PDA

View Full Version : Maps need tweaking

Fireye
06-24-2010, 03:03 PM
gg_fy_poolday_reunion and aim_shotty all have weapons on the maps. Can we get weapons removed from these maps? It's a bit of an eyesore, and was giving some people lag issues prior to the engine update.

mcilwain
06-24-2010, 09:48 PM
I would do it but my source SDK is fucked up...

Schnacky
06-25-2010, 12:32 AM
thought versions added didnt have weapons...

Christmas
06-25-2010, 11:16 PM
I'll do it tomorrow morning.

Going to bed now. Just post what maps you want tweaked and I will get right on it.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-25-2010, 11:45 PM
churches fixed (newer version) not toon since you don't like that one.

add some sort of identifyer to each team's church. i.e make one's clock blue, the other red.

the most commonly accepted rule on that map has always been no camping your own church roof. you get to the enemies, you can head to the roof. but your own is off limits unless you're removeing someone else from it

XX0wnsXY
06-26-2010, 12:19 AM
churches fixed (newer version) not toon since you don't like that one.

add some sort of identifyer to each team's church. i.e make one's clock blue, the other red.

the most commonly accepted rule on that map has always been no camping your own church roof. you get to the enemies, you can head to the roof. but your own is off limits unless you're removeing someone else from it

actually that was a rule that was misconstrued. The rule is no excessive camping, not that you can't camp your own roof. They kind of cancel each other out, but I no longer warn for anyone going on their roof as long as it doesn't impede the progress of the game.

Christmas
06-26-2010, 10:15 AM
The issue with poolday reunion is that it uses custom textures that I don't have.

So I can't edit that map without putting in new textures of my own.

Also whoever made aim_shotty is a moron. Nothing was snapped to the grid, there were displacements everywhere where there didn't need to be, and the spawn and weapons are all haphazard.

Terribly made map. Fixed all the bugs, but wow.

http://rapidshare.com/files/402976262/aim_shotty_fixed.bsp.html