PDA

View Full Version : Problem with downloading maps

Carina
07-31-2010, 05:18 AM
Zero..
i dont know what is wrong, but if you dont have the map we are gonna play then you cant download it and you will just get kicked out..
today just now we went from playing complex with a full server to play Stonewall with less then 10 ppl becuase the rest got kicked with the message "The map was not found" (according to Perry, who was one of the ppl that got kicked) ¨so we had to change the map so a reg map.. and i know its not the first times its happened..

hallwagner
07-31-2010, 12:23 PM
Zero..
i dont know what is wrong, but if you dont have the map we are gonna play then you cant download it and you will just get kicked out..
today just now we went from playing complex with a full server to play Stonewall with less then 10 ppl becuase the rest got kicked with the message "The map was not found" (according to Perry, who was one of the ppl that got kicked) ¨so we had to change the map so a reg map.. and i know its not the first times its happened..

yea ive had that problem with a few maps on both zm and gg, its fucking annoying

ZERO
07-31-2010, 04:49 PM
recording the map name would help...

acolyte_to_jippity
07-31-2010, 05:06 PM

zm_loki_horrorhood

i think that's the one i can't dl. it always kicks me for not having that map when it comes up. (this was pre-update. haven;t seen it on the map vote since)

Perry
07-31-2010, 06:24 PM
stonewalled.bsp

hallwagner
07-31-2010, 06:39 PM
stonewalled.bsp

same with me

Carina
08-01-2010, 04:14 AM

well i havent met a map yet i couldnt get..
but i know (like the others have said) Stonewall.bsp its a big problem.. i think its a great map and i love playing on it, but not it over half the ppl cant get in on it.. and i will be vary sad if it got removed, so it would be nice if the problem got fixed ;) :wtg:
but the problem with downloading the maps is rather new..

CYBER
08-04-2010, 05:14 PM
well i havent met a map yet i couldnt get..
but i know (like the others have said) Stonewall.bsp its a big problem.. i think its a great map and i love playing on it, but not it over half the ppl cant get in on it.. and i will be vary sad if it got removed, so it would be nice if the problem got fixed ;) :wtg:
but the problem with downloading the maps is rather new..

agreed

DeadEyeDeNNi$
08-09-2010, 09:49 AM
My bet is another "NORTON " fuckup or possibly another AV or antispyware prog maybe even a firewall 3rd party

acolyte_to_jippity
08-09-2010, 09:54 AM
My bet is another "NORTON " fuckup or possibly another AV or antispyware prog maybe even a firewall 3rd party

but only certain maps?

Kavinsky
08-09-2010, 07:44 PM
I just had this just happen with GG_300 and all of the zm maps I just deleted, so I think it is a server problem.

Insaniac
08-10-2010, 12:33 AM
Have had this happen various times also. Not an anti-virus problem, as I can download maps from other servers fine. If I install the map from fpsbanana afterward, I'll sometimes get a popup about replacing existing files (like I already have the map.) But yeah, if I go and get the map elsewhere, I can join as usual.

Can't recall if it's happened with every server-DLed map that I don't have already, but seems to be the case pretty often.

EDIT: Keeping you updated. Just happened with:

aim_bc_texture_7

DeadEyeDeNNi$
08-10-2010, 10:22 AM
but only certain maps?

If they are coming from different sites/IPs then it's a possibility, if from the same site for ALL maps then no.

Carina
08-12-2010, 01:04 PM
sath_speedcastle

Kavinsky
08-17-2010, 01:45 PM
I think I figured out how to fix it here
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4615