PDA

View Full Version : WCS Down Time

ZERO
06-23-2010, 02:39 PM
The wcs server will remain active for users who have not gotten the update.

The update released today allows mac users to play CS:S in order to do this Valve has broken all mods for the game. As a result they all need to be reprogrammed to work. Some mods like WCS will NEVER work without a total recode for almost the entire mod. As a result while the gg and zm will be back online soon it will be a few weeks before wcs works. We will be working hard to monitor developments of this mod so that we can come back online as quickly as possible. Also note that after this some races may take more time than others to get working. But as I said we will bring WCS back as soon as possible :wtg:

I thank you all for your support of IBIS servers and for using IBIS WCS for all these months. Hopefully in time we will all be back in the server that you all helped make so great :smirk:

maynard
06-23-2010, 02:45 PM
But as I said we will bring WCS back as soon as possible :wtg:

good stuff, zero.

just wanted 2 say thx 2 every 1 that has been playing on the server over the past year, and helped shape it into what we've made it. we have an awesome WCS server... it's sad valve is kicking it in the nutts, but we will be back, and when we are, we will be better than ever. Thx again 2 all who have played and help support the server over the past year, and I hope 2 see you all again soon on WCS =):wtg:

Hitman
06-23-2010, 03:00 PM

The update released today allows mac users to play CS:S in order to do this Valve has broken all mods for the game. As a result they all need to be reprogrammed to work. Some mods like WCS will NEVER work without a total recode for almost the entire mod. As a result while the gg and zm will be back online soon it will be a few weeks before wcs works. We will be working hard to monitor developments of this mod so that we can come back online as quickly as possible. Also note that after this some races may take more time than others to get working. But as I said we will bring WCS back as soon as possible :wtg:

I thank you all for your support of IBIS servers and for using IBIS WCS for all these months. Hopefully in time we will all be back in the server that you all helped make so great :smirk:

I agree with Zero and Maynard. WCS made a lot of us come together as a family. Its a shame that it had to happen. Although some of you need a life, take this time to go outside for once in your life and enjoy nature. Till then see some of you on the other servers :)

XX0wnsXY
06-23-2010, 03:11 PM
I agree with Zero and Maynard. WCS made a lot of us come together as a family. Its a shame that it had to happen. Although some of you need a life, take this time to go outside for once in your life and enjoy nature. Till then see some of you on the other servers :)

GG will be where it's at.

maynard
06-23-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm thinking pub.

Carina
06-23-2010, 03:13 PM

:wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg:

I cant wait to play with all of your again.. :D :wtg:

maynard
06-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Although some of you need a life, take this time to go outside for once in your life and enjoy nature. Till then see some of you on the other servers :)

http://fitwithandrea.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/pic-reality-worst-game-ever1.jpg

Christmas
06-23-2010, 03:30 PM
GG will be where it's at.

No.

I'm thinking pub.

Yes.

XX0wnsXY
06-23-2010, 03:31 PM
No.

Yes.

only cool kids play gg.

I'll play pub too, because I need to get better.

mcilwain
06-23-2010, 03:33 PM
GG is not that hard to program anyways...

Zombiemod...
http://www.zombiemod.com/forums/showthread.php?p=38757#post38757

So will the servers have an update also?

I could help with sorting it out. if you need.

Christmas
06-23-2010, 03:40 PM
only cool kids play gg.

I'll play pub too, because I need to get better.

Understatement of the century.

OH!

XX0wnsXY
06-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Understatement of the century.

OH!

mr........

legion
06-23-2010, 04:08 PM
you two need to stop fighting. we are all family here

acolyte_to_jippity
06-23-2010, 04:34 PM
you two need to stop fighting. we are all family here

i'll personally buttfuck the first one to start singing.

owns, go right ahead.

Carina
06-23-2010, 04:42 PM
i'll personally buttfuck the first one to start singing.

owns, go right ahead.

" Don't try to explain your mind
I know what's happening here
One minute, it's love
And, suddenly, it's like a battlefield "

XX0wnsXY
06-23-2010, 06:01 PM
this is not fighting. I love christmas.

Christmas
06-23-2010, 06:34 PM
this is not fighting. I love christmas.

In your pants.

OH!

acolyte_to_jippity
06-23-2010, 06:48 PM
" Don't try to explain your mind
I know what's happening here
One minute, it's love
And, suddenly, it's like a battlefield "

ok, bend over!

Wolfenstinger
06-23-2010, 08:35 PM
i dont like their new achievement system... anyone who has seen me on knows why ...

damn shiny distractions that make funny noises when achieved :(

ppltlbom
06-23-2010, 10:07 PM
I agree with Zero and Maynard...I've only been playing on the WCS server for about 1 month and a half but it is the funnest thing on counterstrike other the zombie server ibis has. I've never tried the pub server. but anyways (HERE COMES THE POINT OF THIS TEXT ENTRY) WCS server rules.

maynard
06-24-2010, 02:44 AM
ughhh I'm already going into withdrawl....

ChronicVT
06-24-2010, 11:07 AM
I look forward to playing more on GG again... Got so used to WCS... maybe a change would do me good... I like PUB, but not many folks on it... and I can't stand ZOM due to the immaturity of talent on the server... lets clean up ZOM while we await my WCS coming back on line...

mag36
06-24-2010, 05:50 PM
I absolutely hated WCS when I first tried it but over time it became quite fun and learn to appreciate it. You learn new strategies and ways to play a classic shooter game. I met some of the most memorable people here as well. Everyone from Maynard, Ritta, Sin Catastrophe, Carina, Big Dumb Animal, and crap so many more that i cant think of off the top of my head...... (sorry if i dont mention you). Either way I hope I'll see all the WCS players in some of the other servers tilll we get this fixed. :wtg:

Valve may screw with us... They may fuck with u,..... and fuck everything up all to hell, but there's one thing about us gamers We are some determine mother fuckers and we will get our WCS back.... One way or another!!! :smirk:

acolyte_to_jippity
06-24-2010, 07:31 PM
I absolutely hated WCS when I first tried it but over time it became quite fun and learn to appreciate it. You learn new strategies and ways to play a classic shooter game. I met some of the most memorable people here as well. Everyone from Maynard, Ritta, Sin Catastrophe, Carina, Big Dumb Animal, and crap so many more that i cant think of off the top of my head...... (sorry if i dont mention you). Either way I hope I'll see all the WCS players in some of the other servers tilll we get this fixed. :wtg:

Valve may screw with us... They may fuck with u,..... and fuck everything up all to hell, but there's one thing about us gamers We are some determine mother fuckers and we will get our WCS back.... One way or another!!! :smirk:

it'll be ok. i'm sure once someone makes a special plugin/mod to if not reset everything, at least emulate the conditions and settings pre-update zero'll jump on it and throw it in the servers.

mcilwain
06-24-2010, 10:04 PM
WCS mod is a big ass mod.
Well im guessing downtime is a month.

But anyways

ZM > WCS Mod.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-24-2010, 10:07 PM
WCS mod is a big ass mod.
Well im guessing downtime is a month.

But anyways

ZM > WCS Mod.

yes and no. the wc3 team already is mostly done converting i believe. however, we'd need a custom version to support the full ammount of abilities.

if we can convince them to do that, it shouldn't be a whole month. if we were to do one from scratch, yeah that could take some time

Christmas
06-24-2010, 10:29 PM
yes and no. the wc3 team already is mostly done converting i believe. however, we'd need a custom version to support the full ammount of abilities.

if we can convince them to do that, it shouldn't be a whole month. if we were to do one from scratch, yeah that could take some time

I don't see the problem with changing WCS a bit if that means getting to play it sooner.

Adaptation isn't a problem.

ZERO
06-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Believe it or not the very FIRST mod server IBIS ever made was a WCS server.

This is from the days before there was even a website. When just me and some friends had admin and when the wcs server was literally hosted on some random ass web server that a friend had access too. If you though our wcs got laggy this was a fucking web server. It ran for a long time until the people who actually controlled the web server said it was using too much resources. Later it would fade away but we always missed it. The pub took off (it was hosted by an actual game server provider) and then we went to GG then ZM and back to WCS. While we got the pub back, the gg server back and soon the ZM server it was our latest server that was actually one of our first that we will end with. The wcs server will rise again just as it did before and just like every time it will be another smash hit that is so big that not even a year will go by before valve updates the game just to stop the domination!

maynard
06-25-2010, 12:08 AM
The wcs server will rise again just as it did before and just like every time it will be another smash hit that is so big that not even a year will go by before valve updates the game just to stop the domination!

http://kempton.files.wordpress.com/2006/11/borat_happy_time.jpg

Wolfenstinger
06-25-2010, 12:26 PM
ughhh I'm already going into withdrawl....

oh? imagine...curled up in a ball...rocking back and forth...with a knife in hand....
i cant aim the guns since update, :depress:. i feel like gun game doesn't like me. it kicked me 17 times as of this post today for a reserved slot (18-19/21 people). i miss the vagalion sound! i admit it now! I MISS IT YOU HEAR ME PEOPLE!? kay going back to withdrawal.

Carina
06-25-2010, 01:18 PM
oh? imagine...curled up in a ball...rocking back and forth...with a knife in hand....
i cant aim the guns since update, :depress:. i feel like gun game doesn't like me. it kicked me 17 times as of this post today for a reserved slot (18-19/21 people). i miss the vagalion sound! i admit it now! I MISS IT YOU HEAR ME PEOPLE!? kay going back to withdrawal.

Its okay Wolf.. I miss my lion too.. :depress:
And i miss having knife fightes with you well knowing that im gonna lose.. :banghead:
Its just not the same in GG :reddot:

acolyte_to_jippity
06-25-2010, 03:27 PM
I don't see the problem with changing WCS a bit if that means getting to play it sooner.

Adaptation isn't a problem.

uhhh, you do realize wcs is run almost entirwely w/ es_tools right? and said es_tools is now and forever more broken beyond repair. in order for wcs to work now, it has to be completely redone to not use es_tools, so yes it is a big deal.

Believe it or not the very FIRST mod server IBIS ever made was a WCS server.

This is from the days before there was even a website. When just me and some friends had admin and when the wcs server was literally hosted on some random ass web server that a friend had access too. If you though our wcs got laggy this was a fucking web server. It ran for a long time until the people who actually controlled the web server said it was using too much resources. Later it would fade away but we always missed it. The pub took off (it was hosted by an actual game server provider) and then we went to GG then ZM and back to WCS. While we got the pub back, the gg server back and soon the ZM server it was our latest server that was actually one of our first that we will end with. The wcs server will rise again just as it did before and just like every time it will be another smash hit that is so big that not even a year will go by before valve updates the game just to stop the domination!

amen dude. lead on. as they say, "right behind you red leader"

you do know the vaga knife sound is the sound of a man-hack hitting you...from hl2

just go beat your crowbar against some stuff there for a tick

maynard
06-25-2010, 04:21 PM
you do know the vaga knife sound is the sound of a man-hack hitting you...from hl2

if I want 2 pretend I'm playing eye ra/WCS I go play portals and just ride the elevator constantly... tee hee

Wolfenstinger
06-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Its okay Wolf.. I miss my lion too.. :depress:
And i miss having knife fightes with you well knowing that im gonna lose.. :banghead:
Its just not the same in GG :reddot:

:D

...well...umm...that doesn't quench thirsts of this vagalion. :smirk:
brb gonna go find soundclip and put it on loop beacause this is somethin i'd do...

Christmas
06-26-2010, 11:52 AM
uhhh, you do realize wcs is run almost entirwely w/ es_tools right? and said es_tools is now and forever more broken beyond repair. in order for wcs to work now, it has to be completely redone to not use es_tools, so yes it is a big deal

Like I said. Adaptation should not be a big deal for the players.

Ergo, not a big deal.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Like I said. Adaptation should not be a big deal for the players.

Ergo, not a big deal.

ahhhh, you're talking of the players' standpoint. my bad. i thought you were talking about converting the mod won't be too bad.

sorry

ZERO
06-27-2010, 05:01 PM
These threads are the development for an es_tools replacement:
http://forums.eventscripts.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38721
http://freddukes.pastebin.com/Pfk87KDb

echo501st
06-27-2010, 06:48 PM
could we just code the original 4 races and start the server back up?

maynard
06-27-2010, 10:12 PM
could we just code the original 4 races and start the server back up?

if we can do that without delaying bringing the server back 100% full force then I'm down. would atleast give us something to do in the mean time.

but if it will delay bringing the server back 2 what it was in any shape or form I'm not down.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-27-2010, 10:20 PM
if we can do that without delaying bringing the server back 100% full force then I'm down. would atleast give us something to do in the mean time.

but if it will delay bringing the server back 2 what it was in any shape or form I'm not down.

actually, since the current version of w3s only supports 3 abilities + 1 ult, while we're waiting, if zero threw w3s on just to hold us over, the 4 starters could be put in. hell, zero might even be able to associate our levels between them, and allow us to use the starters and keep leveling them while waiting for the full fix to come in.

maynard
06-27-2010, 10:42 PM
actually, since the current version of w3s only supports 3 abilities + 1 ult, while we're waiting, if zero threw w3s on just to hold us over, the 4 starters could be put in. hell, zero might even be able to associate our levels between them, and allow us to use the starters and keep leveling them while waiting for the full fix to come in.

I stick with my original statement. I don't give a shit if we have 2 wait a month or more (which will more then likely happen) I just want zero's full attention going into rebuilding what was lost.

ZERO
06-28-2010, 06:13 PM
http://warcraft-source.com/board/index.php/topic,10211.0.html

acolyte_to_jippity
06-28-2010, 06:56 PM
http://warcraft-source.com/board/index.php/topic,10211.0.html

sooo...most races will or will not break?

it seemed to say both at different parts

ZERO
06-30-2010, 04:11 PM
http://forums.eventscripts.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=38880

First est replacement. Still lacks a lot of functions but it is coming along :wtg:

lychee
07-01-2010, 12:08 AM
hi, I was wondering if I will still have my levels because I cant log in and I think it is almost a month or going to be a month since I logged into wcs server. I would hate it if I had to level all those races again. Please save my levels. Thanks

Fireye
07-01-2010, 12:27 AM
hi, I was wondering if I will still have my levels because I cant log in and I think it is almost a month or going to be a month since I logged into wcs server. I would hate it if I had to level all those races again. Please save my levels. Thanks

I think Zero has said that levels will be kept. I'd imagine this covers the duration that the server is down and people are unable to log in.

maynard
07-01-2010, 01:24 AM

I was told by zero that we will be able to keep our current classes and our lvl's. so unless he declares otherwise, that should still be the plan.

don't worry lychee, we'll all be back home in due time :icon_mrgreen:

ZERO
07-01-2010, 04:26 PM
yea the levels clear after 30 days but I changed the setting to 300. Also I have a few backups of the database.

mastercheff
07-06-2010, 08:35 AM
Apparently wcsazeroth is up and running, I think you should take a look zero.

ZERO
07-06-2010, 01:32 PM
I have been contacted back by the war3 team and they can make us a private version with what we need. Logically this would require us to program all of our races over but that may be faster than waiting.

Here are the current options:

Wait for es_tools replacement

Free
No reprogramming
no time line
some races may be permanently broken
effects may take a long time to work if ever
increased lag over previous version
increased instability

Get a private war3 version

$$$
requires all races to be reprogrammed
time line is directly correlated to my programing skills and efforts and possibly the efforts of contractors
most abilities and races should be able to be recreated
effects will work
greatly decreased lag
greatly improved stability.
will be a bit different than the current one but overall mostly the same.

