PDA

View Full Version : Help for Campus Ruckus

AnHero
05-01-2010, 09:32 PM
It's a given that Zach will be participating in Campus ruckus already, I am also available for the summer to work on Ruckus preparations past June 1st

Basically Zach would like to have Volunteers do Cosplay and possibly attract a lot of (positive or negative... i wouldn't know) publicity for the club and get some new members

Jobs would probably entail making fliers, setting up a table, creating cosplays, and learning dances/etc from popular anime if we decide on it

If you are free during the summer at all, and have a free schedule to help out for campus ruckus during K-Week, you should post a reply here

Ryujin99
05-04-2010, 03:24 PM
I'd be happy to help out with Campus Ruckus, but I need to know a few things:
When is it?
Do we have a cosplay/flyer theme?
What dances?
Any other info that's relevant to the event.

I should have time to mess around with sewing and such over the summer to make a half-decent cosplay, but I'll need to know what I should make, asap.

Basically, tell me some specifics and I'll see what I can do. I'll be able to say more about how much I'll be able to do once I know a little more about the plans.^_^;

acolyte_to_jippity
05-04-2010, 03:27 PM
When is it?
What dances?

I should have time to mess around with sewing and such over the summer to make a half-decent cosplay, but I'll need to know what I should make, asap.

Basically, tell me some specifics and I'll see what I can do. I'll be able to say more about how much I'll be able to do once I know a little more about the plans.^_^;

i'm not at uk, obviously, but i know what you should make. either alucard or anderson. done

AnHero
05-04-2010, 06:20 PM
When is it?
What dances?

Campus ruckus will take place around the first week of school. You may or may not already have classes at the moment

for dances I'm looking at something like the haruhi ending dance or the Caramelldansen dance, something simple or well known amongst anime fans would be fun to do.

Flyer themes have not been done, please PM Zach or Me you're designs if you want, if it is good we could probably use it. I am free to make a design if nobody wants to, but its not good if i have all the spotlight for club activity

Cosplay... Originally going to be Ouran High School Host Club, however some people including myself would like to do other types of Cosplay... So if you would like to do something else besides that as a group or individually please submit you're reply

If there are enough people for the Host club idea, we will probably do that. If not many people are interested, Zach will probably allow individual cosplay

For any more info in case i don't respond, email me at [email protected] or IM me at ObsoleteSavior @ AIM.com

Phazonmasher
05-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Campus Ruckus is traditionally the Saturday before school starts. This means that upperclassmen who usually move into their dorms on Sunday need to move in on Friday or Saturday. It usually takes place at Memorial Coliseum at the parking lot aka K Lot. It runs from about 7 p.m. to about midnight. You will be standing a lot and you will be getting bumrushed by freshmen trying to get to the cotton candy machine that some random frat has set up. We will prevail though and kidnap some of them with our wonderful cosplay. Also, the host club idea seems to be generally disliked so I'm allowing individual cosplay but please put some effort into it. I'm not asking for awesome Japanese comiket perfection but don't put on a ratty white t-shirt, blue jeans and some eyeliner and call yourself L. That shit pisses me off.

Shoron
05-05-2010, 07:59 PM
I have to be at UK on the 16th as it is, so sure, I can help out. If we can get power, we can have AMV's running to attract with flashing lights and bitchin' tunes.

AnHero
05-06-2010, 12:00 AM
I have to be at UK on the 16th as it is, so sure, I can help out. If we can get power, we can have AMV's running to attract with flashing lights and bitchin' tunes.

Ehhh... i dont know if we would get positive publicity through projecting AMV's during an event when other music and etc are going on... then again i dont know the rules or anything behind the event, so it might be possible

The idea I'm doing is making demo-cd's with currently aired unlicensed series on them

It'll be the subbed 1st/2nd episodes of the spring/summer 2010 season from TV rips, so we shouldn't face any issues towards licenses/etc....

Shoron
05-06-2010, 12:55 PM
I dunno about that. At the rate things seem to get licensed around here, that could run into trouble and could cost a lot to do. There wasn't too much music if I remember from where the club was stationed last year. Also, there was that club stand that we had during the latter part of K-Week that was very quiet. I dunno. Bright flashing lights, pretty colors, moe girls on a computer screen. Sounds appealing.

papa_smurf
05-06-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm game for helping out, assuming I have not job-related issues or something that day.

