PDA

View Full Version : idiot admins makeing up rules.

THE HOLY SH**T!
07-14-2010, 09:02 PM
ok. for all those admins who are telling lies in the server and makeing up your rules, refer to this post to make things clear for you idiots.

~zm~
1. Cadeing crouch spaces - there is no rule on this, as far as im concern, the only rule ever enforced on crouch spaces if they were found impossible to break or be glitched. So admins, stop telling bull shit in the server. Cadeing crouch spaces are fine, what we need to do is make a list of the known ones that have been determined that they are impossible cades to break, or glitch.

2. The difference between a glitch and a non glitch. Just cause you or someone else in the server cant break a cade, doesnt make it a glitch. For instance, if a soda machine is blocking a door from opening, it is a glitch. BUT, if u can open it from one side and not the other, THAT IS NOT A GLITCH. Again, we need to make a list so then regulars and admins can refer to it.

3. some admins got to learn that just because there in a cade, it doesnt make it there cade. if someone else is there before hand, and you walk in, its not your cade its theirs. Just cause you have admin, it doesnt make you above regulars. JUst the other day an admin ban someone for a day because he said he was cade breaking his cade. Even though it wasn't the admins cade to set up, he was still ban for knocking over a soda machine as he was setting up the cade. ( it wasnt taz, so dont troll. ) So admins your not above anyone else.

There a few more for zm, but i cba to post them...

~GG~
1. Campers, people MAY CAMP for a bit, but if they do it for awhile then slay them, not if there sitting in spawn for 3 seconds. Its getting a bit anoying telling alot of the regular admins in GG that ppl can sit in a spot for a bit. An idea is that we can give people like a 10 or 15 second warning to move or be slayed, so then they will have the chance to move...

2. Some admins have been sayign that the pre-round round is meant for fun, so dont slay people. So a regular went to hit forgive after the nade warm up round and it slayed another player. The admins saw this and decided to slay the player who slayed the guy who tk him on nade round. The player got upset, and said "What gives admin?" then the admin kick him. He didnt come back after that. There is no rule against this, so why do this shit...?

if any undiscuss rules ppl would like to talk about, please post here and lets have a conversation without a flame war.

SCRIBBLE
07-14-2010, 09:30 PM
I agree with everything, but I would like to add something.

If a player requests another player to be slayed or kicked for rule breaking I recommend you warn first then observe the player's behavior. If you didn't see it first hand or the console doesn't have a log of the action then you don't have any reason to do what is requested.

i.e. I joined ZM and Holy was already in there. Someone asked me to slay someone for cade breaking prior to me joining. I'm not going to slay someone for doing something I didn't see. I'm glad I didn't because I made a verbal warning and didn't hear any complaints afterwards.

WARNINGS ARE EFFECTIVE.

As far as camping goes, I'll give one warning to everyone rather than pointing someone out. If I see it again I usually issue a warning "Campers will be slayed for the rest of the map."

acolyte_to_jippity
07-14-2010, 09:34 PM
i always request that people don't slay for tk's during nade round, because it normally carries over to first round...but i don't punish for it. unless someone gets all "fuck you"

Clone
07-15-2010, 12:57 AM
if holy s*** said it i agree....

Clone

Holy-Sonic
07-15-2010, 01:40 AM
if holy s*** said it i agree....

Clone

+1 agreee

echo501st
07-15-2010, 01:42 AM
V. Glitching
1) Taking advantage of the shortcomings of a map
A) Using methods not intended by the map creator to gain an advantage where it is 99%+ impossible for zombies to get you

The only thing i really dont allow players to cade with is the money crate. on many maps using the money crate makes the cade 100% impossible to break. although when i do this i warn players many times. i dont ban them for it. i just move them to spec usually.

Why do we even have money crates in the game?

THE HOLY SH**T!
07-15-2010, 05:59 AM
The only thing i really dont allow players to cade with is the money crate. on many maps using the money crate makes the cade 100% impossible to break. although when i do this i warn players many times. i dont ban them for it. i just move them to spec usually.

Why do we even have money crates in the game?

becuz there an everyday home appliance.

:icon_mrgreen:

anex
07-15-2010, 08:13 AM
~zm~
1. Cadeing crouch spaces - there is no rule on this, as far as im concern, the only rule ever enforced on crouch spaces if they were found impossible to break or be glitched.

I don't think they are realizing that this isn't in the rules. Usually how new admins learn is by watching what the older admins do by how THEY moderate the server. The whole thing that started with the banning of caded crouched areas, was started by Walter. ( I believe it was him I could be wrong, but he was the admin I heard first that spouted that fake rule. )

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
07-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Yeah I joined zmod for about 5 minutes today to help someone do something and the map was Highschool so I went under the stage because I wasn't planning on staying anyways and this kid starts yelling at me that i'm not allowed to use my primary in a crawl spot... i'm guessing an admin told him that.

