way too small for wcs
over played on gg, even shittier on wcs
not made for wcs at all
breaks paceing b/c everyone goes either spiderman or athena

the reason we play it on gg is its good. dont remove it

acolyte_to_jippity
06-08-2010, 03:57 AM
this isn't gg wolf

the map sucks on gg anyway. too overplayed.

and it's not suited for wcs.

maynard
06-08-2010, 04:34 AM
ill be compiling a list late tonight, of the maps that do not belong on WCS, and that need 2 be removed. there's a few. and yes acolyte, you're 100% correct, that map is 1 of them. there's lotts of small GG maps on WCS that don't belong. we don't nor have ever even played them, but with all the new admins over the last while, ppl have been changing it to them. these maps are far 2 small, and offer far 2 much xp 2 fast, also a bunch of them have no objectives. we need 2 be playing maps with objectives most of all because they play into the entire balancing of the races. when you play on death match maps, a bunch of the races become pointless. with christams making maps we can add some of his maps in also. I believe he's done his first map now, and is going to take it to zero.

ill be logging on late tonight to make a list of the maps, and then will be sending it off 2 zero. those who play in WCS will notice no change, cause these are all maps that have never been part of the rotation or played.

XX0wnsXY
06-08-2010, 06:48 AM
but with all the new admins over the last while, ppl have been changing it to them.

It's not me, I swear. I don't even think I have changed the map since I've been in WCS. Maybe once.. but it was not to texture jungle. :D

acolyte_to_jippity
06-08-2010, 11:59 AM
ok know owns. i know.

it's nice to get maynard's support on this one, because i can't help but to feel a bit biased. i hate texture jungle on gg with an incredible passion matched only by my hatred of simpsons_h1 and sandy. it's such an overplayed, overrated piece of crap map.

maynard
06-08-2010, 12:26 PM
I don't hate the map, It just doesn't belong on WCS.

Rawr
06-08-2010, 02:56 PM
I have changed it to that map, but not ever without a 2/3 majority vote. It has been played 3 times in 3 weeks. I see no reason why you can't spice up the map list with a giggle map once a week, it isn't going to change the game, and lots of people have a great time. At no point have I ever seen no objectives be a problem. Also jungle is significantly bigger than crackhouse everyone else's favorite terrible map.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-08-2010, 03:10 PM
I have changed it to that map, but not ever without a 2/3 majority vote. It has been played 3 times in 3 weeks. I see no reason why you can't spice up the map list with a giggle map once a week, it isn't going to change the game, and lots of people have a great time. At no point have I ever seen no objectives be a problem. Also jungle is significantly bigger than crackhouse everyone else's favorite terrible map.

ummm, no?

not even close

Christmas
06-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Even as a person who doesn't mind small maps every so often, texture_jungle takes the cake for horrible WCS maps.

Too many people ward spawn without thinking about it, nade spam spawn without thinking, and simply bum rush with races like eva, jack, vaga, etc. and make the game unbearable for most players.

It should be removed.

maynard
06-08-2010, 03:12 PM

if you want 2 change up the map rotation, it's fine.... that's not what this is about, what this is about is switching it to maps that offer fast xp and money. and ofcourse ppl want 2 play on those maps, they don't want 2 actually work for there lvl's lol.... you getting 2/3 vote for a map that ppl know will cash out well for them doesn't surprise me....

if ppl want 2 play on diff maps that's fine, but they need 2 be proper WCS maps. maps that are balanced for the mod, have a objective, and aren't uber small. as I said, these maps have never been selected or played before until the new admins like yourself came around, all admins in the past could look at the obvious fact that these maps aren't obviously designed for WCS.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-08-2010, 03:35 PM
and for the record, votes like "change to aim_texture_jungle: 1) yes, 2) no" are hardly fair votes. there are way too many 1-spammers in the world.

i know when i own my own servers, i'll randomly put up a vote that says "think carefully: 1) ban me, 2) let me stay, 3) hello, 4) goodby"

anyone who votes yes will get a 4-day ban

Rawr
06-08-2010, 03:52 PM
i know when i own my own servers, i'll randomly put up a vote that says "think carefully: 1) ban me, 2) let me stay, 3) hello, 4) goodby"

anyone who votes yes will get a 4-day ban

While that is a spectacular way to have nobody play on your servers, I'm not sure it's going to have the effect you want. Especially since I've voted 1 2 or 3 on accident probably about 50 times by switching weapons when the vote came up.

If the problem you are worried about is too much exp for people then you're out of control. One map every once in awhile that may be 25% faster than other maps isn't going to change the world.

