PDA

View Full Version : Really, alex? Really.

NLA
06-04-2010, 11:43 AM
So I was just kicked + banned for typing in ZombieMod chat, and I quote:

nigga, I AM the fish tank

I'm assuming that since I was doing nothing else than minding my own business, the reason for the kick was R A C I S M. The funny thing is, "nigga" is not only a non-r a c i s t made-up word, but it wasn't used in any sort of r a c i a l context. At all. Words themselves are harmless, but unless I called someone a racially-offensive word, I should not deserve a kick or ban. I've played on this server with you guys for a long time, have endured WAAAAAAAAAAAAY MORE explicitly r a c i s t chats, micspams and offensive sprays IN THIS SERVER, even from some admins in the past, and so I feel that this kick + ban was ill-placed and comical at least.

The 5 minute ban I don't mind. But just the fact that typing "nigga" results in a ban is fucking idiotic and shows nothing more than that the admin himself has personal issues with the word, which isn't really a word (don't believe me? try looking it up in the dictionary. exactly.), which shouldn't be expressed in the server, especially without a warning of some type first.

Ergo, deal with your own issues and warn first next time, alex. :chillpill:

alex_mamaroneck
06-04-2010, 11:50 AM
yeah Ness i did ban you... you are a regular right? meaning you know the rules of this game. WHY WOULD YOU NEED A WARN? TO GET AWAY WITH IT?. Racial slurs is not tolerated. you know that. its what i was fighting against man. in zm server to me everyone is equal i treat no one different. i spectate and look at the text most of the time. hardly play because i try hard to make sure this server goes by the rules and have fun at the same time.
gave you 100mins to think about it. please don't do that again. sorry i had to ban you...

NLA
06-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Yeah I know what you did, and I disagree with why you did it, thats why we're here. And, 100 mins? I don't care if this was the first time I played on the server, you owe people a warning before you carry out such a ban for such a minor offense. Yeah, it was a MINOR offense. But instead you're treating it like a MAJOR offense. Thats why its admin abuse.

Rage
06-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Proper format does wonders

Christmas
06-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Nigga isn't racist.

tupacs cousin
06-04-2010, 12:29 PM
gangsta rap made him do it

Curdy
06-04-2010, 12:33 PM
don't believe me? try looking it up in the dictionary. exactly

you know there is more than one type of dictionary. school and the full dictionary.

nigga, I AM the fish tank

also why n bomb anyway 1000s of words to choose from and you choose the n bomb

Christmas
06-04-2010, 12:35 PM
you know there is more than one type of dictionary. school and the full dictionary.

also why n bomb anyway 1000s of words to choose from and you choose the n bomb

Nigga isn't an n bomb.

Lern2history.

NLA
06-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Nigga isn't an n bomb.

Lern2history.

Exactly. :banghead:

Curdy
06-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Nigga isn't an n bomb.

Lern2history.

just saying.

ps you spelt learn wrong you spastic.

Rapedollar$
06-04-2010, 12:55 PM
racism is all in the ear of the beholder. if the admin hears it and is offended by it, then its racist.

Christmas
06-04-2010, 12:58 PM
racism is all in the ear of the beholder. if the admin hears it and is offended by it, then its racist.

That's a horrible way to run the rules.

The less interpretation allowed, the better.

Rawr
06-04-2010, 01:01 PM
OED:
nigga
1925, also niggah, representing southern U.S. pronunciation of nigger (q.v.).

Dictionary of American Slang :
slang
n.
nigger; Negro. (Streets. Nicca is pronunciation and/or spelling variant. Restricted to black to black use. White to black use is provocative.)
nigga

WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University:
noun
(ethnic slur) extremely offensive name for a Black person; "only a Black can call another Black a nigga"

It most certainly does qualify as an offensive term. That being said, the racism control shouldn't be black and white like you are making it to be. The point of the no racism as a rule is to keep people being unnecessarily racist. This clearly wasn't even meant as an offensive term directed at anyone. If you are that touchy about "racism" you need to get the fuck off the internet. You've taken the letter of the law and disregarded the spirit of the law.

Rage
06-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Definition of the "N" word IMO:

Ni**a: Home boy, a black male who will succeed in life

Ni**er: A idiot. Someone bound for jail, Lives off of other people, would be better off in Mexico

I can tolerate the first one, but the last one is absolutely unacceptable.

