PDA

View Full Version : zombie classes

Sexy_Penguin
07-17-2008, 06:33 PM
The zombie mods should always be classic, and restrict the machine gun, so that the game is more fun and fair, sometimes seeing zombies going super fast and super jumping and invisible takes out the fun of the zombie game

whytboiz33
07-17-2008, 06:53 PM
sexy penguins wouldn't think like that

vicious
07-17-2008, 10:35 PM
:lmao:

I think people are happy with the zombie server the way it is, maybe different models like zero said, and new maps, but thats all.

The machine gun is no problem since we are a reload + limited ammo server.

ZERO
07-18-2008, 11:06 PM
classes are the point of this version vs classic. If you have suggestions of how we should better balance our classes we are always open to new ideas. also we can balance maps to a degree so if there are issues on some maps we can work on fixing that to :wtg:

whytboiz33
07-19-2008, 11:57 PM
that hentai chick in ur AV is hottt, zero. lmao

ZERO
07-22-2008, 04:32 PM
What about these:
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/images/avatars/Haruhi_Suzumiya/nekoharuhisp6.gifhttp://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/images/avatars/Haruhi_Suzumiya/haruhi01011jx.gifhttp://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/images/avatars/Haruhi_Suzumiya/haruhi019xp.gifhttp://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/images/avatars/Haruhi_Suzumiya/animation5a4fl.gifhttp://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/images/avatars/Haruhi_Suzumiya/haruhi12094bm.gifhttp://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/images/avatars/Haruhi_Suzumiya/haruhiopava1v28bn.gifhttp://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/images/avatars/Haruhi_Suzumiya/haruhi14049uv.gif

Just look in the Haruhi Suzumiya section of the avatars in the forums...

Walter
07-24-2008, 07:07 AM
Perhaps you could try to make the classes a bit more interesting and unique. Some classes(deformed and infected?) don't seem like they're worth playing. Maybe make a guy with no knock back and fast speed but only like 250hp.

ZERO
07-26-2008, 02:03 AM
I think that if I change deformed to that crawling model it will make him harder to hit and will create a new aspect.

DarkRavin
07-29-2008, 07:43 AM
I think that if I change deformed to that crawling model it will make him harder to hit and will create a new aspect.

I wouldn't mine that. Right now the deform is just a target. Its slow, slower in a vent, and a statue when its been naded. Its health could be beafed up to 7500, instead of 5000. That would help ^_^

ManBearPig <ibis>
07-29-2008, 06:04 PM
What about a type of zombie that was always drugged. Like when the screen goes all crazy when people punish you. The drugged zombie would have better stats than normal to compensate for the difficult control. It could probably only be used by people that practice a lot or have some skill. Just throwing the idea out there.

Stamp
07-29-2008, 10:40 PM
Not that my opinion will weigh in a hell of a lot here, but, in my eyes the deformed seem alright as is. They have a decent amount of health but beefage doesn't hurt. They're good as tanks to take down tubes and sometimes vents.

As for dropping to just classics... I think that'd be just outrageous. It'll add no flavor. It's more fun having different types of zombies... a different strategy is required for each one..

deaf
07-29-2008, 11:40 PM
one of the distinguishing feature of the server are the multiple zombie classes. w/o them itll be just like any other server, albeit easier because were all use to getting chased down by armies of fast zombies :P

MafiaMatic
07-31-2008, 05:58 PM
You really just have to know how to play each zombie. i Rape people when im deformed, but of coarse it sucks really bad when you are the starting zombie and like 5 people with mgs start killing you.

walterbrunswick
08-07-2008, 12:18 PM
I wouldn't mine that. Right now the deform is just a target. Its slow, slower in a vent, and a statue when its been naded. Its health could be beafed up to 7500, instead of 5000. That would help ^_^

This is a good idea, and I wouldn't object.

To digress for a moment; does anyone think that the arsenal in the game could be slightly altered; e.g. restrict M249s to a total of 10/8/5/whatever; allow AWPs to a total of 10/8/5/whatever, etc. Let's be honest, two persons camping in long tubes with two Paras doesn't allow for a fair opportunity for zombies in the present state of the zombie classes and attributes, which goes back to DarkRavin's argument of how the deformed could stand to be upgraded, more HP, faster, etc.

In my opinion this would make the game more challenging and also present more options on different maps (e.g. long-distance firing). Let's be realistic, the AWP itself is not an effective weapon against zombies; while it does deal significant damage, its bolt-action mechanism is slow in operation and it does not create significant blow-back (compared to say the 12-gauge pump-action)

walterbrunswick
08-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Another idea is to create a financial-buy system like the one that exists in regular Counter Strike where you get money for zombie kills and whatnot.

