PDA

View Full Version : ZBlock - bunny hop fix

devour
05-17-2010, 08:52 AM
i posted this in another thread on the forums, but i figured it would get more attention and noticed if i made it known in its own thread.

as the title suggests, zblock came out with a bunny hop fix mid-summer of last year, which would take care of all the accusations of people bhop scripting and getting banned for it in the pub (im one of those people).

the command is as follows: "zb_bunnyfix 1"

this will shut off the accumulative air acceleration while bhopping to gain speed, so if you were to try and bhop you would be going slower than someone running.

zero or one of the admins, needs to add this command to the server config so that it is always on by default. this will also stop the need of admins having to watch for people bhopping as no one will be able to.

thanks.

StarsMine
05-23-2010, 11:43 PM
Wouldnt that kill legit b-hoppers to?

devour
05-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Wouldnt that kill legit b-hoppers to?

yeah it would but from what ive experienced in the pub, bhoppers get banned immediately whether or not theyre legit :'(

ZERO
05-31-2010, 12:50 AM
You can not bunny hop in the upcoming update so it does not matter...

devour
06-01-2010, 08:14 AM
true as long as you leave sv_airaccelerate at its default parameters it wont be possible... however it is still possible to bhop and it is easier than ever (less of a need to turn in midair) if the server settings are set to what it normally is in css

Tokoshiro
07-11-2010, 04:43 PM
well the beta patch killed BHopping anyway so we dont have to worry about this anymore

devour
07-12-2010, 08:00 AM
no it didn't, but seeing as how zblock is still working on their next update, there is no longer a fix for it.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-12-2010, 08:34 AM
uhhhh, the update did remove bhopping.

or at least they intended to

devour
07-12-2010, 09:18 AM
bunnyhopping is still possible on 100tic servers, which the IBIS server are. it is more difficult to bhop on 66tic servers, but it is still possible. this is coming from someone who does it regularly.

Spasm
07-15-2010, 06:47 AM
as the title suggests, zblock came out with a bunny hop fix mid-summer of last year, which would take care of all the accusations of people bhop scripting and getting banned for it in the pub (im one of those people).

What I bolded is the problem, you are b hop scripting, which is bannable. Just because you got banned for it don't mean you gota ruin it for the non scripters.

devour
07-15-2010, 07:38 AM
What I bolded is the problem, you are b hop scripting, which is bannable. Just because you got banned for it don't mean you gota ruin it for the non scripters.

i do not script. i was banned for "bhop scripting" though. i was speaking of those who've been "accused and banned".

Spasm
07-16-2010, 03:48 PM
i do not script. i was banned for "bhop scripting" though. i was speaking of those who've been "accused and banned".

I have banned one guy for it, and it was a hour ban, but he was scripting, he never ever messed up. Non scrpting people mess it up, scripts dont mess up.

MeLTeDButta
08-24-2010, 07:14 AM
devour? sam devour chamma is that you? and IF it is, then spasm you need to listen to this man because he has MUCH experience playing this game on a professional level ;)

elpolloloco
08-24-2010, 10:40 AM
i still see plenty of bunny hopping

Wish I could do it. I've tried so many tutorials but I suck ass.

I prefer to just run and blast your nuts off with a shotty

Hitman
09-09-2010, 12:38 AM
Still think it should be bannable

Spasm
09-11-2010, 01:16 AM

scripting it is bannable, I have banned roen for it once, and the guy toggles it i swear. he is about the only one I have had problems with on pub. Some people b hop but its usually not like crazy and overdone, which imo is impossible without using some kind of script

Christmas
09-16-2010, 08:16 AM

Same. Bunny hopping is for faggots.