PDA

View Full Version : New possible map ideas...

Christmas
06-13-2010, 12:23 AM
Alright, since I finished the two last maps that caught my eye, I need ideas on new maps to work on.

All servers are applicable. These are the ideas I have so far.

Cs_office_tactix: Tactical office map. Multiple floors
Ze_rats: Rats Zombie escape map
GG_pyramid: pyramid map with different tunnels
cs_chasm: timesplitters based maphttp://www.timesplittersgames.com/images/ts2/niveaux/gouffre.jpg
zm_joe_louis_arena: large ice rink (look it up) with cades and crouch areas by nets

So? Lets get the creative juices flowing!

XX0wnsXY
06-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Alright, since I finished the two last maps that caught my eye, I need ideas on new maps to work on.

All servers are applicable. These are the ideas I have so far.

Ze_rats: Rats Zombie escape map
GG_pyramid: pyramid map with different tunnels
cs_chasm: timesplitters based maphttp://www.timesplittersgames.com/images/ts2/niveaux/gouffre.jpg
zm_joe_louis_arena: large ice rink (look it up) with cades and crouch areas by nets

So? Lets get the creative juices flowing!

Im glad you got the rats escape idea. i hate escape maps, generally...but if done right, a rats style could be awesome. perhaps a labirynth type trap map or something.

a remake of pistol 3 floor for gg would be cool...perhaps with a few side ways to go.

a working version of that haunted map for ibis would be neato.

Christmas
06-13-2010, 08:30 AM
What about a pub/wcs map called cs_omaha?

Base it off the most famous beach that was taken over during D-day?

Would be much better than that current beach map that is on there. Way too unbalanced.

Oasis
06-13-2010, 08:32 AM
ZM > all

Rage
06-13-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm telling you. If you want a crazy ZM map, check out my idea.

Basics:

You are on a run away train that is undoubtedly going to fall off a bridge. Basically, you must make your way to the front of the train, car by car, in order to jump to a platform right before the train falls off a bridge, killing anyone still onboard.

Details:

Assume that at timed intervals, the last car detaches from the train. In a sequence. It is the job of the surviving humans to defend each car, which can very from cargo holds, to dining cars, to passenger cars, and last but not least, the engines. Players must hold off inside the cars, and even on top, but must be careful for they can get knocked off. To make it even more challenging, there could possibly be those man powered railroad carts that follow the train. Could make it move by pressing use key on them.

I think when its all said and done, it has potential to make a really fun map.

Rapedollar$
06-14-2010, 12:14 AM
that sounds cool as fuck rage, but it also sounds like a crazy amount of work...

Christmas
06-14-2010, 04:27 AM
Heh. Wouldn't be too hard. The only problem would be keeping the train from going so fast that you get knocked off it like in some escape maps.

I'll take a look after work. That will probably take me about a month to do since each train has to be custom made and I would probably need to make quite a few.

Perhaps some flat cars as "no man's land" for the zombies to gain some ground?

maynard
06-16-2010, 02:59 AM
!

:wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg:

Rage
06-19-2010, 07:08 AM
Ya I mean you could add any kinds of cars, oil cars and what not. The tough part would keeping it even for both sides. Not allowing it to fall into a slaughter fest for the zombies because they can't get threw the door of the car.

Idk its just an idea

THE HOLY SH**T!
06-20-2010, 12:04 AM
28 days later, do a replica of the 28 days later escape.

Begin in the city, go to the country side, then end in a machine for a helicopter escape.

Then do 28 weeks later. Escape the city, go to a carnival, then go back into the city to a soccer arena, which holds a helicopter.

then wait for the third movie to be made, and make a map off it. :icon_mrgreen:

Christmas
06-20-2010, 12:19 AM
28 days later, do a replica of the 28 days later escape.

Begin in the city, go to the country side, then end in a machine for a helicopter escape.

Then do 28 weeks later. Escape the city, go to a carnival, then go back into the city to a soccer arena, which holds a helicopter.

then wait for the third movie to be made, and make a map off it. :icon_mrgreen:

Did I watch the wrong movie or was there no helicopters in 28 days later?

Why can't I just have it end at the camp that the three end up at after losing the girl's father?

THE HOLY SH**T!
06-20-2010, 12:29 AM
Did I watch the wrong movie or was there no helicopters in 28 days later?

Why can't I just have it end at the camp that the three end up at after losing the girl's father?

theres planes that fly overhead, i assume that they would leave by helicopter though... just because its easier to get a helicopter to a cabin then an airplaine.

But you could just leave it at the cabin, that would work to.

Rage
07-11-2010, 11:14 AM
So hows it coming?

Christmas
07-14-2010, 08:20 PM
So hows it coming?

I'm going to be completely honest with you. I haven't even gotten close to started on that train escape map.

I'm like 99% finished with a map that could be put on PUB (unlikely considering the ZOMG CAL MAPS MUST PLAY nature of the players that are there) or WCS.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-14-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm going to be completely honest with you. I haven't even gotten close to started on that train escape map.

I'm like 99% finished with a map that could be put on PUB (unlikely considering the ZOMG CAL MAPS MUST PLAY nature of the players that are there) or WCS.

multi-level high school map?

Christmas
07-14-2010, 08:48 PM
multi-level high school map?

nZ69up68uFo

Basically a remake of this.

I'll attach the overview of the finished (almost) map.

taz1stP
07-18-2010, 02:53 AM
remember you still have to get zero to add them even if you do get them done.

Rage
07-18-2010, 06:57 AM
Zero will. Taz you're an idiot

Rage
10-25-2010, 05:51 PM
bump motha fuckin bump!

christmas must be busy!