PDA

View Full Version : Instal !buylevel for scout

Kavinsky
06-10-2010, 06:56 PM
If theres one weapon that breaks up a good kill streak its the scout, I'l like to have buylevel enabled for this weapon after getting killed with it for 2 rounds and just that weapon nothing else.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-10-2010, 08:24 PM
nah.

it's fine. swap to knife if you can't get lucky w/ it

StarsMine
06-10-2010, 10:48 PM
XD I love it but 2 kills? should be like 5 or 6
man I have an 18 death streak from that damned weapon.

Kavinsky
06-11-2010, 12:48 AM
at the very least it should be moved in the weapons list, I mean to go from an ak 47 to that is kinda like going from a 44 magnum handgun to a 17 caliber single shot, I mean its on par with the glock when it comes to usefulness

Unless someone walks into the bullet your not going to get a quick kill and probably get mowed down on close quarters maps
and knifing doesnt work when your getting rushed on out in the open small maps with hardly any cover you can shoot over.

the easy way to do the least amount of work to fix this zero is to put in that buylevel just for this gun.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-11-2010, 12:55 AM
or get better.

XX0wnsXY
06-11-2010, 05:32 AM
I see where you're coming from.. in that you're just bad with the scout :P

I also don't think buying levels should ever be allowed in GG.

my two cents.

hallwagner
06-11-2010, 06:56 AM
at the very least it should be moved in the weapons list, I mean to go from an ak 47 to that is kinda like going from a 44 magnum handgun to a 17 caliber single shot, I mean its on par with the glock when it comes to usefulness

Unless someone walks into the bullet your not going to get a quick kill and probably get mowed down on close quarters maps
and knifing doesnt work when your getting rushed on out in the open small maps with hardly any cover you can shoot over.

the easy way to do the least amount of work to fix this zero is to put in that buylevel just for this gun.

personally i have alot more trouble with ak. scout is a good weapon, on top of knifing to get off it, try following a teamate and noscope killstealing, i know its cheap but we have priorities. but im also pretty good at getting headshots with it. i say no buylevel at all on ibis

StarsMine
06-11-2010, 01:45 PM
You know I dispise the scout, but I think GG would be to easy w/o it

Nemesis
06-11-2010, 02:50 PM
or you could all just become good at the game...

hallwagner
06-11-2010, 03:24 PM
or you could all just become good at the game...

yea all of us that happen to be good at scout get past it, so maybe you should just get good at scout instead of finding an easy way out, maybe you sucking at scout means you shouldnt get a gungame win

XX0wnsXY
06-12-2010, 01:58 AM
We could turn this into a nice game of roulette. IF you buylevel to get off of the scout you lose 2 levels, however are able to skip the scout once back to level 9.

Take your chances, use the scout or lose 2 levels. You shouldn't just be able to skip a weapon. There has to be some risk factor :)

Also, buying levels has no place in GG. Just sayin'.

Kavinsky
06-12-2010, 02:22 AM
you've all seen me play, I am not bad with the scout, this gun FUCKS you over in the middle of a gunfight. It's fucking out of place, it should be at either the END of the rotation or at the BEGING, NOT in the MIDDLE after the most useful gun in the game.

Hell make the scout level 2 before the awp, that would fix it. after all we've got the auto snipers right after each other, why not the you've got one shot or your dead guns.

its either that or buylevel.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-12-2010, 02:42 AM
you've all seen me play, I am not bad with the scout, this gun FUCKS you over in the middle of a gunfight. It's fucking out of place, it should be at either the END of the rotation or at the BEGING, NOT in the MIDDLE after the most useful gun in the game.

Hell make the scout level 2 before the awp, that would fix it. after all we've got the auto snipers right after each other, why not the you've got one shot or your dead guns.

or...you stop complaining.

:shrug:

it's fine where it is.

