PDA

View Full Version : Senior Admin

๖ReS
06-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Whom ever has the most power over other admins shouldn't be based on time, I don't know how, but we need to make some other way to set the seniority of Admins in our servers, Otherwise we get stuck doing what ever the senior admin wants and I get bitched at for trying to do something about it.

Example: Sitting on some shit map in Zmod like zm_retard or something

"Senior Admin" wants to go to mario escape

He doesn't make a vote, instead just changes it.

My votes to get us off the map get canceled because I'm not senior.

I just find it absurd, I liked it much better when all the old admins just kinda discussed who would put a vote up, and that's how we did shit.

Fucking miss the old days.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-08-2010, 06:51 PM
uhhh, for the record, there's nothing in the tos saying admins must make votes. it's just not to be abused w/ frequent map changes.

and also, senior admin only counts for one thing: maps.

maynard
06-08-2010, 06:51 PM
I just find it absurd, I liked it much better when all the old admins just kinda discussed who would put a vote up, and that's how we did shit.

Fucking miss the old days.

I highly doubt zero is gonna go change the TOS for ya lol....

it's always been like this. just cause a year ago ppl were more prone to asking 1 another what they thought doesn't mean that can't still happen. but in the event that ppl don't agree, there's always then the senior admin who can make the call. I personally don't think admins should do map changes without a vote that consists of other maps also.. it's how ive always done it anyway.

๖ReS
06-08-2010, 07:23 PM
I highly doubt zero is gonna go change the TOS for ya lol....

it's always been like this. just cause a year ago ppl were more prone to asking 1 another what they thought doesn't mean that can't still happen. but in the event that ppl don't agree, there's always then the senior admin who can make the call. I personally don't think admins should do map changes without a vote that consists of other maps also.. it's how ive always done it anyway.

Well it probably won't considering all of the new admins follow that rule strictly. I know Zero wont change the TOS but still they need to chill with the senior admin shit.

Also, What I was trying to say about the random map change is that we were like right in the middle of playing, and he changed it to mario escape...

maynard
06-08-2010, 07:29 PM
id be pissed off also, res. admins need 2 learn that's it's not about what they just want, senior admin or not. there's a server full of ppl, and every 1 should be able 2 have a good time.

and yes I couldn't agree more about the new admins and the senior admin thing. it's like ppl (not gonna name any 1) just log on and try and stay on so they can have ultimate say over the map changs... it's kinda sad. at the very least though, admins should think about the fact they're not the only 1 on the server, and do a multiple map vote so the mass majority can fairly vote on what they want 2 play.

๖ReS
06-08-2010, 07:33 PM
id be pissed off also, res. admins need 2 learn that's it's not about what they just want, senior admin or not. there's a server full of ppl, and every 1 should be able 2 have a good time.

and yes I couldn't agree more about the new admins and the senior admin thing. it's like ppl (not gonna name any 1) just log on and try and stay on so they can have ultimate say over the map changs... it's kinda sad. at the very least though, admins should think about the fact they're not the only 1 on the server, and do a multiple map vote so the mass majority can fairly vote on what they want 2 play.

But every fucking time one of them makes a vote it's a random one, not a self built map pack, so then we end up with a list of 5 horrible maps and then to top all that 1 is "Extend Map" so of course everyone spams 1 and we all stay on the map. Wooo hooo.

Fireye
06-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Do a ma_vote with maps you like? I have a bind set up for all my favorite GG maps.

Christmas
06-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Maynard, you don't understand the stupidity level of ZM.

Why do you think I only play WCS and PUB now?

maynard
06-08-2010, 08:07 PM
fair enough.... didn't really think of the million horror stories ive heard of that place lol. WCS FTW =)

Jeimuzu
06-08-2010, 08:40 PM
ZM was fine until 41 people were allowed in there at a time instead of 32. It's just 10 too many. Zero still needs to make a second ZM server oldschool style.

Anyhow, whenever I'm there I always ask everyone what they want to play. If they bitch about a map I add to a vote, and yet don't suggest any other maps, then who's the idiot?

I just wish the settings were all back to normal.. I didn't really understand why Zero added 10 slots instead of just making another 20+ slot server..

Clone
06-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Res first of all you suck.. :lmao::lmao:

Secondly if your referring to the newbies admins that go on a power trip and think their shit doesn't stink i agree with you. The way I look at it is "if Ive been around longer then you and ur making gay map votes or changing the map to whatever YOU want Ill kick ur ass to stop the madness... I don't care about map votes or anything else unless i start to get annoyed or others start to complain. usually ill just sit in game play until something happens and then handle it...

