PDA

View Full Version : A good program to run castlevania on pc?

mastercheff
06-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Well recently I've gotten an urge to play some games that were on the old consoles like n64 and nes. I saw a thread about emulators so I wondered if anyone knows a good website for emulators and a tutorial on how to get castlevania for it. I saw a program earlier from abadonia.com or something like that had a complicated process of installing its program to play castlevania. I know you guys might say "go google it" but I want your advice.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-07-2010, 09:15 AM
which castlevania?

original?

nester

look for that program. emulates NES games

mastercheff
06-07-2010, 09:21 AM
I want to play the original castlevania but can I get a link to the emulator.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-07-2010, 09:31 AM
...google it.

we're not going to do everything for you dude. it's simple. i already told you what it's called

mastercheff
06-07-2010, 09:45 AM
K I got it.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-07-2010, 10:13 AM
good! it's a really easy program to use. alot like visualBoyAdvance for gba.

enjoy!!

oh yeah, to get roms, go to www.emuparadise.org

mastercheff
06-07-2010, 10:21 AM
right now i'm stuck on how to use these extra wepoans i get like how do i use my tomahawk and my holy water...

acolyte_to_jippity
06-07-2010, 11:05 AM
right now i'm stuck on how to use these extra wepoans i get like how do i use my tomahawk and my holy water...

ummm, up+attack?

mastercheff
06-07-2010, 11:23 AM
ummm, up+attack?

Lol I figured it out so far. Currently I've beaten the fake dracula,medusa head,and twin mummies...whats next bring it on!!1

mastercheff
06-07-2010, 05:06 PM
LOL I'm starting to get addicted to emulators. I've even had to create a folder to hold all my emulated games in it. So far I've got castlevania,metroid,legend of zelda, and final fantasy.

BladeTwinSwords
06-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Emulators are meh. I find that people tend to cheat using save states. (Where you can save at ANY time and reload the game from where you saved)

I only use emulators for non-american games.

mastercheff
06-08-2010, 06:14 AM
I use save states after I've beaten a difficult part such as when the storks start spamming those hunchbacks.

BladeTwinSwords
06-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Well I use a plethora of different emulators for each system because ROM hacks and the like will not work on many emulators.

These are what I found to be most effective:

NES: VirtualNES or FCEmu
SNES: ZSNES or Snes9x (Rom Hacks)
N64: Project 64 or Nemu 64
GB/GBC/GBA: VisualBoy Advance or NO$GBA (Also use for DS since i have a touch screen)
Jaguar: Tempest
Sega Products (Except Dreamcast): Fusion

acolyte_to_jippity
06-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Emulators are meh. I find that people tend to cheat using save states. (Where you can save at ANY time and reload the game from where you saved)

I only use emulators for non-american games.

Well I use a plethora of different emulators for each system because ROM hacks and the like will not work on many emulators.

These are what I found to be most effective:

NES: VirtualNES or FCEmu
SNES: ZSNES or Snes9x (Rom Hacks)
N64: Project 64 or Nemu 64
GB/GBC/GBA: VisualBoy Advance or NO$GBA (Also use for DS since i have a touch screen)
Jaguar: Tempest
Sega Products (Except Dreamcast): Fusion

yeah, ok.

i only have 3 emulators that work (well, 4 if you count ti-pc)

gba: VisualBoyAdvance (super robot wars taison 1&2 ftw!!)
n64: Project 64(007 goldeneye, perfect dar, super smash brothers)
nes: nester (mega man series)

i also have psXone i think it's called for psX, but i can't get it to work!!

BladeTwinSwords
06-08-2010, 01:32 PM
For anything later than PS1, you need to download some files that utilize BIOS.

mastercheff
06-08-2010, 01:35 PM
I've downloaded project 64 to play goldeneye but the controls are crap with arrow to aim and z and x to do stuff. Does anyone know how to get my mouse to aim for the guns and stuff?

BladeTwinSwords
06-08-2010, 02:20 PM
http://members.chello.at/n-rage/dinput8/index.html

download this plugin

Of course I have a usb connector that uses my N64 controller.

StarsMine
06-08-2010, 02:25 PM
good! it's a really easy program to use. alot like visualBoyAdvance for gba.

enjoy!!

oh yeah, to get roms, go to www.emuparadise.org

eww to many adds

I like cool roms myself but they comply with that ESA or whatever its called

BladeTwinSwords
06-08-2010, 02:27 PM
I prefer this.

http://www.dgemu.com/

Of course I just get actual carts for like $0.99

mastercheff
06-08-2010, 03:32 PM
http://members.chello.at/n-rage/dinput8/index.html

download this plugin

Of course I have a usb connector that uses my N64 controller.

The entire thing gives me a headache. The tutorial isn't any help either. Can you link me a video that CAN help me or something. I've gotten the game to somewhat work though.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-08-2010, 03:47 PM
The entire thing gives me a headache. The tutorial isn't any help either. Can you link me a video that CAN help me or something. I've gotten the game to somewhat work though.

lol, ok. for goldeneye (and most other games for that matter) in PJ64, go to options, configure controller. here you can remap keys, etc... change the slider that says somethinglike controller sensitivity to approx. 70-80%. this will give you control in game, while not reduceing your max speed all that much. enjoy!

mastercheff
06-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Can you give me a screenshot of your button layout?

acolyte_to_jippity
06-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Can you give me a screenshot of your button layout?

arrows: control stick
z:z
x:b
c:a
a:l
s:r
f: start
j: c-L
k: c-D
l: c-R
i: c-U

mastercheff
06-08-2010, 06:41 PM
arrows: control stick
z:z
x:b
c:a
a:l
s:r
f: start
j: c-L
k: c-D
l: c-R
i: c-U

I know i'm failing hard for asking this question but when you put "j: c-l" you mean j is for control left?

acolyte_to_jippity
06-08-2010, 06:50 PM
I know i'm failing hard for asking this question but when you put "j: c-l" you mean j is for control left?

:facepalm:

ok, you know the c-keys? they're yellow on the actual controller? well, c-L means c-left.

mastercheff
06-08-2010, 07:08 PM
:facepalm:

ok, you know the c-keys? they're yellow on the actual controller? well, c-L means c-left.

Yea ok I get it.

mastercheff
10-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Is visual boy advance a good gameboy emulator? I was thinking of playing fire emblem the sarcred stones again.

BladeTwinSwords
10-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Yes it is

mastercheff
10-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Thanks, I remember playing this when my cousins brought it over for me to play and I loved it, but I've lost my copy of it x.x