PDA

View Full Version : What i see that needs to be done to zm.

THE HOLY SH**T!
06-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Let's face it, the servers decent now, but NOT GOOD. It used to be the most addicting thing to play on, but that is now gone. The server has got to get a few changes in it. It's just out of control as of latley. There's alot of traffic in it now, the most ever due to it being 43 slots. There's downside and upsides to the server, but some key one's do have to be changed.

This is what i see that needs to be fixed to make the server better.

1. Player amount: Change to 31-34. This was perfect, i don't know why zero changed it in the first place.

Pro's:
- More space
- Less Traffic
- More people paying for reserve slots/admin
- Easier to maintain peace, and server happiness. ( less chaos )

Con's:
- Less people
- Bigger maps might be to open, like the 3 out of 100 or so...
- Rounds could be shorter, but that i still have something to talk about.

2. Time limit per cade map: Why is it 5 mins? It is to short to do anything on. By the time you built a cade, the round is coming to a close with just a min or so to shoot at zombies. Where's the fun in that? I say we change it back to 6 mins. Again, i do not know why zero changed it but it's his servers...

Pro's:
- Longer rounds = more play time on the map.
- Due to the map changing every 20 mins. If you had 4 rounds, 5 mins long = 20 min. But, with 6 mins it makes 24 mins. 4 min difference, but it makes a 10 min difference if u extend the map.
- A better chance for humans to get to a good cade spot in time, this correlates till my 3rd complaint.

Con's:
- Bigger maps may drag out the round if someone's hiding in a corner.
- People might get bored and leave the server.

3. The zombie respawn time is to fast. It needs to be drag an extra 10-15 seconds to give humans a chance. Currently with alot of maps being to crowded and zombies spawning as fast as hell, there is no fun in it. I took a study out of 3 maps that we played on. Snoopie, hospital, and redemption. 70% of the time the round ended just over 3 mins into the round. To many people, zombies spawning to fast, just ruins the fun. What i think needs to be done is this, have 1 spawning zombie per cade map. Have it spawn 20-30 seconds within the round to give humans a chance, with changing the time back to 6 mins, this will make the rounds more enjoyable. For escape maps however, if this is possible, have 2 zombies spawn. Have the "alpha" zombie spawn back in spawn, and just a regular zombie spawn were he stands. This will create a better situation for the server.

Pro's:
- Give's humans a better chance, and helps the rounds be played out more.
- Balance the server out so each side has a fair chance at winning
- The rounds would last longer and so would the game.
-

Con's:
- Zombie might go afk or be afk, and it could waste/ruin people's time.
- Bigger maps might make it harder for a single zombie to tag people.
- a single person may not want to be a zombie, and can just leave the server.

4. All talk is on...WHY? Why is all talk on? It's to dang anoying and ruins the game play. Humans cant talk with it on without zombies hearing were there at. It gives zombies an unfair advantage at were humans are at. If people want to talk to each always, use Teamspeak or ventrillo. I'll give out server info's to both if they need it. It needs to go off.

Pro's:
- Humans can talk and work as a team.
- Less spamming, and easier to hear someone talk.
- Keeps the server more peacefull.
- Makes it easier on the admins and players who dont wanna listen to people talk.

Con's:
- Cannot talk to your buddy on the other team...... :banghead:
- Mic spammers can hide on the other team to mic spam...EX: The admins a human, mic spammers a zombie...

5. Admins controlling the server, time to crack down. This is a setting, the enviroment in which we the community can control. They gotta start doing there job and stop being so easy. You pay for admin to make the server what is it.

Other suggestions are appreciated. if you want me to add something, use the folowing.

pro:
- <your suggestion here>
con:
- <your suggestion here>

I will probably add more, to each and also problems members of the community have with the server.

Cal45
06-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Another thing that I think should happen is that whoever is picked to be the first zombie should be teleported to spawn.

As far as the Alltalk thing. I think I have a good idea for that. Alltalk should be automatically on at the start of a round so all the humans can talk and then it is deactivated as soon as a zombie spawns.

