PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistent Admins!!

[UA] Mos Def
07-03-2010, 12:31 AM
I am not sure how to remedy this situation, but there are too many admins in here with their own view of what the rules are on this server. It seems like every time I am in the server an admin is saying one thing is against the rules yet the next time I am in another admin is saying the exact opposite. I guess when you just let anyone be an admin for paying a small fee they are pretty much going to do whatever they want. Where is the oversight?? Also, who is making all these rules for certain maps; for instance you can't go on your own church or if you have a scout or awp you can camp and blah blah blah...The only real rule I see is no camping (period). Where does it say anything about not going up on your own church, or where does it say don't go in your church window?? These maps were created to be played, not to be controlled where a player can and cannot go. I understand the no camping rule and I am fine with that, but when admins start telling me how to play my game it gets annoying!! As I said I don't know what it would take to get all admins on the same page, but it is definitely needed!!!! Either revise the server code, or STFU about made up rules!!!

Oh and I am sick of the hypocrisy: I see lots and lots of admins saying don't do this or don't do that, but when I decide to spec said admins they are doing exactly what they are preaching against. I suppose it is a situation of do what I say and not what I do!!

Envy
07-03-2010, 01:53 AM
I agree 100% with this Mos. I'll admit there are points when I camp briefly due to being stuck on a gun. But I move along when I get the kill.

I believe Dennis made up the rule of certian guns were OK. We need stricter control on the ADMINS here. The rules are fine, we just need everyone on the same page. Actual punishments when admins are wrong need to be instated, not just when they are out of control. You make a mistake? fine. But you should be held accountable for it just like if someone random fucks up in the servers. Temp restrictions etc.

The biggest issue I see with it is that those in control are too busy to do the needed tending so it goes lax and gets out of control.

Kavinsky
07-03-2010, 02:41 AM
Listen the last thing we need right now is a war over admin rules, once all the servers are sorted out, the sites been redesigned by zero then we can bitch about the rules but right now isnt the time.

And generally camping in a pussy spot like the sniper perch in churches isnt allowed and on the roof your supposed to get moving after about 30 seconds up there, not sitting there for 2 or 3 minutes waiting for your opponent to pop out

Vladninja
07-03-2010, 03:21 AM
Listen the last thing we need right now is a war over admin rules, once all the servers are sorted out, the sites been redesigned by zero then we can bitch about the rules but right now isnt the time.

And generally camping in a pussy spot like the sniper perch in churches isnt allowed and on the roof your supposed to get moving after about 30 seconds up there, not sitting there for 2 or 3 minutes waiting for your opponent to pop out

+1 to the first part....

As for the second its really up to the admin to keep things fair and fun for everyone... personally I think its funny as hell to warn than slap campers off the top of the church.

Rage
07-03-2010, 08:53 AM
When the server is on churches, I allow people on their own rooves, as long as they aren't just camping the ladder. IE just waiting for someone to come up the ladder, or excessively watching it. I usually go up there, take a couple shots, and about the time the other team is on my side, I jump down into a tree, than ground, and kill them all as they climb up the ladder. Works great.

Spasm
07-03-2010, 10:35 AM
When the server is on churches, I allow people on their own rooves, as long as they aren't just camping the ladder. IE just waiting for someone to come up the ladder, or excessively watching it. I usually go up there, take a couple shots, and about the time the other team is on my side, I jump down into a tree, than ground, and kill them all as they climb up the ladder. Works great.

+1, if you know they are up there, fucking kill them, look up for christs sake, don't go crszy and say no roof or w/e, the roof is part of the map, dont fail so damn much.

Envy
07-03-2010, 10:48 AM

First. Voicing an opinion is not an indication of a war.
Second. The rules are rather important. Why should they be last on the list?

Kavinsky
07-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Yes but it typically leads to war here

and it should be the last on the list because Valve (the people who made the game in the first place of all things)

broke OUR servers (see the threads about the fucked up reserverd slot kicker and the defunct wcs server)

and Zeros going to be redoing the forums and the main page after sorting the servers out, the rules work as they are its only one or two regular people complaining about them and a few new morons as always.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-03-2010, 11:56 AM
ok. my churches rule, as it was told to me by many, is no camping your own roof.

camp your opponent's is fine, since you have to make it over there in the first place.