If your problem is making people unhappy, then I have to say that I had just as many people playing before and after that map every time I switched.

Other than that I'm not sure what the problem is except a few of you just don't like the map and want to impose your rule to make sure everything is your way. If you can get away with it, more power to you, until then, I'll do as I please.

maynard
06-08-2010, 04:27 PM
While that is a spectacular way to have nobody play on your servers, I'm not sure it's going to have the effect you want. Especially since I've voted 1 2 or 3 on accident probably about 50 times by switching weapons when the vote came up.

If the problem you are worried about is too much exp for people then you're out of control. One map every once in awhile that may be 25% faster than other maps isn't going to change the world.

If your problem is making people unhappy, then I have to say that I had just as many people playing before and after that map every time I switched.

Other than that I'm not sure what the problem is except a few of you just don't like the map and want to impose your rule to make sure everything is your way. If you can get away with it, more power to you, until then, I'll do as I please.

1. the server population is always at it's highest when we play original maps.

2. what I'm worried about is the fact it's not balanced, I'm pretty sure that I explained that 2 you in the prior msg...

3 I understand you think you know everything with your 3 weeks of play time on WCS, but it might be best 2 not act on ignorance and ego... doesn't really accomplish much. I'm sorry you're threatend by the fact ive been playing on WCS since the start, and do nothing but make sure it stays regulated and balanced... but I have what's best for the server at heart, and will continue to do so. everything I do for WCS, I do for WCS, not my own personal gain. the main problem with the map you're trying 2 defend is that it's incredibly small, and the enemy can literally be in the other teams spawn in less then 1 second, that's just silly and that aside there's no objective.

also jungle gives out farrrrr more then 25% xp then normal Lol.

and the only people unhappy are yourself and mikey.

also I believe in a prior msg I even said that I like the texture/jungle map, it's fun, and I enjoy it, shit... ice world is 1 of my all time favs.. but the fact of the matter is, they don't belong on WCS, cause they make shit unbalanced.

Rawr
06-08-2010, 05:05 PM
There are tons of imbalances in WCS. It may be possible to balance the game entirely, but it would require a large amount of time and effort and reprogramming that I don't think anybody is willing to do when it's close enough.

Yes, you can be in the spawn in a second. I can't count the amount of times people have gotten into my spawn before I'm 5 meters away from it. Spiderman, strider, bugged santa, chameleon, warden, good vagas, all can do this in many of our maps, even the vanilla ones. Overall I don't get why get rid of maps when they have no significant impact on the game and are very rarely played.

PS being here longer doesn't make you better than others nor does me being relatively new make me ignorant. I get your used to what you say being followed and you're the leading authority on WCS rules and people should follow what you say in that regard; that power doesn't extend beyond that.

maynard
06-08-2010, 05:30 PM
PS being here longer doesn't make you better than others

True

nor does me being relatively new make me ignorant.

False. not saying you're stupid, just ignorant on the subject of WCS... if you're trying 2 argue we should play maps like this 1 and pool day, like mikey was, then you clearly are ignorant and don't fully understand the point of balancing.

I get your used to what you say being followed

Lmfao... I only wish bro, truth is I deal with a handful of new admins like you every month-2months. I'm used 2 having 2 constantly explain the rules of the server, and have ppl argue with me non stop, cause they think they know everything after a couple days on the server... then stop playing in it another month or 2 later.

and people should follow what you say in that regard; that power doesn't extend beyond that.

Never asked it 2 bro, or even remotely claimed it did. what I did claim, and is a fact though is you and mikey are the only ppl crying over playing maps that give you free xp out the ass and unbalance the races 2 no end., mikey did the exact same argument as you're doing now "oh I just wana play some new maps once in a while" but it's not about that, you want 2 play small maps, that give quick xp, and are based on DM style, no objective. go play GG if that's what you want. if you only wanted 2 play some new maps and have some variety, you would... but the fact is, you guys just seem 2 want 2 play these cheap little quick maps that cash out.

There are tons of imbalances in WCS.

Not in the races there isn't. you might think so, but you'd be wrong. every class has a counter class, and even the best classes have several classes that can pwwn them. ppl just rather bitch (not you personally, just in general) then change there race 2 deal with it though, and claim zero is lazy and doesn't balance things when he infact does and has.

