PDA

View Full Version : fy_poolday_reunion?

XX0wnsXY
05-30-2010, 06:07 AM
I noticed shortly after the server crashed this morning that a map that I had requested for GG was on the WCS server. Fy_Poolday_Reunion. I'm not sure if that is a great WCS map, and correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't seen it played in the short time that I've been playing WCS. How's about a little switchy over to the GG server? :D

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-31-2010, 11:36 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
)=

you will understand if you get a chance to play it on WCS

WOOTT!

maynard
05-31-2010, 12:05 PM
admins should not be changing it to the map more then like once a week. that map is free weapons and really fast rounds making the entire point of WCS pointless. you get way 2 much free xp and money when you're in there. I never brought it up 2 zero's attention that it shouldn't even be available in the map list cause no 1 has ever abused it. I think ive changed it to that map like 6 times in the past year. it's a fun map, but with the guns free and the rounds like 20 seconds long it just completely unbalances the lvling system. also best 2 play it during a lower populated time, cause the more ppl know about it, the more they will constantly bitch about wanting 2 play on it so they can get the free xp. that's basically why I stopped even going to it.

I personally like the map for the fast rounds, I always wanted iceworld on WCS.. but just as pool day it's free guns, and fast rounds so zero said no. I assume he doesn't even know that poolday is available to us... but hey, if ppl don't abuse it, like ppl haven't in the past it doesn't really matter.

Christmas
05-31-2010, 12:35 PM
admins should not be changing it to the map more then like once a week. that map is free weapons and really fast rounds making the entire point of WCS pointless. you get way 2 much free xp and money when you're in there. I never brought it up 2 zero's attention that it shouldn't even be available in the map list cause no 1 has ever abused it. I think ive changed it to that map like 6 times in the past year. it's a fun map, but with the guns free and the rounds like 20 seconds long it just completely unbalances the lvling system. also best 2 play it during a lower populated time, cause the more ppl know about it, the more they will constantly bitch about wanting 2 play on it so they can get the free xp. that's basically why I stopped even going to it.

I personally like the map for the fast rounds, I always wanted iceworld on WCS.. but just as pool day it's free guns, and fast rounds so zero said no. I assume he doesn't even know that poolday is available to us... but hey, if ppl don't abuse it, like ppl haven't in the past it doesn't really matter.

The free guns have only one clip, and you don't have enough time to actually get the ammo before people are in your spawn.

I also never seemed to understand the obsession with the xp. The game is about having fun while playing. I find the quest for experience to be completely irrelevant when it comes to the entertainment of the server. Poolyday is fun, and it should be played at times because it provides fun, quick entertainment and very little down time for people who are killed during the round. That makes for everyone enjoying themselves.

My only problem would be if there were more than 12 or so people in the server. The map is so small that it would get way too crowded for the more populated times.

maynard
05-31-2010, 12:45 PM
who cares if they have 1 clip, both spawns are loaded with guns, you drop a gun, and pick a new 1 up, and most the time you don't even go through your full clip. the obsession with xp comes from the fact you need it to unlock better classes. and yes I'm aware it provides "quick rounds and blah blah" hence it being the problem. there's a reason if an admin gives them self cash on WCS, they lose admin on the server all together. 2 get your classes you gotta work for them, abusing a map that gives like 5 maps worth of xp in 1 go un balances the shit outta the server. and if admins now start going there regularly the general public on the server will not stop bitching and will complain and cry for that server non stop cause they don't want 2 work for there races and or lvls.

like I said, I asked zero in the past 2 add iceworld to the maplist (1 of my fav maps for the quick rounds), and I was denied cause it un balances the lvling system, if you don't see that, it doesn't really matter, cause zero does.

ppl can enjoy themselfs on a map that doesn't manipulate the hell out of the lvling system.. sorta like they have the past year. going on about the "entertainment of the server" is a joke. the server is plenty entertained, infact it's great as it always has been, we could use some new races, sure... but it's not like the server isn't entertained or not having fun.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-31-2010, 12:47 PM
any map that has free guns on it, i tend to tell the admin to change off of it. it really does ruin the whole point of wcs.

maynard
05-31-2010, 12:50 PM
any map that has free guns on it, i tend to tell the admin to change off of it. it really does ruin the whole point of wcs.

couldn't agree more... it's just kinda common sense

Christmas
05-31-2010, 12:54 PM
like I said, I asked zero in the past 2 add iceworld to the maplist (1 of my fav maps for the quick rounds), and I was denied cause it un balances the lvling system, if you don't see that, it doesn't really matter, cause zero does.