So I think the right way to go will be do 2 and if that does not work we can still do 1.

maynard
07-06-2010, 02:01 PM
I fully agree on our own private version. and like you said, there's always the first option 2 fall back on if needed. sounds like idea 2 might take more time and money, but is worth it in the long run. it would also make our server superior 2 all the others, which in turn would increase traffic and bring more money into ibis. also the increased lag in the first idea is a major turn off.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-06-2010, 02:19 PM
I fully agree on our own private version. and like you said, there's always the first option 2 fall back on if needed. sounds like idea 2 might take more time and money, but is worth it in the long run. it would also make our server superior 2 all the others, which in turn would increase traffic and bring more money into ibis. also the increased lag in the first idea is a major turn off.

which means we'd need a second server

maybe make one any level, and the other one lv. 500+ (stats / levels and races carry over between the two)

yes. option 2 is the way to go. every thing in there is a positive other tyhan time and money. but in the long run, it'll pay off big time. with ontrol over our own version, we could make our own, unique raqces that other servers don't have.

edit: as long as the levels carry over to the reprogrammed races that is

maynard
07-06-2010, 02:24 PM
we wouldn't need 2 servers? what you talking about.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-06-2010, 02:31 PM
we wouldn't need 2 servers? what you talking about.

w/ the increased traffic you're talking about.

maynard
07-06-2010, 02:34 PM
w/ the increased traffic you're talking about.

lol... you serious?

the increased traffic means the server would be more full up then it is now, not that we need 2 servers lol... + we could always look at putting more spots onto the server... which I don't think is the best idea. but we don't need 2 servers Lol. the server isn't even close 2 being always full up, increased traffic would not be a bad thing.

having a server always full doesn't mean you need another server, it means that it's successful

acolyte_to_jippity
07-06-2010, 02:37 PM
lol... you serious?

the increased traffic means the server would be more full up then it is now, not that we need 2 servers lol... + we could always look at putting more spots onto the server... which I don't think is the best idea. but we don't need 2 servers Lol. the server isn't even close 2 being always full up, increased traffic would not be a bad thing.

having a server always full doesn't mean you need another server, it means that it's successful

for the most part, the thing was always stuffed in the last weeks before the update. it just seemed to me that there was a greator demand than there were spots. although increasing slots isn't a bad idea...maybe 4 extra would work. no, just 2. 1 more per team.

maynard
07-06-2010, 02:39 PM
for the most part, the thing was always stuffed in the last weeks before the update. it just seemed to me that there was a greator demand than there were spots. although increasing slots isn't a bad idea...maybe 4 extra would work. no, just 2. 1 more per team.

dude, go look at the server stats. the only time it's stuffed is for about 4 hours a day during peak hours.... rest of the time it averages at like 10 ppl on and spikes up and down from there.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-06-2010, 02:46 PM
dude, go look at the server stats. the only time it's stuffed is for about 4 hours a day during peak hours.... rest of the time it averages at like 10 ppl on and spikes up and down from there.

:shrug:

like i said, it just seemed to me.

so yeah, i'm so bored at work and it's so fucking unbelievably hot here, that i actually just thought up a wcs race while i was waiting for trucks to come in. i'll post it in new topic

maynard
07-06-2010, 02:50 PM
:shrug:

like i said, it just seemed to me.

ya, but you don't play WCS that much, and when you do I generally tend 2 see you during the peak hours, so it makes sense. but the server could deff do with more trafic 2 keep it in a constant state. in the prior weaks before the update, I was joining during non peak hours and lots of times there was only like 5 ppl on which is kinda sad.

also, we have a race idea thread, don't start a new 1:wtg:

acolyte_to_jippity
07-06-2010, 02:52 PM
ya, but you don't play WCS that much, and when you do I generally tend 2 see you during the peak hours, so it makes sense. but the server could deff do with more trafic 2 keep it in a constant state. in the prior weaks before the update, I was joining during non peak hours and lots of times there was only like 5 ppl on which is kinda sad.

also, we have a race idea thread, don't start a new 1:wtg:

alright, i'll give you that much.
but where is the race idea thread? i looked through all 3 pages of the wcs section

maynard
07-06-2010, 02:57 PM
alright, i'll give you that much.
but where is the race idea thread? i looked through all 3 pages of the wcs section

Hmmm... I know we had 1... not sure where the hell it is now.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Hmmm... I know we had 1... not sure where the hell it is now.

best i could find.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3102&page=4

i might make a new topic and copy oer each of the race ideas in that thread, and we can just let that new topic be the official-ish one.

seems easier than looking for a buried (existing?) thread

edit: neer mind!! found it

could a mod please move the following thread to this section and sticky it?

thx!
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1970

maynard
07-06-2010, 03:03 PM
meh if you want. there's really no point in suggesting races right now though. we don't even have a server, or it even being worked on yet lol.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-06-2010, 03:16 PM
meh if you want. there's really no point in suggesting races right now though. we don't even have a server, or it even being worked on yet lol.

i know. i just knew it would fly out of my head in about 15 min though, and so i decided to post it for when it is needed

Wojonatior
07-12-2010, 10:35 PM
I glanced at the WCS site to see if there were any updates, and it seems like they might have a fix working. :D

Zero might want to check that out.

ZERO
07-13-2010, 03:35 AM
Confirmed, test server work will start tomorrow. We may be back up by the end of the week!

acolyte_to_jippity
07-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Confirmed, test server work will start tomorrow. We may be back up by the end of the week!

o.O

yay!

and what about the custom IbisWcs? how's that moving? and what races will we have for this temp (hopefully) fix?