These are only ideas; feel free to suggest/build upon them.

darkfire313
08-07-2008, 03:28 PM
I like that idea about the financial-buy system it would be funner having to stay alive so that you will have enough money to get your weapons for the next rounds instead of always having money. Maybe they could limit the mgs to just a few (like 3-4/team) or something like that and let there be more awps. most people wont use them because it doesnt shoot fast, but i love them.

ZERO
08-07-2008, 05:39 PM
What I would really like to see is the development of an advanced human classes system. Where human classes had characteristics like zombie classes except that they get only cretin weapons and powers.

Think like WC3 mod or Onslaught put together minus the leveling. I think that this would finally create the dynamic gameplay and team strategy that many ZM fans desire. :smirk:

D-Monic
08-07-2008, 05:46 PM
that would probably make it a lot more interesting

darkfire313
08-07-2008, 09:42 PM
wow...that sounds like it has potential for a real sweet mod...

Baliame
08-08-2008, 10:09 PM
I don't believe health is the problem of Deformed, it's just that they are easy to disable. In my opinion, a little speed boost and less or no speed penalty while burning would do.
Also, I've never seen people use Infected, I don't even know what model it is. It's a gimped version of Deformed offering no extras - trading off half the health for a little more speed and jump isn't really good enough. Infected should get something appealing, unique, not too overpowered.

On another note, human classes definately sounds fun.

ZERO
08-09-2008, 01:06 AM
The intent of the infected was to have a zombie that would work well under most conditions b/c it has the second lowest knockback 3rd most health and is pretty quick.

How about it I lower the knockback on that one more, then it would be more simular to a faster deformed only that it would lack the health and have a bit more speed. :smirk:

Stamp
08-09-2008, 02:08 AM
What I would really like to see is the development of an advanced human classes system. Where human classes had characteristics like zombie classes except that they get only cretin weapons and powers.

Think like WC3 mod or Onslaught put together minus the leveling. I think that this would finally create the dynamic gameplay and team strategy that many ZM fans desire. :smirk:

Zero, just speaking from a military... background(?) if you can call it that.

If you're thinking along the lines of human classes, think military, law enforcement, and/or black ops/contract agencies.

Military is split in sub-sections, and just going from your human classes idea... gunners, rifleman, grenadiers, etc. I don't know how exactly you would create sub-divisions for the classes, but rifleman would be your medium weight rifles, sub-machine guns, etc. Gunners would be MG, heavy weaponry. Snipers could be another class, rifles that have telescopic capabilities. The basic premise, in my eyes, would be to hypothetically build one kick-ass element based on supremacy of classes. These would create helpful atmospheres as players would have to befriend each other and create strategies to build upon one another. Basically a squad of rifleman MIGHT do it, but if you had a squad build with a gunner, couple rifleman and any other class you built that worked together, they could effectively rape round after round. That way ya can't be like pooter and just go to the solo spot and rack up a cade and just pillage for the next 5 minutes with your MG, lol.

This however, might deter some from using IBIS, in my opinion. Someone jumps in, brand new, never got their boots wet, and everyone splits off with their team leaving this guy stuck, alone, helpless. A good team-building atmosphere would need to be established, provided some maturity is used by players and they don't just tell the new guy to eff off and good luck.

LE and Black Ops would be similarly organized to the military, as both are considered "paramilitary organizations."

Vladninja
08-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Ok I understand what Stamp just said but cant even begin to formulate a good response to somthing so involved. Sounds like classes for humans is a great idea but will be a whole new list of pros and cons and all kinds of mess to sort out. Team balancing will be a major issue and I agree Id hate to be the one new guy who doesnt have a clue. Though if anyone can do it I believe Zero would be the one to make it happen!

I'd also like to say I got to see the new crawling zombie class in action last night and it looked super cool. The no damage except head shot thing didnt work... but the guy is still so low to the ground I think it wont matter given a fair amount of health. I also cant even imagine seeing 3 or 4 of those "things" crawling towards you in a vent!!!
:samurai:

ZERO
08-09-2008, 01:07 PM
When I started demoing the idea 6 months ago here is what I ended with: oops I forgot the forums got deleted.

