PDA

View Full Version : And with a heavy heart...

ChronicVT
07-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Hey friends, fellow members and yes, even those who don't like me...

I was given some very upsetting news about three weeks ago...

As most of you may know, I play with one hand... Many asked me how i did this... Well when the Cancer took my right hand the first time... Surgeons were not able to save my fingers, but my hand was still useable... However, my Cancer has returned, after almost eight years of remission... It is the same Cancer (Synovial Sarcoma, a bone Cancer), and it has returned so rapidly that for the last three weeks I have been inundated with Doctor visits, X-Rays, MRI, PET Scans and pokes, prods, and other intrusive testing... Because of the rapid return of this Cancer, the doctors are attempting to stop the Cancer in it's entirety, and this will entail the loss of my hand, to about the elbow...

Needless to say, it is with a heavy heart, that I will have to retire for an undisclosed amount of time, until modifications can be made to compete with the likes of you all... I truely enjoyed being a part of ibis Gaming, and hope that regardless of my ability of playing, that you will all still allow me to be a part of the ibis Gaming family...

I will check in from time to time... to keep those interested, in the progress of this life changing event... Again thank you EVERYONE, and any ideas for future modifications will be greatly appreciated...

Peace

loka
07-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Get well. Your life is far more valuable then a game or half the people who play on here. My mom is going to have a biopsy Friday so I am very stressed and fearful about that as well. Nothing worse than hearing that 6 letter word. Take care Chronic.

XX0wnsXY
07-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Very sorrry to hear this. Take care and keep strong, man.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-14-2010, 02:00 PM
get well mate.

en tarro adun.

OnEyEdMaN
07-14-2010, 02:18 PM
on behalf of the whole ibis community we hope you the best and luck on your fight against cancer. cancer may have taken a part of your arm but it shouldnt be the end of your journey in life, strong heart and faith up above shall lead you to victory..good luck bro.!

Hitman
07-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Sorry to hear Chronic.

Stay strong and it was fun playing with you. Keep well brother and pop in from time to time and let us know how you are doing.

XxMastagunzxX
07-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Sorry to hear that. Don't be a stranger, stop by often.

EVL_Ripper
07-15-2010, 12:17 AM
Hope it goes well. Take care and be safe. Whether you think you can compete or not, you always got a place here regardless.

ChronicVT
07-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Well thay have set a date to remove my upper arm... I signed my arm's death warrent today and the "execution" will be July 26th, 2010... They would not let me video (something to do with sterlilization or something) but my surgeon has agreed to take photo's through out the surgery... it was explained that it would help with my "seperation anxiety" to visaully see the removal of such a significant part of my body... it is one thing to have limited, or even no use but an extremity still remaining... than to suddenly have none... I am told I will have to go through the hardest change in my life style, with no idea how long it could last... I am still not looking forward to this... the doctors tell me that they would be more worried if I was celebrating this event, than the way I actually feel... I wish this on no person, friend or foe... and unless you have or will (and I pray you don't), you can not understand what this is like, even if I could explain it myself...

I will try to stop by, as soon as I am able... I will be on a couple mor times between now and the 26th (to get in as much time as I possible can)... Though the server would not let me change my name... I should be under the name Chronic (if I can't change it...) And thank you everyone...

XX0wnsXY
07-16-2010, 09:22 PM
Well thay have set a date to remove my upper arm... I signed my arm's death warrent today and the "execution" will be July 26th, 2010... They would not let me video (something to do with sterlilization or something) but my surgeon has agreed to take photo's through out the surgery... it was explained that it would help with my "seperation anxiety" to visaully see the removal of such a significant part of my body... it is one thing to have limited, or even no use but an extremity still remaining... than to suddenly have none... I am told I will have to go through the hardest change in my life style, with no idea how long it could last... I am still not looking forward to this... the doctors tell me that they would be more worried if I was celebrating this event, than the way I actually feel... I wish this on no person, friend or foe... and unless you have or will (and I pray you don't), you can not understand what this is like, even if I could explain it myself...

I will try to stop by, as soon as I am able... I will be on a couple mor times between now and the 26th (to get in as much time as I possible can)... Though the server would not let me change my name... I should be under the name Chronic (if I can't change it...) And thank you everyone...

I can't imagine what it must be like to know that you are inevitably losing something you've been used to having all your life. I don't know much about this sort of thing but I do know that Phantom pains are a serious issue that often follow limb removal, and hopefully they will be able to prepare you well enough to cope.

Again, I wish you the best of luck and I hope you keep strong through this hardship.

mag36
07-16-2010, 09:47 PM
Needless to say, it is with a heavy heart, that I will have to retire for an undisclosed amount of time, until modifications can be made to compete with the likes of you all... I truely enjoyed being a part of ibis Gaming, and hope that regardless of my ability of playing, that you will all still allow me to be a part of the ibis Gaming family...

I will check in from time to time... to keep those interested, in the progress of this life changing event... Again thank you EVERYONE, and any ideas for future modifications will be greatly appreciated...

Peace

Chronic I think i speak for everyone that you always welcome to the Ibis Gaming community whether you can play or not....... Instead of saying sorry like everyone does, Ill just wish you the best of luck and hope to see you around here

acolyte_to_jippity
07-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Chronic I think i speak for everyone that you always welcome to the Ibis Gaming community whether you can play or not....... Instead of saying sorry like everyone does, Ill just wish you the best of luck and hope to see you around here

i'll never kick you if you idle in spec mate. only if the place fills up to capacity.

hallwagner
07-17-2010, 11:22 AM
aw man that fucking sucks, best wishes

Nemesis
07-17-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm sure we'll be seeing you back soon enough buddy, and hopefully we'll have WCS up and running for ya too.

Carina
07-17-2010, 03:19 PM
aww.. sorry to hear that Chronic :'(

get well and good luck the 26th..
and stay strong.. :wtg:
and i will be looking forward to still getting me ass kick by you in WCS when you get back.. :D

ChronicVT
07-23-2010, 04:53 PM
About two days and 15 hours left until surgery... and I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared... must find something to preoccupy my thoughts...

Nope, guess CS is not the way...

FnCKING CANCER...!

anex
07-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Good luck dude. Hoping for the best. ;)

Wolfenstinger
07-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Hey rogue... chronic...owner... If it'll keep you assured, ill make sure the people on WCS stay paranoid with a vagalion loose... YOU HEAR THAT PEOPLE, BETTER SAVE UP FOR THAT LEASH cause i'm knifing for this man! And then maybe ill demo it for lols :D...

All in all man;
"Strength and honor!" :salute:
-Orcish Horde

ChronicVT
07-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Nice Dog, Nice...

Heel, Protect, and teach 'em respect...

ChronicVT
07-26-2010, 07:39 AM
Well today is the day... I will see you all on the left side... teeheehee

Doctors are marveled at how I make humor the fore-front... Well I am nervous as Hell...

But I should be back in forums on Wednesday...

Remember... Play Nice... Don't Kill Admin...!

acolyte_to_jippity
07-26-2010, 08:06 AM

Doctors are marveled at how I make humor the fore-front... Well I am nervous as Hell...

gl dude. i'll keep you in prayer

maynard
07-26-2010, 11:24 AM

best of luck, hope the surgery runs smoothly for ya.

DeadEyeDeNNi$
07-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Life has some quirky twists to it and some are even downright unbearable. In any event, I hope that this works out for the best and you get back on track.

Prayers are with ya man.

TC

DED

ChronicVT
07-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Well that part is over... I've not fully recovered, but I felt the need to tell ya all....

I MADE IT THROUGH....

One hand less.... and found out today I now have High Blood Pressure...

When I am feeling better... I'll stop in again and by then have some photos up on facebook...

peace

Carina
07-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Well that part is over... I've not fully recovered, but I felt the need to tell ya all....

I MADE IT THROUGH....

One hand less.... and found out today I now have High Blood Pressure...

When I am feeling better... I'll stop in again and by then have some photos up on facebook...

peace

Good to know.. :wtg:
Glad your okay and i cant wait to see you again ingame :)

ZERO
07-30-2010, 12:58 AM
I will keep you in my prayers and I hope that my new setup along with others here helps contribute to finding a cure by running distributed computing apps like bonic. I hope to do a write up later this year so that more gamers can be aware of the good all that power under their case can do when not gaming.

Hopefully you will be able to work out a way to still be able to play, if not css we will be launching NS2 servers when the game comes out sometime within the next year. Glad to hear the surgery went well and hopefully this really is the last of it.

ChronicVT
08-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Well your prayers and best wishes were answered...

I did have to stay two extra nights... to monitor pain, and vitals...

Turns out I now have High Blood Pressure...

But otherwise it came out, well hairy... check out the photos in Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/ChronicVT?v=photos)...

The Doctor took some more pics through-out the proceedure... One of pictures, the doctor laid the hand to the side and took a photo of the appendage one it's own... Should be up soon...

Well I'll Check back soon...