ZERO
07-13-2010, 12:16 PM
I have not even heard back from the guy yet. If these wcs people keep ticking along like this they might finish before he starts lol. I am surprised how quickly they have come together.

ZERO
07-13-2010, 12:48 PM
This thread will now track progress on the beta server.

Local test bead is read, preparing base transfer of everything that is already known and proven to work.

ZERO
07-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Getting all the maps and models ect transferred for the test server.

maynard
07-13-2010, 02:18 PM
Fuckin eh, zero!

acolyte_to_jippity
07-13-2010, 02:37 PM
I have not even heard back from the guy yet. If these wcs people keep ticking along like this they might finish before he starts lol. I am surprised how quickly they have come together.

and our races and levels, they'll be transferred?
that means estools workaround was found?

ZERO
07-13-2010, 03:45 PM
I got srcds to load. Now I got to get eventscripts and the other stuff working.

ZERO
07-13-2010, 04:21 PM
Yea... none of the races work. Even the old base races. Except for Night Elf that works. Note that there are no effects and so it is hard to even tell if anything is going on. This release is more of a proof of concept than anything else...

acolyte_to_jippity
07-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Yea... none of the races work. Even the old base races. Except for Night Elf that works. Note that there are no effects and so it is hard to even tell if anything is going on. This release is more of a proof of concept than anything else...

:sigh:

damn

Wojonatior
07-13-2010, 04:35 PM
So essentially all of the races and coding still has be be redone?

But they have the base to start working on it?

ZERO
07-13-2010, 04:39 PM
From what I see on the war3 forums they seem very focused on not allowing any sort of wcs features on war3. Remember that these are two different mods like gg and ggdm. I have contacted the developer again on the war3 forums this time about the private version. I know that they are only interested in a war3 mod and not a wcs mod but hopefully for a price we can get a modified version of war3 that is wcs.

You can read here about what war3 vs wcs is and understand why I would need to buy a private version: http://war3source.com/index.php?topic=200.msg1295#new

ZERO
07-13-2010, 04:42 PM
So essentially all of the races and coding still has be be redone?

But they have the base to start working on it?

Yes and no. They do need to be completely recoded however the features to program do not even exist yet. For example none of the effects work so even if you could create the powers there would be no indication that they are even working. In addition some as in many abilities currently just crash if executed. Lastly the only thing they have really done is show that they are working on getting it working again and what they have accomplished. They actually have done a lot but unfortunately there is still a shit ton of work ahead.

Wojonatior
07-13-2010, 04:54 PM
This does not bode well for any WCS related happy funtime...

ZERO
07-13-2010, 05:05 PM
I have now created a thread on the wcs forums to try to get server owners to join together to develop a public SM version from scratch. If we can get a few servers on board it will be easier to attract SM programmers as if money was not enough.

http://warcraft-source.com/board/index.php/topic,10275.0.html

Christmas
07-13-2010, 06:43 PM
What's wrong with wc3?

acolyte_to_jippity
07-13-2010, 07:00 PM
I have now created a thread on the wcs forums to try to get server owners to join together to develop a public SM version from scratch. If we can get a few servers on board it will be easier to attract SM programmers as if money was not enough.

http://warcraft-source.com/board/index.php/topic,10275.0.html

i'll ask around sg's place. i think they might have a wcs server.

ZERO
08-01-2010, 11:29 PM
The most recent release of war3 allows up to 7 abilities per race. As soon as possible I will start doing work to get war3 up and running. Expect WCS to return late September. Once again I am looking at a late September release, unless I am able to get work done faster than expected.

I will be fully dedicated to working on wcs after the forums and admin switch. For now that is priority as this war3 version is still beta anyways and not final. Thus by the time that I start working on even getting a test server up a stable build should be done. One thing to look forward to is that the new version of war3 also focuses on lag reduction and even restructured its database so that lag would be decreased even with all the new features.

ZERO
08-02-2010, 12:12 AM
Great news an option to make shop menu use money instead of credits is also in the works! Looks like with a bit of tweaking and a lot of coding I will be able to get wcs back almost just like it was!

ZERO
08-02-2010, 01:00 AM
Just read over the full API and in the long run there are so many new options for exciting new races and balancing!

Carina
08-02-2010, 03:39 AM
Great news an option to make shop menu use money instead of credits is also in the works! Looks like with a bit of tweaking and a lot of coding I will be able to get wcs back almost just like it was!

yay :D :wtg:

maynard
08-02-2010, 04:56 AM
yyyaayyy!!!

acolyte_to_jippity
08-02-2010, 09:00 AM
i'm assumeing the visuals will get a lift as well (yet still be "the same"...you know?)

ZERO
08-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Well we will see, as SM does have fully working effects I am not sure if it has all of the ones es used to. However it is better than the none that es will continue to offer for the next year.