It doesn't make any sense when admins say that because on maps like hospital you aren't allowed to pull that shelf in the pipe because it's a "crawl" spot, but then on maps like Desert Fortress with the pipe you can walk into you're allowed to pull a soda machine in there... it takes the same amount of difficulty to pull either of them out.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Yeah I joined zmod for about 5 minutes today to help someone do something and the map was Highschool so I went under the stage because I wasn't planning on staying anyways and this kid starts yelling at me that i'm not allowed to use my primary in a crawl spot... i'm guessing an admin told him that.

It doesn't make any sense when admins say that because on maps like hospital you aren't allowed to pull that shelf in the pipe because it's a "crawl" spot, but then on maps like Desert Fortress with the pipe you can walk into you're allowed to pull a soda machine in there... it takes the same amount of difficulty to pull either of them out.

i've never seen the shelf-pipe on hospital break. unless a dumbass shoots it.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
07-15-2010, 04:34 PM
i've never seen the shelf-pipe on hospital break. unless a dumbass shoots it.

All you have to do is hold E and pull...

acolyte_to_jippity
07-15-2010, 06:34 PM
All you have to do is hold E and pull...

...you do know this server doesn't have a "no shooting the zombies pulling your cade" rule, right?

the six fuckers w/ paras tend to make just hitting E a mite tricky...unless i've been doing it wrong. i'd love to see how you manage it. could help me out seriously

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
07-16-2010, 07:41 AM
...you do know this server doesn't have a "no shooting the zombies pulling your cade" rule, right?

the six fuckers w/ paras tend to make just hitting E a mite tricky...unless i've been doing it wrong. i'd love to see how you manage it. could help me out seriously

Yeah and all those idiots with paras usually all shoot at once too so you can pull while they are reloading, plus did I mention that these idiots have horrible aim and usually shoot it out themseleves? Oh wait! Or just nade it out!!

acolyte_to_jippity
07-16-2010, 08:22 AM
Yeah and all those idiots with paras usually all shoot at once too so you can pull while they are reloading, plus did I mention that these idiots have horrible aim and usually shoot it out themseleves? Oh wait! Or just nade it out!!

it also pulls slow as fuck though.

Wojonatior
07-17-2010, 03:21 PM
And if it pulled a cade apart in seconds, how much fun do you think that would be?

acolyte_to_jippity
07-17-2010, 09:59 PM
And if it pulled a cade apart in seconds, how much fun do you think that would be?

i'm just saying that it's not as simple as she makes it seem

X 1 Viper1
07-19-2010, 01:42 PM

In that point about pulling out the soda machine on desert fortress, and the bookshelf on hospital being the same you are terribly wrong. On hospital there is a wall in the way making it so you need to angle the bookshelf just to get it out, while on desert fortress all you need are 2 good deforms and the person in the pipe is powerless to stop you. Please know your facts before saying stuff, because now there may be some admin that will say putting the vender in the pipe is illegal even though it is very simple to remove as a zombie.:morons:

Craig Boner
07-19-2010, 11:45 PM
i too take games as seriously as "THE HOLY SH**"

THE HOLY SH**T!
07-20-2010, 01:02 PM
i too take games as seriously as "THE HOLY SH**"

i have a feeling, your going to get ban/lose admin before taz. :smirk:

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
07-20-2010, 01:16 PM
In that point about pulling out the soda machine on desert fortress, and the bookshelf on hospital being the same you are terribly wrong. On hospital there is a wall in the way making it so you need to angle the bookshelf just to get it out, while on desert fortress all you need are 2 good deforms and the person in the pipe is powerless to stop you. Please know your facts before saying stuff, because now there may be some admin that will say putting the vender in the pipe is illegal even though it is very simple to remove as a zombie.:morons:

Please don't be so ignorant, I was stating my opinion about about what people considered cading a "crawl spot" if some admin takes what I said and applies it as the law then they are just an idiot and shouldn't be an admin anyways.

Fireye
07-20-2010, 01:53 PM
2. Some admins have been sayign that the pre-round round is meant for fun, so dont slay people. So a regular went to hit forgive after the nade warm up round and it slayed another player. The admins saw this and decided to slay the player who slayed the guy who tk him on nade round. The player got upset, and said "What gives admin?" then the admin kick him. He didnt come back after that. There is no rule against this, so why do this shit...?

if any undiscuss rules ppl would like to talk about, please post here and lets have a conversation without a flame war.

Agreed 1000000%. There is no rule against slaying for the warmup round. Does it suck? Yes. But the option is given to all players. Until Zero says otherwise, and/or takes away the slay options for warmup round, it's FINE TO SLAY FOR WARMUP ROUND.

(I hope this leads to me getting more knives in the warmup round, instead of being teamnaded to death like usual)

hallwagner
07-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Agreed 1000000%. There is no rule against slaying for the warmup round. Does it suck? Yes. But the option is given to all players. Until Zero says otherwise, and/or takes away the slay options for warmup round, it's FINE TO SLAY FOR WARMUP ROUND.

(I hope this leads to me getting more knives in the warmup round, instead of being teamnaded to death like usual)

i do the same thing ;) stupid teamates need to aim their nades better

DeadEyeDeNNi$
07-20-2010, 06:49 PM

Or, another option is to stay in spec until nading is over then join!