SCRIBBLE
06-04-2010, 01:50 PM
something -> somethin'
dunking -> dunkin'
n*gger -> nigga

Nigga is n*gger just shortened for slang. What a waste of a thread considering you know you're wrong. Arguing semantics usually only happens when the person in question knows their wrong but does not have the balls to admit it. Man up.

Christmas
06-04-2010, 01:57 PM
scribble[nuke];68716']something -> somethin'
dunking -> dunkin'
n*gger -> nigga

Nigga is n*gger just shortened for slang. What a waste of a thread considering you know you're wrong. Arguing semantics usually only happens when the person in question knows their wrong but does not have the balls to admit it. Man up.

Not even close.

Perry
06-04-2010, 01:58 PM
if only a select few can call eachother a name or slur, but if someone of another race calls them that, its racist.

someone in high school once called me a honky. so i went kicked his ass and called him a dumb n**ger. They supsended me for 5 days for fighting and racism. the kid only got detention.

unfortunetly yes this is a case of racism. but i want to make it clear and hope the admins will back me too. Racism is not a one way street. when someone calls me cracker, honky, redneck, and is not white....its racist therefore bannable.

Nemesis
06-04-2010, 02:08 PM
if only a select few can call eachother a name or slur, but if someone of another race calls them that, its racist.

someone in high school once called me a honky. so i went kicked his ass and called him a dumb n**ger. They supsended me for 5 days for fighting and racism. the kid only got detention.

unfortunetly yes this is a case of racism. but i want to make it clear and hope the admins will back me too. Racism is not a one way street. when someone calls me cracker, honky, redneck, and is not white....its racist therefore bannable.

thats a great example right there, you shold have fought it because you were right.

i think the rule needs some clearification, is there a difference in saying "hey Perry(just for example) you're my nigger!" and "hey Perry, you're a nigger." one is a term of indearment while the other is a form of hate. seeing as the first one is not racist because there is no discrimination, is it therefore allowed in the rules?

and also, if i call someone a Potato, but i mean it in a negative way, that would therefore be racism right? lol i'd love to see the admin abuse discussion on calling someone a potato.

alex_mamaroneck
06-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Christmas you may be right. But think about it... if that word is allowed it would be use more in the server. Nigga will be said on mic and us admins will wonder whether he or she said nigga or the other n word. yes either one is offensive to me and i'm sure to others who play on the server. when i was in high school and college my friends and i use word nigga every two sentences why? because they know me and i know them and we didn't feel any offense using that word. Its totally different when you use it with people you don't know like players in Counter strke servers. Nigga is a moderate word from the original n-word. a bit harmless but still considered a racial slur to me in Ibis server unless the people upstairs say otherwise.

Christmas, perhaps you should research on the word and what it means to others instead of saying: "Nigga isn't racist" with nothing to back it up. simple minded. start with
this web: http://www.abolishthenword.com/history.htm
and if you want something more simple: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigga

Ness your arguement is so far the best compare to other arguements against me (thats a fact). But you have to understand how others would feel if they heard you say that.

I shall say no more.. actually there is one other thing. Christmas i really like the hax you did today ("...abuse... i don't care...") take care buddy:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/egwezj1mjg2/christmas0604.dem

SCRIBBLE
06-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Not even close.

You? I know.

Christmas
06-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Christmas you may be right. But think about it... if that word is allowed it would be use more in the server. Nigga will be said on mic and us admins will wonder whether he or she said nigga or the other n word. yes either one is offensive to me and i'm sure to others who play on the server. when i was in high school and college my friends and i use word nigga every two sentences why? because they know me and i know them and we didn't feel any offense using that word. Its totally different when you use it with people you don't know like players in Counter strke servers. Nigga is a moderate word from the original n-word. a bit harmless but still considered a racial slur to me in Ibis server unless the people upstairs say otherwise.

What black people are offended by the use of the word nigga? He even said it the way it is said in normal context. He didn't call anyone the word. He just said it within the proper context.

Christmas, perhaps you should research on the word and what it means to others instead of saying: "Nigga isn't racist" with nothing to back it up. simple minded. start with
this web: http://www.abolishthenword.com/history.htm
and if you want something more simple: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigga

Your first link has to do with the actual N word. Nigga is used once in there explaining how blacks call themselves the word.

On the second, here is a quote from your own link.

In practice, its use and meaning are heavily dependent on context

The context was fine in this case.

Ness your arguement is so far the best compare to other arguements against me (thats a fact). But you have to understand how others would feel if they heard you say that.