Rawr
06-08-2010, 06:03 PM
I see what your saying, I still think I'm right in a way. But you've debunked me by weaving me in with mikey and that makes even me not want to listen to me anymore...also it makes me sad. I can't in good conscious argue something that mikey originally said is a good idea.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Not in the races there isn't. you might think so, but you'd be wrong. every class has a counter class, and even the best classes have several classes that can pwwn them. ppl just rather bitch (not you personally, just in general) then change there race 2 deal with it though, and claim zero is lazy and doesn't balance things when he infact does and has.

exactly. why else do you think we don't have 500+ races like some servers out there? it's because whenevr zero decides to add new races, he playtests them rigorously on a private closed server w/ a few regulars to ensure they don't break gameplay in any way. every race has a counter.
eva, go vaga, or molecule, or shadow hunter, or hell hunter.
vaga bon/lion? go human. yes, that's right. a maxed human is extremely deadly to a vaga.
glitched santa? human again, or athena
flame pred? athena, human, raiden, nightelves, hellhunter, shadow hunter, vaga...

this is one of the most balanced wcs servers i've ever played on. however, maps made for gg completely ruin and overbalance everything. i would love to play poolday/iceworld. those are my 2 favorite maps. however, those do not belong on wcs. maybe in a pub server, but not wcs.

there's a difference between crappy maps, and maps that are bad for wcs. texture_jungle happens to fit both catagories, but mostly the not good for wcs one

Rawr
06-08-2010, 06:13 PM
By the way, before you said it I never once even though about jungle for more exp than normal, it was just a gungame map that I always liked and it's the first one I recognized on the list.

maynard
06-08-2010, 06:43 PM
I see what your saying, I still think I'm right in a way. But you've debunked me by weaving me in with mikey and that makes even me not want to listen to me anymore...also it makes me sad. I can't in good conscious argue something that mikey originally said is a good idea.

lmfao.. epic.

but fair enough, ill believe ya, that you wernt wanting 2 play it or the xp. I'm just saying that beteween all the xp, and the no objective it really does unbalance things. also I know mikey has been abusing those maps 2 get fast xp late at night, that or just abusing the lvling system some other way.... I'm sure he would argue diff, but the fact is he's 1 of the worst shots ive ever seen in CSS, and ive only once ever seen him have more kills then deaths, yet in like 6 days he's over lvl 500??? lol sssuurrreee.....

acolyte_to_jippity
06-08-2010, 06:49 PM
lmfao.. epic.

but fair enough, ill believe ya, that you wernt wanting 2 play it or the xp. I'm just saying that beteween all the xp, and the no objective it really does unbalance things. also I know mikey has been abusing those maps 2 get fast xp late at night, that or just abusing the lvling system some other way.... I'm sure he would argue diff, but the fact is he's 1 of the worst shots ive ever seen in CSS, and ive only once ever seen him have more kills then deaths, yet in like 6 days he's over lvl 500??? lol sssuurrreee.....

well, that'll come to a stop as soon as zero removes the "crap maps".

i'll keep my eyes peeled though, just in case

Rawr
06-08-2010, 07:02 PM
he's over level 500? I just broke 500 no way has he matched me, perhaps someone powerleveled him on a really high class.

Blackmage
06-08-2010, 07:17 PM
well, that'll come to a stop as soon as zero removes the "crap maps".

No it won't, it will just be harder. With 6 or so people working together, you can easily get 10 second rounds on almost any map. "All rush (position)". Or De maps, getting the T's to rush planting, gets you that exp and still fairly short rounds.

As I've never seen him work to speed rounds out, I can't comment (the only time he took me to pool he or one of the other admins on also banned wards lol), but, an admin asking for you to play in a certain way plus others who also want to level ("suggesting" everyone rush a certain area, ect) can make you feel like doing things. Making up rules because they feel the game should be played that way happens. A threat or warning kick/slay/slap can cow newer or people unversed in server rules. All it takes is no one to keep them in check, or having those people distracted while they force their will on the rest.

If someone, especially an admin (or an admin's friend...) wants to abuse something, short of doing something to the admin, you're not going to stop it. They WILL find a way to abuse things.

Now, I won't say Mikey was abusing things in this way or any way, I never saw such, just saying a map fix won't solve the problem, should it exist. It will just stop the easiest way.

maynard
06-08-2010, 07:19 PM
he's over level 500? I just broke 500 no way has he matched me, perhaps someone powerleveled him on a really high class.

which would be against WCS rules. not sure how he did it, but he manipulated the lvling system some how 2 lvl uber fast.

ppl who are actually good at the game and don't pull a 4-28 score every map, can barley pull it off that quick... with him... not possible in even the slightest. even if he did nothing but buy xp, still not possible.

maynard
06-08-2010, 07:26 PM
If someone, especially an admin (or an admin's friend...) wants to abuse something, short of doing something to the admin, you're not going to stop it.

already have several times. once you get reported 2 zero, you're basically under the hot seat, and ppl lay off trying 2 manipulate the server because they know I can check there total lvl when ever they are on, and based on the skill lvl of the person and how long they played (which I can check at any time), you can easily determine if they have been fucking around. I'm going 2 ask zero 2 look into mikey's admin log also. I also got numerous demos of him spamming the shit out of the server when he's drunk, and him also refusing 2 change his race when he needed 2... you were there also rawr and know what I'm talking about.

I really don't like cheaters....

Blackmage
06-08-2010, 07:28 PM
If someone powerleveled him, I'd be more curious who THAT was... Are we sure he's over level 500? Given Rawr has put more hours in, has almost twice the score of mikey, unless Rawr has been doing something VERY in his leveling, there would seem to be something REALLY odd going on...

But, shouldn't the discussion on Mikey really be in some other thread?

maynard
06-08-2010, 07:31 PM
yeah, my apologies, the thread topic kinda shifted with him being 1 of the main reasons we need 2 remove these maps...

Christmas
06-08-2010, 07:43 PM
How does a hell hunter counter a fucking eva?

Blackmage
06-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Cause it shoots him dead fast if you have the ulti. Unless you're aimed at him with ulti prepared and he has no necklace, or able to jump away almost instantly, if he ulti's beginning with you, you're shot. Given the 38 second cooldown, this is not the best counter, but it works.

But there are plenty of threads on this topic. :)

acolyte_to_jippity
06-08-2010, 07:53 PM
How does a hell hunter counter a fucking eva?

simple. flashbang to skybox, smoke nade to restrict movement, then unleash the fucking fury!

Christmas
06-08-2010, 07:55 PM
simple. flashbang to skybox, smoke nade to restrict movement, then unleash the fucking fury!

You would have to be pretty surgical to do that because not once have I seen it.

maynard
06-08-2010, 08:10 PM
I found out today that human is actually pretty decent when it comes 2 dealing with evas.

between banish, there evade and then....mirror dmg... they really do pwwn.

Christmas
06-08-2010, 08:24 PM
I found out today that human is actually pretty decent when it comes 2 dealing with evas.

Humans pwn a lot.

I am unbeatable at crackhouse with human alliance.

maynard
06-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Humans pwn a lot.

not if that guy is on... what's his name.. pwwnage? oh wait, no, it's maynard:smirk:

Christmas
06-08-2010, 08:26 PM
not if that guy is on... what's his name.. pwwnage? oh wait, no, it's maynard:smirk:

Dude I would rape your shit. Don't even.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-08-2010, 08:40 PM

ummm, human doesn't have a) evade, or b) mirror damage. they have xtra health, bash, invisibility, and teleport

Humans pwn a lot.

amen dude. human's my favorite class for a reason

maynard
06-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Dude I would rape your shit. Don't even.

your dreams don't count :smirk:

Christmas
06-08-2010, 08:55 PM
your dreams don't count :smirk:

Bitch, I play for keeps.

maynard
06-08-2010, 09:00 PM
ummm, human doesn't have a) evade, or b) mirror damage.

lawl...

and my bad, I had a brain fart, I meant 2 say that night elves pwwns evas.

XX0wnsXY
06-09-2010, 01:25 AM
yet in like 6 days he's over lvl 500???

Guess I'm doing it wrong :(

maynard
06-09-2010, 12:07 PM
I sent the list of maps off 2 zero last night, it's basically the FY maps, aim ag texture maps, and a couple others that just don't belong on WCS. was also surprised 2 find more maps with free guns.

Rawr
06-09-2010, 01:10 PM
the bad hangemhigh version has free guns and no buy zone.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-09-2010, 01:26 PM

if someone added a buy zone to the hangemhigh that's on gg, it'd be awesome.

that map would kick ass for wcs.

maynard
06-09-2010, 01:32 PM

ya the hangemhigh was on my list of bad maps.

Christmas
06-09-2010, 01:42 PM
if someone added a buy zone to the hangemhigh that's on gg, it'd be awesome.

that map would kick ass for wcs.

There is actually a version on another WCS map that I could poach. It's ballin.

Rawr
06-09-2010, 01:50 PM
There is a proper hangemhigh already on the list.

Christmas
06-09-2010, 01:53 PM
There is a proper hangemhigh already on the list.

No there isn't.

ZERO
06-15-2010, 04:32 PM
This map is not even in the rotation...

acolyte_to_jippity
06-15-2010, 04:34 PM
This map is not even in the rotation...

it's in maplist though.