I still love ZM and occasionally go on to keep things orderly. I def. frequent the PUB and can usually be found there...

anyway thats my two cents and ill be on the ZM server more now that your whining about admins being bad.... :lmao::lmao:

Clone

DrTran
06-08-2010, 10:54 PM
How about more admin ranks? The real old-school regulars definitely deserve more priviledges (did I spell that right?...) then the new guys. I honestly don't care where I'm at as long as someone with some decent IQ is in control...

ZERO
06-09-2010, 01:17 AM
This is why when we switch admin systems (sometime after the beta goes live) there will be levels of admin. There will be a new level created above the current normal admins and below clan members. These users will have more power than just a normal admin. This system will help keep large numbers of admins in line by allowing more experienced admins the ability to have more power.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-09-2010, 01:37 AM
This is why when we switch admin systems (sometime after the beta goes live) there will be levels of admin. There will be a new level created above the current normal admins and below clan members. These users will have more power than just a normal admin. This system will help keep large numbers of admins in line by allowing more experienced admins the ability to have more power.

+ fucking 1!

Tickle Me Emo
06-09-2010, 03:14 AM

Hoorah.

Christmas
06-09-2010, 11:15 AM

And this is going to take place when?

Rapedollar$
06-09-2010, 11:18 AM
sometime after the beta goes live.... like Zero said...

Christmas
06-09-2010, 11:26 AM
sometime after the beta goes live.... like Zero said...

I remember hearing many dates that the new system would be implemented.

maynard
06-09-2010, 12:18 PM
when does the new CSS go live again?

Hitman
06-09-2010, 12:51 PM
We really dont have problems like this in WCS and Pub. I went into ZM and the place was just utter chaos....

DrTran
06-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Well that's because the maps in Zombie mod change the gameplay much more than any of the other servers.
Then of course your average zombie mod player usually has a personal map preference; either escape, cade, maps made after movies (LOTR, Indiana Jones...) or maps with 'cool' sounding names (Ninja_beta). It can be a pain in the ass finding a map that will shut up most of these guys up or else prepare to get spammed with "This map sucks! RTV!"

๖ReS
06-09-2010, 03:52 PM
CSS beta sucks lol.

Rage
06-12-2010, 07:08 AM

I would make sweet love to you right now, but that would be gay. Awesome awesome that you are going to do that!

THE HOLY SH**T!
06-22-2010, 03:59 AM
i ban about 23 ppl in tha zm in about 7 hourz on. 2 VV33K ban, lik 10 |)ay ban, an tha razt a coupl3 hourz ban. k3YBOAR|] Iz brok3n 5oz for thiz garbag 5p3LLING.

Lik3 thA I|]3a z3r0.

Rob
06-24-2010, 05:36 AM
Do the ranks go with playtime in the server, or like, admin time.
example:
A person could have longer admin time than me. but the actual complete playtime is like half of mine.
I've been around since 08. ;D

๖ReS
07-13-2010, 05:40 PM
i ban about 23 ppl in tha zm in about 7 hourz on. 2 VV33K ban, lik 10 |)ay ban, an tha razt a coupl3 hourz ban. k3YBOAR|] Iz brok3n 5oz for thiz garbag 5p3LLING.

Lik3 thA I|]3a z3r0.

lolwat.

Christmas
07-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Do the ranks go with playtime in the server, or like, admin time.
example:
A person could have longer admin time than me. but the actual complete playtime is like half of mine.
I've been around since 08. ;D

It's always who has been in the server the longest.

So if on any given day I go into ZM and then you go into ZM, I have senior admin status. If you go into gg then I go into gg later, then YOU have senior admin status.

taz1stP
07-13-2010, 07:54 PM
the thing that i hate about senior admin is when the senior admin goes afk in spec and the outer admin cant do shit because if we do they bitch when they get back on.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-13-2010, 07:57 PM
It's always who has been in the server the longest.

So if on any given day I go into ZM and then you go into ZM, I have senior admin status. If you go into gg then I go into gg later, then YOU have senior admin status.

ranks, not sr. admin.

zero's doing the ranked system when site updates, remember?

Christmas
07-13-2010, 08:00 PM
ranks, not sr. admin.

zero's doing the ranked system when site updates, remember?

I missed him say ranks. Since this is about senior I figured that was what he mentioned.

Also I am not holding my breath on something that has been apparently being developed for almost a year already.

Taz, if the senior admin is non responsive then there is no reason to defer to them since they are unable to perform their "duty" as senior admin.