I shall say no more.. actually there is one other thing. Christmas i really like the hax you did today ("...abuse... i don't care...") take care buddy:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/egwezj1mjg2/christmas0604.dem

Character assassination ftl.

Argue the points, not the poster.

alex_mamaroneck
06-04-2010, 02:28 PM
like i said, do more research. did you find any articles to support your argument? or still pole dancing in the North Pole?

SCRIBBLE
06-04-2010, 02:29 PM
What black people are offended by the use of the word nigga? He even said it the way it is said in normal context. He didn't call anyone the word. He just said it within the proper context.

Your first link has to do with the actual N word. Nigga is used once in there explaining how blacks call themselves the word.

On the second, here is a quote from your own link.

The context was fine in this case.

Character assassination ftl.

Argue the points, not the poster.

He did call someone nigga. "Nigga I AM the fishtank" is clearly calling someone a nigga. Nigga is a racist term regardless of context as it's root is n*gger. This is in reference to server rules, not dialogue between buddies.

Christmas
06-04-2010, 02:29 PM
like i said, do more research.

Well since your "research" gave me nothing of real context other than the fact that using the word nigga is dependant on the situation, perhaps you should be taking your own advice.

scribble[nuke];68726']He did call someone nigga. "Nigga I AM the fishtank" is clearly calling someone a nigga. Nigga is a racist term regardless of context as it's root is n*gger. This is in reference to server rules, not dialogue between buddies.

The context of how he said it is important.

And where in the server rules does it say that?

Perry
06-04-2010, 02:39 PM
look the point has been made by nem shockingly lol.

using the term to associate or comment on a person is in fact racist.

oh nem your a big fat potato lol

SCRIBBLE
06-04-2010, 02:40 PM

And where in the server rules does it say that?

Although I disagree about the context thing I realize I'm wrong about the server rules. I honestly thought there was a rule regarding this issue but I now realize I'm referring to another server's rules that I used to admin for. My bad Christmas, sorry for the troll.

Christmas
06-04-2010, 02:44 PM
scribble[nuke];68729']Although I disagree about the context thing I realize I'm wrong about the server rules. I honestly thought there was a rule regarding this issue but I now realize I'm referring to another server's rules that I used to frequent. My bad Christmas, sorry for the troll.

You aren't trolling (assuming you are being serious), you are discussing the issue.

I'm told that apparently that falls under disrespect, however who says that the person in question is being disrespected in this case?

Perhaps something like "No derogatory word, slang or otherwise, is permitted to be used in the IBIS servers. Context is irrelevant."

Nemesis
06-04-2010, 02:46 PM
maybe the rules should change from racism, to no use of the words "etc etc" so it's clear and easier to enforce. if someone says that word, then they're banned, doesn't matter how they use it. because now you can say whatever you want as long as its not offencive.

Rawr
06-04-2010, 02:49 PM
You can't be tyrants to people, you have to have a little slack. It should be like the camping rule, it's not a 3 seconds in one spot and your banned, it's EXCESSIVE amounts of anything that's the problem. This has gone way too far.

SCRIBBLE
06-04-2010, 02:49 PM
You aren't trolling (assuming you are being serious), you are discussing the issue.

I'm told that apparently that falls under disrespect, however who says that the person in question is being disrespected in this case?

Perhaps something like "No derogatory word, slang or otherwise, is permitted to be used in the IBIS servers. Context is irrelevant."

My "You? I know" comment was the troll which I don't usually do. Unnecessary, and I know it.

I'm actually surprised that there isn't a rule explicitly regarding racism. The servers could definitely benefit from a rule like this. Although it doesn't offend me, I view it as just an ignorant term and anyone who uses it is only doing so to be racist or be cool. It's just something the servers/forums could easily go without.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-04-2010, 03:00 PM
You all just proved why it shouldn't be allowed to be said on the server, three pages of people arguing wether or not it is really racism. The fact of the matter is some people consider it to be racism (myself including) and when other players hear people saying "nigga" it just opens the door and everyone starts saying racial things.

Right when you said it I said, "Ness don't say that", and you said ok sorry and thats where it should have ended. I thought that the ban was not right but I also think Alex is right when he says that you're a regular and you know better. But considering that was the only time you ever heard anything close to racism come out of ness' mouth a kick would have made your point.

Curdy
06-04-2010, 03:04 PM

please give an example christmas

Rapedollar$
06-04-2010, 03:09 PM
not abuse.

Christmas
06-04-2010, 03:14 PM
please give an example christmas

OOelY2o7xLw

There you go my nigga.