I just want to point this out because it seems ridiculous that ZERO would keep a map off because of the "inbalance" but doesn't take the work in to remove a map that has the same type of "inbalance"

ppl can enjoy themselfs on a map that doesn't manipulate the hell out of the lvling system.. sorta like they have the past year. going on about the "entertainment of the server" is a joke. the server is plenty entertained, infact it's great as it always has been, we could use some new races, sure... but it's not like the server isn't entertained or not having fun.

It doesn't "manipulate the hell out of the leveling system" or else you wouldn't play on it AT ALL. And if the point of WCS was to gain levels then why are you even playing? Don't you have the max amount anyway?

And there is nothing wrong with different maps. If the server keeps itself plenty entertained why not just have the default source maps on it so there is no complaining about "inbalance"? I mean since the server is "plenty" entertained according to you and your infinite knowledge of WCS.

Also for the record your original rant had little to do with the OP.

maynard
05-31-2010, 01:01 PM
christmas, read my original msgs more carefully. I said, zero probably doesn't even realize that it's on the list, hence him not removing it.

there's nothing wrong with playing new maps. but the fact is that pool day was in the first map pack we had for the server, it's not new. and once the original admins back then noticed it we all kept off it when we realized it destroys the balancing of WCS lvling for beyond obvious reasons. it's like literally never played, or mentioned, there for zero more then likely doesn't even realize it's there.

there is nothing wrong with ppl trying new maps, there is something wrong though with maps that give you free guns and uber fast rounds... like really? you honestly don't get this?

acolyte_to_jippity
05-31-2010, 01:08 PM
the only admin i've ever seen go there was chibby.

we all know how that one turned out.

Christmas
05-31-2010, 01:10 PM
christmas, read my original msgs more carefully. I said, zero probably doesn't even realize that it's on the list, hence him not removing it.

there's nothing wrong with playing new maps. but the fact is that pool day was in the first map pack we had for the server, it's not new. and once the original admins back then noticed it we all kept off it when we realized it destroys the balancing of WCS lvling for beyond obvious reasons. it's like literally never played, or mentioned, there for zero more then likely doesn't even realize it's there.

there is nothing wrong with ppl trying new maps, there is something wrong though with maps that give you free guns and uber fast rounds... like really? you honestly don't get this?

I understand your concern but I find it to be quite ridiculous since the map was played without any problems and I honestly didn't see a huge disparity in leveling compared to other maps.

I mean, shit, if you have such a problem with it go to ZERO about it instead of taking a thread off topic telling people how to act with the map. This was about bringing WCS to GG.

And acolyte, please don't compare me to Chibby.

maynard
05-31-2010, 01:16 PM
lol taking it off topic? incase you haven't noticed christmas we have a section for map requests, and map requests for GG don't belong in the WCS section... lol...

christmas if you're that hurtin for xp, just say so, quit trying 2 defend a map that clearly is not designed for a RPG style CS mod (lvling up aspect)

chibby also made the argument we need 2 play new maps... even though he was only arguign about wanting 2 play pool day, for obvious reasons lol... sorta like you're doing christmas.

Christmas
05-31-2010, 01:18 PM
lol taking it off topic? incase you haven't noticed christmas we have a section for map requests, and map requests for GG don't belong in the WCS section... lol...

Then perhaps you should have said that instead of giving people a lecture on how to use their admin on WCS.

christmas if you're that hurtin for xp, just say so, quit trying 2 defend a map that clearly is not designed for a RPG style CS mod (lvling up aspect)

I'm not hurting for xp. It is just a fun map to play on. How dare I think so, right?

chibby also made the argument we need 2 play new maps... even though he was only arguign about wanting 2 play pool day, for obvious reasons lol... sorta like you're doing christmas.

Considering I have a much better track record than Chibby I don't see how we are comparable. But hey if you think the WCS is fine the way it is (despite the fact there are plenty of ways it can be improved) then go ahead and keep your head in the sand.

And for the record I have been attempting to design new maps specifically for the WCS server. Have you?

acolyte_to_jippity
05-31-2010, 01:22 PM
christmas, i wasn't compareing you to chibby. i was only saying that his little "clandestine" playings of maps like this eventually got his admin removed. if you want to play this map so much, why not submit it to zero for pub? no leveling there, it'd be perfect!! gg wouldn't work because of the guns, but it'd be great for pub.

Christmas
05-31-2010, 01:24 PM
christmas, i wasn't compareing you to chibby. i was only saying that his little "clandestine" playings of maps like this eventually got his admin removed. if you want to play this map so much, why not submit it to zero for pub? no leveling there, it'd be perfect!! gg wouldn't work because of the guns, but it'd be great for pub.

I never said I wanted to play the map "so much". I'm just saying that the amount it has been played has been fine (just once for me) and it really isn't as inbalanced as people say it is.

Perhaps because xp is irrelevant to me anyways. I just play the game.

maynard
05-31-2010, 01:41 PM
Then perhaps you should have said that instead of giving people a lecture on how to use their admin on WCS.