DrTran
06-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Cal doing that would make some escape maps virtually impossible to win: Deathstar escape, Lostworld Redux, LOTR...
Alltalk may be a slight disadvantage for humans and will cause more noise, it makes the admin's job easier making sure no one mic spams or for players to communicate with admins (most players don't know about the @ command).

hallwagner
06-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Cal doing that would make some escape maps virtually impossible to win: Deathstar escape, Lostworld Redux, LOTR...
Alltalk may be a slight disadvantage for humans and will cause more noise, it makes the admin's job easier making sure no one mic spams or for players to communicate with admins (most players don't know about the @ command).
i agree with dr tran for once, alltalk isnt a problem, u can still use team chat. i usually never hear anything over the mic in zm that would benefit the other team if alltalk was on

THE HOLY SH**T!
06-15-2010, 08:52 PM
i just can't stand the all talk with no mute, it's just simply to much.

hallwagner
06-16-2010, 06:42 AM
i just can't stand the all talk with no mute, it's just simply to much.

you can player list mute you know?....

acolyte_to_jippity
06-16-2010, 09:17 AM
what we need is the old version of all talk, where dead zombies could talk to ct's, but live ones were restricted to their own team.

and it's hard enough to get in with 43 slots, reduceing it to 35 would mean you could never join., i think if zero reduces slots, he needs tp make a second zm server. god knows enough people would be there.

hallwagner
06-16-2010, 09:32 AM
what we need is the old version of all talk, where dead zombies could talk to ct's, but live ones were restricted to their own team.

and it's hard enough to get in with 43 slots, reduceing it to 35 would mean you could never join., i think if zero reduces slots, he needs tp make a second zm server. god knows enough people would be there.

that would still allow ghosting

Oasis
06-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Whoever started this alltalk shit is a dumbass, okay? We've played here for two years fine without alltalk. Everything you said I was for, holy, and especially the 31-34 slots. We use to have what was it... 31?

Also, change the zombie stats back to the way they were. It's almost impossible to strafe jump nowadays into tubes.

Again, fuck alltalk. Change it back to the way we use to have it.

Also, it wasn't posted.... but we need to talk about how admins choose their maps. I recently had a problem with Xen on this... what had happened was that a vote was cast (random) and the winning vote was texture escape. Well, Xen doesn't like texture escape... so she puts up a vote of a map she likes and she said NOBODY had an objection when I had a fucking objection. Texture escape has always been a balanced map, and we use to always play it. The problem now is that everybody votes for the escape maps where humans rarely ever win.

@hallwagner : player mute doesn't work.

Amon
06-16-2010, 10:23 AM
I think it was explained, but the reason for the alltalk is so admins can control mic spamming better.

Oasis
06-16-2010, 10:25 AM
I think it was explained, but the reason for the alltalk is so admins can control mic spamming better.

If there wasn't so many people, it wouldn't be as bad. We never needed it before, we don't need it now.

DrTran
06-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Zero stated in another post why the server won't be going back down to ~31 players on the zm server but I'm having a hard time finding the post.

Like I said alltalk makes the admin's job easier; if you the admin is human and someone is claiming a zombie is mic spamming we either take his word for it (and quite frankly half you guys don't know what mic spam is) or get ourselves killed to hear it. If anything we do need it more then ever, I've seen more idiots on the server in the last month than ever.

If Xen is the senior admin she has the right to change the map to whatever she wants; it doesn't matter if anyone likes it or not. It looks like the only change there will be to this is there will be different admin ranks later according to Zero.

Oasis
06-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Zero stated in another post why the server won't be going back down to ~31 players on the zm server but I'm having a hard time finding the post.

Like I said alltalk makes the admin's job easier; if you the admin is human and someone is claiming a zombie is mic spamming we either take his word for it (and quite frankly half you guys don't know what mic spam is) or get ourselves killed to hear it. If anything we do need it more then ever, I've seen more idiots on the server in the last month than ever.

If Xen is the senior admin she has the right to change the map to whatever she wants; it doesn't matter if anyone likes it or not. It looks like the only change there will be to this is there will be different admin ranks later according to Zero.

She does not have the right to change it to whatever she wants. You can't just change the map without considering all the other players' opinions. Yeah it makes the admin's job easier, but we have no problem before with voting one admin to babysit while everyone else played before. Oh that's right... not everyone was so worried about their ranks back then either.

DrTran
06-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Yes she does... one of the benefits of paying for admin and being senior admin. It can be considered a jerk move but its still her choice.
Personally I let the map go to whatever won unless its zm_grid, weapons factory or Helms Deep.
How can one admin sit out and watch for what's going on mic? Without all talk you would still have to constantly switch between teams to hear what's going on.

Oasis
06-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Yes she does... one of the benefits of paying for admin and being senior admin. It can be considered a jerk move but its still her choice.
Personally I let the map go to whatever won unless its zm_grid, weapons factory or Helms Deep.
How can one admin sit out and watch for what's going on mic? Without all talk you would still have to constantly switch between teams to hear what's going on.

No idea, but it has been done before.

And no, you can't just change the map to whatever you want and disregard the other players. Atleast back then you couldn't... it was frowned upon.

DrTran
06-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Admins behave differently. There's only 3 maps I will not do and all votes I do have at least 5 choices. Personally I hate it when an admin changes the map without warning or does a single map vote (1 spam ftl).

THE HOLY SH**T!
06-16-2010, 12:55 PM
you can change the map to whatever you want as an admin...but if you put a map vote up, and a map you dont like wins...Guess what? tough luck. If you change the map after that, thats just pathetic.

I'm not going to bust anyones chops, but if he would lower the server to 35 slots. It would mean 30-32 people could play at one time. I mean, 2 bucks a month for a reserve slot would come in handy in these siutuations... or have admin. :icon_mrgreen:

Oasis does make another good point, the zombie settings themselves such as the ability's of each should go back to what they used to be... i dont like the new settings on them. The classic have the same jump distance and height as speed, predator and predator xp.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-16-2010, 01:34 PM
No idea, but it has been done before.

And no, you can't just change the map to whatever you want and disregard the other players. Atleast back then you couldn't... it was frowned upon.

read the TOS before making asusmptions.

admins are free to change the map to whatever they want, if they're senior admin. they mustn't abuse this w/ frequent map changes however.

that's pretty much a quote from the tos. now, most admins will put up a vote. call it courtesy. HOWEVER, that's completely up to them if they want to do so. I know that personally, when i get admin, i will not play any of the LOTR maps when i'm sr. admin. but those are just about it.

simpson's escape too. that one will be changed instantly as well.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-16-2010, 02:11 PM
How the heck did I get brought up in all this? Senior admin can change the map whenever they want without a map change just as long as it's not frequent. If you are referring to the other day Oasis when I did a map vote for winter complex and everyone voted yes, and then you decided to yell at me the whole time we were on the map because I was camping in the tubes with everyone else thats not admin abuse either.

For one I did a map vote, for two everyone voted yes, and for three I didn't appreciate being yelled at for 25 minutes and called a horrible admin because I was camping in a tube. I know you were arguing with my husband but that doesn't mean I need to get dragged into it.

Not to mention when I joined the server this morning the map was on winter complex and you were sitting in the exact same tube I camped so doesn't that make you a hypocrite?

Anyways, the only thing we need to worrying at fixing in the ZMOD server right now is the horrible lag spikes.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-16-2010, 03:14 PM
unn oasis, tubes are valid holdout spots.

fyi

hallwagner
06-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Whoever started this alltalk shit is a dumbass, okay? We've played here for two years fine without alltalk. Everything you said I was for, holy, and especially the 31-34 slots. We use to have what was it... 31?

Also, change the zombie stats back to the way they were. It's almost impossible to strafe jump nowadays into tubes.

Again, fuck alltalk. Change it back to the way we use to have it.

Also, it wasn't posted.... but we need to talk about how admins choose their maps. I recently had a problem with Xen on this... what had happened was that a vote was cast (random) and the winning vote was texture escape. Well, Xen doesn't like texture escape... so she puts up a vote of a map she likes and she said NOBODY had an objection when I had a fucking objection. Texture escape has always been a balanced map, and we use to always play it. The problem now is that everybody votes for the escape maps where humans rarely ever win.

@hallwagner : player mute doesn't work.

the problem with the votes is almost everyone spams 1 and we end up playing on some shit map (like texture escape :P) but people need to pay attention to the maps theyre voting for

mastercheff
06-16-2010, 05:29 PM
the problem with the votes is almost everyone spams 1 and we end up playing on some shit map (like texture escape :P) but people need to pay attention to the maps theyre voting for

You don't diss texture escape......

acolyte_to_jippity
06-16-2010, 06:15 PM

i do.

escape maps really suck. cades ftw!

THE HOLY SH**T!
06-16-2010, 08:15 PM
escape maps don't suck lool. Just cause your bad and cant work as a team acolayte jippy =].

acolyte_to_jippity
06-16-2010, 08:29 PM
escape maps don't suck lool. Just cause your bad and cant work as a team acolayte jippy =].

yet i enjoy cade maps...

that makes perfect sense dude

Oasis
06-17-2010, 01:23 AM
Alright... Xen I only yelled at you because texture escape won the vote on a random map vote and you cancelled it just so you could go rank whore yourself in a tube on wintercomplex. You're half right by saying I was a hypocrite. I do camp in the tubes sometimes, but I wasn't saying that I would never camp in a tube.

And acolyte, shut the fuck up and stay in WCS. I know the tubes are a valid holdout spot, it's just mainly for rank whores. That's exactly what Xen wanted to do too.

Tl;dr : stop changing the map to whatever you fucking want and deal with a horrible map for a change. Over 50% of the maps we have on ZM don't get played. Also, texture escape isn't horrible acolyte, the humans actually win... MOST of the time.

hallwagner
06-17-2010, 06:48 AM

yes i do, its a horrible map like 99.9 % of escape maps. DISS

mastercheff
06-17-2010, 06:51 AM
yes i do, its a horrible map like 99.9 % of escape maps. DISS

If a zombie apocalypse ever happened I hope you're the first one to get nom'd on.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-17-2010, 07:09 AM
Alright... Xen I only yelled at you because texture escape won the vote on a random map vote and you cancelled it just so you could go rank whore yourself in a tube on wintercomplex. You're half right by saying I was a hypocrite. I do camp in the tubes sometimes, but I wasn't saying that I would never camp in a tube.

Ok well I don't know if alltalk wasn't on or what but when that vote came up and texture escape was there everyone starting spamming over there mics to cancel it, so thats what I did. Then I put a map vote up for the map I wanted lol.

I don't have any problems with you, I just don't want to get yelled at lol :rocklicker:

hallwagner
06-17-2010, 09:15 AM
If a zombie apocalypse ever happened I hope you're the first one to get nom'd on.

if a zombie apocalypse happens im not going to run, im going to hide and defend!

DrTran
06-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Tl;dr : stop changing the map to whatever you fucking want and deal with a horrible map for a change.

Wtf is TL;dr ?

acolyte_to_jippity
06-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Wtf is TL;dr ?

to long;didn't read.

essentially, "i'm a lazy fuck who can't be bothered to read what someone typed, so i'll just take this little excerpt"

THE HOLY SH**T!
06-17-2010, 11:06 PM
alright the flaming each other is not needed, so can we stop thanks.

I like what zer0 has done with the zombies on escape maps. Those settings for the zombies should be placed with the current settings for cade maps to.

Oh and when we were playing ocx_orly_v4 every cade i had, had about 7-8 people in it each time, each time some fuck up would fuck it up. I think its due to the player amount within the server... It ruin my time, and other players who were properly playing the game.

DrTran
06-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Flex your admin powers Holy Shit and make them learn.
I've shoved kick and bans commands in every orifice of some players until they know not to do that crap when I'm around.

KɅΞW
06-18-2010, 10:35 AM
1. Player amount: Change to 31-34. This was perfect, i don't know why zero changed it in the first place.
This is agree, makes the server less chaotic and easier for admins to regulate

2. Time limit per cade map: Why is it 5 mins? It is to short to do anything on. By the time you built a cade, the round is coming to a close with just a min or so to shoot at zombies. Where's the fun in that? I say we change it back to 6 mins. Again, i do not know why zero changed it but it's his servers...
To me this is not really a big issue, but its a pretty good idea though.

3. The zombie respawn time is to fast. It needs to be drag an extra 10-15 seconds to give humans a chance. Currently with alot of maps being to crowded and zombies spawning as fast as hell, there is no fun in it. I took a study out of 3 maps that we played on. Snoopie, hospital, and redemption. 70% of the time the round ended just over 3 mins into the round. To many people, zombies spawning to fast, just ruins the fun. What i think needs to be done is this, have 1 spawning zombie per cade map. Have it spawn 20-30 seconds within the round to give humans a chance, with changing the time back to 6 mins, this will make the rounds more enjoyable. For escape maps however, if this is possible, have 2 zombies spawn. Have the "alpha" zombie spawn back in spawn, and just a regular zombie spawn were he stands. This will create a better situation for the server.
This I definitely agree, zombie spawns too fast and makes it really hard for humans to have any chance of setting up a cade in small maps like tx_highschool and churchofmint.

4. All talk is on...WHY? Why is all talk on? It's to dang anoying and ruins the game play. Humans cant talk with it on without zombies hearing were there at. It gives zombies an unfair advantage at were humans are at. If people want to talk to each always, use Teamspeak or ventrillo. I'll give out server info's to both if they need it. It needs to go off.
I'm with Dr. Tran on this one, its easier for admins to regulate for any potential rule violation over mic like spamming and racism.
Zombies will eventually find your cade and others will soon follow, but if you are hiding, you can just use team chat to communicate with your teammates.
Teamspeak/Vent won't make a difference. If there are 15 people in there, some of them got tagged, they are still going to be in the same channel with the rest. The only people that would actually get on vent or teamspeak would only be a few of the regulars and admins.

5. Admins controlling the server, time to crack down. This is a setting, the enviroment in which we the community can control. They gotta start doing there job and stop being so easy. You pay for admin to make the server what is it.
I don't really get what you are trying to say on this one, but if you are talking about admins slacking off I would have to disagree because most of the admins always get on the issues immediately.

My other thoughts, even though these have already been said a few times but I still would like to put them on the table.
-Reduce the slow time on from the grenades, 15 seconds should be maxed.
-Want to see more distinctive abilities for each zombies.
-Custom admin skins, this is like cherry on top of ice cream but it would be so awesome to have. Also, it would actually alert some players than there are admins present in the server. (yes, some of them do not know that people with <ibis> tag are admins)
-New maps and removal of broken maps and ones that are not fitted for our ZM settings.

The list is kind of long, but I'm not suggesting that we should make these changes overnight.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-18-2010, 11:50 AM
we don't need custom skins

each class already has unique abilities (well, once zero tweaks their stats)
classics: average
fast: low ph, fast move
poison: low hp, high knockback, REALLY FUCKING HIGH JUMP
pred: invis, high speed, high jump, low hp
predXP: can't de-invis, same as pred, more knockback?
deformed: low profile (hard to hit), next to no knockback, high hp
infected: longjump

enough said.

if zero were to reduce server size, he'd need to make a completely new server, since it's almost impossible to get into the 42-slot one as it is. the thing's almost always filled to the brim

time limit's most definately a major change that must be made. as it stands now, it's way way too short. it used to be seven minutes i believe. that's perfect for cade maps. it's enough time to allow proper cadeing and give a nice stretch to hold out.

and grenades, quit bitching. they're fine. it's adds to the challenge. if anything, zero should only change how they interact w/ physics objects, make their blast more powerful against cades and the like. this would force humans to be more careful w/ them

KɅΞW
06-18-2010, 02:29 PM
I know all the strength and weakness for each type of zombies, but what I mean is that, there should be like some special ability for certain situation. The old ZM server that I used to play in had this slow zombie with stats familiar to deformed. But it could crawl through smaller crouch spot that no other zombies or humans can go through, and it had very low (and I mean very low) knock back to the point that the entire group would need to shift their fires to prevent it from getting in. That is the kind of distinctive ability I'm talking about, which I only see on Poison, Predator, and Fast zombies at the moment.

Reducing the server slot, in my opinion and a few others like James and Holy, will probably benefit the server more than it is now. As I've already said in earlier post, admins will have easier time to regulate the server. Biggest thing that this will fix is probably the lag issue. When the server starts to lag really bad, people were getting auto kicked for breaking ping limit, physics were getting messed up, and in some cases lead to server crash. If we reduce the server size to, maybe 33 slots, with 32 slots playable. The server might run smoothly and stable enough to play maps that we could never play before because it would crash the server due to too much graphic stress. We might even get to have full time noblock, but that's just my opinion.

Getting set on fire to be slowed and almost blind for 34 seconds is far from fine. The main focus should be on its purpose, which is doing too much of a good job, or some might call it, overpowered. In addition to my first suggestion, if the slow time get reduced, maybe the slow factor should be increased. So it would be like, slow for 15 seconds (max) and reduce speed by 60-70% along with that damn fire blinding you.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-18-2010, 03:31 PM
ah, thank you for mentioning noblock.

IT NEVER COMES ON!!!

EVER!!!!

in fact, if there's a way to disable the option for admins entirely, i'd love for zero to do so. noblock kills gameplay faster than anything else i;ve ever seen.

the only thing the humans have on their side (other than the fucking neutered zombies (serioiusly zero, it seems like with the update to zm the zombies had their dicks chopped off(nested parentheses ftw!!))) is the zombies not being able to go through each other.

noblock is supposed to be off, and stay off. period.

KɅΞW
06-18-2010, 03:45 PM
So being able to go through this one door or a crouch spot along with 15 other people without having some idiot blocking everyone kills the game? The only thing I'd see as a bad side to noblock is that zombies won't be able to train into crouch spots, but that's when !block command comes in handy.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-18-2010, 04:50 PM
So being able to go through this one door or a crouch spot along with 15 other people without having some idiot blocking everyone kills the game? The only thing I'd see as a bad side to noblock is that zombies won't be able to train into crouch spots, but that's when !block command comes in handy.

lol, admins need to do their jobs.

see, having noblock on lets too many people fit into certain spots.

KɅΞW
06-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Noblock has its good and bad side, which you just pointed out one. However in escape maps, having noblock off causes too much headache and most of the time ruin all the fun because of the idiots and assholes that love to exploit it. In cade maps, I do agree that block should be left on for now just to be fair on both sides.

And as I've stated before in earlier post, the regular ZM admins are always on top of their game. They get things done swiftly and enforce the rule fairly to everyone. So yes, they are doing their jobs.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-18-2010, 09:11 PM
always kick the bottom of the ladder as well as the top.

normally, it's the players below running up the ladder w/ knives out that make everyone stuck

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-19-2010, 05:40 AM
always kick the bottom of the ladder as well as the top.

normally, it's the players below running up the ladder w/ knives out that make everyone stuck

Not true, I usually just start screaming for everyone to get their heads out of each others asses so we can all move :icon_mrgreen:

Spasm
06-19-2010, 06:45 AM
She does not have the right to change it to whatever she wants. You can't just change the map without considering all the other players' opinions. Yeah it makes the admin's job easier, but we have no problem before with voting one admin to babysit while everyone else played before. Oh that's right... not everyone was so worried about their ranks back then either.

We can change the map anytime we want, without a vote. We do votes to be nice and fair to the people on the server, but if we wanted we could just change the map straight up to anything we want anytime. Only problem would be changing it back to back to back. Alltalk is normally off, an admin has to change it to on. I personally love all talk, I enjoy Z mod because I get to cut up with people on the mic, it's really boring being one of the last humans when you cannot talk to anyone, or you are trying to have a conversation. Oh and on a different note, if anyone is really rank whoring on ZM, LMAO.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Not true, I usually just start screaming for everyone to get their heads out of each others asses so we can all move :icon_mrgreen:

seriously though. the people at the bottom are the ones who are normally freezeing everyone. that's why you never ban for blocking a ladder. just kick. i've seen it where an admin has kicked almost every single person on the ladder, because the top guy wasn't the real culprit.

when people on a ladder are stuck, the bottom 2 should step down slightly. more often than not, this will fix everything

Rage
06-19-2010, 09:54 AM
Suggestion:

Burn the ZM server and start from scratch.

Another suggestion:

Group hugs

Moch
06-19-2010, 01:34 PM
i see alot of bullshit, noobs.

THE HOLY SH**T!
06-20-2010, 04:48 PM
l00l moch.

The zombie race settings are a tad bit anoying, but there not that bad.

why start from scratch rage?

Perry
06-20-2010, 06:57 PM
What needs to be fixed in all servers are the the certain admins and clan members who get a sandy vagina when joked at. fuckin get the dildo out of your asses

BorealHound
06-22-2010, 12:12 PM
What needs to be fixed in all servers are the the certain admins and clan members who get a sandy vagina when joked at. fuckin get the dildo out of your asses

This this this this this this this this this this.

THE HOLY SH**T!
06-22-2010, 02:46 PM

ugh looool. alrighty then.

-blink-
06-25-2010, 01:16 PM
I have a mic but rarely ever talk....cause there just too many people always talking ...admins cant even hear other admins......i just hate that alltalk thing...dump alltalk in my mind

Kavinsky
07-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Funny 6 pages and no word from Zero if he'll try anything you mentioned, like I said your better off adressing these issues one at a time in a separate thread for each of them instead of trying the all eggs in one basket aproach.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2158
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1932
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1933
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1931
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1257
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1310
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1198

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Funny 6 pages and no word from Zero if he'll try anything you mentioned, like I said your better off adressing these issues one at a time in a separate thread for each of them instead of trying the all eggs in one basket aproach.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2158
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1932
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1933
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1931
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1257
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1310
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1198

simply because I DONT WANT TO READ A FUCKING BOOK on changes =D

but in all seriousness. Complaining, at this moment in time isnt the greatest thing, seeing as how zero is the only one who is working on the servers, the last thing ID want to do his bog him down with a shit ton of problems when i could simply say here is A problem, once its fixed here is another.

i could see how this can be extremely over whelming.

as for the all talk issue holy, im sure that once and if we do, get a 31-34 player slot. it wouldn't be as bad, we would have more regulars on and less new noobs.

i miss the old ZM )=

acolyte_to_jippity
07-03-2010, 05:15 PM
i like zm as it is now actually. it's all balanced. and the big server's completely fine. just remove every single escape map and put them in a second (escape only) server and you're golden. noblock stays off, alltalk can stay off (a version of the old zombie talk would be great, you know, dead people can talk to humans but live zombies can only talk to live zombies)

Kavinsky
07-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Nah its too TF2 like, max you'll get one or two humans as a zombie and vice versa

back in the old days a single fast zombie could make a difference for his team and own like no other if he was good, where as in tf2 unless your part of a full frontal assault you'll get owned by some idiot with a medic behind him

Althought in old zm it actually balanced out. a good player could own the entire team as a fast zombie if the humans werent paying attention (which I frequently did) however if they WERE the human team could hold off against the whole zombie team even if it was only about a small group of 4 or 5 people, it balanced out like on no other server.