Kavinsky
06-12-2010, 06:53 AM
no it ISN'T it's out of place and it should be right behind or infront of the awp and I wil not stop till its in its rightful position in the rotation.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-12-2010, 07:12 AM
no it ISN'T it's out of place and it should be right behind or infront of the awp and I wil not stop till its in its rightful position in the rotation.

how long has it been the way it is?

how many complaints have there been during that time?

hallwagner
06-12-2010, 09:02 AM

if you have trouble getting past scout, maybe youre destined to not ever win a gungame or very few. point is, learn to get past it or keep staying on level 9. buylevel is a cheap option, and yes, sometimes on certain days i wish i could buy a level. but that defeats the whole purpose of gungame, which is being able to use each weapon skillfully enough to get a kill under any circumstances

acolyte_to_jippity
06-12-2010, 09:27 AM
if you have trouble getting past scout, maybe youre destined to not ever win a gungame or very few. point is, learn to get past it or keep staying on level 9. buylevel is a cheap option, and yes, sometimes on certain days i wish i could buy a level. but that defeats the whole purpose of gungame, which is being able to use each weapon skillfully enough to get a kill under any circumstances

it'd be like on wcs, complaining about not being able to kill a vaga or eva. so you go and buy the levels to do it.

it completely ruins the game

hallwagner
06-12-2010, 12:43 PM
it'd be like on wcs, complaining about not being able to kill a vaga or eva. so you go and buy the levels to do it.

it completely ruins the game

exactly

Kavinsky
06-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Its out of place and the reason why no one is complaining is because you ignore them and put them down for doing so. It should be moved next to the awp and not be sitting next to the best gun in the game, atleast till valve fucks that over with the beta release and probably more so with the scout.

I doubt it was put next to the ak on purpose too, it was probably just a screw up on zeros part and he never fixed it, like the mute feature which is still broken on zm but everywhere else it works.

both are nasty quirks that would make both things a 1000X better if they were fucking delt with, so pretty please with fucking sugar on top move the fucking gun next to the awp where it belongs zero.

Christmas
06-12-2010, 07:21 PM

Stop bitching because you suck with the scout.

GG is for lame-Os anyway.

XX0wnsXY
06-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Stop bitching because you suck with the scout.

GG is for lame-Os anyway.

Oh whatever. GG is fun, especially when you dont suck.

Christmas
06-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Oh whatever. GG is fun, especially when you dont suck.

Then why do you keep going there?

OH SNAP

XX0wnsXY
06-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Then why do you keep going there?

OH SNAP

Oh snap..105 wins in just under 3 months..i suck terribly. come show me how its done.

Perry
06-12-2010, 08:45 PM
ownsy is gunna pwnsy your ass lol

Christmas
06-12-2010, 09:52 PM
ownsy is gunna pwnsy your ass lol

Make sure you are on when we both play so you can cheer her on.

XX0wnsXY
06-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Make sure you are on when we both play so you can cheer her on.

this is not my fault. if i could have a penis i would use it for world domination.

Perry
06-12-2010, 10:06 PM
rofl.

Kavinsky
06-13-2010, 06:16 AM
Actually I don't and stop sucking on your own ego for a minute and listen for once christmas.

hallwagner
06-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Actually I don't and stop sucking on your own ego for a minute and listen for once christmas.

your arguement was "wrong placement in weapon lineup for scout, please move" the "good" players in gungame have no problem with scout or its placement in the level system. point is, get skill like the rest of us and deal with it. i know its hypocritical of me to say this but, stop complaining

Kavinsky
06-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Did you not read anything I said above?! I said I am find with the scout, provided its on a map where they walk into a chokespot i'm covering or walk into the shot.

Any sort of map that has an open area fucks you over with the scout or any sniper for matter.

but the SCOUT in particualr to the nth degree because you only get ONE SHOT, ONE SHOT before they rush you and kill you and to top it off the hit detections off so it counts a neck shot as a chest shot.

