/100) (Code Reference: HNG)

6. Rosario to Vampire (92.5/100) (Code Reference: RTV)

7. Full Metal Panic (92/100) (Code Reference: FMP)

8. Lucky Star (91.5/100) (Code Reference: LST)

9. Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (91/100) (Code Reference: FMA)

10. Bleach (90.5/100) (Code Reference: BCH)

11. Fairy Tail (90/100) (Code Reference: FTL)

12. Nagasarete Airantou (89.5/100) (Code Reference: NAU)

13. Bamboo Blade (89/100) (Code Reference: BBE)

14. Zoids (88/100) (Code Reference: ZOD)

15. Gundam (85/100) (Code Reference: GDM) (Gundam is special, for each different series, for instance, wing, would be Code Reference: GDM:W)

16. Dragonball Z (84/100) (Code Reference: DBZ)

17. Love Hina (82/100) (Code Reference: LOH)

The Negima ones are heavily based on the OADs.
Currently in the Hopper: One Piece, Inuyasha, Shaman King, Slayers, Axis Powers Hetalia, Cowboy Bebop, Claymore, Death Note, Da Capo, Code Geass, Ef a Tale of Memories, Elfen Lied, Eureka Seven, FLCL, Green Green, Hellsing, Heroic Age, Nadia the Secret of Blue Water, Matantei Loki Ragnarok, Outlaw Star, Pandora Hearts, Ranma 1/2, Queen's Blade, Planet ES, Rosen Maiden, Sacred Blacksmith, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Seolpm no Qwaser, Soul Eater, To Love-RU, Toradora, Trigun, and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.
To name a few.

ZERO
01-31-2011, 09:34 PM
#5 includes both seasons right!?

Xingster
01-31-2011, 09:53 PM
#5 includes both seasons right!?

Anime?
Yea. Hoping for a Season 3 and the movie to be good.

RamenPoodle
01-31-2011, 10:37 PM
Your taste is awesome, man. Welcome to the club in advance.

(It's not like we would have turned you down otherwise or anything, just was curious XD)

If you want to look at mine, just click on the thing below that says MyAnimeList (the Anime-Planet one is kind of outdated)

I think you'll see we share similar tastes. Oh yeah, my scores aren't really indicative of anything. I enjoy most everything so I just rate everything really high.

Xingster
02-01-2011, 07:15 PM
It's hard for me too, but i can usually pick out some favorites. There are some strict guidelines i go through that seperate the good from the great from the elite.

Xingster
02-01-2011, 11:09 PM
So...
Anyone wanna duel?

ZERO
02-02-2011, 12:05 AM
So...
Anyone wanna duel?

Guns or swords?

Xingster
02-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Neither.
A children's card game.
But yes, swords and guns too, if i must.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Neither.
A children's card game.
But yes, swords and guns too, if i must.

please PLEASE say magic.

Xingster
02-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Sorry. Not quite THAT old.

aikon
09-02-2018, 09:53 AM
Replying to this post, but generally being soooo booreeed. Anyone recommend sth fun to do? xD