I honestly have to say, in my opinion it would be better to have people each cosplay different characters from several different anime, rather than have people all from the same show, especially characters (no offense to Ouran High School Host Club ) whom all wear generic Japanese School uniforms (or generic butler outfits) and are not immediately recognizable or stand out to people who don't already know everything about the show they are from.

Keep in mind, we're trying to recruit people here...potentially people who might be curious, but don't really know a lot about anime. A more varied cast of cosplayers would probably be more appealing, remember, there are several people who don't actually enjoy the "high school" setting oh so common in a lot of anime. ;P

The only question of course... is who should I dress as, I'm open for ideas. Preferably someone who's costume wouldn't be really hard or expensive to make / buy, I can't sew worth a damn ;P

Phazonmasher
05-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Ehhh... i dont know if we would get positive publicity through projecting AMV's during an event when other music and etc are going on... then again i dont know the rules or anything behind the event, so it might be possible

The idea I'm doing is making demo-cd's with currently aired unlicensed series on them

It'll be the subbed 1st/2nd episodes of the spring/summer 2010 season from TV rips, so we shouldn't face any issues towards licenses/etc....

There are no rules in terms of obnoxiousness or loudness. The point of Campus Ruckus is to be heard and seen. The more distractions we have, the better!

Shoron
05-09-2010, 04:57 PM
There are no rules in terms of obnoxiousness or loudness. The point of Campus Ruckus is to be heard and seen. The more distractions we have, the better!

So AMV's it is! Lets all watch and learn!

AnHero
05-09-2010, 08:46 PM
So AMV's it is! Lets all watch and learn!

as long as it doesn't consist of Naruto, Bleach, or Onepiece =|

acolyte_to_jippity
05-09-2010, 09:22 PM
bleach is good.

but yeah, i'd suggest hellsing, pumpkin scissors, eureka seven, and trinity blook ones.

AnHero
05-09-2010, 09:28 PM
bleach is good.

but yeah, i'd suggest hellsing, pumpkin scissors, eureka seven, and trinity blook ones.

bleach -__-

well i recommend the top amvs in this thread
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3652

the ones like Redona, Now or Never, KnK Incubus, etc are really good

especially compared to the "CRAWLING IN MY SKIN" videos that are so annoyingly common...

The only reasons i dont support bleach is mainly because the fanbase of it rarely is able to create a good amv... i would much more prefer AMV's that required a lot of work/dedication/quality to be displayed

Shoron
05-09-2010, 11:30 PM
I think I will find something in my 200 AMV's that will qualify under that request....

papa_smurf
05-10-2010, 01:29 AM
The only reasons i dont support bleach is mainly because the fanbase of it rarely is able to create a good amv... i would much more prefer AMV's that required a lot of work/dedication/quality to be displayed

Now now, the quality of a show itself is irrelevant as to whether or not a good AMV can be made of it. I would also argue that Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece themselves are all also good anime / manga (whether or not they deserve all the hype they get is another matter entirely ;P ), but to each his own...

But yes, some good AMVs would be nice, just keep in mind though we might want to make sure we pick songs that might not be too graphic... while our audience *is* technically an older age, it's probably best to keep in mind that it is going to be a public showing...God forbid we piss off the university staff from playing a song with too many swear words >_<

Shoron
05-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Now now, the quality of a show itself is irrelevant as to whether or not a good AMV can be made of it. I would also argue that Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece themselves are all also good anime / manga (whether or not they deserve all the hype they get is another matter entirely ;P ), but to each his own...

But yes, some good AMVs would be nice, just keep in mind though we might want to make sure we pick songs that might not be too graphic... while our audience *is* technically an older age, it's probably best to keep in mind that it is going to be a public showing...God forbid we piss off the university staff from playing a song with too many swear words >_<

If I can tone my selection down for my high school club with a super anal teacher, I'm pretty sure I can select appropriate AMV's for a college

AnHero
05-10-2010, 09:51 AM
If I can tone my selection down for my high school club with a super anal teacher, I'm pretty sure I can select appropriate AMV's for a college

can we please show the Redonna & Now or Never one?

both are fantastic, plus Macross Frontier is one of my favorite series of all time

Shoron
05-11-2010, 09:04 PM
I will see when we get there. We have 3 months and I ain't taking requests.

ZERO
05-13-2010, 06:43 PM
I say we use the top amv thread as a guide as we would want things that a large number of people would enjoy. For example I showed some of the vids I posted in there to people who hate anime and refuse to watch it. Despite the fact that they do not like anime they said that they really enjoyed the videos especially Redonna becuase they said it was creative and together forever becuase they liked the song. On this note I think it is best to just have a few very high production quality amvs that just go in a loop rather than have a huge amount of different stuff. It is not as though someone is actually going to be watching them all anyways.

So it is the weekend before school starts!? I usually do not even get back to KY until the night before/morning that school starts.

Also does anyone have a list of what we think we will do so far, from what I understand it looks like:
Cosplay,
AMV projection,
demo discs of unlicenced anime,
and fliers

-Sound about right?

papa_smurf
05-14-2010, 12:29 AM
Yes, I agree it'd probably be best to aim for more like the 10 best quality amvs or so, rather than lots.

We should also probably list who we plan on going as if you plan on cosplaying, just as a heads up to the other ppl. Atm I'm leaning towards either Shinra from Durarara (unless someone wants to be my Shizuo and I'll go Izaya, or vice versa ;P ), as it seems to be a simple costume I can get together in time with very little sewing skill / money. (Which reminds me, if anyone has a long knee-length white labcoat they wouldn't mind me borrowing, I'd appreciate it ;P ).

If you were planning on cosplaying, speak up incase anyone can help provide costume stuff and have ideas themselves! If we're going for attention ya might as well not be shy! ;P

ZERO
05-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Unfortunately I will not know if I will be in town until closer to the date but if I am able to make it I will be coming as kakashi, even though he may be dead now from the last episode I saw.

AnHero
05-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Yes, I agree it'd probably be best to aim for more like the 10 best quality amvs or so, rather than lots.

We should also probably list who we plan on going as if you plan on cosplaying, just as a heads up to the other ppl. Atm I'm leaning towards either Shinra from Durarara (unless someone wants to be my Shizuo and I'll go Izaya, or vice versa ;P ), as it seems to be a simple costume I can get together in time with very little sewing skill / money. (Which reminds me, if anyone has a long knee-length white labcoat they wouldn't mind me borrowing, I'd appreciate it ;P ).

If you were planning on cosplaying, speak up incase anyone can help provide costume stuff and have ideas themselves! If we're going for attention ya might as well not be shy! ;P

oh shit id love to go as Izaya
+10 kudos to you sir

Shoron
05-14-2010, 10:36 PM
We've talked about all of it and should be able to do most, if not all, of it.

ed.1
05-17-2010, 11:14 PM
I can't help during the summer but should be able to help out during K-Week/Campus Ruckus (assuming I get housing and can move in on Saturday.) I was thinking of cosplaying Harima Mika from Durarara. =3

AnHero
05-21-2010, 04:26 AM
DRRR groop cosplay ftw?

ZERO
05-21-2010, 06:44 PM
I can't help during the summer but should be able to help out during K-Week/Campus Ruckus (assuming I get housing and can move in on Saturday.) I was thinking of cosplaying Harima Mika from Durarara. =3

Should be nice if it turns out as cute as that hat in your avatar :wtg:

Phazonmasher
05-22-2010, 12:08 AM
DRRR groop cosplay ftw?

It is the club's project, I'm going to be as hands off as I can be. I want the club to be the deciding factor in what we do. Just know that I won't be joining as I haven't seen Durarara and could do nothing but a cheerleader call like, "DU RA RA RA!" Besides, if I have my way, I'll be doing Reno from Final Fantasy VII, no, not that pussy Reno from Advent Children, the real man Reno before Nomura got his greasy palms all over him.

But keep putting up ideas, we want this to be a success. I'll be contacting UK soon to ask about this stuff so I'll keep you guys posted.

papa_smurf
05-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Again, as I've stated before, it'd probably be better if there's more variety in cosplaying than just every one from one show. ...That said, I'm game for whatever. I think I'm game for doing Shizuo or Izaya if you want Austin, either costume would be easy and I was planning on doing one of them with a friend at the next convention we go to anyway ;P)

ed.1
05-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Should be nice if it turns out as cute as that hat in your avatar :wtg:

Heh, thanks! (If only I could take credit for the pattern! :p )

ZERO
05-22-2010, 07:34 PM
You can take credit for the color although you should try to make an orange one!

ed.1
05-22-2010, 10:08 PM
You can take credit for the color although you should try to make an orange one!

Don't give me ideas. I have 220 yards of bright orange yarn in my closet.