Basically what you already said except their would be a priest class. It is also important to note that I want the classes to have special items in addition to powers just like in onslaught. Speeds would also be different based on classes, for example the light armed strike forces would move fast but only have tmps and mac10s. However their special power could be a jump pad or the ability to turn invisible for a short time. The priest would be the one to have the most special items but they are logically limited. The reg rifleman could have stim packs for example but nothing stops them from handing them out to the heavies, summarily the heavies may have amo packs but they could give them to snipers. Some weapons could be made to do splash damage or only do it for a short time. In the next year after the release of the orange box update I am going to try to promote this mod concept as much as possible. I think that making the idea public to help gain support is the first step. With players already demanding a mod that is not even under development maybe we can get this crazy thing.

FYI, this one guy is making a "human classes" mod but it is very very basic and not close at all to what I would like to be able to do.

deaf
08-09-2008, 01:47 PM
hmmm thats sounds very much like team fortress, would the mod be eaiser to develop using that game/engine?

ZERO
08-09-2008, 04:30 PM
No, especially b/c it is the same engine.

darkfire313
08-09-2008, 05:29 PM
mabey we should post this idea on other forums to gain support for it...might get some help to get it done faster...but that is just a thought.

Baliame
08-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Congrats on the new Deformed, it's really awesome. Just one little thing, is there a tweak to make it's viewpoint a little lower, so you see can see what the zombie sees?

As for the Infected, yeah, a knockback of 2, speed of 300 and maybe a health of 3000 would make it a more popular.

Finally, a question: What exactly will human classes do? Do they give little bonuses and equally penalties such as
Heavy Machinegunner: 25% faster reload with the MG (really worth a class, it's a widely used weapon) tradeoff for slower speed + cannot carry a pistol? <- just an idea made up on-spot.

ZERO
08-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Sort of, they get powers and changes in speed and jump and what kind of weapon they can have and even how much amo.

Stamp
08-09-2008, 08:48 PM
When I started demoing the idea 6 months ago here is what I ended with: oops I forgot the forums got deleted.

Basically what you already said except their would be a priest class. It is also important to note that I want the classes to have special items in addition to powers just like in onslaught. Speeds would also be different based on classes, for example the light armed strike forces would move fast but only have tmps and mac10s. However their special power could be a jump pad or the ability to turn invisible for a short time. The priest would be the one to have the most special items but they are logically limited. The reg rifleman could have stim packs for example but nothing stops them from handing them out to the heavies, summarily the heavies may have amo packs but they could give them to snipers. Some weapons could be made to do splash damage or only do it for a short time. In the next year after the release of the orange box update I am going to try to promote this mod concept as much as possible. I think that making the idea public to help gain support is the first step. With players already demanding a mod that is not even under development maybe we can get this crazy thing.

FYI, this one guy is making a "human classes" mod but it is very very basic and not close at all to what I would like to be able to do.

Yeah, thats really close to what I was thinking. The classes are not only dedicated to weapons, but if they work as a team with other classes, they could become an invincible element.

Can you do it Zero? lol

Ya got my support.

Baliame
08-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Sounds fun indeed. In that case, I'd like to add a few ideas here:
Heavy (v.2): 25% faster reload with the M249, but he can only carry an M249 and grenades. They have the aforementioned ammo packs.
Commando: Can only carry SMGs and Pistols. +25 speed and +25 jump. SMG clips are 50% larger. (if clip sizes can be modified) For a special ability, maybe temporary full cloak as a good escape tactic.
Demolitioner: Shotguns and Pistols. +25 speed. Slightly faster shotgun reload. Has seven explosive shotgun shells, each one doing devastating damage and setting any enemies it hits on fire.
Also, if classes are going to get extra jump, a little bonus health to humans wouldn't be bad (as it really doesn't matter, zombie instakills), seeing the poison takes damage if you land on the same level you jump off from.

Meanwhile I've found a problem with the new Deformed. It needs a slightly higher jump, since there are spots which it cannot jump up to and humans can, unless it's intended of course.

Finally, since I gathered programming knowledge over the years, I'm attempting to familiarize myself with the eventscripts, see if I can be of any help. Is the zombie classes script source public?

Walter
08-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Sounds fun indeed. In that case, I'd like to add a few ideas here:
Heavy (v.2): 25% faster reload with the M249, but he can only carry an M249 and grenades. They have the aforementioned ammo packs.
Commando: Can only carry SMGs and Pistols. +50 speed and +25 jump. SMG clips are 50% larger. (if clip sizes can be modified) For a special ability, maybe temporary full cloak as a good escape tactic.
Demolitioner: Shotguns and Pistols. +75 speed. Slightly faster shotgun reload. Has seven explosive shotgun shells, each one doing devastating damage and setting any enemies it hits on fire.
Also, if classes are going to get extra jump, a little bonus health to humans wouldn't be bad (as it really doesn't matter, zombie instakills), seeing the poison takes damage if you land on the same level you jump off from.

Meanwhile I've found a problem with the new Deformed. It needs a slightly higher jump, since there are spots which it cannot jump up to and humans can, unless it's intended of course.

Finally, since I gathered programming knowledge over the years, I'm attempting to familiarize myself with the eventscripts, see if I can be of any help. Is the zombie classes script source public?

I don't think humans should be given speed boosts unless they're a weaker class(pistol only, maybe a tmp/scout, a scout type class). Going even faster as a human makes it very hard for a zombie to get to humans even out in the open with the knockback. Is it possible to certain classes have weapons do more damage?

Stamp
08-10-2008, 12:16 AM
Is it possible to certain classes have weapons do more damage?

I think that would be the point of the class. My thoughts about the classes would be increased accuracy with certain weapons their class is dedicated to, plus some additional options.

Like I said about gunners, if you make some class like that, they're a heavy weapons expert. You don't expect them (in reality) run at full speed and keep up with the rest of the crew, do you? A gunner would have to be a small percent slower than the rest of the human classes. Ammo packs, etc.

Maybe grenadiers would be a class where they can carry SMG's, nothing higher. But somehow they'd have the ability to get grenades anywhere (if possible?) or maybe like with gun-game, the grenade would come with "!give" command or something to that effect. Maybe a small percent faster than normal?

Riflemen/commandos would carry small arms or below, M4/AK's, SMGS, other rifles, etc. Not as heavy as gunners so they'd have a normal speed maybe slightly faster...

Ninjas? Extend the reach of a human's knife! Projectile knives!!! lol EXTRA fast too!

As for that deformed, Zero, that little bastard looks sick! The half torso and head just rollin around was funny as hell! Kudos!

Baliame
08-10-2008, 01:25 AM
I've did a run though Eventscripts Wiki, and I've found interesting stuff. You can change any variable of an entity, including an individual player or a weapon, defined in the source code. If, that is, you can get the name of the variable somehow. Fortunately, most of them reside in the base classes, accessible from the Source SDK-esque HL2 source code. There are certain non-variable values which are unchangable, though.

Alright, after some research, I've found out that Valve has been quite an arse about variables. I cannot see any way to change the clip size, reload time, or damage of any individual weapon (with the exception of the damage of grenades).

deaf
08-10-2008, 10:04 AM
clip size can changed, i played on a zombie horde server once where m4 had 100 bullets and 800 clip(not sure about clip). the thing was you couldnt reload at 30, cos than i defaulted to default clip, you had to reload at any number but 30.

Baliame
08-10-2008, 11:28 AM
I know, that's basically the only thing you can change that's worth changing, but it's called "ammo currently in clip", not "clip size". I can change that but after you reload it resets to 30.

You know Clip is in the weapon right? :/
---

Increasing the damage of weapons is now possible, a little dodgy though; for an x% damage increase, it's basically doing x% of the damage done using es commands after the original damage has been done to the player. Bottom line, it works, possible now. I've yet to find a solution for reload times.

---

I've found some evil things I'll be able to use for this mod. I have one question though; is it possible to force all humans into CT at the beginning of each round? It may be a tad lot easier to set up this script so it doesn't affect zombies like that, since currently I have no idea how to hook up zombiemod with the script. Another way would be delaying the class effect changes until zombie spawn, however, that may leave a "security hole" in the script with the restricted class weapons.

I took the time to code a shotgunner class, which can only use shotguns, pistols and grenades, and has a 7-use-per-life special ability "Fire Shell", which sets the first zombie it hits on fire. Later, I'll test it with bots.

mkII
08-11-2008, 07:46 PM
What about a type of zombie that was always drugged. Like when the screen goes all crazy when people punish you. The drugged zombie would have better stats than normal to compensate for the difficult control. It could probably only be used by people that practice a lot or have some skill. Just throwing the idea out there.

This idea sounds awesome. I think (of course I have no basis for this) that it would be pretty easy to just try it out with an existing zombie and see how it goes. If it ends up sucking then just replace it with the original zombie.

MafiaMatic
08-12-2008, 05:11 AM
Drugging a fast zombie would be interesting as they would be hard to control...

Baliame
08-12-2008, 11:42 AM
How about a seperate command, say, !zversion, where you could select if your zombie is "normal" or "drugged", each zombie getting maybe 25-50% extra health if they choose the drugged version. That would be a good way to avoid making a new class. And as a visual sign, the zombie's color could be changed to gray.

Stamp
08-12-2008, 04:30 PM

lol Zero, you made him harder to hit alright...:lmao:

If you use a vending machine for a cade, you can't even see the little bastard to hit him... :banghead: