PDA

View Full Version : Banning ID that isn't playing

Rob
07-22-2010, 10:29 AM
i searched quickly through the forums, and i didnt find anything.
Before the update i could simply console ban someone with ID, when the person already left (for avoiding a ban)
Now it gives me bollocks like ma_banid being invalid command, and ma_ban doesnt ban an id that is not active at the time.

How the fuck do I ban someone that avoided getting banned?
I should just stop telling them that they are gonna get banned.
they run away from me :(

acolyte_to_jippity
07-22-2010, 10:32 AM
i searched quickly through the forums, and i didnt find anything.
Before the update i could simply console ban someone with ID, when the person already left (for avoiding a ban)
Now it gives me bollocks like ma_banid being invalid command, and ma_ban doesnt ban an id that is not active at the time.

How the fuck do I ban someone that avoided getting banned?
I should just stop telling them that they are gonna get banned.
they run away from me :(

ma_banip

takes steamid or ip as parameter believe

Rob
07-22-2010, 10:35 AM
ma_banip

takes steamid or ip as parameter believe

Nope, says it didn't find target

acolyte_to_jippity
07-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Nope, says it didn't find target

:shrug:

we don't have acess to akick or aban, so i'm not sure what to say

hallwagner
07-22-2010, 11:52 AM
:shrug:

we don't have acess to akick or aban, so i'm not sure what to say

when i was admin (and acting sanely) i was told that we couldnt ban players that left, and that only clan members can do that

Rapedollar$
07-22-2010, 01:56 PM
ma_rcon

maynard
07-22-2010, 02:15 PM
ma_rcon

doesn't work. remember, with acer?

Rob
07-22-2010, 02:35 PM
when i was admin (and acting sanely) i was told that we couldnt ban players that left, and that only clan members can do that

I have before, but since the update fucked it up, i cant anymore.
Its kind of bullshit that you're not allowed to ban someone if they left (for example, when avoiding getting banned). but if they don't. you can.

hallwagner
07-22-2010, 02:47 PM
I have before, but since the update fucked it up, i cant anymore.
Its kind of bullshit that you're not allowed to ban someone if they left (for example, when avoiding getting banned). but if they don't. you can.

thats half of what ban requests are for. its much safer and easier just to have zero ban him. that way youre sure the persons banned

taz1stP
07-22-2010, 07:07 PM
what you do is you get the ban ready to go then before you hit enter you tell them then hit enter. so then they get a little warning or just ban them then deal with them bitching when they get back.

maynard
07-22-2010, 07:27 PM

discreetly get the ban command ready, go into spec, get the demo, then do the command? it's not hard. ive had like... 1 or 2 people in the last year leave before I could get the ban off, and even when that happens you have there Steam ID, and a demo, so it doesn't really matter. you can send the demo into vacbans for review, and you can also keep an eye out for that steam ID 2 resurface... which will more then likely happen.

SCRIBBLE
07-22-2010, 08:09 PM
discreetly get the ban command ready, go into spec, get the demo, then do the command? it's not hard. ive had like... 1 or 2 people in the last year leave before I could get the ban off, and even when that happens you have there Steam ID, and a demo, so it doesn't really matter. you can send the demo into vacbans for review, and you can also keep an eye out for that steam ID 2 resurface... which will more then likely happen.
:wtg: for common sense

Rob
07-23-2010, 03:10 AM

Makes sense. it happened to me like twice now too. kinda fail. but oh well, im gonna keep an eye out for him anyway