PDA

View Full Version : No block?

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 11:43 AM
This morning on the map raccoon facility all of the admins were arguing about wether to turn no block on or not. Oasis (who is an old regular) was saying that there used to not be a no block option or parachutes so we should keep it off. Myself, Amon, Kaew, and Oneeye all said that no block should be on because it was an escape map and people were getting stuck on the ladders.

So basically what happened was for the duration of the map Oasis versus some other admin (not sure who) were constantly turning no block on and off and the players were complaining.

So can we get a ruling on this? I know there is no set rule about no block having to be enabled on escape maps but for as long as I have played on the server even before I was admin they always turned no block on.

I get that Oasis is "old school" as he said and is used to playing with block on and no parachutes but considering that we have both of those things as an option now shouldn't we use it?

acolyte_to_jippity
06-22-2010, 11:49 AM
personally, i prefer noblock to stay off at all times. even for escapes. admins just have to be good about kicking people who block (it's not always the guy on the top of the laddar)

it should always be off for zm_ maps however. never, ever turn it on for a zm_ map

Oasis
06-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Having noblock on makes escape maps just SO SO easy... with noblock off it's fair for BOTH sides.

I don't care whether or not you have the options, it ruins it.

XxMastagunzxX
06-22-2010, 11:54 AM
I don't like noblock being turned on but we should see what zero says about this.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Having noblock on makes escape maps just SO SO easy... with noblock off it's fair for BOTH sides.

I don't care whether or not you have the options, it ruins it.

It doesn't make it fair, people block ladders and doors and then it's just a mass murder from the back on.

How is it fair if I get blocked from going somewhere and then get killed?

Oasis
06-22-2010, 11:55 AM
I don't like noblock being turned on but we should see what zero says about this.

Yes at the end of the day it is up to zero... but he should ponder on this for awhile. Take into account the old regulars and new regulars opinions.

@Xen : You're an admin, if the person blocks on purpose then kick them. If they don't block on purpose, then stop bitching.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 11:58 AM
@Xen : You're an admin, if the person blocks on purpose then kick them. If they don't block on purpose, then stop bitching.

lawls you were the one who started the bitch fight this morning when you started yelling at me to leave no block off when I wasn't the one who turned it on to begin with.

I didn't post this to argue with you, I posted it to get a ruling from someone who actually fucking matters.

Oasis
06-22-2010, 11:59 AM
lawls you were the one who started the bitch fight this morning when you started yelling at me to leave no block off when I wasn't the one who turned it on to begin with.

I didn't post this to argue with you, I posted it to get a ruling from someone who actually fucking matters.

Then why quote me? And yes I bitched at you because you were against what I said as well. You were following behind every other dumb fuck who thought it was "protocol" or a rule to leave noblock on for escape maps.

BorealHound
06-22-2010, 12:01 PM
IMO it depends on the map. Certain maps, if you have parachutes, you can pretty much skip 50% of the level (i.e. rooftop runaway) and always win. Others, if no-block is on it gets wayyy to easy because humans can just stack one on top of the other in defensible spots (I'm looking at you, space station escape). However, some maps, like Jurassic Park, really benefit from no block because of all the jumps that certain people feel like they have to take 30 seconds to line up while blocking everyone else.

Basically, maps should be treated on an individual basis. I don't think a blanket policy will solve anything.

Then again, I'm just a nub, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Rob
06-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Should be off, and staying off. Back in the days it never or HARDLY ever got turned on, and we managed fine.
As for the ladders, its not always the top one. If you get your head up someone's ass, the guy above you CAN'T move. not that he/she doesn't want to. It sucks, ofcourse. If you get blocked by some lartass on the ladder. but its not any more fair to the person who gets a head up his ass, making him unable to move.

Cal45
06-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Hopefully Zero can just chime in on this and give us a definitive answer.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Then why quote me? And yes I bitched at you because you were against what I said as well. You were following behind every other dumb fuck who thought it was "protocol" or a rule to leave noblock on for escape maps.

Haha wow you must have memory loss or something, when we went to switch to that map I went afk and I hadn't even joined the map yet. Then when I came back and joined spectate you immediatly msged me yelling that I need to leave block off when I didn't do crap. Then I look at chat and your fighting with the other admins about so yes I took there side, you may be an old regular but you haven't played on this server in forever. I've been playing here for around nine months now and have never seen you until last week. The admins that I have known since before I was an admin (like Kaew) have always turn no block on during escape maps so when I got admin I followed suit. Which is exactly why i'm posting this thread to see what zero says because it's rediculous that you both had it binded or something and were turning it off and on the whole map, and then the players start arguing about it too.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 12:23 PM
Plus I know you were fighting with Cal and Amon about this yesterday too so we need an answer that way you stop getting your panties all bunched.

Oasis
06-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Plus I know you were fighting with Cal and Amon about this yesterday too so we need an answer that way you stop getting your panties all bunched.

Playing here for around nine months?

Last Seen 2010-06-22 13:18:36

First Seen 2010-03-14 18:44:43

That's a whole three months, but maybe you were under a different steam ID or something. By the way, that's taken from psychostats.

Last Seen 2010-06-22 12:45:10

First Seen 2008-06-27 13:02:04

That's me, so i'd like to see you, cal, and everyone else who challenged me on the noblock thing to fuck off. I'd love it.

X 1 Viper1
06-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Ok first of all i know i haven't been playing on this server alot lately, but people bitching about noblock is pathetic. I understand where Xen is saying it is not fair because people are blocking ladder, but she is a damn admin for god sake. If you don;t like it kick them ban them the server would be better off without those players anyway. I personally think all escape maps should have no block turned off, i mean if you aren't good enough to get around them, or be in the front (like me :icon_mrgreen:) then sucks for you. This is the internet it is full of idiot who don't know what they are doing, and will get in your way you just need to out smart them. So i basically say no block is bullshit, and not needed under any circumstances.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Playing here for around nine months?

Last Seen 2010-06-22 13:18:36

First Seen 2010-03-14 18:44:43

That's a whole three months, but maybe you were under a different steam ID or something. By the way, that's taken from psychostats.

Last Seen 2010-06-22 12:45:10

First Seen 2008-06-27 13:02:04

That's me, so i'd like to see you, cal, and everyone else who challenged me on the noblock thing to fuck off. I'd love it.

Try again and read my intro when I first joined the forums, I used to play on my husbands account before I joined so heres the stats for you

Last Seen
2010-06-20 19:27:57

First Seen
2009-10-25 17:47:43

Maybe if you were around more you would have known?

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Ok first of all i know i haven't been playing on this server alot lately, but people bitching about noblock is pathetic. I understand where Xen is saying it is not fair because people are blocking ladder, but she is a damn admin for god sake. If you don;t like it kick them ban them the server would be better off without those players anyway. I personally think all escape maps should have no block turned off, i mean if you aren't good enough to get around them, or be in the front (like me :icon_mrgreen:) then sucks for you. This is the internet it is full of idiot who don't know what they are doing, and will get in your way you just need to out smart them. So i basically say no block is bullshit, and not needed under any circumstances.

So when everyone piles onto a ladder and has their heads up each others butts I should kick everyone on the ladder? Good idea!

The only person who isn't causing the block is the one at the top unless they're afk.

Oasis
06-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Try again and read my intro when I first joined the forums, I used to play on my husbands account before I joined so heres the stats for you

Last Seen
2010-06-20 19:27:57

First Seen
2009-10-25 17:47:43

Maybe if you were around more you would have known?

Still joined here almost a year and a half after me, but you try to challenge me. And then you resort to making fun of me being 17 years old, and I guess that plays a role in how uneducated I am of the IBIS ZM server rules. Oh, and also because i've only had admin twice the whole time i've been at IBIS. You're a dumb bitch.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Basically it's regulars versus new players? The regulars never play anymore so the new players and admins play a certain way and it works great, then the regulars come back (most of the time not for that long) and want everything back their way and then everyone fights about it. Like I said before I was staying out of it until you decided to yell at me, your mistake.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Still joined here almost a year and a half after me, but you try to challenge me. And then you resort to making fun of me being 17 years old, and I guess that plays a role in how uneducated I am of the IBIS ZM server rules. Oh, and also because i've only had admin twice the whole time i've been at IBIS. You're a dumb bitch.

I'm not trying to challenge you fuck head, i'm asking zero what we should do about this because you have decided to rejoin the server and since you are so important we should accommodate you.

Oasis
06-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Basically it's regulars versus new players? The regulars never play anymore so the new players and admins play a certain way and it works great, then the regulars come back (most of the time not for that long) and want everything back their way and then everyone fights about it. Like I said before I was staying out of it until you decided to yell at me, your mistake.

Not my mistake, I love flame wars. And no, the newer players try to make up rules of their own... which doesn't fly. This isn't the chelsea/autumn era, you missed it by a few months.

BorealHound
06-22-2010, 12:39 PM
http://casualhardcore.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/dramallama.jpg

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Not my mistake, I love flame wars. And no, the newer players try to make up rules of their own... which doesn't fly. This isn't the chelsea/autumn era, you missed it by a few months.

