PDA

View Full Version : Admin respect

DeadEyeDeNNi$
07-17-2010, 11:47 PM
Admins --- You REALLY need to learn respect for each other because if you do not have respect for each other then how in the world will you be able to have respect for the players on our servers???

BTW,,, Have you all looked at the TOS, and rules that you "SAID" that you'd abide by when you undertook the admin position???

I think not because when I was in GG tonight I was absolutely sick to my stomach about the dissention commentary against each other that I could no longer play the game... That in itself is really pretty bad..

Reflect, take a breather, a small hiatus, or whatever, because if I see that shit happening in any server again, I will MOS DEF make a demo and ask the 'Z" to relook his administration and their lack of responsibility, because you set the MOST terrible example for any other players that there is to get more people to play on our servers by your total dissention toward each other that it is absolutely despicable!

PS~ Time frame was during the 1 hour prior to this post

[UA] Mos Def
07-18-2010, 01:00 AM
Deadeye, I was in during the period you just spoke of and I couldn't agree with what you said about it more. I stuck around for a few more rounds, but I couldn't take it very long either before I left. I haven't seen you on in awhile, but unfortunately this type of thing is going on EVERY DAY and EVERY NIGHT, it is never ending.....not until about 4 a.m. my time do I actually have fun playing with some of the members and admins who actually are here to have fun and not act like complete idiots.....I hope this doesn't go on for much longer because I fear lots of quality players are going to be looking elsewhere for a server that isn't filled with such shit......

Christmas
07-18-2010, 01:03 AM
You mad dennis

Also i made a demo alredy

taz1stP
07-18-2010, 01:57 AM
this stuff wont end tell zero makes it so that admin have to earn the right to get it instead of just buying it that is about the only way he will get this shit to stop.

Vladninja
07-18-2010, 02:04 AM
this stuff wont end tell zero makes it so that admin have to earn the right to get it instead of just buying it that is about the only way he will get this shit to stop.

You have no right to comment. Just from reading the admin abuse section you are one of the problem admins on IBIS.
I have never play'd with you and hope you have the common sense if you ever see me in game to act right. Otherwise I will take care of the problem real quick.

OnEyEdMaN
07-18-2010, 02:25 AM
You have no right to comment. Just from reading the admin abuse section you are one of the problem admins on IBIS.
I have never play'd with you and hope you have the common sense if you ever see me in game to act right. Otherwise I will take care of the problem real quick.

i think he's asking to remove his admin dont you think? +9000!

taz1stP
07-18-2010, 02:49 AM
no i was just saying that b/c if you look at any outer sever that has admin that have to try out and then pay monthly there severs run with less turmoil then this sever does and a big thing is that the old admin don't do shit to help the new admin out with stuff they just give them admin then let them at it. if the older admin showed the new admin how they should act there might be less problems down the road.
and also you have played with me in gg once.

Rage
07-18-2010, 06:21 AM
Like I've said many a time before, SCREEN ADMINS!

With that being said, I hear ya on the respect thing. These newer admins believe they automatically gain respect because they pay $11/month. Thats not how it works ladies and gentlemen! Respect is earned. I can't say all too much myself, since I've only been admin for 7-8 months, but I give respect where respect is due, abide by the TOS, and genuinly care. Thats why if you ask many of the regulars, I was a good admin and fun, but still got shit done.

Sadly tho, my CSS is still fucked up hardcore :(

hallwagner
07-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Like I've said many a time before, SCREEN ADMINS!

With that being said, I hear ya on the respect thing. These newer admins believe they automatically gain respect because they pay $11/month. Thats not how it works ladies and gentlemen! Respect is earned. I can't say all too much myself, since I've only been admin for 7-8 months, but I give respect where respect is due, abide by the TOS, and genuinly care. Thats why if you ask many of the regulars, I was a good admin and fun, but still got shit done.

Sadly tho, my CSS is still fucked up hardcore :(

stop being poor and buy a new computer rage!!!

DeadEyeDeNNi$
07-18-2010, 09:54 AM
You mad dennis

Also i made a demo alredy

Did you do sound loopback as well? Will you send it to Zero plz? Or post it in the members only section for all the IBIS members to see.
Thanks in advance.

Tragedy
07-18-2010, 10:21 AM
screen admins - problem 50% solved. make sure you actually have them follow the TOS and rules - other 50% of problem solved.

not only does IBIS allow individuals to acquire admin just by throwing a few bones their way, but they are also ridiculously lenient on the TOS/rules when it comes to admins. in my time with ibis, i have seen an absurd amount of admins get away with murder time and time again; even when it is put out in the open by multiple demos and multiple players complaining about it.

:twocents: everyone knows this thread won't change anything regardless, but i felt like trollin' a bit today. :wtg:

hallwagner
07-18-2010, 10:34 AM
screen admins - problem 50% solved. make sure you actually have them follow the TOS and rules - other 50% of problem solved.

not only does IBIS allow individuals to acquire admin just by throwing a few bones their way, but they are also ridiculously lenient on the TOS/rules when it comes to admins. in my time with ibis, i have seen an absurd amount of admins get away with murder time and time again; even when it is put out in the open by multiple demos and multiple players complaining about it.

:twocents: everyone knows this thread won't change anything regardless, but i felt like trollin' a bit today. :wtg:

you ever gonna come back and play tragedy? i miss u :P

Tragedy
07-18-2010, 10:39 AM
lol...NEVER! :violin:

Christmas
07-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Did you do sound loopback as well? Will you send it to Zero plz? Or post it in the members only section for all the IBIS members to see.
Thanks in advance.

I have 4 hours of footage so thta may take some time to sift through the dems.

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-18-2010, 11:29 AM
what the fuck happened this weekend when i was gone?

Christmas
07-18-2010, 11:31 AM
what the fuck happened this weekend when i was gone?

You missed a doosy.

There were 10 admins on (jig, whyt, and rape made appearances) and it was at least 4 hours of non-stop talking, yelling, guffawing and the like.

I'm making a montage.

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-18-2010, 12:28 PM
a montage eh, cant wait!

XX0wnsXY
07-18-2010, 02:18 PM
My behavior wasn't the best..but i was drunk and i am also not an admin anymore.

and for the record, whyt knows i was fucking around with him...so anything said was not to be taken so seriously. Especially last night. Most of you know me and know I don't normally act like that and the mass amounts of alcohol had a lot to do with that.

OnEyEdMaN
07-18-2010, 02:36 PM
My behavior wasn't the best..but i was drunk and i am also not an admin anymore.

me too.. :)

taz1stP
07-18-2010, 03:14 PM

and for the record, whyt knows i was fucking around with him...so anything said was not to be taken so seriously. Especially last night. Most of you know me and know I don't normally act like that and the mass amounts of alcohol had a lot to do with that.

why arnt you a admin any more?

XX0wnsXY
07-18-2010, 03:42 PM
why arnt you a admin any more?

I just didn't resub.

Nemesis
07-18-2010, 04:05 PM
I just didn't resub.

you should.

XX0wnsXY
07-18-2010, 04:16 PM
you should.

I will sometime soon.

taz1stP
07-18-2010, 04:33 PM
what would this sever be like with out owns?

Rage
07-18-2010, 07:12 PM
It would be the same way it was before 0wns...

0wns is an awesome admin. Pretty chill without a doubt.

But regardless, screening admins would make a huge difference. That way you can weed out the retards who can't handle the power.

maynard
07-18-2010, 07:32 PM
screening admins would make a huge difference.

or we could change the TOS, and have it state that the first several months are like a probation period, and then enforce stricter punishments on those who buy admin and start abusing and being a problem right away.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-18-2010, 07:34 PM
or we could change the TOS, and have it state that the first several months are like a probation period, and then enforce stricter punishments on those who buy admin and start abusing and being a problem right away.

this.

mag36
07-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Part of the problem Ive sseen is people buying admin just so older admins cant ban them, and then they realize "OH I can do anything i want" those people are not there to improve the quality of Ibis but just to get by without being punished in-game . So s ToS updated rules could help fix that. Like a 3 month probational peri0od or something were admins can still restrict the new ones.

boomer0901
07-18-2010, 10:29 PM
Admins should also respect over ppl's game play as long as they are not breaking rules, and not this "you know who I am" crap, all I hear is I'm an admin I can disrespect anyone because I'm an admin and If I harass you, you can't harass me back, otherwise I'll ban you for disrespecting an admin. And it's not just the new admins there are a few older ones that abuse this power as well.

Carina
07-19-2010, 01:59 AM
Admins should also respect over ppl's game play as long as they are not breaking rules, and not this "you know who I am" crap, all I hear is I'm an admin I can disrespect anyone because I'm an admin and If I harass you, you can't harass me back, otherwise I'll ban you for disrespecting an admin. And it's not just the new admins there are a few older ones that abuse this power as well.

+1 :wtg:

DeadEyeDeNNi$
07-19-2010, 09:53 AM

I agree Maynard, but that would only be a start. I've been hearing about a new structured admin system now for several months and not to be pushy about it but now is the time that we need this to happen with all the conflicts we have to get back on track and clean house!

Tickle Me Emo
07-22-2010, 11:07 PM

I'd like to +1 this as well, because I've seen it and heard about it happening, and it really shouldn't happen. If you're going to dish out crap to other players for no reason, expect to receive it back, don't turn into a vagina (no offense to the ladies) and cry about admin disrespect.

I know regular players can come to the forums and complain and blah blah blah it doesn't matter because it shouldn't happen in the first place.

Christmas
07-23-2010, 12:31 AM
I'd like to +1 this as well, because I've seen it and heard about it happening, and it really shouldn't happen. If you're going to dish out crap to other players for no reason, expect to receive it back, don't turn into a vagina (no offense to the ladies) and cry about admin disrespect.

I know regular players can come to the forums and complain and blah blah blah it doesn't matter because it shouldn't happen in the first place.

The thing is regulars need to know the difference between a light-hearted jab and a full out attack on another person.

Insulting an admin for being annoying is not the way to go about things, and I have seen it happen many times.

Jaz
08-14-2010, 06:04 PM
Well i'm thinking its about time i hop into the forums. I purchased admin originally because an admin was being a douche to me while playing. I'm a father of 5 kids so my tolerance level for some of the BS is pretty low. I would have to agree with screening even tho it would have put me out of the running for admin. I dont spend a massive amount of time playing but this server is where i want to be when i log in. People are skilled and mostly enjoyable to play with. That being said we have more than a few amazingly immature admins running around who are absolute assholes. Old and new, some of these guys need to get a grip on themselves or we will lose quality players. Hopefully in my short time here i've earned the respect of some players and admins alike.

maynard
08-15-2010, 02:30 PM
there will always be annoying people.... even if we did have admin screening, problems would still occur. if people are harsh out of line and abusing there admin privs, just demo it, and post it. you don't even have 2 go public, you can just strait up PM zero if you'd like.

we also have a new admin structure system coming out down the road, which should also keep idiots in check.