ZERO
05-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Don't give me ideas. I have 220 yards of bright orange yarn in my closet.

:hm: :mini idee: :jive: :party1: :lmao:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_TN3rAspZnn8/SwNpsRso_lI/AAAAAAAAASg/dsp2xRLWQNc/s1600/funny-pictures-cat-has-found-yarn.jpg

ed.1
05-24-2010, 08:38 PM
And that's why all my yarn is on the top shelf of the closet.

RamenPoodle
05-24-2010, 11:29 PM
:hm: :mini idee: :jive: :party1: :lmao:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_TN3rAspZnn8/SwNpsRso_lI/AAAAAAAAASg/dsp2xRLWQNc/s1600/funny-pictures-cat-has-found-yarn.jpg

i loled. 10/10

ed.1
08-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Apparently I am not participating in Campus Ruckus after all, as I cannot move in until Sunday. :(

Phazonmasher
08-09-2010, 01:53 AM
It's all good. It seems we're going to have enough people. I found a Bingo roller thing whatever. I'll get it next week. It only costs 10 bucks at the hardware store in Lexington. Could I get a headcount of people who plan on participating in Ruckus? That would help.

papa_smurf
08-09-2010, 01:44 PM
I'll be there.

Shoron
08-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Count me in. Coming up a day or two early to stay at my cousins just for it.

Ryujin99
08-10-2010, 12:33 PM
I'll be there too since I get to move in on Saturday.

SilverVistani
08-11-2010, 09:50 AM
The 21st and the 23rd are the days of the two different events, right? Can someone -please- give me actual times and whatnot? I work 11:30-7:30 on the 21st and I'm off at 4:30 on the 23rd... I don't know if I should try to arrange plans to get rides back towards campus in order to insure that I can make it...

Though I'm assuming the event on the 21st will already be started by 7:30 so depending on how late it runs, I'll probably just have to come straight in the clothes I wore to work depending on how late it goes...

Almighty President! I need to make sure I get in touch with you sometime before that weekend to give you pin the tail games and manga for prizes. Do you have some way of transporting yourself, or should I try to work out something with Joanna to get them to you?

And again. PLEASE, someone get me the exact times/dates for both Campus Ruckus and UK Fusion... pleeeaaase... I wanna be able to try to show up if I can. ;_;

Aly
08-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Everything sounds really awesome guys-just one little thing. We need to have some flyers done up pronto. This is the event we get most of our new members, and I have to say I love the idea of our cosplayers handing them out! I could whip one up pretty quick, but I would the date of our 1st dinner and meeting, the room number, where we will eat, and other pertinent info. I can even get the printing done for free if I get the info by tomorrow.

Phazonmasher
08-16-2010, 03:45 AM
Everything sounds really awesome guys-just one little thing. We need to have some flyers done up pronto. This is the event we get most of our new members, and I have to say I love the idea of our cosplayers handing them out! I could whip one up pretty quick, but I would the date of our 1st dinner and meeting, the room number, where we will eat, and other pertinent info. I can even get the printing done for free if I get the info by tomorrow.

The date of our first meeting is August 31. We're going to be eating at Fazoli's at 5 p.m. with the meeting starting at 6 p.m. in room 111. Right next to where you got your student ID. I can make the flyers if need be. As long as I have the paper, I can use the printers at my apartment complex for free. In fact, I think I'll take care of it so that nobody has to deal with it.

To Kitty, I'll give you the info about the events over facebook tomorrow. Please send me a message to remind me. Also, in terms of getting me the manga. You'll probably have to have somebody run it out to me. I'm still trying to get everything set up at the apartment and for the next school year. I can't do much. This is all being pretty much rushed and I have to get the exact dates and times down. I'm pretty sure that Campus Ruckus is this Saturday from 8 p.m. to midnight at Commonwealth Stadium. I'm not entirely sure but I'm pretty sure. I'll have to get the post-UK Fusion party info for you tomorrow. They never update their site....

I'm really sorry guys. This weekend has been shit moving in and getting everything settled. We're still unpacking and making the place our own. I know it might be selfish but getting my own shit taken care of comes before UKAnime. So please bare with me as I take care of all of this first.

Aly
08-17-2010, 05:39 PM
I'll be there too, not sure about the cosplay though. I may not have it done in time.

papa_smurf
08-17-2010, 09:46 PM
I'll be there too, not sure about the cosplay though. I may not have it done in time.

This seems to be the case with pretty much everyone it seems.

Oh well, at least we can wear anime related shirts ;P

Shoron
08-17-2010, 10:00 PM
I will be there, with either a half assed cosplay or some anime related shirt

Ryujin99
08-18-2010, 04:58 PM
I'll be cosplaying, and it's almost done. It probably won't be the greatest in the world, but hopefully it will look fairly decent.

Aly
08-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Thanks to the amazing V.P., we now have info. The date is this Saturday, and we should probably begin setting up around 7pm. (I will be there about 7:30 with the flyers, because I will be coming from work.) There probably won't be a lot of freshmen about, but it will give us ample time to set up and properly ambush them later. To any female members, I will be using what pieces of my cosplay I have. So, if anyone would like to borrow my kimono to hand stuff out, they will be welcome. (I wear a 7.5 shoe if you want to wear the matching shoes.) For the guys, if you have cosplay items please bring them. Don't have one then please at least one of your anime t-shirts. If anyone else has some ideas, please share them.

Phazonmasher
08-20-2010, 04:42 PM
All,

We are only 2 days away from Campus Ruckus and I hope everyone is excited. This email is to tell you all the information you will need to know regarding check-in, placement, etc. First off, organization check-in will be from 7-8pm on Saturday. You will need to go to the SAB tent and check-in with Claren Hudspeth. Claren is one of my committee chairs and is in charge of student organization booths. All questions will be directed to her or me. Secondly, the spaces allotted for each booth will be around 12'x12' and will have 2 chairs and a table. Your activity must fit into this area, but I do not foresee this being a problem. Third, the booth location will go in a first-come first-served basis, with the exception of the few that require a side spot for pre-approved space limitation reasons. Finally, each organization is responsible for their area and all trash/mess from their activity. Please remove trash and clean up any mess from your booth area at the end of the night. Thanks again for working with us to make Campus Ruckus enjoyable for everyone.

Nick Jackson

Sorry guys, my PC died. I haven't been able to get online for a while. Here's a message about Ruckus to go along with what Aly has posted. If you have any questions, call me at 606-854-1134.

Shoron
08-20-2010, 09:11 PM
Will there be electricity for us to tap into?

Aly
08-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Alright-from the people I've talked to the general plan for tomorrow goes something like:
1) 6:50 officers or someone needs to be on campus to check in. (I've changed my schedule for work, so I can probably be there.)
2) Grab our table-set up. Ben has generously agreed to burn some amv dvds, and if there is some electricity set up, he may be able to play it on his computer. If not, I have two portable DVD players for back up. Since Ben has the been the only one asking, and we only have a day to pull this together we will have to be happy with whatever he picks.
3)The Lottery- I have no idea about this one. If someone has picked some kind of tumbler up, that would be awesome. As for the prizes, we do have the manga box. If we need more. The Beaumont Krogers is having a major clearance sale. Games that were $50 are down to about $10.
4) Cosplay- Am I the only one doing it? I've heard that maybe Jake is, but....

5) Drinks- I've got permission to get Big K cola and of course Orange. I may be able to bring a cooler. We'll see.

6) Anything else people?

papa_smurf
08-20-2010, 10:28 PM
I think that's about all I know at the moment. As far as cosplaying is concerned, I was planning on doing it, but no one else seemed interested, so I never got a costume ready in time. :( I do, however, plan to wear anime related clothing (I don't have the shirt from last year).

My question though, is what time are we meeting and where? Are we just gonna have people meet up at the event? Or does anyone wanna meet up beforehand and help haul anything? If so, when and where?

Shoron
08-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Some people are saying 7. I plan to be at the Stadium round 630 or so. Look for a red station wagon and you can wait with me

Phazonmasher
08-21-2010, 12:58 PM
I have a lottery tumbler. If somebody can bring some permanent markers for me to mark the balls for prizes, that would be grand.

We have to be there at 7 p.m. to get our table. Showing up beforehand is ok but not required. I'm going to go grab the manga box with Austin and Perry today so I'll have that with me as well. I hope to see you all there!

There are no outlets out there. Those that do have power are using generators. We'll have to use battery powered devices for any kind of showings.

So yeah, I'll see you guys around 7 p.m. I hope we have a good showing this year! We will need people to go out and hand out fliers of course. So those who are interested, please be ready to walk around quite a bit.