Make up their own rules? No block is an option on the server for escape maps, and the admins use it so whos making up rules?

I assume Zero didn't just enable us to be able to turn on no block because he thought it would be fun. Just like the parachutes, the parachute aren't enabled on most maps that you can cheat to win with (like rooftop) so why don't you just leave it be.

X 1 Viper1
06-22-2010, 12:42 PM
So when everyone piles onto a ladder and has their heads up each others butts I should kick everyone on the ladder? Good idea!

The only person who isn't causing the block is the one at the top unless they're afk.

Uhm no i never said that. It is usually pretty obvious if someone is blocking on purpose. If it is an accident then it will settle itself out. Another thing is that this is an online game and problems are going to occur. I still stand saying no block is bullshit, and the only people saying we need it are the ones not good enough to get around the noobs *cough Xen *cough*:icon_mrgreen:.

Oasis
06-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Make up their own rules? No block is an option on the server for escape maps, and the admins use it so whos making up rules?

I assume Zero didn't just enable us to be able to turn on no block because he thought it would be fun. Just like the parachutes, the parachute aren't enabled on most maps that you can cheat to win with (like rooftop) so why don't you just leave it be.

I'll leave it be once you shut the fuck up and stop quoting me.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Look i'm quoting you again! Just another one of the random things that piss you off! Is this what Perry was referring to?

Oasis
06-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Look i'm quoting you again! Just another one of the random things that piss you off! Is this what Perry was referring to?

I have no idea who perry really is... yet he quoted saying i'm annoying. Maybe it's just because I don't do well with ignorant chelsea wannabes.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Uhm no i never said that. It is usually pretty obvious if someone is blocking on purpose. If it is an accident then it will settle itself out. Another thing is that this is an online game and problems are going to occur. I still stand saying no block is bullshit, and the only people saying we need it are the ones not good enough to get around the noobs *cough Xen *cough*:icon_mrgreen:.

Considering that i'm admin its basically being on bitch patrol, when someone starts complaing about something I have to move to spec and go fix it so when I toggle over and see an orgy on the ladder theres basically nothing I can do but yell at everyone to back down it (as theyre all getting slaughtered).

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 12:50 PM
I have no idea who perry really is... yet he quoted saying i'm annoying. Maybe it's just because I don't do well with ignorant chelsea wannabes.

All of these people you are reffering to I have no idea who they are because like I said i've only been here for nine months and i'm not a wise old regular like you. So sorry, I can't try to be someone if I don't know who they are.

Oasis
06-22-2010, 12:51 PM
All of these people you are reffering to I have no idea who they are because like I said i've only been here for nine months and i'm not a wise old regular like you. So sorry, I can't try to be someone if I don't know who they are.

Chelsea wasn't even that long ago... maybe five months back?

X 1 Viper1
06-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Considering that i'm admin its basically being on bitch patrol, when someone starts complaing about something I have to move to spec and go fix it so when I toggle over and see an orgy on the ladder theres basically nothing I can do but yell at everyone to back down it (as theyre all getting slaughtered).

Ok for one you should know what you are getting yourself into when you are buying admin, also a cluster fuck on the ladder is the same as a fail nade getting everyone killed. Basically i yell yes, but its not a big deal when one round everyone dies because of stupidity. This is the internet you are going to find idiots everywhere you go, and need to learn to deal with it, or do what i do and get them banned. your choice :icon_mrgreen:

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Ok for one you should know what you are getting yourself into when you are buying admin, also a cluster fuck on the ladder is the same as a fail nade getting everyone killed. Basically i yell yes, but its not a big deal when one round everyone dies because of stupidity. This is the internet you are going to find idiots everywhere you go, and need to learn to deal with it, or do what i do and get them banned. your choice :icon_mrgreen:

Yeah I did know what I was getting into when I bought admin, so when I can enable something like no block that helps everyone from getting killed by blockers stupidity on escape maps then I do so.

Theres no need for me to "learn to deal with it" when I can just prevent the problem from happening.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Chelsea wasn't even that long ago... maybe five months back?

Like I said, never heard of her.

X 1 Viper1
06-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Yeah I did know what I was getting into when I bought admin, so when I can enable something like no block that helps everyone from getting killed by blockers stupidity on escape maps then I do so.

Theres no need for me to "learn to deal with it" when I can just prevent the problem from happening.

Ok...Right now you are sounding like i did a year ago when i cared about this server, and its 2 words.Can u guess them?. No? well all i can say is you are acting like a RANK WHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-blink-
06-22-2010, 01:09 PM
I was watching all...i just thought maybe admins should of had a vote and been more professional about...there were like 5 admins on at the time...and the whole point was to try to agree..(remember we're suppose to be on the same page)

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Ok...Right now you are sounding like i did a year ago when i cared about this server, and its 2 words.Can u guess them?. No? well all i can say is you are acting like a RANK WHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is me wanting to turn no block on so people don't get stuck make me a rank whore? What makes me a rank whore is the fact that I normally don't play escape maps because they make your rank go down, this no block thing is purely for the players.

Plus f.y.i. your buddy here Oasis doesn't play escape maps for the same reason as far as he has told me, so I care about my rank... what does that have to do with you? I also care about making sure my nails are painted all the time because I think it's disgusting when girls don't, but thats not relevant either is it?

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 01:11 PM
I was watching all...i just thought maybe admins should of had a vote and been more professional about...there were like 5 admins on at the time...and the whole point was to try to agree..(remember we're suppose to be on the same page)

That thought actually crossed my mind, and I think it should be solution to this problem. Just put a vote up asking the players if we should turn no block on and make #1 voided so you can't spam it. That way instead of the admins arguing about wether or not to turn it on the players can actually decide what they want too.

X 1 Viper1
06-22-2010, 01:13 PM
How is me wanting to turn no block on so people don't get stuck make me a rank whore? What makes me a rank whore is the fact that I normally don't play escape maps because they make your rank go down, this no block thing is purely for the players.

Plus f.y.i. your buddy here Oasis doesn't play escape maps for the same reason as far as he has told me, so I care about my rank... what does that have to do with you? I also care about making sure my nails are painted all the time because I think it's disgusting when girls don't, but thats not relevant either is it?

rank has everything to do with this situtation. Thats the only reasopn you are turning no block on is because rank whores tell you too, and you don't want to hear them bitch. Who cares if they die once in a game? I sure as hell don't, and if you really cared about your rank tahas pathetic cause im still rank 9 even though i haven't used that account in 6 months....dont believe me? Look it up!!!!!!! AND NO BLOCK FTL!!!!!!

BorealHound
06-22-2010, 01:19 PM
rank has everything to do with this situtation. Thats the only reasopn you are turning no block on is because rank whores tell you too, and you don't want to hear them bitch. Who cares if they die once in a game? I sure as hell don't, and if you really cared about your rank tahas pathetic cause im still rank 9 even though i haven't used that account in 6 months....dont believe me? Look it up!!!!!!! AND NO BLOCK FTL!!!!!!

Rank-whore policies are a whole separate issue and probably need a completely different thread >_>

Oasis
06-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Rank-whore policies are a whole separate issue and probably need a completely different thread >_>

Nah, it goes with noblock a little.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 01:21 PM

You just said that you used to be a rank whore right? So thats how you got up there to begin with, you didn't play for six months so your rank dropped to the what? 20's? So i'm glad you got your rank but up care free, but i'm obviously not as good as a player as you. I only started caring about my rank recently when I heard about the beta update so I wanted to get into the top ten before the ranks reset. My personal goals once again have nothing to do with the point of this thread. Wether I care about ranks or fucking Darfur it's none of your business, it's not affecting your life right?

X 1 Viper1
06-22-2010, 01:21 PM

Rank whores have to do with no block. I mean people complain that they are dying...that is being a rank whore.

BorealHound
06-22-2010, 01:23 PM
The point I was trying to make is that there's way too many rank-whore issues that can derail this thread from the original issue, so we should probably just try and focus on the no-block rank-whore issues instead of all the other rank-whore issues...

Oasis
06-22-2010, 01:26 PM
The point I was trying to make is that there's way too many rank-whore issues that can derail this thread from the original issue, so we should probably just try and focus on the no-block rank-whore issues instead of all the other rank-whore issues...

True..

X 1 Viper1
06-22-2010, 01:29 PM
You just said that you used to be a rank whore right? So thats how you got up there to begin with, you didn't play for six months so your rank dropped to the what? 20's? So i'm glad you got your rank but up care free, but i'm obviously not as good as a player as you. I only started caring about my rank recently when I heard about the beta update so I wanted to get into the top ten before the ranks reset. My personal goals once again have nothing to do with the point of this thread. Wether I care about ranks or fucking Darfur it's none of your business, it's not affecting your life right?

For one my rank dropped from 4-9 which is STILL BETTER THAN YOURS!!!!...(just saying). But i thought about it and no block is needed on a very few maps. Like the only examples i can think of are the lord of the rings maps. Those need no block, but besides those its not needed, and people need to get skillz or die because of idiots.

Oasis
06-22-2010, 01:32 PM
For one my rank dropped from 4-9 which is STILL BETTER THAN YOURS!!!!...(just saying). But i thought about it and no block is needed on a very few maps. Like the only examples i can think of are the lord of the rings maps. Those need no block, but besides those its not needed, and people need to get skillz or die because of idiots.

Yes, there are some maps that need noblock, not ALL of them.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 01:32 PM

Like I said before, you're obviously a better player than me. I actually worked really hard to get to ten lol.

X 1 Viper1
06-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Like I said before, you're obviously a better player than me. I actually worked really hard to get to ten lol.

Ok not trying to be mean or anything, but you can't possibly say you worked hard. I've seen the people that play nowadays and most of them suck. When i got my rank up it was fucking impossible to kill people like koolayed, hobo, james, pooter, and eth. Another thing is you see every barricade that you, and the people nowadays use? Yah we had to figure those out on our own. When i first started no one knew any secrets like the ones on desert fortress, or four corners. All we did was throw a bunch of shit in front of a door and call it a cade. You have it easy, hell i bet some of the cades you use now are ones i discovered, so you honestly can't say that you have worked hard.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Ok not trying to be mean or anything, but you can't possibly say you worked hard. I've seen the people taht play nowadays and msot of them suck. When i got my rank up it was fucking impossible to kill people kill koolayed, hobo, james, pooter, and eth. Another thing is you see every barricade that you, and the people nowadays use? Yah we had to figure those out on our own. When i first started no one knew any secrets like the ones on desert fortress, or four corners. All we did was throw a bunch of shit in front of a door and call it a cade. You have it easy, hell i bet some of the cades you use now are ones i discovered, so you honestly can't say that you have worked hard.

This is basically the only video game i've ever played, besides when I was little on like playstation. Plus this is deffinitly the only online shooter whatever game that i've played so yes I did work really hard.

X 1 Viper1
06-22-2010, 01:43 PM
This is basically the only video game i've ever played, besides when I was little on like playstation. Plus this is deffinitly the only online shooter whatever game that i've played so yes I did work really hard.

Just cause this is the only game you play means that you worked hard? What kind of logic is that?

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Just cause this is the only game you play means that you worked hard? What kind of logic is that?

lawls are you stupid? Thats not the reason I worked hard, I worked hard learning how to play because when I started my accuracy and everything was crap. Plus I couldn't build a cade to save my life.

X 1 Viper1
06-22-2010, 01:57 PM
lawls are you stupid? Thats not the reason I worked hard, I worked hard learning how to play because when I started my accuracy and everything was crap. Plus I couldn't build a cade to save my life.

ya...but when you start you had people to mooch off of, and people to tell you how to build cades, when i stared the best thing anyone could do was throw a vender in front of a door, and call it a cade.

Oasis
06-22-2010, 01:58 PM
ya...but when you start you had people to mooch off of, and people to tell you how to build cades, when i stared the best thing anyone could do was throw a vender in front of a door, and call it a cade.

So true.

Hitman
06-22-2010, 02:06 PM
Xen you were wrong in this point. No block should stay the way the server has it and never changed. Thats the whole point. People who are bitching about it are rank whores who don't give a fuck about anyone else but themselves. Plus there are admins who are rank whores and just use their admin for their gameplay. Thats a poor reflection on IBIS.

Dont change it next time. We all know you want to be number 1 but next time think about others!

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 02:06 PM

EXACTLY, which is why for the third time I will say, you are a better player than me.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Xen you were wrong in this point. No block should stay the way the server has it and never changed. Thats the whole point. People who are bitching about it are rank whores who don't give a fuck about anyone else but themselves. Plus there are admins who are rank whores and just use their admin for their gameplay. Thats a poor reflection on IBIS.

Dont change it next time. We all know you want to be number 1 but next time think about others!

Haha maybe you should read the whole thread, yesterday and today when the admins were fighting about no block being on I didn't turn it on. So sorry but I didn't change anything.

X 1 Viper1
06-22-2010, 02:08 PM
No block ftl!!!!!!!!

Oasis
06-22-2010, 02:14 PM
-1 to noblock!

THE HOLY SH**T!
06-22-2010, 02:36 PM
This is how i see it. If no block ruins the map, then it should not be on. The map should dictate rather no block should be on or off.

You gotta look at the negative side and possitve side of no block...

Pro's:
- People can run through each other
- Admins have easier time controlling the server
- Some maps become easier on players.

Con's:
- Zombies can just run through each other, so there is no stopping them when there all running through each other.
- Gives fast/predators the ability to bhop/run through other zombies to get ahead of slower ones.
- Ruins maps.

There's alot more you can consider. But no block should remain off.

BTW.

New admins do gotta stop makeing up rules.

Since when did it become illegal to cade crouch spots? That's never been a rule. The only rule i know about cadeing crouch spots, are vents, and area's ruled out to be impossible for zombies to tag humans. Stop makeing up your own rules admins.

Senior admin do control the votes. Maps, and ingame. This is the reason why, there is a senior admin. To keep the admins from over-riding each other.

I don't have a problem with no block, because it's needed on some maps. Other then that, let the senior admin dictate rather no block should be on or off. Along with maps and all talk.

That's my 2 cents, so this pointless argument does not need to continue. Thanks for the laughs though.

17 year old pride.

Hitman
06-22-2010, 03:06 PM
This is fucking ridiculous on the server. Zero we need something implemented fast. I hope to god we can get that new admin system o come in. I mean seriously half these morons don't know what they are doing, and are just getting admin so they can use it on themselves.

Oasis
06-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself, holy got it all on that one. And yes hitman, we need some sort of admin system..

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-22-2010, 03:14 PM
screenings

alex_mamaroneck
06-22-2010, 03:39 PM
personally, i prefer noblock to stay off at all times. even for escapes. admins just have to be good about kicking people who block (it's not always the guy on the top of the laddar)

it should always be off for zm_ maps however. never, ever turn it on for a zm_ map

i'd rather have no block on only in escape because it will keep the flow going and less mess and agrevation. besides we dont' have a zombie spawn at the spawn area. we are having new players everyday and some can mess up other player's gameplay

@acolyte: about that we have to be good at kicking people who block, an admin can stress out trying to find people who block. especially if its one admin in a server. i too would stress out doing that

FAil Boat
06-22-2010, 05:51 PM
This is fucking ridiculous on the server. Zero we need something implemented fast. I hope to god we can get that new admin system o come in. I mean seriously half these morons don't know what they are doing, and are just getting admin so they can use it on themselves.

Or for their own personal gains........ *Cough*

I think no block is needed. But only on some escape maps. I agree it ruins the game on cading maps and should never be turned on on them. But maps like jurrassic park should have it on. I dont give a fuck if you have played since the game came out. Things change. Just because someone wants noblock on doesnt make them a rank whore. Maybe they'd actually like to enjoy the map instead of getting killed because of idiots every round.

So far today with noblock off on escape maps there've been more rounds of idiots making everyone die than people actually being able to handle it. Sure you say just grow up its the internet deal with it etc. Just fyi noblock is a way to deal with it. A very nice and easy convenient way.

Speaking of making up rules.. Since when was "aggrivating an admin" a rule? Because apparently thats what I did and was muted multiple times for it when I wasnt even talking to an admin...

You talk of using the powers for the good of the server and yet you hold double standards. Even though none of you will admit it you do have double standards. And imo thats totally not fair. Treat everyone the same, regular, admin, newbie. Doesnt matter. All rules apply to everyone. If not then whats the point of them? Just get everyone to like you and you can break rules all you want.

This is in no way taking a shot at zero or anyone else that helps with the servers. But the way I see it, selling admin leads to more work than its worth. It causes drama, admin wars, disrespect among the people who are supposed to be keeping the peace. And just plain bitching!

TL:DR
Hitman quit muting me for made up reasons. Noblock should be limited per escape maps. (zero could make it so admins dont have access and it goes on and off on certain maps, if you dont know how lemme know i can tell you) Quit disrespecting your fellow admins. You don't have to be friends or like eachother but you are the peace keepers of these servers. The more you bitch the worse it is on players.

Amon
06-22-2010, 06:56 PM
My problem with the whole situation is that all the other admins wanted noblock on, yet you wanted to just shove your ruling over everyone and kept it off. If it's such a problem then lets just play cade maps.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-22-2010, 06:58 PM
My problem with the whole situation is that all the other admins wanted noblock on, yet you wanted to just shove your ruling over everyone and kept it off. If it's such a problem then lets just play cade maps.

FUCKING +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that would fix everything. zero wouldn't have to balace stats for escape and cade, noblock would stay off completely, and itd be fucking incredible.

no escape maps!!!

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-22-2010, 07:06 PM

that would fix everything. zero wouldn't have to balace stats for escape and cade, noblock would stay off completely, and itd be fucking incredible.

no escape maps!!!

Haha best idea you've ever had!

FAil Boat
06-22-2010, 07:06 PM

no escape maps!!!

I'm going to have to +69 this idea as well. escape maps are for pussys.

XxMastagunzxX
06-22-2010, 07:17 PM
escape maps for life bitches

Christmas
06-22-2010, 08:09 PM
escape maps for life bitches

Fuck escape maps, brah.

FAil Boat
06-22-2010, 09:17 PM
Fuck escape maps, brah.

Also +69

THE HOLY SH**T!
06-22-2010, 09:34 PM
noob zombie players cant live on escape maps, just a common fact.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-22-2010, 10:05 PM
noob zombie players cant live on escape maps, just a common fact.

no no, see, the noob players prefer escapes, because when they die, it's more entertaining to watch a level w/ some goal/story than just a bunch of dudes crouching in a corner

however, cade maps are far more fun to play

KɅΞW
06-22-2010, 10:07 PM
I don't even know where to start...

Ok I'll start here,
Mrs. Xen is just trying to say that noblock should be turn on for escape maps to make the game play less irritating. Yes, it might make game play easier but this is, in my opinion, primary method to avoid griefing which in most case would cause the server wide rage.

"Oh hey, you are an admin, well then just kick or ban that asshole off the server" And we do, we do it everyday. But here is the thing, admins are still PLAYERS. I paid that $11 to help clean up the server and make it a fun place for everyone to play, including myself. What does that mean? It means that we admins want to play the fucking game too. So when there are options that could help reduce some of the problems and give us more play time, should we not take it?

Also, how is rank whore and "I've been playing on this server longer than you" relevant to this matter? A rank whore would only play on zm and cade the near unbreakable spots and they'd avoid ze maps because it would do more harm than benefit their rank. All the admins in this thread have been playing long enough to put their opinions on the table. So it doesn't matter if you've been playing since computer was just invented, we all have the right to share our opinions.

I understand about noblock was off most of the time back then and the old school people do not want to change it. But time changes, we have so many new players and majority of them do want noblock to be on. And as for us new admins, we see more benefits and logic to have noblock on escape maps than having it turned off, its simple as that. So stop shoving the stupid accusations on someone that's actually trying to make a valid opinion.

One last thing, I fucking hate you elitists.

THE HOLY SH**T!
06-23-2010, 12:23 AM
no no, see, the noob players prefer escapes, because when they die, it's more entertaining to watch a level w/ some goal/story than just a bunch of dudes crouching in a corner

however, cade maps are far more fun to play

that was the dumbest thing ive ever heard from you. Thats an opinion more then a fact.

How many times do humans live on boatescape then desert fortess? NOT OFTEN. If you look at the ct wins to t wins for boatscape v5 and desert fortress, desert fortress is easier to win on. A cade map is easier to win on then an escape because... anyone could just set up a cade thats unbreakable and shoot at zombies. But someone who is truely good at zm, can work as a team with others and complete an objectives most people know.

Spasm
06-23-2010, 06:33 AM
I'll tell you one thing, this senior admin shit is getting annoying... people now sit in spectate for hours just because they don't want to lose senior admin, thats just sad. Why can't we go back to the old days when all admins agreed... As for no block, meh, w/e I am happy either way, shoulda had a server vote for no block and been done with it. Some of you guys take Z mod way too seriously, its a game guys/

Hitman
06-23-2010, 11:25 AM
I'll tell you one thing, this senior admin shit is getting annoying... people now sit in spectate for hours just because they don't want to lose senior admin, thats just sad. Why can't we go back to the old days when all admins agreed... As for no block, meh, w/e I am happy either way, shoulda had a server vote for no block and been done with it. Some of you guys take Z mod way too seriously, its a game guys/

Well guess what Spasm if I see an admin in Spec and they haven't responded in 10 mins, guess what? I kick them, just because they have a reserve slot. Let people play instead of being an asshole.

alex_mamaroneck
06-23-2010, 12:06 PM

we know its a game Spasm your right. but we don't want players to give other players a hard time. For me next time when i'm senior admin i'll make the vote for the players to decide whether they want no block on or off as well as all talk. if it can't be dealt with in the admins in the server, a vote should never hurt.

i'm not admin because i want to help myself. i'm admin because i want to make sure all players have fun. i dont' care if they are old players. to me Old Player = New Player i don't treat them any different. i'm an old player too. started my name as Ron Paul 2012 on one of my accounts and then i got banned for ztele from zombies when i was stuck to a human. Since using this latest account I learned to adapt to new rules and options. I'm sure Zero did what was easy for admins and players on the server over time. i feel this noblock option is very useful. i'm sure Zero introduced it when people were complaining about players who purposely block and creating a mass slaughter house. If noblock stays off then i feel Parachutes should be disabled as well on escape maps.

speaking of all talk. i do want it on at all times so i can find out whose mics spamming or talk to players while i'm on spectate of their concern about other players.

BorealHound
06-23-2010, 12:17 PM
speaking of all talk. i do want it on at all times so i can find out whose mics spamming or talk to players while i'm on spectate of their concern about other players.

Also, I'd go as far as to say that 75% of the players on ZM are just there to chill out and have a good time, and having all talk on so everyone can talk to each other promotes that.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Also, I'd go as far as to say that 75% of the players on ZM are just there to chill out and have a good time, and having all talk on so everyone can talk to each other promotes that.

Boreal you don't even want to go there at this point, it's just a whole different long unneccesary fight.

-blink-
06-25-2010, 09:54 AM
ok guys .......u guys r starting to get off the subject.....see im a old schooler and a new schooler too.....i just think VOTE when playing will resolve everything......i still love u all though

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-25-2010, 11:07 AM
ok guys .......u guys r starting to get off the subject.....see im a old schooler and a new schooler too.....i just think VOTE when playing will resolve everything......i still love u all though

I think a vote would be good too, but I can think of a few admins who are so stubborn they are going to be opposed to that as well.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Okay so I asked Zero about it today and he said no block should be enabled on escape maps just sometimes it doesn't when the map first starts, he said that if you want it turned off on certain maps to make a thread about it. I asked him to comment on this but he said to just tell everyone, however i'm going to pm him right now the link to this thread and hopefully he can make a post before he goes on vacation. Nicktendo heard him say this as well.

Nicktendo13
06-25-2010, 01:41 PM
2:32 PM - Mrs. Xen Ibis.a: I asked zero when he was here an he said no block is suppose to be on on all escape maps just sometimes it doesnt enable it when it starts
2:33 PM - [voZ] Oasis ibis.a: did everyone hear him?
2:33 PM - Mrs. Xen Ibis.a: yeo
2:33 PM - [voZ] Oasis ibis.a: who else was there
2:33 PM - Mrs. Xen Ibis.a: nicktendo and trazen
2:34 PM - [voZ] Oasis ibis.a: i don't believe them
2:34 PM - [voZ] Oasis ibis.a: make zero post about it
2:34 PM - Mrs. Xen Ibis.a: he said he doesnt have time bc hes leaving for vacation

There it is. zero has made the final decision.... Mrs. Xen_Warrior is correct.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-25-2010, 01:45 PM
2:32 PM - Mrs. Xen Ibis.a: I asked zero when he was here an he said no block is suppose to be on on all escape maps just sometimes it doesnt enable it when it starts
2:33 PM - [voZ] Oasis ibis.a: did everyone hear him?
2:33 PM - Mrs. Xen Ibis.a: yeo
2:33 PM - [voZ] Oasis ibis.a: who else was there
2:33 PM - Mrs. Xen Ibis.a: nicktendo and trazen
2:34 PM - [voZ] Oasis ibis.a: i don't believe them
2:34 PM - [voZ] Oasis ibis.a: make zero post about it
2:34 PM - Mrs. Xen Ibis.a: he said he doesnt have time bc hes leaving for vacation

There it is. zero has made the final decision.... Mrs. Xen_Warrior is correct.

hahahaha you posted the wrong thing

ZERO
06-25-2010, 01:51 PM
It is set to enable on all escape maps but if there are some maps that become broken becuase of this you can suggest a change using the zombie map subforum. Admins can however turn it off if it is breaking a map or as a test to help determine what setting really is best for a given map.

Oasis
06-25-2010, 01:59 PM
It is set to enable on all escape maps but if there are some maps that become broken becuase of this you can suggest a change using the zombie map subforum. Admins can however turn it off if it is breaking a map or as a test to help determine what setting really is best for a given map.

damn... it suddenly just got real lame.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-25-2010, 02:02 PM
damn... it suddenly just got real lame.

Lol I still <3 you

Rob
06-25-2010, 02:04 PM
thats really fucking lame -.-

I still stand by the fact that back in the days we never needed it, and never complained about it, and yet we managed completely fine.

People just got too fucking lazy and dumb imo.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-25-2010, 02:04 PM

I still stand by the fact that back in the days we never needed it, and never complained about it, and yet we managed completely fine.

Lol it's okay Rob, when your on we don't play escape maps anyways :D

Oasis
06-25-2010, 02:05 PM

so true