Also, what about the term "bitch", "faggot", etc? Do those count as derogatory as well or is it just for racial slurs?

Perry
06-04-2010, 03:38 PM
bitch and faggot are not racial slurs :D

Christmas
06-04-2010, 03:41 PM
bitch and faggot are not racial slurs :D

Racial slurs are not explicitly stated as being illegal in the rules.

Perry
06-04-2010, 03:57 PM
no but disrespecting admins and other players is.

So when someone says calls me honky,nigger,chink,kike,faggot (even though i use that but i will try and stop) its disrespecting me.

therefore bannable

Christmas
06-04-2010, 04:00 PM
no but disrespecting admins and other players is.

So when someone says calls me honky,nigger,chink,kike,faggot (even though i use that but i will try and stop) its disrespecting me.

therefore bannable

Ergo the reason I'm asking if words such as bitch and faggot should be bannable because they are discriminatory in their nature such as the word N----- is.

Perry
06-04-2010, 04:09 PM
i guess.

hallwagner
06-04-2010, 04:20 PM
see the so called "admin abuse threads" piling up alex? the same way i thought i was justified in SOME of my "abuses" it turned out people didnt like it. it just goes to show that anybody can get an admin abuse thread for anything. and hell some of my threads were complete bogus. and no, im not still angry, just proving a point

OnEyEdMaN
06-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Exactly. :banghead:

it dont look right when people say that when they are not even black..its wrong, why say it anyway? go out, find a black person and say that to their faces, and lets see what their reaction's gnna be.i once said that to a co-worker that is black and we almost got into a fight. thats why i know that it should not be said by people other than an african american.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-04-2010, 04:22 PM
not abuse.

see the so called "admin abuse threads" piling up alex? the same way i thought i was justified in SOME of my "abuses" it turned out people didnt like it. it just goes to show that anybody can get an admin abuse thread for anything. and hell some of my threads were complete bogus. and no, im not still angry, just proving a point

this is the difference hall

hallwagner
06-04-2010, 04:27 PM
this is the difference hall

and half of my admin abuse threads were deemed that also, but somehow they still counted against me :banghead:

-=NYS=- C.O.
06-04-2010, 04:58 PM
and half of my admin abuse threads were deemed that also, but somehow they still counted against me :banghead:

Hey non-admin. STFU !

Anyways, there is no admin abuse here. Listen to the admin and shit wont happen to you.

Nemesis
06-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Hey non-admin. STFU !

Anyways, there is no admin abuse here. Listen to the admin and shit wont happen to you.

hahahaha way to rub it in! hahaha

Rage
06-04-2010, 06:22 PM
So its settled than!

:balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons: 0wns has been voted the hottest IBIS server female!!!! :balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons:

Holy-Sonic
06-04-2010, 07:32 PM
1. nigga 25715 up, 4350 down
buy nigga mugs, tshirts and magnets
Nigga is a word which evolved from the derogative term "nigger". Tupac best defined the distinction between the two. NIGGER- a black man with a slavery chain around his neck. NIGGA- a black man with a gold chain on his neck.
Tupac defined the word
by THE TRUTH Dec 26, 2003 share this
2. Nigga 15215 up, 5824 down
a word a white person can NEVER say while a black person is present or they will be beat down. but they say it with fellow white people
White person A: yo nigga
White person B: *looks around*
White person A: there none around i checked already
White person B: well in that case, fo shizzle my nizzle niggaaaa.
by xxjustafacexx Mar 27, 2005 share this
3. nigga 12640 up, 3909 down
Something I would get my ass kicked for saying.
Me to Black person: What up my nigga!
Black person: You better run whiteboy!
by djwhiteboy Aug 9, 2005 share this

COURTESY URBANDICTIONARY.com

UNLESES YOUR A BLACK PERSON DON't say it...

Perry
06-04-2010, 07:38 PM
no unless your uneducated dont say it.

hallwagner
06-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Hey non-admin. STFU !

the reason im not an admin is mostly becaues of a shitload of biased lame admin abuse threads, so dont use that against me nys :P

alex_mamaroneck
06-04-2010, 08:59 PM
thats great Christmas.. very funny. but thats more of an example when i use it with my friend back in the day. shows how the word is used because they know eachother and its not offensive to eachother.

this vid would be an example if you say it to someone you don't know :

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oN2LJTCBPtg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oN2LJTCBPtg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Christmas
06-04-2010, 09:20 PM
thats great Christmas.. very funny. but thats more of an example when i use it with my friend back in the day. shows how the word is used because they know eachother and its not offensive to eachother.

this vid would be an example if you say it to someone you don't know :

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oN2LJTCBPtg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oN2LJTCBPtg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Just let it go for fucks sake.