I'm not a moderator, nor is it my duty 2 inform ppl they're clearly posting in the wrong section. I like how you're all for the topic at hand even though it's in the wrong section, as long as I say shit that you agree with or like... funny. but if I say something against what you think then I'm apparently just lecturing ppl lol... and should be telling them to not post in the improper section.

Considering I have a much better track record than Chibby I don't see how we are comparable

I'm not trying 2 say you're chibby, or the next 1, just saying you're pulling 1 of his moves.

And for the record I have been attempting to design new maps specifically for the WCS server. Have you?

lmfao.. no christmas... I haven't "attempted" to make any maps, grats though on attempting to do something, you want your hero cookie now or later?. if you make some maps for WCS then cool, good on ya, more so if they don't have free guns and are the size of iceworld.

the fact is ive done a lot for WCS, regardless if you see that or not... I'm not going to sit here and list off all ive done for WCS, cause that would just give you another reason to make another smart ass pointless comment.

I didn't lecture any 1, I pointed out a beyond obvious fact that any map that has free guns and gives 4 times the normal xp clearly isn't designed or should be on WCS... or any mod that is based on lvling to gain your new classes.

But hey if you think the WCS is fine the way it is (despite the fact there are plenty of ways it can be improved) then go ahead and keep your head in the sand.

I never once said WCS is fine the way it is, infact I hound zero quite often on things we need done... I said that the races are balanced, for the powerful races there are many counter races. ppl just generally choose 2 bitch, instead of changing there race 2 conqour something else... kinda like you. infact every time someone goes eva, you hound them calling them an "eva fag" constantly... real mature ... nothing like seeing an admin calling ppl fags constantly..... I agree there's lotts that could be done for WCS, but the races are fine and I know zero agrees 100% with me on that.

Christmas
05-31-2010, 02:23 PM
My point was your rant was off topic.

maynard
05-31-2010, 02:36 PM
And btw just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.

I'm pretty sure you are. you seem to disagree with whatever I say at any time... I think it might have to do with the fact you obviously don't like me. but what I do for WCS and when I tell ppl 2 stay away from a map that's not designed for it, I'm doing it for the public not myself. all I care about is WCS, and it running properly and staying balanced... yet you seem 2 hate me for it.

everything I do, I do for the server, not myself. shit ive even told zero multiple times to delete the showtop10 and implement a real ranking system so all could be part of it... I don't do anything for myself, I do everything for IBIS, and for the general public of IBIS WCS.

and I'm not on a high horse... if you don't want me to assume you're taking a jab at me or trying 2 be a prick, then next time you say you're making maps, don't end it with "have you?"

Christmas
05-31-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm pretty sure you are. you seem to disagree with whatever I say at any time... I think it might have to do with the fact you obviously don't like me. but what I do for WCS and when I tell ppl 2 stay away from a map that's not designed for it, I'm doing it for the public not myself. all I care about is WCS, and it running properly and staying balanced... yet you seem 2 hate me for it.

I never said I hated you at any point in time. This thread was not even about that.

everything I do, I do for the server, not myself. shit ive even told zero multiple times to delete the showtop10 and implement a real ranking system so all could be part of it... I don't do anything for myself, I do everything for IBIS, and for the general public of IBIS WCS.

I never said you didn't. This isn't a fucking e-dick contest, I'm just contesting the attacks on my own intentions in WCS, whether it be acitons related to Chibby (ridiculous), desperation for more XP (baseless), or saying that I hate you (also baseless).

and I'm not on a high horse... if you don't want me to assume you're taking a jab at me or trying 2 be a prick, then next time you say you're making maps, don't end it with "have you?"

My point is that you aren't the only one doing things for the server, and if you don't want me to jab at you then don't question my intentions without any merit whatsoever.

maynard
05-31-2010, 03:07 PM
My point is that you aren't the only one doing things for the server, and if you don't want me to jab at you then don't question my intentions without any merit whatsoever.
I think you're confused, you were arguing that the map doesn't fault the lvling system((and it does) before I jabbed at you.... and I'm aware I'm not the only admin on WCS, or that does shit for WCS, but I am also aware I'm the only admin whose stuck with WCS constantly, and logged a shit ton of time on it. the only other admin that has stuck with WCS is rogue.. and he isn't all that active anymore, but does still play. maybe I do feel I know more then the other admins as 2 what WCS needs... might have to do with the fact though ive actually logged time on the server and am not new 2 it. youve got like 110 hours logged, owns is new, mikey is new, denis is new, rawr is new blade is... well... blade is blade... my point being ive been with WCS since it's birth and am not just stopping by, 2 try it out for a bit like 90% of it's admins.

the end result is that pool day unbalances the lvling system, and I don't think any of the new admins on WCS (not new admins in general) would know that. the fact myself and acolyte are the only ppl who picked up on it shows it.

I never said you didn't. This isn't a fucking e-dick contest, I'm just contesting the attacks on my own intentions in WCS, whether it be acitons related to Chibby (ridiculous), desperation for more XP (baseless), or saying that I hate you (also baseless).

... no 1 said you're chibby, or acting like him. acolyte said the last person to play hat map constantly was chibby, and look where he ended up, then you took it all personal as if someone did call you chibby. and I never attacked your personal intentions, well I did say if you're that desperate for xp just admit it, more so as a joke cause you constantly claim you don't care about xp, but if you don't care about the xp and just want 2 play a new map, then why not try 1 of them any in the map list you haven't played? why does it have to be the 1 map on the map list that doesn't belong and unbalances the lvling system? an don't try and tell me it doesn't unbalance things, you've already said many times you don't pay attention to xp or give a shit about it so you're really not able to claim what that map doesn't...

Christmas
05-31-2010, 03:15 PM
This is a stupid argument.

I'm done with this back and forth endless charade of retardedness.

XX0wnsXY
05-31-2010, 03:39 PM
This was about bringing WCS to GG.

Woah this got out of hand, fast.

I was only trying to say that poolday_reunion suits better for a GG map, hence my request in the GG section. It is much better than the current version we use on GG because the spawns are further and you can't insta-kill the other team upon spawning. Since I saw that this was actually on the WCS server (I saw it through server info, didn't actually play it), my first thought was.. man... I think that's a clusterfuck and a half for WCS. I made a suggestion to either switch or copy the map to GG. I don't care if it stays in WCS or not.. but atleast I know the map is available for the ibis servers.

maynard
05-31-2010, 03:43 PM
Woah this got out of hand, fast.

I blame you... tee hee.

but how could this map work in GG? don't you have to kill ppl with the gun you're given at the beginning of the round 2 progress? so... wouldn't playing a map with free guns all over screw things up?

Christmas
05-31-2010, 03:58 PM
I blame you... tee hee.

but how could this map work in GG? don't you have to kill ppl with the gun you're given at the beginning of the round 2 progress? so... wouldn't playing a map with free guns all over screw things up?

Yup.

And the only way to fix that would be to re-do the map, but unless you have the textures used in the game decompiling it is pretty much useless.

XX0wnsXY
05-31-2010, 05:03 PM
I blame you... tee hee.

I wasn't aware that this version had free guns until you guys brought it up in the thread, however there is a poolday reunion for GG that does not have the free guns, which may suit beter for WCS too if you guys like to play it but the guns create a problem. I'll try to find the exact version tomorrow, as I have work soon.

Even so, you don't get a level unless you kill with the gun you were given at the start of the round or the one you level up to, so using the free guns would be pointless.

maynard
05-31-2010, 05:13 PM
ahhh i c. didn't know there was other versions of it. and the WCS version don't matter anymore, already got a PM back from zero stating it should not be in the map list and is being removed as soon as he gets a chance.

Christmas
05-31-2010, 05:36 PM
I wasn't aware that this version had free guns until you guys brought it up in the thread, however there is a poolday reunion for GG that does not have the free guns, which may suit beter for WCS too if you guys like to play it but the guns create a problem. I'll try to find the exact version tomorrow, as I have work soon.

Even so, you don't get a level unless you kill with the gun you were given at the start of the round or the one you level up to, so using the free guns would be pointless.

The problem would be with pistols. When you are at the pistol level, you automatically pick up a rifle/shotgun/smg when you walk over it, which would be a serious detriment to the players.

XX0wnsXY
05-31-2010, 05:46 PM
The problem would be with pistols. When you are at the pistol level, you automatically pick up a rifle/shotgun/smg when you walk over it, which would be a serious detriment to the players.

That's true. I'll try to find the version w/out the guns tomorrow.

Bah. I can't find the version of it anywhere. I know it's called gg_fy_poolday_reunion.. however only few servers use this version and I can't seem to find a downloadable version anywhere. Fail.

mag36
05-31-2010, 08:22 PM
lol people were liking it cause it makes them level up really quickly, but for sake of fairness its probably not good for Wcs.

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-31-2010, 08:25 PM
i am not reading all of that.

its more then just leveling. its the sense that it is fun.
the only downside i see, with having it be a regular map, is that with a full server, while playing that map, the server may crash

maynard
05-31-2010, 08:30 PM
the down side is it un balances the lving system. doesn't matter what we all personally believe though, cause zero agrees it needs 2 be removed and not used, and is removing it.

I personally love the map, and iceworld... but they just don't work on WCS.

ZERO
06-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Removed.