PDA

View Full Version : how did you come up with your gamer name?

hallwagner
07-21-2010, 05:42 PM
i realize we already had a thread about this a while back, but alot of new people since then, and im too lazy to go back through the threads and find it.

my gamer name: hallwagner
how did i come up with it?: my family has 2 last names because of divorces and other stuff. hall and wagner. i created my first email account waaaayyyy back and decided to make it a combination of my 2 family names. and so, hallwagner was born :O

acolyte_to_jippity
07-21-2010, 05:45 PM
friend from elementary school made flash videos, from the fictional "jippity studios". When he started teaching me to use flash, i began to go by the name "acolyte to jippity" because i was a follower of jippity.

Rob
07-21-2010, 05:49 PM
My names Robin.

maynard
07-21-2010, 05:51 PM
been using the name weedyrs, or RS~Weed-Factor for about 11 years when it comes 2 gaming, but when I started playing CSS again I started using the name mayanrd which has been a name ive only used for chatting in the past, and is a tribute 2 maynard james keenan, the lead singer of Tool and 1 of my personal heros and fav bands of all time.

http://www.endysis.org/images/maynard.jpg

X 1 Viper1
07-21-2010, 05:54 PM
been using the name weedyrs, or RS~Weed-Factor for about 11 years when it comes 2 gaming, but when I started playing CSS again I started using the name mayanrd which has been a name ive only used for chatting in the past, and is a tribute 2 maynard james keenan, the lead singer of Tool and 1 of my personal heros and fav bands of all time.

YAY!!!!! TOOL!!!!

Hm....come to think of it i don't even remember how i came up with my name. It was probably something really stupid though, but it stuck and im too lazy to change it :headache:

maynard
07-21-2010, 05:55 PM
YAY!!!!! TOOL!!!!

Fuckin eh bro!

Jeimuzu
07-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Jeimuzu is Japanese for James. And it is much more readily available as a screenname; more so than James.

Andrew_Pavlik
07-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Well, it's my name, I started using it back when MOHAA first game out, besides that my other gaming name would be heavensent which is short for a Brand New lyric.

Kavinsky
07-21-2010, 06:19 PM
My first name is Kevin and when I was little my dad always used to call me Kevinousky which I never carred for.

then in 06 I was looking up Miami Vice and the car they used in it (a rebodied 79 and 81 vette) because I had just caught the pilot to it that they were running as a promo for the film at the time

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/3571/bitmap12ph.jpg

and the wikipedia page said they replaced it with the Testarossa (the car in my avatar, still prefer the daytona though)

so naturally I typed it in on youtube to see what it looked like in action on the show and Kavinsky - Testarossa Autodrive was one of the first vids that showed up and after listening to a few of his songs and liking them so I figured it'd be a much better name than anything else I was using at the time and it was similar to what my dad called me so I just went with it

Starfish :3
07-21-2010, 06:22 PM
well.... i came up with my name when my older brother started scuba diving =D don't think that needs any further explanation :p i was like 13 then

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-21-2010, 06:52 PM
hmmm

it all started with a solo musician title, Micheal Leo <-- my first and middle names

then i decided to make a "alias" Internet title representing my first name, and my use of profanity and vulgar slang

thus Mikey Revile was born

the DJ in my CSS title is only a TAG

Spasm
07-21-2010, 07:16 PM

FUCK YEA, I am not even a hard rock kinda guy, and Tool kicks ass, the meanings and just overall great sound to their songs is pretty awesome.

Perry
07-21-2010, 07:23 PM
requiem4488 (my actualy steam name) came across when I was still into the classical Dies Irae type music. still am btw.

Perry the Platypus came by when I was watching my nephews and they turned on Phineas and Ferb. I have loved the show since then, so I thought it was fitting to use this name in gaming. No one else had it at the time. Though my nemesis D00F and Peter the Panda occasionally come up.

Wolfenstinger
07-21-2010, 08:28 PM
My game name : Wolfenstinger

Why? - been using this since 1st or 2nd grade (earliest i remember atleast) and started using it on diablo, diablo 2, starcraft, warcraft 2, warcraft 3, etc etc....it kinda stuck with me :D

Another reason ; Never played it, but Wolfenstein is where i got the Wolfen part from

hallwagner
07-21-2010, 08:44 PM
FUCK YEA, I am not even a hard rock kinda guy, and Tool kicks ass, the meanings and just overall great sound to their songs is pretty awesome.
spasm you dickhole, howd u get your gamer name? @ wolf, thats a fucking epic game, ive been playing it for a loooonnngg time, and even tho its extremely outdated, its still hella fun.

p.s. how do u multiquote?