Voila, no nade kills, no accidental slays, or intentional ones either :P

hallwagner
07-20-2010, 07:25 PM
Or, another option is to stay in spec until nading is over then join!

Voila, no nade kills, no accidental slays, or intentional ones either :P

you shouldnt have to do that, maybe we should just take off the tk punishment menu. i mean if a guy is intentionally tking alot, then just get an admin to ban him. i know for a fact theres always an ibis admin online or ingame, at least on my friends list

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-21-2010, 11:13 AM
you shouldnt have to do that, maybe we should just take off the tk punishment menu. i mean if a guy is intentionally tking alot, then just get an admin to ban him. i know for a fact theres always an ibis admin online or ingame, at least on my friends list

the amount of regularsa who add me to steam is ridiculous, i seriously think i handle being an admin fairly well.

the hours im on suit for the we hours of the night when most admins are not on.

and if another admin is "making up rules" simply direct them to the correct forum stating the rules that should be enforced.

this stupid tking thing is such a small minor thing, and the only thing that seems to get people pissed at any time is tking after warmup round.

IT IS NOT AGAINST THE RULES TO SLAY AFTER WARMUP ROUND

camping is simple, no exsesive camping.

devour
07-21-2010, 12:11 PM
hopefully i dont get kicked anymore for slaying someone who tk's me on warmup round from now on. dont toss nades if you dont know how to control them.

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-21-2010, 12:23 PM
hopefully i dont get kicked anymore for slaying someone who tk's me on warmup round from now on. dont toss nades if you dont know how to control them.

who kicked you, it isnt against the rules lol
thus you shouldnt of been kicked.

devour
07-21-2010, 01:20 PM
i dont remember. dont really care enough to argue it, i just went somewhere else. i normally play with "voice_enable 0" and "hud_saytext 0" so if there was any verbal/written warning i didn't hear/see it.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-21-2010, 01:25 PM
i dont remember. dont really care enough to argue it, i just went somewhere else. i normally play with "voice_enable 0" and "hud_saytext 0" so if there was any verbal/written warning i didn't hear/see it.

and sooo...
we can't warn you? smart

devour
07-21-2010, 01:29 PM
i normally read the rules before i start to play on a server, that way i make sure not to do anything against the rules and i can go on my merry way without disturbing anyone else's gameplay experience, and need no warning from any admins. when i play in the pub i normally leave saytext on because the crowd there tends to be more mature and less annoying than the GG crowd.

Fireye
07-21-2010, 03:41 PM
You need hud text on, at the very least. Otherwise, you really have no recourse if an admin tries to talk to you about something and you don't respond.

devour
07-21-2010, 05:19 PM
ill turn it on just for you fireye.

anex
11-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Thread needs review for some people. I swear to god, next time an admin no clips and tags me because of a bullshit rule... I am going to go ape shit on him.

THE HOLY SH**T!
11-26-2010, 04:40 PM
Thread needs review for some people. I swear to god, next time an admin no clips and tags me because of a bullshit rule... I am going to go ape shit on him.

hahahaha

this thread should be a sticky.

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-05-2010, 07:07 AM
i hereby declare a new rule

"with the exception of admins and clan members, players may not use there microphone until spoken to"

:o

CYBER
12-05-2010, 07:38 AM
i hereby declare a new rule

"with the exception of admins and clan members, players may not use there microphone until spoken to"

:o

mikey, considering the fact that u dnt let anyone else take a turn at the mic when u;re there , u dnt really need that rule :P
then again... i have a few ppl that arent trying to be rude, but are just tryign to talk with a shitty mic...and u sometimes have to mute them....:S
is there anyone to turn their audio off but leave them with chat only?
(thats a question for zero, bcos i know that in source mod u can either mute or gag someone... one mutes alll, other only puts a sock in their mouth so u can have a more peaceful game...

acolyte_to_jippity
12-05-2010, 02:49 PM
mikey, considering the fact that u dnt let anyone else take a turn at the mic when u;re there , u dnt really need that rule :P
then again... i have a few ppl that arent trying to be rude, but are just tryign to talk with a shitty mic...and u sometimes have to mute them....:S
is there anyone to turn their audio off but leave them with chat only?
(thats a question for zero, bcos i know that in source mod u can either mute or gag someone... one mutes alll, other only puts a sock in their mouth so u can have a more peaceful game...

not with mani.

Sinsanity
08-22-2011, 06:05 AM
So this rule on cading crouch spots is legal then? I would like to know for sure since I'm prolly one of these idiot admins, I've been kicked by an admin (not sure who) and frowned upon by other players on the server back before I purchased admin. So I figured it wasn't allowed at all since most of the time it's found impossible to break. (i.e. highschool, the secret red room where you can use bookshelf to cade the crouch entrance).

I only found only some exceptions (that I was told were excpetion) you can only cade a crouch spot if there is more than 1 entrance, and you can cade it on the outside (which makes no sense really).

So I just want to get this cleared, because like you said there is no rule on this, so I can enforce it next time I'm in game.

Is cading a crouch spot legal?

Sinsanity
08-22-2011, 06:41 AM
Actually, I found my answer. :)

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/5831-Zm-Rules-v2.1

From what it looks like, cading a crouch spot is indeed illegal if you're cading all entrances, which could mean you cant cade a spot with 1 crouch entrance. (Even if its a room where you can stand up, but there only being 1 entrance being a crouch entrance)

And you cant use a money crate to cade. however thats a tough one because it says "(IE Being used as barricade support for other props)" so does that mean it can be used the way its used in highschool to cade that big entrance on the stage by itself without any other props?

slipstream
08-22-2011, 07:29 AM
What is the limit to the number of people in a 1 entrance crouch spot, 2 entrance crouch spot?

I would like to assume that if there is only 1 entrance, 2 people is too many, but 1 is never enough, damn it, need 1.5 people, but anyway, 2 should seem plenty. With the speed and hp of some zombies, a zombie train on 2 people should in theory eventually win over the guns, but there are always stupid zombies. With 2 entrances, 3 people should be more than enough, mainly because the zombies are usually split up trying to get into both entrances.

The one lilpanic map with the double ended curved vent is always a problem, especially since people like to push a vending machine in as well as loading it up with 6-8 people. Just an example.

Sinsanity
08-22-2011, 07:42 AM
I don't think there is a limit by rule because the amount of people in a spot can work its.advantages to both favors of either the humans or Zombies. Having alot can mean great resistance or too many means less room for you and more room for error.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-22-2011, 08:46 AM
What is the limit to the number of people in a 1 entrance crouch spot, 2 entrance crouch spot?

2 per entrance. read the rules topic

I don't think there is a limit by rule because the amount of people in a spot can work its.advantages to both favors of either the humans or Zombies. Having alot can mean great resistance or too many means less room for you and more room for error.

2 per entrance. read the rules topic. you're an admin, you should know that topic by heart ffs. i understand you're new. well until you know what the established rules are, you shouldn't be saying things in rule topics. if you don't agree withone of the rules, post a suggestion to change it. but as of now, it's 2 per entrance

Sinsanity
08-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Well you are right I should know this being an admin, im still pretty much in training so you are going to have be patient with me. I do read the rules but I wont remember every single detail done to the bone right away. In time ill be there but.thank you for the correction.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Well you are right I should know this being an admin, im still pretty much in training so you are going to have be patient with me. I do read the rules but I wont remember every single detail done to the bone right away. In time ill be there but.thank you for the correction.

dude, i understand. everyone starts out like you (sadly). not many new admins are regulars who already know the rules. but oh well. it's just like if a person posts an intro topic, their first post afterwards is in someone else's intro topic saying "hey, welcome to ibis! enjoy your stay here!!" they're new. not the welcoming wagon.

Sinsanity
08-22-2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the understanding im trying not to give new administration a bad name. It seems there are plenty enough out there who do it already. Ill do my best

Rosie
08-22-2011, 10:26 AM
[QUOTE=slipstream;112826]What is the limit to the number of people in a 1 entrance crouch spot, 2 entrance crouch spot?QUOTE]

As Aco said it is 2 per entrance. The issue with the stage is odd. There is a second entrance that is caded with a moneycrate. To me that wouyld be considered closed. So then there is only 1 entrance. The reall issue is that there are 2 people who are well within the rules by being in there. So who do you force to get out.

Bane of Soldiers
08-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Yeah I was sorta thinking in the same lines as Rosie.....the "two people" per crouch entrance would be hard to enforce wouldn't it? I mean, you can say "first come first serve," but how could you know who the first two were when there's six of them? No one's going to pipe up "I wasn't in here first." And you can't slay/kick/freeze/punish to any of those players. Even if you could get the first two people into the crouch area to block out all other players, there is always the problem of a player patiently sitting in front of the blocker until he/she moves, which will either end up with >2 players in the area or the murder of all humans in that area, to the frustration of all players. And it's difficult to block on maps like Snoopie, since there are two WIDE entrances that makes blocking hard....this rule seems like a real hassle to deal with, but it's a good one. Truth to be told, I sneak into the Snoopie area often even when there were over 4 players. But I will say that I contribute nothing to defense, I just duck around in the back until an opportunity arises when I can replace a defense slot :ball:

Has this rule always been for all crouch spots? When I first joined the server, the admins only enforced 2 per tube because any more would kill the humans......

slipstream
08-22-2011, 11:10 AM
On highschool, the stage is actually an easy spot to infect humans, propped with those easily moved boxes or not. It's just too big inside, so a bunch of fast zombies could get in and it's all over. That is with 1-2 people, even 3 people it would be fairly easy. I find that 1 person in a tube is more than enough, having 2 people, providing neither are complete morons, is too much, usually are quite a few newbs on though.

If there are too many people in a spot, and everyone claims to be there first, or no one speaks up at all, just teleport them all to the spawn point. No need to freeze, kick or slay. Give them a fighting chance.