That's why I liked the zm server so much back in the day. most zm servers were and probably still are unlimited ammo servers where you pretty much become a paper target with little chance to strike back at the humans as a zombie or its a server like ours just with crappy classes

personally I'd like to see the old zm come back as a server with a capacity of 30 with no reserved slot bullshit

making it first come first servered server since it keeps the good players in circulation and makes the bad ones feel unwelcome and known amogst the good regulars forcing them out and making the server stronger

and to have no block off for all escape maps since it would slow the zombies down and force the human team to work together to even survive

its either that or a vip server like that for all of us old school zm players who actually like to kick ass rather than be cannon fodder for the team like in tf2.

I mean hell if you dont beleve what I said above tf2 just try and do a gungame server in it and own 4 people like I do in gg with a good gun. theres a reason why no ones ever done that and its NOT because of valves constant fiddling with it.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-03-2010, 07:06 PM
kav, stop bringing tf2 up. i understand that you think it blows. seems like you think everything blows. the only main problem w/ zm i see, is that people find too late that the team needs different zombie classes (deformed is the most often-needed one)

you and your constant bitching (always seems to come back to tf2) aren't going to amount to shit

THE HOLY SH**T!
07-03-2010, 07:18 PM
i dont think my opinion should speak for the entire server, thats why i made this thread to try and express my opinion on what i see wrong. I'm probably not the only 1 with idea's on trying to make the server better, but atleast i try. Zer0 could do what he wants with his servers and im not going to hold it against him if he doesn't wanna change anything. I may not like it, but ima deal with it. If i dont like it enough to play, ill play in a different zm server.

Don't start a flame war anyone, this thread is for idea's and how to make the server better.

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-03-2010, 09:01 PM
i dont think my opinion should speak for the entire server, thats why i made this thread to try and express my opinion on what i see wrong. I'm probably not the only 1 with idea's on trying to make the server better, but atleast i try. Zer0 could do what he wants with his servers and im not going to hold it against him if he doesn't wanna change anything. I may not like it, but ima deal with it. If i dont like it enough to play, ill play in a different zm server.

Don't start a flame war anyone, this thread is for idea's and how to make the server better.

im sure we could start making the server a better place by just perma banning hallwagner, giving kavinsky a pair of balls, and ducktaping acolytes mouth shut. (;

lolol

acolyte_to_jippity
07-03-2010, 09:55 PM
im sure we could start making the server a better place by just perma banning hallwagner, giving kavinsky a pair of balls, and ducktaping acolytes mouth shut. (;

lolol

hey!!

hall, no. let him have another chance once his ban is up.
kav, you just need to give him something to stop the menstruation

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-03-2010, 10:18 PM
hey!!

hall, no. let him have another chance once his ban is up.
kav, you just need to give him something to stop the menstruation

lolol

Kavinsky
07-04-2010, 12:54 AM
Mikey is that really the best insult you could come up with you drug addled wreck?

and acolyte for all your bitching at me for making a point about how not to make a game with tf2 YOU SUCK at gungame, so you probably play tf2 just to avoid playing a game that requires REAL skill like css.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/gg_stats/player.php?id=119906

http://www.ibisgaming.com/gg_stats/player.php?id=76575

and fyi I only bitch about stuff when some dumb fuck fucks it up like Valve has been doing to everything since this year started
and when zero screwed up something that was DAMN near perfect with zm save for the mute not working,

and ya know my bitching has probably amounted to far better things than you know of which have come of it, and if you dont actually complain about anything in life your probably going to become a fucking doormat for everyone to walk over in real life acco, so enjoy your indentured servitude you dog.

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-04-2010, 01:14 AM
Mikey is that really the best insult you could come up with you drug addled wreck?

and acolyte for all your bitching at me for making a point about how not to make a game with tf2 YOU SUCK at gungame, so you probably play tf2 just to avoid playing a game that requires REAL skill like css.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/gg_stats/player.php?id=119906

http://www.ibisgaming.com/gg_stats/player.php?id=76575

and fyi I only bitch about stuff when some dumb fuck fucks it up like Valve has been doing to everything since this year started
and when zero screwed up something that was DAMN near perfect with zm save for the mute not working,

and ya know my bitching has probably amounted to far better things than you know of which have come of it, and if you dont actually complain about anything in life your probably going to become a fucking doormat for everyone to walk over in real life acco, so enjoy your indentured servitude you dog.

drug addicted wreck?

drugs would gt me thrown in military prison DUR.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-04-2010, 09:20 AM
i've seen more bitching threads than i can count from you kav. and i can't think of one that actually changed anything. you're too hostile.