You should have been more lenient since the rule itself isn't even stated, so there isn't much way for him to know the context of this "rule" that is in place. I doubt he thinks he was disrespecting anyone with his comment.

maynard
06-04-2010, 09:32 PM
from what ive seen there's 0 tolerance for racism, and I agree, cause even if the person who is saying the n word, and the person it's being directed at are both fine with it, well there's still a room full of other people who might not be ok with it. all racist terms don't belong on the servers, they just cause problems and arguments.

Kavinsky
06-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Just on a sidenote I love that song James Brown - Nightrain

alex_mamaroneck
06-04-2010, 09:57 PM
my bad christmas didn't mean to rub it on your face. it was a harsh punishment i made but i'm afraid if we allow this server to use the word nigga it will lead to other racial words.
i ban a guy today for saying that two hours after i ban Ness. he said nigger once and i knew he was going to say it again. i shouldn't have waited because everyone heard and thought it was ok to say it when no one banned him even though we all told him not to say it. two minutes later he said Niggerachi and exactly one second later i banned him. if you think i'm abusing admin then please let zero know. just doing my best as admin and i treat all players the same despite having problems with other ibis members.
next time don't give me any presents. i ate your non-carb cookies and soy milk when my nephew left it for you last Xmas eve. he wanted you to lose weight...

Christmas
06-04-2010, 10:13 PM
my bad christmas didn't mean to rub it on your face. it was a harsh punishment i made but i'm afraid if we allow this server to use the word nigga it will lead to other racial words.
i ban a guy today for saying that two hours after i ban Ness. he said nigger once and i knew he was going to say it again. i shouldn't have waited because everyone heard and thought it was ok to say it when no one banned him even though we all told him not to say it. two minutes later he said Niggerachi and exactly one second later i banned him. if you think i'm abusing admin then please let zero know. just doing my best as admin and i treat all players the same despite having problems with other ibis members.
next time don't give me any presents. i ate your non-carb cookies and soy milk when my nephew left it for you last Xmas eve. he wanted you to lose weight...

I don't think you are abusing I just think you went a little hard and heavy on this.

Bitch him out, he cowers, and everyone has a good laugh.

XX0wnsXY
06-04-2010, 10:15 PM
I don't think you are abusing I just think you went a little hard and heavy on this.

Bitch him out, he cowers, and everyone has a good laugh.

And they all lived happily ever after...or some shit.

XxMastagunzxX
06-04-2010, 10:17 PM
And they all lived happily ever after...or some shit.

Then I came in and played my sound clips and everybody died...end of story. :assault:

XX0wnsXY
06-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Then I came in and played my sound clips and everybody died...end of story. :assault:

This is the alternate ending to the story. the alternate ending that is not better than the original (for once). hmph!

DeadEyeDeNNi$
06-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Nigga isn't racist.

The implication to the word "nigger" is there and that's all it takes to earn a ban on any IBIS server.

Racism, implied racism, etc., you can skirt the issues ALL day long by arguing semantics, but it all boils down to either direct or indirect racism.

IMO Alex :wtg:

If he was on the GG server he would have been here talking about me if he's a regular and knows the rules

ZERO TOLERANCE on racism implied or otherwise!

Kavinsky
06-05-2010, 12:41 AM
In order for that to be the best ending masta You REALLY need to get new soundclips, like these:

mevxenJ6Mtc

inTRblYTevk

your current ones are old and long in the tooth and have far less impact because of there overuse by EVERYONE on the internet

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-05-2010, 12:51 AM
alex, are you offned by the use of the word? or were you in a shitty mode and used it for an exucse to ban a regular?
who if im not mistaken.. has played with the servers longer then youv been an admin..

then agian my opinion shouldnt really matter seeing as how i am more forgiving and laid back with the punishments i give to every one other then hackers...

dont punish someone for something stupid like that so that they rage and never play the servers agian, punish them so they learn

BladeTwinSwords
06-05-2010, 12:55 AM
Typically most give a warning when racism is used.

Rapedollar$
06-05-2010, 02:56 AM
ok so im sick of this shit...

fucking closed, no abuse...

Jeimuzu
06-07-2010, 01:31 PM
fucking closed, no abuse...

Amen.