Bane of Soldiers
08-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Oh and there's always a problem with players who will stack a crouch area on purpose and hope that the zombification of players near them will put them into legal status of the area. But what if they don't get zombies in their area? No one's going to get up and leave their spot. And even if they get some zombies, the zombie usually gets suppressed and no natural selection of humans occurs within the area and they still end up with a stacked number (This post is in mind to the stage at zm_tx_highschool, behind the computer on zm_miniatureroom, and the U-shaped crouched spot on zm_snoopie_711_final, various locations on zm_roytheship, the long vent on zm_lego, a location on zm_penumbraextended, two locations on zm_holdoutmountain_fixed.... Oh, and thinking back, the platforms above the water on zm_pulsetempleofdoom also qualifies as a crouch spot......)

Lolololol Zombie Mod's a mess :icon_biggrin:

maynard
08-22-2011, 11:15 AM
exact reason I don't like the rule... there's no way 2 know for sure who was actually in a tube vent first... all the rule will accomplish is pissing admins off constantly and giving them more work and shit 2 deal with... the idea is good as it would make things more balanced and fair... but the issue of actually enforcing and dealing with it would be a nightmare and imo seems 2 out weight the benefit of the rule it's self.

rezel said there's only a couple maps the rule only really needs 2 be for... so it would make sense 2 have the rule if anything limited 2 those maps... if we make a generic rule 2 per entrance 4 per 2 entrance... well... damn near every cade map is going 2 just be a bitch fest...

Bane of Soldiers
08-22-2011, 11:25 AM
exact reason I don't like the rule... there's no way 2 know for sure who was actually in a tube vent first... all the rule will accomplish is pissing admins off constantly and giving them more work and shit 2 deal with... the idea is good as it would make things more balanced and fair... but the issue of actually enforcing and dealing with it would be a nightmare and imo seems 2 out weight the benefit of the rule it's self.

rezel said there's only a couple maps the rule only really needs 2 be for... so it would make sense 2 have the rule if anything limited 2 those maps... if we make a generic rule 2 per entrance 4 per 2 entrance... well... damn near every cade map is going 2 just be a bitch fest...

:wtg:

Sinsanity
08-22-2011, 11:29 AM
It would cause a bit of an uproar to the players especially since of them are used to.stacking up in thesekind of places. What are we going to do about? Two per couch entrance or.2 per crouch spot?

acolyte_to_jippity
08-22-2011, 11:31 AM

well, 'tube vents' normally would refer to tubes/vents that are single-file. aka, can't walk past people, aka, it's easy to see who's first. and i think we need a special rule for the snoopie vent. it's just WAY too cheap.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

It would cause a bit of an uproar to the players especially since of them are used to.stacking up in thesekind of places. What are we going to do about? Two per couch entrance or.2 per crouch spot?

since the rule distinctly states 2 per entrance...

Bane of Soldiers
08-22-2011, 11:36 AM
If there are too many people in a spot, and everyone claims to be there first, or no one speaks up at all, just teleport them all to the spawn point. No need to freeze, kick or slay. Give them a fighting chance.

Teleporting all of the humans to the spawn, imo, is unjust, especially when there are some that can claim they got in first....even more so if zombies are already running around, especially fast zombies.....

On highschool, the stage is actually an easy spot to infect humans, propped with those easily moved boxes or not. It's just too big inside, so a bunch of fast zombies could get in and it's all over. That is with 1-2 people, even 3 people it would be fairly easy.

Give those three people under the stage the knockback gods aka p90s, m249s, and pumps or the quick reloading ak and a long attention span and you should reconsider the ease of getting in with just fast zombies. Fast zombies have around 2000 health. From experience, the highest I've hit with a pump was in the 800s. For a m249, a headshot = 130 easy. The P90 can hit 100-200 no problem. The ak can give nasty knockback and 130 with it. These of course, are harder to achieve under the stage, but the potential for damage all the bullets in one clip is devastating, so two and three clips is beyond "faily easy"......that aside, i dont see how this really involves controlling the numbers on crouch spot areas,

I find that 1 person in a tube is more than enough, having 2 people, providing neither are complete morons, is too much, usually are quite a few newbs on though.

Lol, two is a bitch, but doable. A deformed + classic = rape. Or a classic zombie train. You must be some insane zm player if one person is more than enough. Reload's a bitch on the p90 and m249, and even on the pump and auto shotty. The faster reloading ak has a fair chance, if you don't have deformed or fast zombies that glitch their hitbox, or other zombies that can maneuver very well. The smg's besides the p90 have a nice reload, but have terrible damage dealt and knockback. Pistols aren't worth too much. You're stupid if you solo with a sniper rifle. The other assault rifles are compromises between clip size, knockback, damage, and reload speed. Not a good thing

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Lolololol Zombie Mod's a mess :icon_biggrin:

One more time! :lmao:

Sinsanity
08-22-2011, 11:37 AM
While we are on the.subject I got a question about pulling objects into you on a single file pipe. I don't remember which level I was. It was one of those levels with a floating platform. But there.was.a.large cement pipe where you can stand in. I've seen people in there with a soda machine dragged into them. The zombies can't get.him unless the pull the.object out. But he's firing and pulling back at the same time. That is considered legal?

maynard
08-22-2011, 11:41 AM
either way, zero will be going over it in the next few days and making a ruling regarding the rule. I was also never told "tube vents" from the person who wrote the rule... just that it applied 2 all vents/crouch spots.... not sure if that's changed now or what, but either way like I siad, zero will be looking into this soon enough.

Bane of Soldiers
08-22-2011, 11:45 AM
While we are on the.subject I got a question about pulling objects into you on a single file pipe. I don't remember which level I was. It was one of those levels with a floating platform. But there.was.a.large cement pipe where you can stand in. I've seen people in there with a soda machine dragged into them. The zombies can't get.him unless the pull the.object out. But he's firing and pulling back at the same time. That is considered legal?
That would be zm_desertfortress. Bitch of a spot, but it's doable. Round up two deformed and attack him. While the other zombies are distracting the human, have the deformed zombies start pulling. The deformed can't be seen from the humans' vantage point, and the human can't pull and shoot. It's almost guaranteed that the person in there will shoot at the other zombies because mostly only rank whores and very high ranking players use that spot. Problems might arise though, because in recent months, I've seen players assemble a team of two or three in there and they all work together to pull and fire. When that spot first arose in popularity, players would solo that spot. But even with a team, unless they are all serious rank whore 1337 persons (lol..), they might panic at two deformed pulling their machine while several zombies are running around, and are prone to either shoot the vending machine in desperation or throw a nade. Only the cool-headed last in there

acolyte_to_jippity
08-22-2011, 11:45 AM

as long as it's not a single-entrance crouch spot, it should be fine. remember, "difficult" only equals "impossible" when you're a lazy fucktard.

Sinsanity
08-22-2011, 11:49 AM
This one was a single entrance so from what you are saying its illegal and ill be sure to enforce. Intention.al trapping zombies via teleported or door to kill them is legal of course?

slipstream
08-22-2011, 11:51 AM
I actually do consider myself an excellent ZM player. Providing no one follows, or the zombie does not find me first I can set up an actual cade that will usually withstand zombie attacks, and usually not in some cheap spot either. As a zombie, on highschool, the stage is a bad spot, for humans, 3 humans vs 3 zombies, (no stupid players) and zombies should win. 3 fast zombies, zombies will most definitely win.

In a tube or vent, with an AK (my venting weapon of choice) it is very easy to defend because it reloads fast. Zombie trains, bring it on, AK does a lot of damage. Zombies getting too close, nows the time to throw your nade right in front of you to know them out. When they begin to train again, most are heavily damaged, and now you should be getting kills. After 3-4 kills, there might not be enough zombies, or the right classes to train properly.

There is one map too, no clue what its called, but underground there is a room with great big huge boxes, and they do move pretty easily with nades and some guns, but once the humans get just once box on an angle in the doorway, zombies cannot get in. Zombies cannot push the box because its too big. Is this an illegal cade? I think zombies can glitch through the box, but that seems a bit unreasonable to have to do.

Bane of Soldiers
08-22-2011, 11:53 AM
This one was a single entrance so from what you are saying its illegal and ill be sure to enforce. Intention.al trapping zombies via teleported or door to kill them is legal of course?

Errr no, the spot that you described DOES have only one entrance, but it is not a crouch spot entrance, thus it wouldn't be illegal......I've never seen problems with "fishing" as many admins partake in it, so I'm judging trapping is perfectly legitimate....

Sinsanity
08-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Ok that sums up that. Good to.know

Bane of Soldiers
08-22-2011, 12:05 PM
I actually do consider myself an excellent ZM player. Providing no one follows, or the zombie does not find me first I can set up an actual cade that will usually withstand zombie attacks, and usually not in some cheap spot either. As a zombie, on highschool, the stage is a bad spot, for humans, 3 humans vs 3 zombies, (no stupid players) and zombies should win. 3 fast zombies, zombies will most definitely win.

In a tube or vent, with an AK (my venting weapon of choice) it is very easy to defend because it reloads fast. Zombie trains, bring it on, AK does a lot of damage. Zombies getting too close, nows the time to throw your nade right in front of you to know them out. When they begin to train again, most are heavily damaged, and now you should be getting kills. After 3-4 kills, there might not be enough zombies, or the right classes to train properly.

There is one map too, no clue what its called, but underground there is a room with great big huge boxes, and they do move pretty easily with nades and some guns, but once the humans get just once box on an angle in the doorway, zombies cannot get in. Zombies cannot push the box because its too big. Is this an illegal cade? I think zombies can glitch through the box, but that seems a bit unreasonable to have to do.

Great weapon choice, but I still think that soloing in a tube like that of zm_lilapanic_v2 would be difficult. Even if the ak does a lot, three knowledgeable classics will make you run for your money. There are also fast zombies who spam their space bar in vents, which in effect glitch their hitbox out so you can't get headshots and making their knockback nil. Then there are deformed zombies. I can't think of any incident where a full health deformed zombie was z'training a single human and that human killed the deformed. The deformed, if not alpha, has 6500 hp and virtually no knockback. Their head hitbox is harder to hit, and the ak generally does half the headshot damage on a deformed than on a classic....

Sorry I'm not trying to doubt you, all of this is just imo on zombiemod. And the only map that comes to mind that you described is zm_churchofmint, there is a spot underground with a huge ass crate that is easier to move with a m249 and/or nade

acolyte_to_jippity
08-22-2011, 02:15 PM

not crouch spot, not illiegal. plus it's easy as hell to break in there.

also, trapping zombies is a time-tested strategy that has always and will always be allowed. only possible exceptions would be blocking a map's teleporter so they get stuck immediately upon exiting teleport

Bane of Soldiers
08-22-2011, 02:49 PM
only possible exceptions would be blocking a map's teleporter so they get stuck immediately upon exiting teleport

....is this referring to teleports such as those on penumbraextended and csk4corners? because I know that some zombies are able to avoid being trapped by props at the end of a teleport by some technique that I'd like to learn...when they use the map's teleport they are able to teleport and appear as if they jumped out of the prop, thus being free unless there was another prop on top of that one......I know naked saturday and chris young know how to do it.....

Sinsanity
08-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Ok do for example, four_corners map if a zombie uses the teleporter, and exits through the otherside but is stuck because a human stacked a soda machine on the exit point, thats considered illegal?

Rosie
08-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Until the deformed gets changed somewhat this thread is nil. The new attempt at the old deformed will rape the best tubers in there favorite spot.

And the large walk-in tube on D. Fortress is pretty easy to break if you know how.

Bane of Soldiers
08-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Yeah I was thinking about the new uprising popularity of the deformed, that stacked crouch spots might not be a deal anymore, but in some cases that still doesnt work out....like in snoopie....and pulsetempleofdoom, and highschool, and minitrue room. Those spots wreck even alpha deformeds.....

Steamer
08-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Ok do for example, four_corners map if a zombie uses the teleporter, and exits through the otherside but is stuck because a human stacked a soda machine on the exit point, thats considered illegal?

If there is only one entrance point, then yes.

The new rule is fair and balanced, but as said will be a bitch to enforce. Snoopie definitely needs it for its deep double vent or something of the like as it is just a big dance in spawn as zombie fest. A lot of other spots could use it that are easily enforced. IE: Vans with a crouch spot, double / single sided tube, under small stairs or stages, ect. As a general it will be easier to enforce on more spots then not. As for the bitchy spots that will be a pain to deal with (Highschool stage [doable with many people because of small visible area], Snoopie dual vent [rediculously cheap with even 6 people], maybe admins should discuss such spot in the Zmod map section.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-22-2011, 05:34 PM
i'm not entirely sure there is a rule against blocking a teleporter exit, yet

Bane of Soldiers
08-22-2011, 05:50 PM
i'm not entirely sure there is a rule against blocking a teleporter exit, yet

Imo, I feel there isn't a strong need for one

Steamer
08-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Oh, well there should be. Some tele spots are impossible to get into to when caded. Will have to remember them and post up.

I know when people cade up a spawn area I get pretty pissed, especially if I am a zombie.

Bane of Soldiers
08-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Oh, well there should be. Some tele spots are impossible to get into to when caded. Will have to remember them and post up.

I know when people cade up a spawn area I get pretty pissed, especially if I am a zombie.

Haha that happened to me like two weeks ago. I was deformed on holdout mountain and I ztele'd into a vending machine. After two minutes of pleading, no one helped me out and the map ended :bs:

elpolloloco
08-23-2011, 05:31 PM
I was playing T on compound (a hostie map) on Pub and was camping hostage room.

It was just me and one CT left. I was doing my objective, guarding the hosties. The CT wasn't. He was just dicking around.

Instead of saying "Do the objective" PWNAGE used adminspeak to say "he's camping hostie room". There's no rule against camping hostage room as a terrorist. And if he didn't like it, he should have told me to stop first instead of just blowing up my spot.

I think some admins don't realize what constitutes genuine camping and when you're doing your objective. Anywho I complained and got muted for it. At which point I switched teams to hs team and blasted him in the face and got banned. That's another story though :)

Just thought I'd mention, some admins seem to make their own rules, thinking everyone HAS TO RUSH.

Steamer
08-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Ghosting, not knowing how to play or admin pub, rage. FAIL!

pwnage
08-23-2011, 06:19 PM
I was playing T on compound (a hostie map) on Pub and was camping hostage room.

It was just me and one CT left. I was doing my objective, guarding the hosties. The CT wasn't. He was just dicking around.

Instead of saying "Do the objective" PWNAGE used adminspeak to say "he's camping hostie room". There's no rule against camping hostage room as a terrorist. And if he didn't like it, he should have told me to stop first instead of just blowing up my spot.

I think some admins don't realize what constitutes genuine camping and when you're doing your objective. Anywho I complained and got muted for it. At which point I switched teams to hs team and blasted him in the face and got banned. That's another story though :)

Just thought I'd mention, some admins seem to make their own rules, thinking everyone HAS TO RUSH.

ok first off, this guy (the ct) was just wondering around doing absolutely nothing. He had been doing it for SEVERAL rounds before. I said he was in the hostie room so we could get the game going. I asked multiple times verbally and in chat for him to do the objective. Then, this other guy goes on a rage and starts bitching at me about how I was ghosting, at which point I explained to him why I said it, then he continued to rant and rave at me. I then temp muted him and told him that he needed to chill. He then LEFT GAME, not changed teams, in order to get around the mute. So I banned him for 10 minutes. If he doesn't like it then too bad, post an admin abuse thread. I did what I felt was needed. The round actually ended BEFORE the ct even got what I meant by hostie room through his thick skull.

Steamer
08-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Slay CT for not doing objective, not ghost the one actually doing what he is suppose to. Problem would not have happened. If he doesn't like it, not too bad. You are not above him nor any other player. If he went off, maybe he should of and talked in a calmer matter and you should of "punished" the right person. I would be pretty pissed myself.

Leaving does not reverse mute in any other server. Is this so for PUB?

pwnage
08-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Slay CT for not doing objective, not ghost the one actually doing what he is suppose to. Problem would not have happened. If he doesn't like it, not too bad. You are not above him nor any other player. If he went off, maybe he should of and talked in a calmer matter and you should of "punished" the right person. I would be pretty pissed myself.

Leaving does not reverse mute in any other server. Is this so for PUB?
I never said I was above him or any other player, nor did I ever imply that. And what I did is not something to get pissed about given the scenario. It didn't even result in the T being killed or even getting in an interaction with anyone. The other people on CT as well as T were fine with what I did and had no problem with it, so yes, if one individual player doesn't like something I did and is going to go off the handle at be after I said to chill then yes I am going to mute him, and I don't give a crap whether a reverse mute can happen or not, whatever he did it unmuted him and he kept giving me shit. So yes, it is too bad if he doesn't like it. It was only one round and everyone else was telling him verbally anyway. Don't give me shit when you don't know the context.

Steamer
08-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Why the fuck would you ghost out the T doing the right thing rather than slaying the fucking CT being retarded. What you did is something to get pissed about. I would of bitched you out the same.

You seem mad.

Asinine.

pwnage
08-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Why the fuck would you ghost out the T doing the right thing rather than slaying the fucking CT being retarded. What you did is something to get pissed about. I would of bitched you out the same.

You seem mad.

Asinine.

I didn't even originally ghost him out, I said it after almost everyone else already told him. Not something to get mad at one person about. Maybe everyone who ghosted, but not one individual.

And yes, I am mad.

Asinine.

Steamer
08-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Then I'd be equally pissed at everyone and rage leave for a few min before I went ballistic... lol

Rezel
08-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Please try not to bring up old posts from 2010, If you wish to bring up a subject put it in a new topic, not something a year old..

As for that particular rule; I am currently trying to reword it so that it's clearer on what its objective is. The main point of this rule is to keep the game play moving, if you get too many people in the vent zombies tend to give up.
Though this was its objective it has both pro's which up the play, and cons which make it trouble. Hopefully I will be able to fully clarify this so that we will have no more issues.

pwnage
08-24-2011, 05:19 AM
Then I'd be equally pissed at everyone and rage leave for a few min before I went ballistic... lol

Listen, Steamer, I don't want to continue to fight with you. I don't feel that I should have to fight with you. In the time since this incident, I've realized I probably should have just slayed CT. However, given the scenario, I don't think it was fair to be mad at me and only me when I was one of the last ones, out of an entire group of people, to say where el pollo was. Though I believe that he still deserved to be muted because he wasn't listening to me telling him to chill. Do I think he should have been banned? No. There are other ways to handle situations like that than to just ban someone. HOWEVER, that being said, when you place a temporary mute on someone, I am pretty sure you get unmuted, at least thats what happened to me when I tried it on myself. And I banned him for that, more than anything else. He purposefully got around a mute that had been issued to him from an admin. And, the ban was only for 10 min, which should have been nothing compared to the other 13 bans that he has on record.

So Steamer, I thought we had a relatively good relationship and would like to keep that going. As a fellow admin and community member we all need to work together to keep the servers a place that people want to keep coming back. And el pollo, if you're reading this, let's not hold a grudge. I've said that I could have handled it differently and I will stick by that.

elpolloloco
08-24-2011, 09:51 AM
, at which point I explained to him why I said it,

No, you didn't.

And why not just slay the asshole that was dicking around if he didn't follow orders

Rezel
08-24-2011, 09:59 AM
I am going to close this topic, Since its already ninja reviving a old post, and doesnt seem to have any topic whatsoever.

As for the Zombiemod issue, I will make a post so that you guys can comment on ideas on the rule directly, and the issue between admins; If there is an issue with you two then you need to take it to the appropriate forum, else handle it.