and the fact that i've gotten back into tf2 has nothing to do with me sucking at gg. no, it's actually because atm, i can't play gg due to the server being full at all ghours. all the other gg servers i find are either not reversed, or they have a screwed up weapon order, or are empty. thus, i turn to zm (which i think is excellent other than escape maps). however, when an escape map comes up, i leave and go play something else. if the jailBreak server i play is full of whiney 10 yr olds, then i exit and go play tf2, where i have fun normally w/ blade/panda/ren.

mastercheff
07-04-2010, 10:11 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qyhZ9_eXCHM/S4g6OtvZf7I/AAAAAAAAEsw/QC42BgaORk4/s400/count+the+count.jpg

Even he can't count all of them.

Oasis
07-04-2010, 04:01 PM
everything

hallwagner
07-04-2010, 05:50 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qyhZ9_eXCHM/S4g6OtvZf7I/AAAAAAAAEsw/QC42BgaORk4/s400/count+the+count.jpg

Even he can't count all of them.

Count Dracula is a sadist pedophile

mastercheff
07-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Count Dracula is a sadist pedophile

You missed the entire point of the picture.

hallwagner
07-04-2010, 09:43 PM
You missed the entire point of the picture.

no i didnt, im just making an extra remark

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-05-2010, 12:44 PM
no i didnt, im just making an extra remark

which again, no one cares about

hallwagner
07-05-2010, 02:37 PM
which again, no one cares about

and again i state that i care, and thats all that matters :D

Wojonatior
07-13-2010, 09:11 PM
These all look like good suggestions, that probably won't be implemented, sadly...

Anyways, on alltalk, there are generally plenty of admins on that there should be one on each team, and even then the admin could just spec at the end of the match and find out what is going on.

Kavinsky
07-14-2010, 07:50 AM
I dont know but something needs to be done considering the massive cade breaks, stupid behavoir and just the atmosphere of the entire zm. it needs to be brought back to where it should have stayed with the kick ass old fast zombies.

it feels like there not even a threat and theres no reason to even care about owning people, it used to be fun to do so because all it took was one person to win it for everyone, now its a more of why should I care if I break your cade atmosphere.

THE HOLY SH**T!
07-14-2010, 03:19 PM
I dont know but something needs to be done considering the massive cade breaks, stupid behavoir and just the atmosphere of the entire zm. it needs to be brought back to where it should have stayed with the kick ass old fast zombies.

it feels like there not even a threat and theres no reason to even care about owning people, it used to be fun to do so because all it took was one person to win it for everyone, now its a more of why should I care if I break your cade atmosphere.

yeh... old zm rock. everytime i think of ibis zm i think of the resident evil theme music....endless hours of playing.....predators heads popping off.... good times. now.... :headache:

theres no point now because the jump between the classic, predators, fast is all the same so it doesnt matter whcih one you use because the results are the same and the classes are not what they used to be.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-14-2010, 03:46 PM
yeh... old zm rock. everytime i think of ibis zm i think of the resident evil theme music....endless hours of playing.....predators heads popping off.... good times. now.... :headache:

theres no point now because the jump between the classic, predators, fast is all the same so it doesnt matter whcih one you use because the results are the same and the classes are not what they used to be.

lol, play poison.

noob. poison and deformed is all you need

Kavinsky
07-15-2010, 02:07 AM
the point is it aint the zm most of us fell in love with

and hell zero if you did just for a month put up a server exactly like the old zm server I'd buy admin.

THE HOLY SH**T!
07-15-2010, 06:04 AM
the point is it aint the zm most of us fell in love with.

Very true.

mastercheff
07-15-2010, 08:24 PM
I remembered times when potato had gotten 200 points on lila_panicv2

hallwagner
07-15-2010, 09:02 PM
lol, play poison.

noob. poison and deformed is all you need

poison and deformed are all slow as shit walking. on escape maps and some cade maps predator xp is useful as hell

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-15-2010, 09:19 PM
poison and deformed are all slow as shit walking. on escape maps and some cade maps predator xp is useful as hell

you would know because you play often right?

acolyte_to_jippity
07-15-2010, 10:07 PM

that only matters if you assume escapes don't blow ass.

hallwagner
07-16-2010, 07:57 AM
you would know because you play often right?

yes, yes i do

Alfa
08-12-2010, 12:35 PM
All ideas that should have been implemented a long time ago.

THE HOLY SH**T!
08-12-2010, 04:05 PM
All ideas that should have been implemented a long time ago.

they should of never have been changed.

:icon_razz: