07-20-2010, 02:49 PM
zBlock has finally come out with their new update: 4.5 RC1

http://zblock.mgamez.eu/content.htm?cid=14

hopefully zero sees this and uploads ASAP! big day for source

what does zblock do again?

hallwagner
07-20-2010, 04:46 PM
what does zblock do again?

click the link and find out. it does multiple things, alot of which we really need

Spasm
07-20-2010, 06:47 PM
it stops b hop, which is stupid

Kavinsky
07-20-2010, 07:11 PM
why? so we can make zm even more unstable?

hallwagner
07-20-2010, 07:28 PM
why? so we can make zm even more unstable?

yea its already glitch as fuck already

devour
07-21-2010, 07:34 AM
this is mainly more beneficial to the pub. it preventing bhopping is a good thing, so you don't have admins who know very little about bhopping, banning people for "scripting", when theyre doing it legitimately.

zblock did many more things that it does now, but they are slowly working to get it where it used to be. the premise behind zblock originally was to fix all of the stupid inconsistencies the game had prior to the update, ie; networking code, interpolation exploits, etc.

a lot of the issues have been fixed with the update, but as many of you already know, there are still many many bugs.

that being said, zblock was mainly inspired by the competitive community, although many of its features can be utilized by pubs across the board. this can only be beneficial to the pub server, and will in no way conflict with anything.

also, zblock has implemented dxlevel enforcement. for those of you who do not know, ESEA started enforcing dxlevel 81 and under, via their client just before the start of last season. this brought competitive gaming back to the even playing field it has been in europe for years now.

here is ONE of the reasons why dxlevel should be enforced: rzA_012jEBQ

Ambient Occlusion is another reason.

Spasm
07-21-2010, 01:22 PM
this is mainly more beneficial to the pub. it preventing bhopping is a good thing, so you don't have admins who know very little about bhopping, banning people for "scripting", when theyre doing it legitimately.

zblock did many more things that it does now, but they are slowly working to get it where it used to be. the premise behind zblock originally was to fix all of the stupid inconsistencies the game had prior to the update, ie; networking code, interpolation exploits, etc.

a lot of the issues have been fixed with the update, but as many of you already know, there are still many many bugs.

that being said, zblock was mainly inspired by the competitive community, although many of its features can be utilized by pubs across the board. this can only be beneficial to the pub server, and will in no way conflict with anything.

also, zblock has implemented dxlevel enforcement. for those of you who do not know, ESEA started enforcing dxlevel 81 and under, via their client just before the start of last season. this brought competitive gaming back to the even playing field it has been in europe for years now.

here is ONE of the reasons why dxlevel should be enforced: rzA_012jEBQ

Ambient Occlusion is another reason.

quit advertising this please.

devour
07-21-2010, 01:35 PM
if youre afraid of not being able to bhop, i'm with you. i love bhopping, and the feature CAN be turned off, so no worries brosef.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-21-2010, 01:45 PM
if youre afraid of not being able to bhop, i'm with you. i love bhopping, and the feature CAN be turned off, so no worries brosef.

no, i think he just means, stop advertising this. we don't need it. all we could possibly use is the deadtalk feature, and even then it's still not right. dead t's talk to dead/living ct's and dead ct's talk to dead ct's and t's and living ct's.

devour
07-21-2010, 02:12 PM
i would think that at least the following features would be extremely beneficial in preventing griefers/cheaters:

-zb_crashblock (default: 1)
Protects the game-server from several crash exploits.

-zb_antispeedhack (default: 1)
Prevents the use of cheats which manipulate the games view of time.

-zb_viewanglescheck (default: 1)
Detects cheats which distort a player view-angles.

-zb_antispam_max_cmds_per_sec (default: 5)
Sets the maximum number of commands a player can trigger per second, prevents spam attacks

i dont see it as much as advertising as it is bringing something to the community more beneficial than most regulars do around here.

to each his own...

acolyte_to_jippity
07-21-2010, 02:20 PM
we already have spam blocking.

we don't have many problems w/ crash exploits, or view angle exploits, and admins take care of speedhackers quick enough.

all of those things are not needed, and would ammount to just one more mod running on the servers to bog and slow it down.

devour
07-21-2010, 02:30 PM

we don't have many problems w/ crash exploits, or view angle exploits, and admins take care of speedhackers quick enough.

all of those things are not needed, and would ammount to just one more mod running on the servers to bog and slow it down.

the only person who would know if someone was DDOS'ing the server is the person looking over the logs, "view angle exploits" are in essence a coded wallhack, and a good cheater will never be blatant with his cheats. this mod is has been around for years, and is what leagues and match servers run to even the playing field at the core of the game, as best they can.

it's one thing if Zero looks it over and turns it down. it's another when regulars/admins shoot things down without knowing what they're talking about.

Darkphoenix
07-21-2010, 03:18 PM
i like the spam one cause i find people like to spam "go go go" way too much, unless the fix isnt for that, in which case they should make a fix for it.

devour
07-21-2010, 03:20 PM
i like the spam one cause i find people like to spam "go go go" way too much, unless the fix isnt for that, in which case they should make a fix for it.

that is exactly what the spam feature does, and i agree.

hallwagner
07-21-2010, 03:27 PM

NO, i love spamming radio commands, thats half my zm experience :P

acolyte_to_jippity
07-21-2010, 03:28 PM
that is exactly what the spam feature does, and i agree.

i disagree. it sounds like it doesn't do shit for radio commands.
just for typeed shit.

edit: hall, i'll mute you w/out a second thought if you mic spam

hallwagner
07-21-2010, 03:33 PM
just for typeed shit.

did i say anything about mic spam? mute doesnt do shit for radio spamming

acolyte_to_jippity
07-21-2010, 05:09 PM
did i say anything about mic spam? mute doesnt do shit for radio spamming

:sigh:

then i'll have no recourse. i'd have to kick you

devour
07-21-2010, 05:10 PM
just for typeed shit.

incorrect. the feature has been a staple in the zblock mod since inception.

it prevents radio command spamming, as well as mm1, mm2, and console spamming.

hallwagner
07-21-2010, 05:22 PM
:sigh:

then i'll have no recourse. i'd have to kick you

then expect a ton of admin abuse threads, because theres nothing in the rules about that. and kicking me does nothing, its called rejoining, and i damn sure hope u dont ban me for radio command spamming. go ahead and enforce your non-existent rules

devour
07-22-2010, 02:25 PM
then expect a ton of admin abuse threads, because theres nothing in the rules about that. and kicking me does nothing, its called rejoining, and i damn sure hope u dont ban me for radio command spamming. go ahead and enforce your non-existent rules

radio command spamming, as well as any kind of spamming has the potential to crash the server. technically you would be performing malicious activity.

hallwagner
07-22-2010, 02:31 PM
radio command spamming, as well as any kind of spamming has the potential to crash the server. technically you would be performing malicious activity.

meh its never done anything before, and ive been there when multiple people including myself were constantly using the commands. if that crashes a server, then you got some really shitty servers

Spasm
07-22-2010, 07:13 PM

THIS /thread

devour
07-22-2010, 08:21 PM
THIS /thread

the only person who would know if someone was DDOS'ing the server is the person looking over the logs, "view angle exploits" are in essence a coded wallhack, and a good cheater will never be blatant with his cheats. this mod is has been around for years, and is what leagues and match servers run to even the playing field at the core of the game, as best they can.

it's one thing if Zero looks it over and turns it down. it's another when regulars/admins shoot things down without knowing what they're talking about.

debunked.