StarsMine
07-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Can I say I have no clue what I was thinking when I made up StarsMine?

All I can say i prefer it much more then what I used in the past aka
gonuts1
nuts1
matthew_79

:/

Im sticking with StarsMine from now on

Spasm
07-21-2010, 09:00 PM
I used it in WoW when my rank was private. So running around in ironforge my name said Private Spasm :D

Darkphoenix
07-21-2010, 09:33 PM
at first i was darkphoenix, i've used it for as long as i can remember. Everyone called me dark for short so i changed it to that

hallwagner
07-21-2010, 09:54 PM
I used it in WoW when my rank was private. So running around in ironforge my name said Private Spasm :D

that doesnt explain how you chose it. i know a "spasm" is a quick jerky movement, but how does that relate to you? is the screen shake during your aimbot a "spasm"? ahhhahah :P

Clone
07-21-2010, 10:05 PM
star wars......

Clone from Clone Trooper...

Clone

THE HOLY SH**T!
07-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Mr.Brad Saucy Pants...

Mr. - Part of the secret society.

Brad - Well, my name.

Saucy - a friend of mine that i play games with always says failsauce/winsauce/fucksauce or something along the lines of that. I always thought it was nerdy, but funny in a way because why the fuck would someone say stupid shit like that.

Pants - Another friend of mine always wears pants no matter what. Even in 100 degree heat he would be in pants, and i contribute this to him for when he plays on source.

I forget why i stay as, the holy shit but its for a good reason.

HfG≈๖ۣۜÇĄŖŅĄĢĘ
07-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Well as for me, my favorite marvel character is Carnage and its been my gamer tag since i was 12 playing SFO= Street Fighter Online. (WHICH IS STILL RUNNING!!)

ZERO
07-21-2010, 10:55 PM
From the zero system: the first few seconds of the vid below should explain. The others are there for the hell of it:

9NZuxoprO3o

tTg4rcKj-Bo

oIm7354bG1M

Spasm
07-21-2010, 11:29 PM
that doesnt explain how you chose it. i know a "spasm" is a quick jerky movement, but how does that relate to you? is the screen shake during your aimbot a "spasm"? ahhhahah :P

Considered it a unique word and it wasn't used that often.

anex
07-22-2010, 01:36 AM
star wars......

Clone from Clone Trooper...

Clone

Bull shit, get out of here. Did you really get your name from Star Wars? Man I would never have made that connection.

I used to go by the gamer tag Theblueullet and 300bulletskill. I forgot why I did it, I was still young, but I added "aNex" to the front of those names to make people think I was in a clan so I could be super internet cool. Then after awhile I just liked the name aNex so I dropped off the other shit and just left it standalone.

XX0wnsXY
07-22-2010, 01:49 AM
Chromosomes.

Clone
07-22-2010, 01:51 AM
Bull shit, get out of here. Did you really get your name from Star Wars? Man I would never have made that connection.

I know right not to obvious at all :D

Clone

Jimbear
07-22-2010, 02:14 AM
i am jim and bears are pretty cool eh

StarsMine
07-22-2010, 08:47 AM
Chromosomes.

I sort of assumed that
girls owns boys :/

mastercheff
07-22-2010, 09:35 AM
I got my name from that episode of arby n the chief when chief spelled his name wrong.....ikr unorignal.

Perry
07-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Chromosomes.

i prefer ownsy lol.

brentidge
07-22-2010, 03:50 PM
i got Brentidge back when i was 11-12 on Aim because that was the cool thing to do. One day my friend jill said "Hi Brentidge" and from there on out i have used that for most everything. I really like the adding idge to words make everything sound more epic.

SCRIBBLE
07-22-2010, 08:06 PM
It comes from a movie I enjoyed back in 1998 called Dark City. One of the characters is Dr. Schreiber. I input schreiber to the old altavista translator and it said it was German for something along the lines of scribble.