So it either needs to be moved next to the awp or switched around with it

and I will never stop complaining when something like this is fucked up and should have been fixed a long time ago, nor will I with the fucking mute feature in zm, you dont want me to complain, FIX THE FUCKING THING AND I WILL.

XX0wnsXY
06-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Did you not read anything I said above?! I said I am find with the scout, provided its on a map where they walk into a chokespot i'm covering or walk into the shot.

Any sort of map that has an open area fucks you over with the scout or any sniper for matter.

but the SCOUT in particualr to the nth degree because you only get ONE SHOT, ONE SHOT before they rush you and kill you and to top it off the hit detections off so it counts a neck shot as a chest shot.

So it either needs to be moved next to the awp or switched around with it

and I will never stop complaining when something like this is fucked up and should have been fixed a long time ago, nor will I with the fucking mute feature in zm, you dont want me to complain, FIX THE FUCKING THING AND I WILL.

Kavinsky, if you are arguing that the scout needs taken out of rotation all together i might throw you a bone (although i like the rotation other than there being 2 autosnipers). arguing that the scout needs to be out in a different spot in the rotation is just malarchy. placement of the weapon matters not.

Rapedollar$
06-14-2010, 12:24 AM
L2 shoot the scout? its not hard to get a kill with a scout, open or not. and really if it isnt open, then the knife should be relatively easy....

kav, i actually do respect most of the stuff you post but some of it is utter crybaby bullshit...

Spasm
06-19-2010, 05:56 AM
L2 shoot the scout? its not hard to get a kill with a scout, open or not. and really if it isnt open, then the knife should be relatively easy....

kav, i actually do respect most of the stuff you post but some of it is utter crybaby bullshit...

guna agree here, sir L2 headshot with the scout, the gun is easy as fuck to get off of, and if you cannot get off of it, then knife do w/e, but the purpose of gun game is to go through all weapons, no matter how much they blow. AND btw the scout does not blow.

Nemesis
06-19-2010, 07:50 AM
kav look at it this way, a good player can get 6 or 7 kills in the first round, so by round 2 they can already be on scout(9) where other people are still on lvl 1 and 2. having the scout where it is gives players with a slow start to catch up rather quickly and keep the game interesting. it also is far enough into thw weapons rotation to keep it from turning into a scout/knife server since there's less chance of everyone being on it, like it would be at a lower lvl.

devour
06-21-2010, 09:09 AM
i lol'd at this thread. thank u kav

hallwagner
06-21-2010, 09:53 AM
guna agree here, sir L2 headshot with the scout, the gun is easy as fuck to get off of, and if you cannot get off of it, then knife do w/e, but the purpose of gun game is to go through all weapons, no matter how much they blow. AND btw the scout does not blow.

yea awp is a whole lot worse than scout, for me at least

Special_K
06-25-2010, 12:26 PM
You realize, by the time you reach the scout, you have 16000$ anyway. Everyone would buy out of the level. To use the buylevel command he would have to install a better money system plugin and the buylevel plugin. Just practice. I hated it too, until I practiced with it more.

Spasm
06-28-2010, 07:02 AM
You realize, by the time you reach the scout, you have 16000$ anyway. Everyone would buy out of the level. To use the buylevel command he would have to install a better money system plugin and the buylevel plugin. Just practice. I hated it too, until I practiced with it more.

practiced turning on your uber hacks :O

hallwagner
06-28-2010, 08:07 AM
practiced turning on your uber hacks :O

hahhhaaha ;)

StarsMine
06-28-2010, 09:05 AM
Now that you dont have to lead your target it is really easy to get off.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Now that you dont have to lead your target it is really easy to get off.

i loled

Christmas
06-28-2010, 09:00 PM

I beg your pardon?

I don't prop myself up at all. I was only giving Owns shit about GG (which I would hope most would see the irony in since I don't play GG and am not good at all in comparison) and she caught on to it.

Also, the scout is a gun. Just like the glock. Everyone has to get a kill with it to move on so it isn't like a select few people are being punished for no good reason at all.

