PDA

View Full Version : Club Chatroom Information

AnHero
05-07-2010, 02:37 PM
We will be utilizing an IRC chat room for club discussions. IRC is relatively well known for being universal and extremely fast, and preferred amongst fansub groups/anime discussions for very fast file transfers and high customization

Here are a list of IRC Clients that Windows Users may use
http://www.ircreviews.org/clients/platforms-windows.html

out of all the windows clients i prefer mIRC, its relatively popular and very versatile
here is the link to it
http://www.ircreviews.org/clients/mirc.html

Mac computer users, i use a client called Colloquy, its really nice and has a nice interface compared to most other mac irc clients, plus it is easy to use and store names

The basics or IRC chat are fairly simple, First select a user name, this can be registered later on so that nobody else may have it online. Second pick a host sever for you're name in question. I recommend irc.Rizon.net It is the most popular anime based sever for irc

Next pick you're room to join. Uk has an IRC network called #UK-Anime

You need the # sign to connect to a room

Once you join, you can start chatting immediately, its really fun and great for big discussions and debates. Also it will let us keep in touch. If you have any questions, please reply to this post

AnHero
05-07-2010, 05:17 PM
you're allowed to enter the chat, it's not UK Exclusive

ZERO
05-09-2010, 05:41 PM
mirc FTW

acolyte_to_jippity
05-09-2010, 06:38 PM
pshh, chatzilla all the way (plugin for firefox)

Phazonmasher
05-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Anybody in UKAnime on these forums, if you can join these forums, you can join IRC. It's super easy and super fun. Besides, you don't want me being alone in a chat room all day do you?

ZERO
05-13-2010, 09:19 PM
I am on ur irz stealzing urz eyez!

I am on the irc btw and will try to be in there virtually all the time.

Later I will make a guide so everyone knows how to use it. Also you can setup irc on your phone!

AnHero
05-14-2010, 08:39 PM
someone hop on, i r t3h lonelyz

Phazonmasher
06-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Dear god people, besides Austin, Steven, Perry and myself, nobody else is using IRC. Come on people, I r also t3h lonelyz.

ZERO
06-06-2010, 12:58 AM
I am even going to be on the irz on my phone so get on!

I LIKE TURTLES
06-08-2010, 10:53 AM
I am on ur irz stealzing urz eyez!

I am on the irc btw and will try to be in there virtually all the time.

Later I will make a guide so everyone knows how to use it. Also you can setup irc on your phone!

iphone?

ZERO
06-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Android, if I wanted to pretend I could do stuff I would buy an i(insert noun)

I LIKE TURTLES
06-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Android, if I wanted to pretend I could do stuff I would buy an i(insert noun)

F the android!!!!

iphone4 ftw :)

we can phone sex zero, with video capabilities =D

ZERO
06-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Yes I would imagine that many mac users have sex using things that do not actually exist whiles having sex with them, such as woman.

Why bring up a product that does not even exist yet to compare to a 6month to year old product? On another note I do like the 720p recording ability even though it is more of a joke verses a real cam once you take aperture into account.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Yes I would imagine that many mac users have sex using things that do not actually exist whiles having sex with them, such as woman.

Why bring up a product that does not even exist yet to compare to a 6month to year old product? On another note I do like the 720p recording ability even though it is more of a joke verses a real cam once you take aperture into account.

ok, about the first sentence..what?

and about aperture, i didn't know they made cameras. i always thought of them as more of a portal company.

ZERO
06-10-2010, 03:10 PM
I am not sure if your joking or if you really do not know what that word means...

acolyte_to_jippity
06-10-2010, 03:59 PM
I am not sure if your joking or if you really do not know what that word means...

well, the first sentence was confuseing as fuck

and it's a portal reference. i know what aperture means

ZERO
06-10-2010, 11:26 PM
I was not making a portal reference I was using the actual word. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aperture

acolyte_to_jippity
06-10-2010, 11:30 PM
I was not making a portal reference I was using the actual word. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aperture

yeah,
i know.

i was making a joke...
har har?

ZERO
06-11-2010, 02:17 AM
lol...

AnHero
09-10-2010, 09:07 AM
lol...

hi steven