Rage
07-03-2010, 12:33 PM
But see, the question is what do you consider camping the roof? My definition is just waiting for the opposing team to come up the ladder. I got no problem with you being up there sniping people across the map, as long as you don't just sit aiming at the ladder. Its a high spot, use it to your advantage, plus you are pretty easily shot whilst up there.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-03-2010, 12:40 PM
But see, the question is what do you consider camping the roof? My definition is just waiting for the opposing team to come up the ladder. I got no problem with you being up there sniping people across the map, as long as you don't just sit aiming at the ladder. Its a high spot, use it to your advantage, plus you are pretty easily shot whilst up there.

i have a problem w/ that. like i said, heading to your opponent's roof and staying up there is fine. not your own.

it just seems right

Rage
07-03-2010, 01:08 PM
i have a problem w/ that. like i said, heading to your opponent's roof and staying up there is fine. not your own.

it just seems right

So you are saying by definition, on funtimes, you cannot use the ladders on your side, but rather have to go over the the opponents side to climb up. The way I see it, it was put into the map for a purpose, and seeing how its generally easy to die up there if you aren't camping it, I allow it.

Camping inside the church on the other hand I do not stand for.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-03-2010, 01:53 PM
So you are saying by definition, on funtimes, you cannot use the ladders on your side, but rather have to go over the the opponents side to climb up. The way I see it, it was put into the map for a purpose, and seeing how its generally easy to die up there if you aren't camping it, I allow it.

Camping inside the church on the other hand I do not stand for.

no no no, funtimes is just a map-wide fuckfest

but churches is different.

Envy
07-03-2010, 03:16 PM
i have no problem going up onto the churches. The problem is staying up the the whole round. Go up and get a kill or two, don't see anyone? gtf down. The biggest issue with camping is it prolongs the game for people imo.

Nemesis
07-03-2010, 04:11 PM
there's no real cover on the churches (apart from the belltower which isn't great) where as there is quite a bit on the ground, it seems alot easier to shot someone off the roof than watch everything from up there. the only time it's good is if there's one or two guys left.

but i agree with most of the posts here, i've been saying for a while that the rules are very flawed, and you can't leave it up to the better judgement of the admins, because most of them don't have better judgement.

Hitman
07-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Yes this is happening all the time but guess what, after Zero sorts out this mess with the servers thanks to those faggots in Steam, he will implement a new admin system. Some admins who were here for a while and can be trusted, are given more privileges and outrank and other admins who are new and will have limited power and must build their trust.

I cannot wait for this to be implemented and I also agree to redo the entire rules list for every server.

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Yes this is happening all the time but guess what, after Zero sorts out this mess with the servers thanks to those faggots in Steam, he will implement a new admin system. Some admins who were here for a while and can be trusted, are given more privileges and outrank and other admins who are new and will have limited power and must build their trust.

I cannot wait for this to be implemented and I also agree to redo the entire rules list for every server.

Bingo!

i see this issue ass something that can be solved threw time, not now. for now play how you wanna play, if you get kicked banned with no warning, post the log in the abuse section.

you shouldn't be that worried anyways mos def your a good player regardless of some of the new admins power trips

THE HOLY SH**T!
07-03-2010, 07:22 PM
camping is fine, as long as you dont do it for a long period of time.

2 and half years of admin = :icon_mrgreen:

lool jk. the new system will be good.

Nemesis
07-04-2010, 01:32 PM
camping is fine, as long as you dont do it for a long period of time.

isn't camping defined as sitting there for a long period of time? if you don't sit tehre, then it's not camping.

Rage
07-04-2010, 04:45 PM
isn't camping defined as sitting there for a long period of time? if you don't sit tehre, then it's not camping.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=camping

KiK
07-09-2010, 11:55 AM

The problem with camping your own church tower, is no one just stays up there for 30 seconds.... they are up there for 45 seconds to 2 minutes depending on how long the server runs... and the whole time they are at a complete advantage against other players who are trying to make their way across map on ground.