Kavinsky
07-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Your late christmas I said that awhile ago before the update, now the scouts somewhat usable in CQC.
which is weird because only a complete moron would try to use a bolt action rifle that cant even kill with one shot to the torso in CQC

(athought I stil dont know how I pulled off two perfect shots to owns's torso on falling trash awhile ago before the update)

but its now the mp5's thats giving me trouble.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-01-2010, 07:03 AM
Your late christmas I said that awhile ago before the update, now the scouts somewhat usable in CQC.
which is weird because only a complete moron would try to use a bolt action rifle that cant even kill with one shot to the torso in CQC

(athought I stil dont know how I pulled off two perfect shots to owns's torso on falling trash awhile ago before the update)

but its now the mp5's thats giving me trouble.

yeah!! now it seems as if the awp and strangely enough, the zoom-rifles (aug and other one) give me more problems than the scout. the pistols i still kick ass at though:wtg:

devour
07-01-2010, 07:06 AM
pro tip: dont zoom in

hallwagner
07-01-2010, 08:22 AM
im actually having alot of trouble with the scout after the update, and yes also the smgs

StarsMine
07-01-2010, 12:44 PM
im actually having alot of trouble with the scout after the update, and yes also the smgs

other then the p90 the SMGs always gave me trouble. they just dont have the range/accuracy of the other guns

acolyte_to_jippity
07-01-2010, 01:00 PM
other then the p90 the SMGs always gave me trouble. they just dont have the range/accuracy of the other guns

not for me. smg's was where i used to make up lost time. ump is great long range, bursting while crouched, tmp rips people up in cqc, and mac 10...well...mac 10 just sucks.

hallwagner
07-01-2010, 01:42 PM
not for me. smg's was where i used to make up lost time. ump is great long range, bursting while crouched, tmp rips people up in cqc, and mac 10...well...mac 10 just sucks.

yea smgs used to be a breeze, as did scout. now its nearly impossible for me to get off scout without a bit of luck or someone elses stupidity

acolyte_to_jippity
07-01-2010, 02:17 PM
yea smgs used to be a breeze, as did scout. now its nearly impossible for me to get off scout without a bit of luck or someone elses stupidity

scout's incredibly easy now. awp's harder. at least scout goes where you aimm while moving.

hallwagner
07-01-2010, 02:54 PM
scout's incredibly easy now. awp's harder. at least scout goes where you aimm while moving.

yea ive always had trouble with awp. cant noscope with it for shit, and if you miss once (highly likely) your fucked. scout is hard now because im so used to leading my target, and with these reverted hitboxes, my headshots arent headshots

Kavinsky
07-01-2010, 08:22 PM
devour go fuck yourself, you dont even have an avatar!

It just seems like almost all of the smgs own for me now save for the mp5,
before it seemed like the tmp and mac could never kill anything weirdly enough.

with the awp its just a simple matter of waiting for someone to walk into a torso shot, you dont need to aim for the head with it masta, just wait around a known pathway and fire when they show up in the scope, simple.

hmm still 40 minutes to kill before the new futurama....

hallwagner
07-01-2010, 08:56 PM
devour go fuck yourself, you dont even have an avatar!

It just seems like almost all of the smgs own for me now save for the mp5,
before it seemed like the tmp and mac could never kill anything weirdly enough.

with the awp its just a simple matter of waiting for someone to walk into a torso shot, you dont need to aim for the head with it masta, just wait around a known pathway and fire when they show up in the scope, simple.

hmm still 40 minutes to kill before the new futurama....

GODAMNIT, fuck not having cable :(

Kavinsky
07-02-2010, 05:00 PM
It was alright, but it felt kinda like an old episode, like the kind of thing you would have expected on fox years ago.

ah nevermind it probably feels that way because I torented the first two episodes about a day or so ago after accidentally missing them, it'll probably feel as fresh as it should of next week.

and masta the website I used for that was Btjunkie, just an fyi.