CYBER
08-03-2010, 12:33 PM
yay :D :wtg:
:ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto:: ditto:
can wait to have the wcs server running so that i can TRY, oh dear lord, TRY to understand what to do:banghead:...and MAYbe...just MAYBE get a whack at you carina :P
ps: thx for the wcs advices yesterday:icon_mrgreen:

Carina
08-03-2010, 02:06 PM
:ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto:: ditto:
can wait to have the wcs server running so that i can TRY, oh dear lord, TRY to understand what to do:banghead:...and MAYbe...just MAYBE get a whack at you carina :P
ps: thx for the wcs advices yesterday:icon_mrgreen:

lol.. i think maybe is the right word to use there Cyber.. haha
and dont say im stupid.. :stupid:

and.. haha anytime.. ill still kick your ass though.. just know that :smirk: :wtg:

Wolfenstinger
08-03-2010, 07:33 PM
So i found my Vagalion guide, might type it up before WCS comes back up, anyone wanna tell me not to before i do it anyways?

(FYI not typed yet!) :smirk:

acolyte_to_jippity
08-03-2010, 07:49 PM
So i found my Vagalion guide, might type it up before WCS comes back up, anyone wanna tell me not to before i do it anyways?

don't do it

maynard
08-03-2010, 08:08 PM
don't do it

+1:wtg:

Carina
08-03-2010, 09:12 PM

yeah.. DONT DO IT!!!
its our secret!!! :muffy:

THE HOLY SH**T!
08-04-2010, 01:43 AM
yeah.. DONT DO IT!!!
its our secret!!! :muffy:

nope. i know it. so its not a secret ill spill the beans.

send me 25 dollars pay pal or ill tell everyone.

Wolfenstinger
08-04-2010, 05:29 PM
nope. i know it. so its not a secret ill spill the beans.

send me 25 dollars pay pal or ill tell everyone.

Holy - :pics: :icon_biggrin:

maynard
08-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Holy - :pics: :icon_biggrin:

I don't get it...pics of what?

ZERO
08-05-2010, 01:06 AM
Remember that while the powers will be as close as I can make them to the original they may not work exactly the same. However I will be making sure that functionally every race is the way it was. My plan is to setup the server as a test requiring a password given in the forums. XP will be recorded during the test and then reset to pre test values so that people are not gaining during the test phase.

The test phase will last until all the races are finished and working. This may take some time as some races will be much more complex than others. Users will be welcome to try to program their own versions of races to speed up development time. (Hold on until the server is actually up if you plan to do this) However the races must work exactly like they do now, if you want to code a race I can provide the source code from es to use as a reference.

One of the exciting things is that war3 has many options that wcs never did such as the ability to track powers in stats! Yes you will be able to have abilities and other things that kill show up as actual weapons in psychostats. In addition the systems that handle armor and damage along with immunities is much more advanced and as a result game play will differ slightly although the relative balancing of races should still be the same.

So starting next month there is going to be 35 races to code from scratch (the default war3 races are not the same as ours). Depending on how complex it ends up being it may take longer than a month to write but we will be BACK!

Suprise Butsexz
08-05-2010, 03:47 AM
Woo butsexz for all!

Wolfenstinger
08-05-2010, 05:20 AM
I don't get it...pics of what?

a vagalion i'd hope... :shrug:

Just double-checking what i read with zero's recent post: it'll be a WC3 form that we'll evolve into our own WCS?

acolyte_to_jippity
08-05-2010, 11:21 AM
a vagalion i'd hope... :shrug:

Just double-checking what i read with zero's recent post: it'll be a WC3 form that we'll evolve into our own WCS?

essentially, the version of war3 we're getting, will be customized to make a special "flavor" of it, which we should then entitle WCIbis

Wolfenstinger
08-05-2010, 09:48 PM
essentially, the version of war3 we're getting, will be customized to make a special "flavor" of it, which we should then entitle WCIbis

so, itl'l be like having an ice cream sundae with the cherry on top while everyone else gets something else? Either way, im looking forward to getting back into an IBIS warcraft mod. Bhop is boring after awhile and gungame is well... gungame.

anyways, cheers for news! :w00t:

ZERO
08-06-2010, 08:06 PM
The new version was released, I will begin a local test server tomorrow. Primarly what I will be working on is getting the xp to convert. After I confirm that XP converts I will start by getting the currently supplied races configured to how we had them. After this is all done locally a public test server will go live with a race or so being added every few days/week.

Do not get too excited I do not know how long this is going to take. I am not going to rush this, when WCS comes back it will arrive like a giant diamond that crushes the shit that valve has dealt us and sets a new standard for wcs servers around the world! We will launch when all the races are done and all of their powers work. Until then it will stay as an open beta when it is released publicly.

maynard
08-06-2010, 08:28 PM
when WCS comes back it will arrive like a giant diamond that crushes the shit that valve has dealt us and sets a new standard for wcs servers around the world! We will launch when all the races are done and all of their powers work. Until then it will stay as an open beta when it is released publicly.

starts drooling....:icon_mrgreen:

Wolfenstinger
08-06-2010, 08:35 PM
starts drooling....:icon_mrgreen:

-hands drool mug-

acolyte_to_jippity
08-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Do not get too excited I do not know how long this is going to take. I am not going to rush this, when WCS comes back it will arrive like a giant diamond that crushes the shit that valve has dealt us and sets a new standard for wcs servers around the world! We will launch when all the races are done and all of their powers work. Until then it will stay as an open beta when it is released publicly.

hate to be the nay-sayer...but only until valve takes css out of beta...again

but progress is progress

maynard
08-06-2010, 09:18 PM
hate to be the nay-sayer...but only until valve takes css out of beta...again

but progress is progress

you're lucky that you're not in range of me being able 2 throwing things at you....

acolyte_to_jippity
08-06-2010, 09:23 PM
you're lucky that you're not in range of me being able 2 throwing things at you....