Rawr
07-09-2010, 01:24 PM
The only real rule is no EXCESSIVE camping, not no camping and some admins need to pay more attention to that adjective. "going beyond the usual, necessary, or proper limit or degree;" My rule of wrist is if it isn't fucking with the game-play, do what you want. Which usually means on a map like churches do what you want outside the churches, but it's rare when you get people up in the rafters that they don't start delaying the round and making 18 people wait while they masturbate to their own supposed cleverness. Again though it's important to recognize that leniency for the sake of evenness is better than being strict because you decided you don't like people to camp their own roofs.

tj26
07-09-2010, 01:56 PM
going along with the inconsistent admin thing the whole camping thing is getting out of control i was on reality roof earlier went over my roof and killed 6 people and an (insert admin here) accused me of camping and threatened to freeze me in a knife fight

yes camping is not allowed but admins need to make sure they accuse the right people and make sure the persons doing it consistently because 90 percent of players dont move around 100 % of the time just because they stop moving doesnt mean they're camping

acolyte_to_jippity
07-09-2010, 02:29 PM
going along with the inconsistent admin thing the whole camping thing is getting out of control i was on reality roof earlier went over my roof and killed 6 people and an (insert admin here) accused me of camping and threatened to freeze me in a knife fight

yes camping is not allowed but admins need to make sure they accuse the right people and make sure the persons doing it consistently because 90 percent of players dont move around 100 % of the time just because they stop moving doesnt mean they're camping

yeah, on 007 abby, dennis doesn't quite get the difference between camping on the walltops, and simply going up there to kill people. i never camp up there. i'll get up there, and run around, take the shots i get, sometimes crouch and wait for a target, but never camp

XX0wnsXY
07-09-2010, 02:34 PM
The way I see it is, if someone is "camping" during the game and it is NOT impeding the progress of the game, then I will generally leave it alone.

If you're the last person on a team and you're in one spot and making the rest of us wait, you're getting warned..and then slayed.

If it isn't going to hurt the gameplay any, why bother? Otherwise, you'd be spending all day watching people for camping.

Schnacky
07-09-2010, 02:58 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=camping

eh, its a very blurred line. I've been called a camper in Battlefield 1942 and I constantly changed positions when sniping.

I basically "camped" an entire map including the enemy base when I stole their flag, owned the entire team escaping with my pistol, and scored.

I was also called a camper because I cleared the base with my sniper rifle at the entrance of the base where I was in plain sight, easily killed by anything, and could have just been ran over by the Humvee.

Would you call me a camper? I hope not since I didn't stay in one spot. But some people seem to think because I used a sniper rifle or RPG, I am.... (yes I camped with an RPG apparently lol)

DeadEyeDeNNi$
07-10-2010, 08:50 AM
yeah, on 007 abby, dennis doesn't quite get the difference between camping on the walltops, and simply going up there to kill people. i never camp up there. i'll get up there, and run around, take the shots i get, sometimes crouch and wait for a target, but never camp

Aco I do get it, but when someone stays there for 3-4 different gun changes that's camping and I will slap them off with a warning. Do it consistently and I will start slaying then one can start losing levels because when that happens it's usually out of defiance.

Wojonatior
07-12-2010, 11:12 PM
I think that the major issue is that the servers need a definitive set of rules and they need to be upheld fairly by the admins.

And what I mean by definitive rules, is that things like "camping" and other debated issues need to be defined by zero and a couple of the other reliable and decent admins.I don't see any reason to be wait until all of the servers have been fixed. The global server rules and the rules for the servers that are working can easily be set out.

It would also be good to set these rules out in the MOTD instead of a stretched IBIS splash image.

Anyways I don't think it should be that difficult to do that. And what is the point of having working servers if everything is in chaos about no set out rules?

There's my opinion. :P

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-13-2010, 12:45 AM
I think that the major issue is that the servers need a definitive set of rules and they need to be upheld fairly by the admins.

And what I mean by definitive rules, is that things like "camping" and other debated issues need to be defined by zero and a couple of the other reliable and decent admins.I don't see any reason to be wait until all of the servers have been fixed. The global server rules and the rules for the servers that are working can easily be set out.

It would also be good to set these rules out in the MOTD instead of a stretched IBIS splash image.

Anyways I don't think it should be that difficult to do that. And what is the point of having working servers if everything is in chaos about no set out rules?

There's my opinion. :P

well said new guy =D

Rawr
07-13-2010, 12:40 PM
That shouldn't be necessary, if you have an IQ over 85 and some moderate ability to control yourself. The problem is 45% of the admins don't meet both those requirements, and another 45% don't meet either.

Nemesis
07-13-2010, 03:58 PM
That shouldn't be necessary, if you have an IQ over 85 and some moderate ability to control yourself. The problem is 45% of the admins don't meet both those requirements, and another 45% don't meet either.

uh, no. it's that the rules are unclear in alot of areas, and too much is left up to the ruling of the admin, and that is where there is problems.

the rules need to be written by more than just Zero, so all the bugs and loopholes can be worked out. it should be a collaborative effert because, frankly, a single person will just fuck it up.

Rawr
07-13-2010, 04:50 PM
uh, no. it's that the rules are unclear in alot of areas, and too much is left up to the ruling of the admin, and that is where there is problems.

the rules need to be written by more than just Zero, so all the bugs and loopholes can be worked out. it should be a collaborative effert because, frankly, a single person will just fuck it up.

Dude you are retarded, I didn't even read your post, but I'm sure it's as terrible as you are. Stop posting here, everyone hates you.

mastercheff
07-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Dude you are retarded, I didn't even read your post, but I'm sure it's as terrible as you are. Stop posting here, everyone hates you.

Even though it sounds as if i'm siding with nemesis here, I agree somewhat with nemesis, some of the rules are unclear of what is and what isn't.

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-13-2010, 05:27 PM

So what your saying is you and me fit in that remaining 10%?

edit: if there is unclear rules, its left to an admin to make a judgment call on the current situation. now if one of those 90% of admins who are retarted are faced with that situation well....

rawr is right

Wojonatior
07-13-2010, 06:04 PM
Such is the problem if you just let people be admins if they pay you...

And nobody will listen to your side, rawr, if you just ignore everybody else "cause you are super boss".

Solarsoul
07-13-2010, 10:25 PM
+1, if you know they are up there, fucking kill them, look up for christs sake, don't go crszy and say no roof or w/e, the roof is part of the map, dont fail so damn much.

Churches the only thing i enforce is No climbing the ladder and sitting in the window of the church. also no camping inside ledges everythign else i could care less about. those 2 spots piss me off thought.

boomer0901
07-13-2010, 11:57 PM
woj is correct as is the case with rapedollars tonight in GG, just because you are an admin you job is to enforce the rules, not tell ppl how to play the game, so if it's not a rule violtion or hacking, keep your pie hole shut and let ppl play the game.

maynard
07-14-2010, 01:21 AM
woj is correct as is the case with rapedollars tonight in GG, just because you are an admin you job is to enforce the rules, not tell ppl how to play the game, so if it's not a rule violtion or hacking, keep your pie hole shut and let ppl play the game.

rape is a clan member, not a standard admin.

Nemesis
07-14-2010, 06:24 AM

wow, someone has a sandy vagina, try not to bitch too loudly when you get cancer, k?

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-14-2010, 08:05 AM
wow, someone has a sandy vagina, try not to bitch too loudly when you get cancer, k?

with the amount of people you wish cancer upon, i would NOT be surprised in any way if you get cancer.

if any one here deserves cancer it is you

and as far as you being a member of the IBIS community, id have to say you ARE ibis's cancer

Nemesis
07-14-2010, 08:28 AM
with the amount of people you wish cancer upon, i would NOT be surprised in any way if you get cancer.

and as far as you being a member of the IBIS community, id have to say you ARE ibis's cancer

i don't think anyone asked for your opinion, go be a fuckstick somewhere else.

Rawr
07-14-2010, 11:08 AM

Holy shit you got owned by Mikey. Ahahaha, this thread is now over.

Nemesis
07-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Holy shit you got owned by Mikey. Ahahaha, this thread is now over.

really? you call that owning? ask your mom she'll tell you what it's really like.

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-14-2010, 12:50 PM
really? you call that owning? ask your mom she'll tell you what it's really like.

really like: "small dick, minute man" ???

Nemesis
07-14-2010, 02:18 PM
really like: "small dick, minute man" ???

you're still talking downsy? shut the fuck up and do my taxes bitch.

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-14-2010, 04:28 PM
you're still talking downsy? shut the fuck up and do my taxes bitch.

do your taxes? can you not do them your self?
fail

SCRIBBLE
07-14-2010, 04:36 PM
The rules are unclear? Use your judgment and be rational. If you can't be rational, ask someone else.

edit: nem do you actually have taxes? that would have worked before the deadline. now you are just really late on your taxes.

Christmas
07-14-2010, 05:40 PM
You guys are all acting like children.

This is mainly focused on silly Canadian Nemises, Mikey, and Rawr.