Holy-Sonic
07-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Holy- I'm a religious MO-FO
Sonic- the character that I played on his games and watched on tv as a kid =p

Curdy
07-24-2010, 06:58 PM
it started from turd

nuff said

CYBER PWNER
07-24-2010, 07:05 PM
Used to be Cyber Pwner.
My name is Charles, wanted a name that starts with "C" reflecting my "tech loving" trait...and i used to scrim and so i PWND at pubs...

Then i got REALLY better at knifing, became Cyber Knifer (still own at knifing)
ppl call me Cyber for short!:icon_mrgreen:

Solarsoul
07-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Started off Soulstarter back in the days of diablo dont know why just thought of it, then when D2 was released for inline play a kid kept calling me Solar, so i change my name to Solar but i wanted to keep the soul part just threw it in the end and Solarsoul was born, recently i have used Solarisoul alot because people have been using Solarsoul, what douchebags :) anyways, I ve used Solarsoul for at least 10 years now and it just seems to fit. Every one just calls me Solar anyways.

kyperioth
03-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Kyperioth is derived from the name "Kyprioth".
Kyprioth is the Trickster God from a series of books I enjoyed as a child.
I mussed that Kyperioth (Kyp-Erioth) sounded more epic than Kyprioth (Kyp-Rioth), just by adding a strong sounding "E".

I use that name most of the time now. However, there was a time when "Arram" was my primary call-sign which also happens to be from the same series of books. But it didn't have the same appeal to my online personality traits.

Me Haha
03-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Well, when i was thinking of a name i thought "Who am I?" To which I answered "I am Me... (evil laugh). Thus: Me Haha

OMGBEARS
03-14-2011, 02:37 PM
I thought of what people might say if they saw a bear.

And thus, OMGBEARS came into existence.

Steamer
03-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Carpet Cleaner? ;)

dice
03-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Thread necro, but I'll bite. I love gambling :p

Rage
03-14-2011, 05:52 PM
wicked necro!

I got mine just from a saying around where I live. Was the first and only name I've used since. Long time ago when playing for the SAS (Southern Alberta Swat) clan. Miss that clan hardcore :'(

Curdy
03-14-2011, 06:35 PM
was eating a lemon curd on toast when i first installed cs

B1ackOut
03-14-2011, 06:46 PM
one night i thought of a really great gamer name, but then i got really drunk and could not remember it.:banghead: hence the name.

brett friggin favre
03-14-2011, 09:41 PM
my gamer name: Brett Favre
how did i come up with it?: I am Brett Favre.

๖ReS
03-15-2011, 03:43 AM
Res is short for Resyled.

Resyled was created randomly while making a character in Lineage II.

Resyled is pronounced: (Rez-E-lead).

:D

KɅΞW
03-15-2011, 03:46 AM
My mom gave it to me...

BladeTwinSwords
03-15-2011, 10:19 AM
My mom gave it to me...

And to this day, barely anyone can pronounce it correctly.

Blade: Nickname of mine because my real name is similar to it.
TwinSwords: In most games, I play as an agile sword user. Similar to the Swordmaster class from Fire Emblem. There is also a small joke because Blade Man from MegaMan 10 gives you the Triple Blade and so I say I lost a bet to him. :lmao:

maynard
03-15-2011, 10:50 AM
Lineage II

good times.

elpolloloco
03-16-2011, 07:39 AM
I like the way the Spanish language sounds and I am disgusted with the food at el pollo loco (a mexican fast fod chain in california). Their flan is so nasty that I almost puke every time I think about it, which I find kind of funny so I tried out the name EL POLLO LOCO. Plus I can change it to almost anything that fits my current state like el pollo burracho and it still sounds funny.

I used to change my name around a lot, and pollo loco was just another change I was trying out, but over time I kept hearing random racist people yell at me on the servers "SPIC", "WET BACK", "BORDER JUMPER" and everyone that yells it is hardcore SERIOUS. So I basically decided to stay with pollo loco over a year ago permanently because it's useful to point out who the racist bigots are on the server, so I can constantly TK them and not feel guilty.

I mean... not that I like to TK or anything :)

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

On a side note I'm a white guy. So it's even funnier when people call me a spic

Stealthsniper
03-16-2011, 01:43 PM
i got my gamer name from that really old game called Sniper and a group of people were called The StealthSnipers but it disbanded and i just kept the name

bigcraig77
03-17-2011, 11:07 AM
I never knew what the Counter terrorist and Terrorist were fighting over so I like to think they are Crips and Bloods. I had to pick a side so I went with the Crips (Loc is a slang term for a Crip), and my name is Craig. C-Loc was born. Oh, and its pronounced Loke.

Amon
03-17-2011, 10:57 PM
My real name is Adam, during high school one teacher kept mispronouncing my name and kept calling me Amon for role call. It sticked.

dice
03-18-2011, 04:45 AM
i got my gamer name from that really old game called Sniper and a group of people were called The StealthSnipers but it disbanded and i just kept the name

Well then

Superman
03-18-2011, 01:06 PM
My name was very simple to come up with!

superbatranger
03-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Take Superman, Batman, and Power Ranger. Add them together and you get superbatranger.

ZERO
03-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Their flan is so nasty that I almost puke every time I think about it

This may be the reason Americans think flan is terrible when in fact it is an awesome desert, I will order it when ever I am at a good restaurant that has it.

mag36
03-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Well my name started with xbox live on the original xbox in 2001 played alot of halo but sucked at killing people with guns in shooters so would waist through magine clips and run out of ammo (now give me a nade and thats a different story)
Mag sound cool and simple .....No one i knew ever used that name. But xbox requires min of 5 characters. hmm first 2 numbers i it were 36

Mag36

But then a fucking game developer steals my name for a game :headache:

Steamer
03-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Also, that fake Mag running around somewhere...

mag36
03-23-2011, 06:26 PM
lol that too

๖ReS
03-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Right ? I fucking miss it man.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

If the Flan is good it's practically sex jelly.

EDIT.

New forums made me derp.

First post was @maynard

Second post was @zero

nightstrife
03-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Night Strife

hum i got this name from the Final fantasy VII Character Cloud Strife
I like to consider myself as his older brother hehe.

http://videogamewriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/cloud-strife.jpg
"Originally a member of SOLDIER, he is now a mercenary who will take any job..."

acolyte_to_jippity
03-24-2011, 01:32 AM
"Originally a member of SOLDIER, he is now a mercenary who will take any job..."

WRONG!!! zack was the SOLDIER. cloud failed out of the program, but when zack died cloud kinda snapped. he combined his memories of his real past with those of zack, and took on the identity of an ex-SOLDIER member.

nightstrife
03-24-2011, 04:51 AM
yeah he was in the Originally in soldier and failed out and became a mercenary so what i said was true.

i never said he completed it only said he was a member at some point the became a mercenary

Carmichal
12-09-2013, 04:16 PM
I was told to use this thread is it still a necro?

maynard
12-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Given it's 2 prevent a duplicate thread... obviously not.

kionay
12-09-2013, 08:21 PM
i did a quick forum search to find something like this and didn't come up anything readily, mah bad :banghead::banghead::banghead:

What
12-09-2013, 09:07 PM
i did a quick forum search to find something like this and didn't come up anything readily, mah bad :banghead::banghead::banghead:

How dare you not go through years of forum posts to see if a similar topic was at one time mentioned. What a towel.

Steamer
12-09-2013, 11:06 PM
How dare you stay off topic! What a douche.

Omegxkid
12-09-2013, 11:17 PM
I was told to use this thread is it still a necro?
Only if you think it should have stayed dead haha.

B1ackOut
12-09-2013, 11:40 PM
That is certainly an incredible story, but you still never said how you got your name.

Rapedollar$
12-10-2013, 12:43 AM
i posted in a thread about how i came up with my name once...

only once though

What
12-10-2013, 01:41 AM
Mine goes back to DoD 1.3, I had used a variety of names earlier for CS and DoD, but was going into a new server. I wanted to get my bearings and used to the game again (hadn't played in a while) and didn't want to suck with my regular name, so I just thought of something more general, so I went with What, this was before I had a mic so it would be easier to pretend to be a different person. Long story short, I was amazing and got people to know me under that name so I just stayed with it.

kionay
12-10-2013, 09:13 AM
It also makes for the occasional who's on first-type jokes when you're on :D

theflyincupcake
01-10-2014, 12:28 AM
that is. a really really good question. i have no idea how i came up with "The Flyin Cupcake". I just had to make an account on Kongregate way back and i named it The Flyin Cupcake. Now I bathe in that name. I do however have other "gamer names" other than the one i use here. there is Xore and Reofrax. which was the names on my rogue and paladin on WoW. how i came up with those, i dont know either. :D I was just bursting with creativity i assume.

Meltdown
01-10-2014, 02:40 AM
lol i like flyingcupcakes xd

What
01-10-2014, 10:12 AM
Germans be weird

Meltdown
01-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Germans be weird

I'm dutch, don't lump me togheter with them:smirk:

Hitman
01-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Should be easy to explain by I have my name during my era working as a funeral director....

What
01-10-2014, 02:21 PM
Should be easy to explain by I have my name during my era working as a funeral director....

And I'm assuming your enjoyment of a certain game.....

maynard
01-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Germans be weird

We're quite awesome, thank you very much.:smirk:

Assassin
01-10-2014, 04:43 PM

and sometimes angry...mostly angry.

Rapedollar$
01-10-2014, 09:23 PM

we also make great beer

acolyte_to_jippity
01-11-2014, 10:43 AM
we also make great beer

mmm, Hacker-pschorr, Paulaner, Ayinger...

^_^

Jackie Marlow
01-11-2014, 04:28 PM
I'm a jerk.

Hitman
01-13-2014, 11:38 AM
And I'm assuming your enjoyment of a certain game.....

Dont know about any Hitman game.....

Carmichal
01-13-2014, 07:32 PM
divine intervention. Really i have no idea it just came to me.

Pootie Too Good
01-14-2014, 04:28 AM
I go by Zealem Pootie now, as my name used to be -zlm- Pootie Too Good. Zealem = ZLM if pronounced like i want you too. Pootie Too Good was pretty annoying of a name, because if i didn't play seriously for 5 fucking seconds, i'd get the trolls rallying from under their bridges. So i slimmed it down to Pootie. Based on the quote from Chris Rock from Pootie Tang, "POOTIE TOO GOOD, POOTIE TOO GOOD"

insaneblackninja
01-14-2014, 06:33 PM
Mine goes back to my early high school days. My friends and I had just watched some cheesy b-movie Kung fu flick, where the good ninjas (dressed in white) were fighting the bad ninjas (dressed in black). A couple days later I, being 13ish and highly immature, kept sneaking up on my friends and drop kicking them. After the umpteenth time I did it, my friends declared me one of the "dishonorable, black ninjas." I just went by that for a while, until I found a site where blackninja was already in use. While trying to think of an alternate I'd remember, I thought of one of my favorite sayings (I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every damn minute of it). Hence, insaneblackninja was born. I literally use that as my screenname for everything except job applications, to the point where I actually get pissed if I try to sign up for a website and find that name is already taken (fortunately, a rare occurrence). So if you're ever online and see an insaneblackninja, good chance it's me.

$Money$
01-15-2014, 09:44 PM
High School Basketball Nickname

Zackychuu
01-18-2014, 08:49 PM
There was a girl I used to like while I was at school called Laura (nickname was Lauz) she changed her MSN name to Lauzmander one day while I was talking to her. Decided to come up with a poke-related name too and came up with Zackychuu.
Pikachu isn't even my favourite pokemon...

Sin
01-21-2014, 08:28 AM
Pikachu isn't even my favourite pokemon...

There's so much wrong with that statement, I don't know where to begin.

Hyderette
02-28-2014, 08:04 PM
I got two gamer names First one is "1m9j9s3" Which mean 1993 = year I born , mjs = My full name Second one is "blueVIP" Which mean blue = my fav color , VIP = I'm Important

Gaz
03-10-2014, 09:48 AM
Gaz is my nickname in real life and it is short memorable and effective

VLKhgh
03-13-2014, 01:58 AM
According to some players in ZM my name (V|L|K) stands for Vagina Licking Kangaroos, so let's go with that :icon_mrgreen:

Evil
03-14-2014, 10:37 AM
I chose Evil cause I was bored and couldn't think of a name. Wanted to change it, but I'm stuck with it now.

Nemesis
03-16-2014, 09:05 PM
I did not make my name, the God of Gaming made it for me

Sounds like a faggot.