:tips hat:

what race are you waiting for most?

me? human or succubus hunter

maynard
08-06-2010, 09:33 PM
:tips hat:

what race are you waiting for most?

me? human or succubus hunter

no race in particular.

Wojonatior
08-07-2010, 02:36 AM
A race, A working race on a working wcs server, that is what i am waiting for. :D

Wolfenstinger
08-08-2010, 01:24 PM
havucenmyvaga?

other than that, im looking forward to playing panorama again. IDK why, but i just enjoyed messing with people when playing it :smirk:

ZERO
08-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that I have not yet made the local test server. The other night jigsaw was on and so we got drunk playing gg for a few hours. Then last night my other friend was over after me and my dad went to see a movie. Now I am formatting an old raptor to install win7 on. I still plan to get the server tested soon but just wanted to let you guys know that nothing has happened yet.

maynard
08-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that I have not yet made the local test server. The other night jigsaw was on and so we got drunk playing gg for a few hours. Then last night my other friend was over after me and my dad went to see a movie. Now I am formatting an old raptor to install win7 on. I still plan to get the server tested soon but just wanted to let you guys know that nothing has happened yet.

that's a big 10-4 delta.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-08-2010, 06:18 PM

lol. just let us know when we can get in thar!

Christmas
08-08-2010, 07:43 PM

Shocked.

ZERO
08-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Update, rather than work on xp conversion the main focus should be to get the races ready and have ability testing. It will be easier to do this if I just make all the races level 0 so that anyone can use them and also do not have any xp on yet. We can worry about getting xp converted later (it should convert with little to no problem) and instead focus on getting the actual mod finished. I hope to have a public beta with some races up in the next 48 hours. New tracking threads will be created to detail revision changes and to discuss what needs to be fixed.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Update, rather than work on xp conversion the main focus should be to get the races ready and have ability testing. It will be easier to do this if I just make all the races level 0 so that anyone can use them and also do not have any xp on yet. We can worry about getting xp converted later (it should convert with little to no problem) and instead focus on getting the actual mod finished. I hope to have a public beta with some races up in the next 48 hours. New tracking threads will be created to detail revision changes and to discuss what needs to be fixed.

WOO FUCKING HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all hail
(^-.-^) (v-.-v) (^-.-^) (v-.-v) (^-.-^) (v-.-v) (^-.-^) (v-.-v)

maynard
08-10-2010, 02:01 PM
atta boy, zero.

ZERO
08-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Local copy runs, base program and races working. I am now trying to fix some glitches it is causing with many and some other strange issues. Once this is done I will be able to finish testing the base races that I will release the test server with. Even the version of war3 that we are using is going to be beta for a while so things are not going to be amazingly stable.

Tickle Me Emo
08-10-2010, 07:26 PM
things are not going to be amazingly stable.

Shocking, WCS was always known for its stellar stability! :lmao:

Seriously though, good to hear we're making progress. I miss my WCS :(

acolyte_to_jippity
08-10-2010, 08:21 PM
the pressing question though:

will early-morning super fun glitch-ass times still happen?

ZERO
08-10-2010, 09:20 PM
NO, that is gone forever...

acolyte_to_jippity
08-10-2010, 10:52 PM
NO, that is gone forever...

:sniff:

farewell confuseing-as-fuck-no-xp-gaining-magic-only-regular-damage-GTFO days...
although, i suppose that as an admin i'd have a responsibility to the server to restart the old girl, eh?

ZERO
08-11-2010, 02:31 PM
I am putting the files into a rar file now for upload to the server. Should be online in a few hours, there will be a new thread explaining the test server in detail but let me cover a few things right now.

There will be no xp saved, you will get free levels by typing levelbank in chat. This makes it easy to get all the abilities for a race to test that they work.

Commands are the same except powers now use +ultimate and +ability

NOTHING is configured, yes I KNOW THE SHOPMENU DOES NOT TAKE MONEY. It can and that is all that matters right now.

We are ONLY TESTING ABILITIES. The point of the public beta at this stage is for ABILITY TESTING ONLY! All other "bugs" will be ignored.

Over time we will be testing different things, regardless of what we are testing keep an open mind for ideas, it is possible that we may want to change some races abilities a little bit from what they were before.

Mani admin console commands DO NOT WORK. You must use the menu accessed via esc after pressing your admin bind. THIS is a test server, anyone who had ADMIN a few days ago on the PUB will have admin. Anyone who does not will not have ADMIN on the test server. It can be requested if you need it that badly but this is a test server only.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-11-2010, 02:38 PM
I am putting the files into a rar file now for upload to the server. Should be online in a few hours, there will be a new thread explaining the test server in detail but let me cover a few things right now.

There will be no xp saved, you will get free levels by typing levelbank in chat. This makes it easy to get all the abilities for a race to test that they work.

Commands are the same except powers now use +ultimate and +ability

NOTHING is configured, yes I KNOW THE SHOPMENU DOES NOT TAKE MONEY. It can and that is all that matters right now.

We are ONLY TESTING ABILITIES. The point of the public beta at this stage is for ABILITY TESTING ONLY! All other "bugs" will be ignored.

Over time we will be testing different things, regardless of what we are testing keep an open mind for ideas, it is possible that we may want to change some races abilities a little bit from what they were before.

Mani admin console commands DO NOT WORK. You must use the menu accessed via esc after pressing your admin bind. THIS is a test server, anyone who had ADMIN a few days ago on the PUB will have admin. Anyone who does not will not have ADMIN on the test server. It can be requested if you need it that badly but this is a test server only.

:claps: alright! i'm assumeing that resetskills and spendskills still works? and we just need to change our binds from "ability" and "ultimate" to "+ability" and "+ultimate"?

and lets see...the base races are programmed in i presume?

ZERO
08-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Yea, if you see the test race tracker.

Nicktendo13
09-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Lol i was waiting for this!!!! Yay

ZERO
09-10-2010, 08:47 PM
I have now started to hire programmers for race development to start. Hopefully over the next few days I can finalize negotiations and we can start to see some of the old races popping up.

Wolfenstinger
09-10-2010, 08:53 PM
I have now started to hire programmers for race development to start. Hopefully over the next few days I can finalize negotiations and we can start to see some of the old races popping up.

yay! :cheer:

maynard
09-10-2010, 10:32 PM

awesome:wtg:

acolyte_to_jippity
09-12-2010, 10:38 AM
ok people lets start collecting some cash. we should buy zero a case of beer or something once this is done. or something

maynard
09-15-2010, 02:12 PM
all those bastards in ZM were laughing at me last night saying WCS will never be back up again =(...

how goes the negotiaions, zero?

Wolfenstinger
09-15-2010, 03:51 PM
all those bastards in ZM were laughing at me last night saying WCS will never be back up again =(...

:alright:

ZERO
09-15-2010, 06:20 PM

how goes the negotiaions, zero?

I have not heard back from my last pm. He might be really busy this week. But he should easily make a few hundred dollars if he accepts, assuming he makes them all. So I really do not see any reason he would not do it.

Nemesis
09-16-2010, 09:57 AM
since we have someone doing races why not get him to throw new ones in? so we don't have to go back to it later? probably cheaper to get it all done at once.

THE HOLY SH**T!
09-16-2010, 11:03 AM
since we have someone doing races why not get him to throw new ones in? so we don't have to go back to it later? probably cheaper to get it all done at once.

^^^^^^

acolyte_to_jippity
09-16-2010, 01:10 PM
^^^^^^

i'd rather start with just getting back to what we were at.

after all, zero made santa from scratch, so the main problem is probably the converting over from ES to SM, and once zero sees how this other guy does the converting he'll be able to make new ones on his own.

maynard
09-16-2010, 01:58 PM

read the rest of the thread. zero has said he has new race ideas, and wants 2 get them implemented, so most likely they will be coded when the existing races are done.

but like aco said, I rather just get back 2 what we had and build from that.

Nemesis
09-18-2010, 10:28 PM
read the rest of the thread. zero has said he has new race ideas, and wants 2 get them implemented, so most likely they will be coded when the existing races are done.

but like aco said, I rather just get back 2 what we had and build from that.

there's a big difference between wanting and doing, i just think it could really help us keep an active WCS server going if we can hit the ground running with these races. maybe if we can start throwing some stuff together before hand and have it set to go once this guy gets to work? it'll save money and increase the allure of our server.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-18-2010, 11:05 PM
there's a big difference between wanting and doing, i just think it could really help us keep an active WCS server going if we can hit the ground running with these races. maybe if we can start throwing some stuff together before hand and have it set to go once this guy gets to work? it'll save money and increase the allure of our server.

except that as far as we've heard on the forums, we don't even know how this will turn out.

StarsMine
09-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Ork is glitched, we can no reincarnate for some reason

and the ring of reincarantion doesnt do anything either

We are curently trying out other ways of respawning
we need to get some more poeple to beta test

edit: as far as we can tell none of the forms of respawning works.
edit2: bash doesnt work and scroll of respawning crashes the server

ZERO
09-19-2010, 07:32 PM
OK I will try to update to the beta releases from this version so we can see if that is fixed. I will post in here about the update when I get it on the server (in the next few days-as late as next week.)

ZERO
09-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Programing work on races have started. First converted race will be in for testing next week. Please note the following:

Some if not all the races will have slightly different effects than before. This will usually mean that the effects will be better and cooler as sourcemod allows for this. Some races will have different/better descriptions.

Balance wise the reletive performance of each race will stay the same. War3 allows for some new possibilities that we will over time take advantage of. The programer that has been contracted to convert the races is very skilled and used to be a lead wcs programmer. Hopefully in a few weeks to months we can have everything programed and the server back in business!

acolyte_to_jippity
09-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Programing work on races have started. First converted race will be in for testing next week. Please note the following:

Some if not all the races will have slightly different effects than before. This will usually mean that the effects will be better and cooler as sourcemod allows for this. Some races will have different/better descriptions.

Balance wise the reletive performance of each race will stay the same. War3 allows for some new possibilities that we will over time take advantage of. The programer that has been contracted to convert the races is very skilled and used to be a lead wcs programmer. Hopefully in a few weeks to months we can have everything programed and the server back in business!

FUCKING YES!!!

only question. can he give us the old teleport?

ZERO
09-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Possibly, right now the focus in on restoring races. When that is done we will look into minor changes.

ZERO
09-23-2010, 12:44 AM
I will try to get an updated release of war3 up along with a new race in the next 20 hours.