PDA

View Full Version : Solution to spaming 1 on map votes?

<('-'^)
07-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Ok so its annoying when lots of people spam 1 when a map vote comes up and selection 1 happens to be a shitty map. A solution to teach people that spamming the 1 key is bad is to make selection 1 slay instead of a map. That way the spammer gets slayed and hopefully learns his lesson lol. It may not be the greatest idea but i thought id put it out there.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Ok so its annoying when lots of people spam 1 when a map vote comes up and selection 1 happens to be a shitty map. A solution to teach people that spamming the 1 key is bad is to make selection 1 slay instead of a map. That way the spammer gets slayed and hopefully learns his lesson lol. It may not be the greatest idea but i thought id put it out there.

i make it blind

hallwagner
07-28-2010, 10:18 PM
i make it blind

agree, 1 spamming is gay. the only times ive done it is when im in the middle of a firefight, i find the map vote thing distracting, and 1 is the easiest button to push quickly

Rapedollar$
07-28-2010, 10:24 PM

me likey

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-28-2010, 10:31 PM
me likey

sadistic, tyrant. You would like this =P

chase
07-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Theres a problem though, many times the 1 spammers don't intentionally do it. The mapvote comes up at a random time during gameplay and as you are switching to your primary, you hit 1.. So you're going to have people slayed because they wanted to switch guns?

DeadEyeDeNNi$
07-29-2010, 12:16 AM
Theres a problem though, many times the 1 spammers don't intentionally do it. The mapvote comes up at a random time during gameplay and as you are switching to your primary, you hit 1.. So you're going to have people slayed because they wanted to switch guns?

Simple, just make the map vote numbers different 4-5-6-7 OR really mess em up and go backwards, 4-3-2-1- then if they press 1 it's the map that you wanted them to vote for :P

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-29-2010, 04:27 AM
here is a solution.

Deal with it.

if people complain about that map that was voted for, admins do your job, create a new vote.

all i see here is an attempt to escape even more responsibility as an admin.

SCRIBBLE
07-29-2010, 05:29 PM
just make

1 = -
2 = 1
3 = 2
4 = 3

etc...

slay sounds good too.

Jeimuzu
07-29-2010, 06:26 PM
Admin Rule #4: Make your own map votes, don't leave it up to the random voter.

DeadEyeDeNNi$
07-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Admin Rule #4: Make your own map votes, don't leave it up to the random voter.

J, they don't get it so don't bother explaining =/

BladeTwinSwords
07-29-2010, 08:00 PM
About 80% of the map votes made by the random map vote suck so I just go ahead and make my own votes.

The one spam isn't really that much of a problem because most of the time people want a different map.

CYBER
08-03-2010, 12:01 PM
still, most of the time the random map votes comes out towards the end, the most intense time, and ppl will spam 1 to avoid, i still think that 1 should be an empty vote and if 1 is still spammed, the second most voted thing will be taken...
admins changing map = ignoring the votes of those who chose smthn else.
even if admin made own map vote, it is subjective and 1 spammers will still vote a map up, when most others might want to play another better map...

i say we do as mentionned, either have 1= none and take second best if 1 is spammed
or 1= freeze, burn or blind or a time-(bomb, freeze, burn, or smthn... )
at least accidental 1 spammers can have a decent chance of killing someone and not just slay...
that AND STILL doing our own map votes or map changes...

and mikey? its not trying to avoid admining work...its just a way to be smoother than changing maps when a bad or overplayed map has been spammed which might force us for poll votes when the game is being played and having to change map after soemone got a score of 5+ or smthn for nthn...be fair.

CYBER
08-03-2010, 12:05 PM
About 80% of the map votes made by the random map vote suck so I just go ahead and make my own votes.

The one spam isn't really that much of a problem because most of the time people want a different map.

also...some maps REALLY need to be filtered out soon... some of them are NEVER played and despised...get rid of them!":):icon_mrgreen: